Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

toxic8aker posted:

Betting on PM arriving, Jack absconding and John flipping the gently caress out at a white Bec Noir.

PM is kind of a tough, maternal figure, isn't she? I could see John weeping his sorrows to her while she looks away awkwardly towards the escaping Jack. There, there, you blubbering goddamn pansy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Considering that the twelve troll players, some of whom were god teir, all of whom had been training by playing the game over the course of roughly a month compared to John's day or two, couldn't even hope to defeat Bec Noir, I feel confident in saying that John is hosed if PM doesn't arrive soon.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

DontMockMySmock posted:

Considering that the twelve troll players, some of whom were god teir, all of whom had been training by playing the game over the course of roughly a month compared to John's day or two, couldn't even hope to defeat Bec Noir, I feel confident in saying that John is hosed if PM doesn't arrive soon.

Vriska had a chance, solo. If all the Trolls had pooled their resources while prepared, they probably could have gotten him, but some would have died along the way, so Aradia chose to evacuate instead.

Speaking of, you know whom we haven't heard of in a really, really long time? Aradia and Sollux. Well, I mean, we saw Aradia for a tiny bit in the walkaround, but we have no idea what the two of them are doing these days.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

DontMockMySmock posted:

It seemed likely that god tier Vriska could've taken him (even if that was ultimately irrelevant). God tier Aradia at least managed to contain and evade him.

I think John has enough going for him in comparison that he has a good shot. He's a rung up on the god-tier equivalent of the echeladder, and wielding two overpowered weapons alchemized together. Also, Jack can't use his green sun powers, which is a pretty significant disadvantage.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Vriska made it to the top of the god tiers, and was a very cunning fighter, who also got some kind of powerup from her perfect roll. I'm sure we have yet to see another player who'd do as well in a straight-up fight, Caliborn obviously excepted (come to think of it, we saw Lord English glow with First Guardian energy and clockwork majjykks, whatever the gently caress those are). And even she needed every advantage she could muster just to stand on even footing with him. One trifles with the power of First Guardians at one's own peril; Doc Scratch called himself more powerful than a god, and I'd guess that applies equally well to god tier players and horrorterrors; and he was made from a puppet, rather than possessing the attributes of three predators and a clown.

But John's not exactly involved in a straight-up fight. Jack can't teleport, an equally powerful entity hostile to him is nearby, he's probably as tired as it's possible for him to be (not very), and if he succeeds in injuring John at all it just means he'll wake up.

Jack's more mobile than John, so if he thinks he's losing he'll probably just amscray, or at least try. PM will have to involve herself if anything more concrete than a change of heart is to come of this encounter. It's possible he and Jack will do the old "they hit each other simultaneously" thing, with John waking up and PM finding and apprehending an injured or unconscious Jack and doing something about that.

It does suddenly seem significant that the title of the god tier John currently occupies is "Revenge of Doctor Ragnarok." Vengeance definitely looks like what is happening here, and just a few panels ago John was literally standing on the end of the universe.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Bongo Bill posted:

Jack's more mobile than John,

How so?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Minor corrections:

Bongo Bill posted:

Vriska made it to the top of the god tiers

Actually, didn't she say she didn't make it to the top of the God-tiers? She speculated that John might one day be a higher level than her.

Bongo Bill posted:

clockwork majjykks, whatever the gently caress those are

Aradia's ancestor was the one use those, and she was the Witch of Time. Doc Scratch was just saying he'd taught her how to use her powers.

Lord English, as the Lord of Time, must have something similar, though.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Nate RFB posted:

Green/Red Miles

I've seen people say this a few times recently, and I have absolutely no idea what the green part is referring to. What's this all about?

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Suaimhneas posted:

I've seen people say this a few times recently, and I have absolutely no idea what the green part is referring to. What's this all about?

Jack has used gigantic green pyrotechnic explosions, like when he set John's planet on fire or completely eradicated the Troll's planets and Prospit and Derse. He used similar poses to when he used the Red Miles later on, so some people have taken to calling the green one "Green Miles" although it might not really be an actual variant of the attack.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Yeah this would be a good time for John to get a little backup. PM swooping in to get a little revenge is the most likely, but Vriska suddenly sliding into the bubble or Rose getting up to help by phasing in would be acceptable too. Or maybe Bec Noir's just gonna pop his dream head off like a grape and this defeat is just meant to serve as John's motivation to get pumped over the last year of the journey?

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011

Bongo Bill posted:

Vriska made it to the top of the god tiers, and was a very cunning fighter, who also got some kind of powerup from her perfect roll. I'm sure we have yet to see another player who'd do as well in a straight-up fight, Caliborn obviously excepted (come to think of it, we saw Lord English glow with First Guardian energy and clockwork majjykks, whatever the gently caress those are). And even she needed every advantage she could muster just to stand on even footing with him. One trifles with the power of First Guardians at one's own peril; Doc Scratch called himself more powerful than a god, and I'd guess that applies equally well to god tier players and horrorterrors; and he was made from a puppet, rather than possessing the attributes of three predators and a clown.

Don't forget Vriska's Hero of Light powers. I'm pretty sure it has been implied (or outright said) by Hussie that Vriska was stilling Jack's luck and bolstering her own with it, allowing her that perfect roll. Vriska had every advantage, and by Doc Scratch's speculations, she still had a decent chance to lose. I don't think John is where Vriska was at at the thist moment.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
As this thread's resident Homestuck fanmusician I feel I should let you guys know that I'm opening up music commissions, if anyone's interested!

And also speaking of music, the guys and I who were responsible for Dogfight on Volume 9 have plans. Big plans. Everything's still pretty up in the air right now but when you guys see it it's gonna be big.

It may or may not be a Gregorian chant about the majesty of the SORD, in the vein of "Warhammer of Zillyhoo".

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
^^^^ Do you want me to give you money now or when it comes out?

Also I don't know why I didn't realise that the hammer went "CLO88ER" when it hit the rock!

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Well Manicured Man posted:

As this thread's resident Homestuck fanmusician I feel I should let you guys know that I'm opening up music commissions, if anyone's interested!

Really wish I was in the black right now so I could commission a longer version of Prospero's Island, or something like it; can't get enough of that creepy atmospheric vibe. :)

e/ Oh hey, bonus tracks.

Renaissance Robot fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 1, 2012

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Boy.

Human John.

This dogman has large wings attached to his back. Wings, or, as the trolls call them, "air-catching limbs". Do the windy thing. You do the windy thing this instant, boy.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.

It may or may not be a Gregorian chant about the majesty of the SORD, in the vein of "Warhammer of Zillyhoo".

:allears: I love that song and gregorian chants, so consider me excited.

Also, I only just realized about a week ago that the lyrics to that song are literally 'Warhammer of Zillyhoo. Warhammer of Zillyhoo'. :geno:

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
From the look of this fight scene I guess Hussie listened when I told him to be more like Tails Gets Trolled.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

So apparently CNN's 'geekout' column has an article on Homestuck. It's rather well written and I enjoyed it. Just... just don't read the comments.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zutaten posted:

Just... just don't read the comments.

This has never failed to be a thing in anything ever.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

So when can I start telling my friends that I was into Homestuck before it was cool?

(spoiler: never)

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Tollymain posted:

This has never failed to be a thing in anything ever.

The Internet: ruining comments sections since 2005 or whenever comments sections were introduced or whatever.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dolash posted:

Yeah this would be a good time for John to get a little backup. PM swooping in to get a little revenge is the most likely, but Vriska suddenly sliding into the bubble or Rose getting up to help by phasing in would be acceptable too. Or maybe Bec Noir's just gonna pop his dream head off like a grape and this defeat is just meant to serve as John's motivation to get pumped over the last year of the journey?

I think you mean get ripped.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Fister Roboto posted:

So when can I start telling my friends that I was into Homestuck before it was cool?

(spoiler: never)

Do you know how many fans have never read Problem Sleuth :eng99:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yes. Too Many.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
poo poo, the kickstarter's gonna hit 2 million tonight, isn't it? In about half an hour it went from being $5,000 away to less than $2,000. I think it might hit it within the next hour.

Exciting stuff. It's like watching the ball drop on New Year's Eve.

Carrigskeewaun
Mar 6, 2008

Not Brazil
Under a thousand now. Sometimes internet magic is real.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Zutaten posted:

So apparently CNN's 'geekout' column has an article on Homestuck. It's rather well written and I enjoyed it. Just... just don't read the comments.

At least the comments are mostly just Homestuck fans being weird, rather than commenters being horrible shits to each other as is par for the course for CNN. skip the bucket video though

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Two million dollars exactly! Gonna post a screenshot in a second.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Welp, there we are. Now, can we hit $2,500,000 before the deadline?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dear Mister Hussie, how does it feel to technically kind of be a multimillionaire, TIA.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Welp, there we are. Now, can we hit $2,500,000 before the deadline?

Only if he introduced Squarewave and Sawtooth as stretch goal rewards. Not stuffed toys, the actual robots.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Fister Roboto posted:

Dear Mister Hussie, how does it feel to technically kind of be a multimillionaire, TIA.

He seems excited.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Can't wait to see what Ryan North buys with that.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Chexoid posted:

Can't wait to see what Ryan North buys with that.

The title of the Kickstarter suddenly changes to "Dinosaur Comics Adventure Game".

A faint laugh is heard from Canada.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Apparently doing the Windy Thing allows you to turn into wind. This is...new.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
That's a new application of the windy thing.

Also, Rose!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Wow, John can wind-port. That's pretty drat awesome and usefu-wait is that Rose?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

This is a very cool new breath power. I like how, using little things like these, Hussie shows character growth. Hi Rose.

John looks like he has a very disconcerting ogle here.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm guessing wind phase-shifting is firmly a god-tier level Breath ability. Score one point for the Chump of Shoosh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"Too bad for you, Jack, I ate the Kaze Kaze no Mi." :smug:

I like all the parts of this comic that have Rose. :allears: