Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Away all Goats posted:

I was pretty surprised to see it was Patterson. He's usually pretty mellow on and off the court.

The only thing that really seems to excite 2Pat is Chipotle burritos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Matt Bonner puts ketchup on tacos :barf:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

"I had never heard of tacos until I got to San Antonio...I didn't know what I was missing," What a weirdo. I don't understand how anyone in America can become an adult without learning about tacos. Tacos rule.

"I put ketchup on my ketchup."
The only other time I've seen this statement/quote is on shirts for sale in New Orleans.

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point
how far does Booker get up

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
brolic, the booker boy's shooting stroke is pretty as hell. he owned a Celtic on social media. what's not to love

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Spacebump posted:

"I had never heard of tacos until I got to San Antonio...I didn't know what I was missing," What a weirdo. I don't understand how anyone in America can become an adult without learning about tacos. Tacos rule.

I was in the midwest last year and it is still basically the dark ages in a lot of the country, in terms of tacos. Taco John's is huge, they don't know any better

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The NBA has a clear bias against okc

Exhibit A the ball clearly had an agenda today

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/846118136331956225

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Who is going to be a moron and draft Sindarius Thornwell in the first round?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

does he have any connections to Iowa State?

danucleus
Nov 22, 2007
hmm
Has there ever been a team less clutch and has less killer instinct than this here the Clippers? Has there ever been a team that was more infuriating to be a fan of????

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

danucleus posted:

Has there ever been a team less clutch and has less killer instinct than this here the Clippers? Has there ever been a team that was more infuriating to be a fan of????

No. They are Aimless Wet Fart: The Team.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Los Angeles Clippers lost to an actively-tanking Sacramento Kings team.

edit:
https://twitter.com/vincentkjohnson/status/846124179095109632

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Mar 26, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

The Los Angeles Clippers lost to an actively-tanking Sacramento Kings team.

If the Clippers explode in the playoffs, where does Blake go? Does CP3 also leave? (I would lean towards no, everything I've read on that is CP3 loves LA/doesn't have interest in leaving.)

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

sum posted:

Sure, but the odds of the Cavs winning 3 out of 4 is about 2000 billion billion times more likely than someone winning the Powerball 3 times in a row. You're comparing "practically impossible" to something that's simply improbable.

Yea, I was just using an extreme example but what happened to CLE is pretty rare. I doubt anyone here would make a significant bet on another franchise pulling off a 3 out of 4 lottery win scenario in their lifetime in the current system.

sum posted:

At any rate, do you really think that all thirty owners agreed to give Cleveland a potentially franchise-altering compensation pick three different times?

No, a lot of this is just speculation. If it's a conspiracy I believe it's more likely be contained within a smaller group rather than full disclosure to all thirty franchise owners and especially not lots of people within each organization. Or people left in the dark on purpose and told "whatever happens in the draft has been determined to be the best to expand the NBA product forward."

Nothing would shock me though. Giant corporations pay billions of dollars due to their malfeasance. Giant companies have ceased to exist due to wanton corruption. The fact of Cuban endorsing Cyber Dust doesn't exactly engender confidence in transparency. Now he can do insider trading and send racist text messages without any worry!

Tae posted:

When's the last a teams 2nd best player was out for 3 months and still won a championship

2016 Irving missed a lot of time. Pippen missed nearly half of the 1998 season.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Draft rigging for Cleveland to make LeBron a folk hero doesn't make sense because the lottery for the Wiggins draft happened before LeBron decided to come back.

LBJ didn't publicly announce he was returning to CLE but he could've decided much earlier.

Also, it's possible that some drafts were legitimate and others were not.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 26, 2017

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

e: also

https://twitter.com/jjwatt/status/846092628160598017

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Tae posted:

Someone said Booker's 70 points weren't impressive, and I just looked at it today. What wasn't impressive about it? Lots of hard drives with some nice body control, quick release shots. It wasn't like Klay's occasional murder games where it's mostly quick shots behind a screen.

There was that one nice fade away mid ranger from near the corner as he got fouled.

The reaction to Booker scoring seventy is peculiar. Perhaps he scores ninety points in the coming weeks and we can hear people saying "I just didn't like it."

Lockback posted:

Donaghy was convicted of Fraud for his behavior in a game, so I don't know why you think fraud laws don't apply.

The scales of justice lean more heavily the poorer you get. Donaghy's another working stiff. He's not close friends with literal multi-billionaires in suits. Those guys eat caviar and crab legs, sign checks with $10,000 pens and wear watches that cost seven figures. Go into a courtroom with them and I guarantee you'll lose.

Currently the only time ultra rich people lose in court and go to prison is if they mess with a whole bunch of other ultra rich people. See: Bernie Madoff.

edit: This is also why poor people go to jail for stealing a candy bar but super wealthy people can steal millions and pay a fine.

sum posted:

...the idea that both Stern and Silver would both risk prison time to help out Dan Gilbert in the most obvious way possible is even more ridiculous.

Prison time?! You must be joking. They'd just pay a huge fine if it could be proven.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 27, 2017

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Spacebump posted:

If the Clippers explode in the playoffs, where does Blake go? Does CP3 also leave? (I would lean towards no, everything I've read on that is CP3 loves LA/doesn't have interest in leaving.)

You think Blake leaves instead of him and Paul demanding Doc's firing?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Zogo posted:

The scales of justice lean more heavily the poorer you get. Donaghy's another working stiff. He's not close friends with literal multi-billionaires in suits. Those guys eat caviar and crab legs, sign checks with $10,000 pens and wear watches that cost seven figures. Go into a courtroom with them and I guarantee you'll lose.

Currently the only time ultra rich people lose in court and go to prison is if they mess with a whole bunch of other ultra rich people. See: Bernie Madoff.

edit: This is also why poor people go to jail for stealing a candy bar but super wealthy people can steal millions and pay a fine.

Prison time?! You must be joking. They'd just pay a huge fine if it could be proven.

Wokego

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Paul Zuvella posted:

I hope its going to be the Raptors lol

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I should have known people would poo poo on Booker. Teams have been force feeding dudes going for 50+ forever, but this time it is somehow a bad thing. If it was that easy to score 70, more people would have done it by now. Also, as others have already said: he is 20 years old. The Suns have a 20 year old guy on a rookie contract who just scored 70 in a game. Good for them.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
What the gently caress is up Atlanta?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://streamable.com/b2ycs

Imagine if in a year the entire internet looks like a bunch of retards and Vivek looks like a very smart man

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it would be extremely funny to me if sacramento plays its way to the 11th pick

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

quote:

Teams leading by at least 18 points in the final 5 minutes are 359-1 this season. The Clippers' loss on Sunday is the only loss.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/LeadingNBA_/status/846050154771722240

Remember when I was saying I was legit worried for his health? Seems I was right to. I don't know what he picked up in Mexico but goodness gracious it hit him so drat hard.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I loving hate being a fan of Chris Paul and wanting him to succeed. :(

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Jeez he looks like he aged 10 years

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Imagine if in a year the entire internet looks like a bunch of retards and Vivek looks like a very smart man

Check out Buddy

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

FT streak record holder dead:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/podiatrist-set-free-throws-world-record-dies-94-231558197.html

EvanTH posted:

lol imagine if you went to jail for cheating at sports

If it really was the norm it'd probably start a new civil war in the US. Tom Brady, Sammy Sosa, Barry Bonds and all these other popular athletes wasting away in prison cells while amateurs replaced them.

This draft conspiracy stuff has been interesting. Everyone here's been regaled with years of stories concerning owners doing shady, unethical things and sordid biographies explaining how they got their money through predatory lending and a host of other questionable activities, screwed over people etc. Some of these owners would sell their souls to the devil if he made them an offer.

Then you have the financial institutions which everyone seems to agree are corrupt and willing to break all kinds of laws given the chance. No question there due to the ample evidence.

But when the owners and financial institutions are combined in the context of the NBA draft it seems there's an undue trust as if the sanctity of the NBA draft was something they wouldn't dare tarnish.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kibner posted:

Remember when I was saying I was legit worried for his health? Seems I was right to. I don't know what he picked up in Mexico but goodness gracious it hit him so drat hard.

That's really bad I hope he's over it

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I loving hate being a fan of Chris Paul and wanting him to succeed. :(

CP3 owns. I wish I still watched him as much as I used to. Hopefully he goes into basketball warlock mode for the entire playoffs.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Kibner posted:

This is from Jan 22nd http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/teams/pelicans/2016/01/22/246477/1453500531083-Asik_012216-246477-1.576x324.jpg

And this is from training camp

http://nba.cdn.turner.com/nba/big/teams/pelicans/2016/10/15/858325/1476558373403-Asik_101516-858318_nba_android_med-858325-1.576x324.jpg

He looks like he's down by at least 30 pounds and extremely dehydrated, he's probably had an endless amount of diarrhea, I hope they put him on that 1970s sheep antibiotic before he drops dead. drat. Water sanitation is very important

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

CP3 owns. I wish I still watched him as much as I used to. Hopefully he goes into basketball warlock mode for the entire playoffs.

I mean I love Chris but firmly believe he'll never win a title and it breaks my heart. :(

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

it would be extremely funny to me if sacramento plays its way to the 11th pick

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Clippers are more low energy than Jeb Bush

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I mean I love Chris but firmly believe he'll never win a title and it breaks my heart. :(

As recent as 2008 I remember people saying Dirk would never win a title and the Mavs should trade him to another team to be a solid number 2. In 2011 the team's #2 went down and somehow they won the title. Don't give up until the team has been blown up. Maybe they will start to peak right as the playoffs come around.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

that inbounds was so bad

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Jack's Flow posted:

I should have known people would poo poo on Booker. Teams have been force feeding dudes going for 50+ forever, but this time it is somehow a bad thing. If it was that easy to score 70, more people would have done it by now. Also, as others have already said: he is 20 years old. The Suns have a 20 year old guy on a rookie contract who just scored 70 in a game. Good for them.

Hah c'mon we were all on the Booker Hype Train as soon as it left the station last year!

But watch that video of him scoring 70. The defense is atrocious garbage time nonsense and he still gets completed stuffed at the rim, absolutely swallowed up by World Class Defender Tyler Zeller then bailed out with a whistle on one of the final sequences. He caught fire in the first half then the team force-fed it to him to break a record even after he started making sub-par plays because the game had no stakes otherwise.

It's like, very cool in theory but kinda felt flawed in practice. The next time he scores 70 it's gonna rule tho'. The kid's real good.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He's an all-time player, poo poo just hasn't lined up right. He's still got a shot I bet. Especially if he starts taking paycuts to ring chase in the next few seasons.

Zogo posted:

If it really was the norm it'd probably start a new civil war in the US. Tom Brady, Sammy Sosa, Barry Bonds and all these other popular athletes wasting away in prison cells while amateurs replaced them.

This draft conspiracy stuff has been interesting. Everyone here's been regaled with years of stories concerning owners doing shady, unethical things and sordid biographies explaining how they got their money through predatory lending and a host of other questionable activities, screwed over people etc. Some of these owners would sell their souls to the devil if he made them an offer.

Then you have the financial institutions which everyone seems to agree are corrupt and willing to break all kinds of laws given the chance. No question there due to the ample evidence.

But when the owners and financial institutions are combined in the context of the NBA draft it seems there's an undue trust as if the sanctity of the NBA draft was something they wouldn't dare tarnish.

Everything's so confusing and up in the air, I just want to return to a simpler time when everyone's pretty sure things are being rigged in favor of the Knicks :[

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
No one outside the top 4 teams in the East want to make the playoffs.

• Locked thread