Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Humerus posted:

Car chat???

Just got this 2015 Focus SE hatchback last weekend. I love the fuckin thing. I've only ever had Toyotas until now and I can hardly believe I bought a Ford but I decided a while back my next car would be a hatchback, and I was kind of on a white whale hunt for a Prius with kinda low mileage but still in my price range, so I started driving other hatchbacks and after the test drive I needed this car. Dogs approve too.

I've been considering picking up a hatchback for my next car and your goofy rear end dogs just cemented it. My nutball will love it. Hadn't thought about throwing her in the trunk and removing the piece that separates it from the rest of the cabin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pig Head
Mar 9, 2006

He'll bite your face

TraderStav posted:

I've been considering picking up a hatchback for my next car and your goofy rear end dogs just cemented it. My nutball will love it. Hadn't thought about throwing her in the trunk and removing the piece that separates it from the rest of the cabin.

Hatchbacks are the best! I just bought a 2018 Honda Fit Sport (it's a car from the FUTURE) to replace my 2003 Hyundai Elantra GT hatchback. New Honda doesn't have the removable thing that separates the hatch from the cabin but I found that thing to be annoying as poo poo. I'm happy it's just open. Overall the whole hatchback area, whether the seats are folded down or not, is way better than my Elantra.

Now all I have to do is figure out how/when to properly use the sport gears and how to survive with my car not having a CD player. :corsair:

Your dogface is precious!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Pig Head posted:

Hatchbacks are the best! I just bought a 2018 Honda Fit Sport (it's a car from the FUTURE) to replace my 2003 Hyundai Elantra GT hatchback. New Honda doesn't have the removable thing that separates the hatch from the cabin but I found that thing to be annoying as poo poo. I'm happy it's just open. Overall the whole hatchback area, whether the seats are folded down or not, is way better than my Elantra.

Now all I have to do is figure out how/when to properly use the sport gears and how to survive with my car not having a CD player. :corsair:

Your dogface is precious!

I've got to cram my wife, 3 kids, and my dog in there from time to time so I don't think a Fit will work for me. Leaning toward the newer Civic hatchback. I'm a big fan of bells and whistles so I'm wrestling between the Sport with Manual or the higher trims and settling for automatic.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
Bought this Fjällräven backpack (but in black) for travel use. It could be prettier I guess, but I've been looking for a spacious travel backpack that would open up all the way like an assault pack without the tactilol style. Also have good experiences with the brand.

Pig Head
Mar 9, 2006

He'll bite your face

TraderStav posted:

I've got to cram my wife, 3 kids, and my dog in there from time to time so I don't think a Fit will work for me. Leaning toward the newer Civic hatchback. I'm a big fan of bells and whistles so I'm wrestling between the Sport with Manual or the higher trims and settling for automatic.
AH, well it makes way more sense. There was a '15 Civic hatchback at the dealership and it was way roomier. Mine's basically a sweet rear end go cart, exactly what I wanted.

I will say the trims drove me NUTS deciding on what I wanted/needed. I basically just wanted everything the same as my old car and the Sport fit that best. Plus, it was always my dream to have black rims and now I have them! Plus #2, my god the gas mileage I'm getting. It's nuts compared to my old car. Good luck on your future purchase!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

My 2015 Fit EX is the best car I've ever owned. However, I live in New Orleans and drive for a living and the streets here are the loving worst. There are bumps/potholes in at least 90% of the streets. Local government almost never puts any money into fixing them, and when they do, it takes forever. But driving anywhere besides here in my Fit is a joy! I could probably fold the seats down and sleep in the back. One day I want to take it in the woods somewhere and go camping in my car.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Pig Head posted:

AH, well it makes way more sense. There was a '15 Civic hatchback at the dealership and it was way roomier. Mine's basically a sweet rear end go cart, exactly what I wanted.

I will say the trims drove me NUTS deciding on what I wanted/needed. I basically just wanted everything the same as my old car and the Sport fit that best. Plus, it was always my dream to have black rims and now I have them! Plus #2, my god the gas mileage I'm getting. It's nuts compared to my old car. Good luck on your future purchase!

Seconding this. I find it ridiculous that in 2017 you cannot get leather + manual transmission.

I went from an Accord EX-L getting 38 mpg to an Explorer getting 19-20 for a year. Moving back to a reasonable car when my wifes lease is up and can take the Explorer from me. We bought it so we could tow our new camper. I miss a good CAR.

I put ~27K miles a year on my vehicles so I appreciate low cost of maintenance and mileage.

Pig Head
Mar 9, 2006

He'll bite your face

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

My 2015 Fit EX is the best car I've ever owned. However, I live in New Orleans and drive for a living and the streets here are the loving worst. There are bumps/potholes in at least 90% of the streets. Local government almost never puts any money into fixing them, and when they do, it takes forever. But driving anywhere besides here in my Fit is a joy! I could probably fold the seats down and sleep in the back. One day I want to take it in the woods somewhere and go camping in my car.
Replacing an 03, my Fit is SO zippy. It's insane. Funny - I'm 4'11" and tested out laying down in the back on the showroom floor. :)

Was in your fine city back in January and the sidewalks and streets sure were hazards. Thankfully none of us got too tanked or there would have been a sprained ankle or 2! I was worried a bit about clearance living in Pittsburgh with snow but I think I'll be fine.

Pig Head
Mar 9, 2006

He'll bite your face

TraderStav posted:

Seconding this. I find it ridiculous that in 2017 you cannot get leather + manual transmission.

I went from an Accord EX-L getting 38 mpg to an Explorer getting 19-20 for a year. Moving back to a reasonable car when my wifes lease is up and can take the Explorer from me. We bought it so we could tow our new camper. I miss a good CAR.

I put ~27K miles a year on my vehicles so I appreciate low cost of maintenance and mileage.

Amen. It's so hard. I wanted leather again so bad but had to make a trade off. Thankfully the material on my new seats seem ok and I'm getting used to them.

My Elantra was getting 16-18 mpg and current car around 33 for these first 3 weeks so I feel you. I'm living the dream! Only cost me $20 to fill up almost 2 weeks ago.

It was hard making the jump to Honda but since I'm a long term owner by nature it just made more sense. I will forever miss my first car tho. At least he got me $300 trade in :P

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
x4

Ignition coils for my ~15 year old car. The current ones were donated to my fiance's mom's car and I was just going to sell mine for parts (almost everything else on it works fine,) but no takers on CL so I'll at least get it to a running state then either try to sell it again for a bit more or just keep driving it since it gets better mileage than my truck.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Bought this Fjällräven backpack (but in black) for travel use. It could be prettier I guess, but I've been looking for a spacious travel backpack that would open up all the way like an assault pack without the tactilol style. Also have good experiences with the brand.

I didn't even know Fjällräven made other products besides totally-overpriced-and-actually-rather-uncomfortable-rucksack-designed-before-ergonomy-was-invented-meant-for-rich-people-and-hipsters :prepop:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Pig Head posted:

It was hard making the jump to Honda but since I'm a long term owner by nature it just made more sense. I will forever miss my first car tho. At least he got me $300 trade in :P
My Nissan Altima that I bought used & had for a couple years only got me $500 when I traded it in for my Fit because apparently the title had been fraudulently hosed with or something and it was in a bunch of accidents before I'd gotten it and the dealership didn't report that to me when I bought it :laffo:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Purchase pics with dogs included are definitely a bonus to people who bookmark this thread.

Hatchbark.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Rolo posted:

Purchase pics with dogs included are definitely a bonus to people who bookmark this thread.

Hatchbark.

Think I found my new way to post in here...

New chair in background as I like to sit and ready with support and not a crummy soft cushion.

Note the brown spots of grass generated by said dog. Refuses to spread it out over the lawn so its all concentrated.

Theonlydk
Jul 29, 2003
The only Dk here!
I bought this a couple of months ago but since everyone seems to love the design I thought I'd share.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Jerry Cotton posted:

I didn't even know Fjällräven made other products besides totally-overpriced-and-actually-rather-uncomfortable-rucksack-designed-before-ergonomy-was-invented-meant-for-rich-people-and-hipsters :prepop:

In my admittedly limited experience their stuff is pricey, but high quality. I have a fleece hoodie that I’ve worn loads over the past year and there’s no sign of nap on it.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Theonlydk posted:

I bought this a couple of months ago but since everyone seems to love the design I thought I'd share.

Think I might prefer an SUV with a roll down back window.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

What up fellow New Orleanian with a hatchback. I live in Lakeview. It is the worst.

Recent purchases include:
For my new PC build

Dad's christmas gift:

And a hoodie and a belt from H&M sale.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

couldcareless posted:

What up fellow New Orleanian with a hatchback. I live in Lakeview. It is the worst.

Recent purchases include:
For my new PC build

Dad's christmas gift:

And a hoodie and a belt from H&M sale.
Hahaha, not only do we live in the same area but we have the same PC case :hfive: (Mine is the black windowless version, but still.)

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
A 10/22 for my wife to use now that she wants to go shooting together.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Hey hatchbark people make sure you're not driving around with your dogs in the crumple zone. Probably varies from car to car but typically I would say dogs should go where people go if you don't want a minor accident to hurt them.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I would really like to have a dog. And if I did and my dog was in the car with me, I'd probably drive more carefully than I ever have before. Precious cargo, you know.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
My dog has a special seatbelt that she wears in the car.

edit: oh yeah i bought an iphone 8+, it's big.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

prom candy posted:

My dog has a special seatbelt that she wears in the car.

This is now the law in California. Otherwise your dog is just yet another thing through the windshield in an accident. I am smoking crack it seems.

H110Hawk has a new favorite as of 05:42 on Oct 17, 2017

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Dogs are the pickup trucks of pets

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

H110Hawk posted:

This is now the law in California. Otherwise your dog is just yet another thing through the windshield in an accident.

Yeah we bought it 50% for our own safety, I don't want to be decapitated by a 70 pound dog hurtling through the air. Pretty cool that they made a law.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Theonlydk posted:

Is that tent wide enough to lay down in?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
That tent's not for lying, it's for laying

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Theonlydk posted:

Dammit! That would have solved everything!!

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

H110Hawk posted:

This is now the law in California. Otherwise your dog is just yet another thing through the windshield in an accident.
Got a link for this? Googling doesn't seem to suggest this is true.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Krakkles posted:

Got a link for this? Googling doesn't seem to suggest this is true.

Well then. I swear I read it in one of those roll ups of new laws for the year. Guess I have the good drugs then.

Theonlydk
Jul 29, 2003
The only Dk here!

Glottis posted:

Is that tent wide enough to lay down in?

Yes as long as you are shorter than about 6 foot 11. The bed length is 5 foot 3 inches with the tail gate up and 7 feet with it down. I'm just shy of 6 feet tall and was able to lay down it comfortably.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fire Safety Doug posted:

In my admittedly limited experience their stuff is pricey, but high quality. I have a fleece hoodie that I’ve worn loads over the past year and there’s no sign of nap on it.

Nap is the only thing I'd use a fleece hoodie for :thunk:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

That's a pretty sick boom box

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

https://youtu.be/ygqyTjp8z9Y

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

OSU_Matthew posted:

Snipperclips-the game that you buy to break up with your girlfriend when she gets frustrated at the constant self sabotage

Curious for more details on the cross... Where'd you pick that up? Any ideas on the origins?

I know an antiquities dealer. I meet him at coin shows. He travels everywhere. He’s been in the market for decades. He has a website too and deals over the phone. He also had some really cool rings, beads, belt buckles, and egyptian ushabti's.

The cross i’m guessing by the design and the decomposition is that its probably anywhere from 300-600 ad. If it were middle or late medieval, the condition of the metal would be much better. Design looks celctic. But its a mystery to me. I just like it because I know its drat old, and a more personal item than a coin.

I got a repro coca cola clock

And a pistol-a

This might be my most American post ever.

MeatRocket8 has a new favorite as of 05:04 on Oct 18, 2017

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

ChocNitty posted:

The cross i’m guessing by the design and the decomposition is that its probably anywhere from 300-600 ad. If it were middle or late medieval, the condition of the metal would be much better. Design looks celctic. But its a mystery to me. I just like it because I know its drat old, and a more personal item than a coin.

And a pistol-a

This might be my most American post ever.

Nothing is more American than clinging to your guns and religion :911:

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
E: phone double posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

OSU_Matthew posted:

Nothing is more American than clinging to your guns and religion :911:

True. But that pistol is actually a bb gun. And thaf crucifix I love for the history only and im an athiest.