Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Aren't we a considerable period into this new update now? How are there still mods not adapted to it?
Both Aslain's mod installer, as well as the OMC one still have a shitton of stuff greyed out, and not even different XVM displays are an option.

All I want is a non-poo poo XVM setup and my drat reload timers on enemy tanks. :mad:

The gui was upgraded from actionscript 2 to actionscript 3. Many of the names and functions changed, which means that any mod that used an actionscript component (.swf) had to be rewritten in actionscript 3 while crosschecking whether names changed, whether the old functions you were using still exist, etc. Add to that the modmakers are doing this for 'fun' in their spare time and you have a long wait for some of the mods. Feel free to take a stab at rewriting any mod you're waiting on, because a lot of them have been abandoned by the original authors. I know someone it taking a stab at rewriting Melty's Mathmod sight on Aslain's forum, so maybe we'll see updates for abandoned mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Agrajag posted:

Also, is it really worth my time to continue grinding up the Jpz E100 line?

I think the Jagdtiger is awesome. You can play it like a TD or a heavy. I've only had it a few months, but it's one of my favorite tanks. So I'd recommend you get that. I'm not getting the Jg Pz E100 though. I still haven't played the last tier 10 I bought more than 3 or 4 times.

CompeAnansi posted:

The gui was upgraded from actionscript 2 to actionscript 3. Many of the names and functions changed, which means that any mod that used an actionscript component (.swf) had to be rewritten in actionscript 3 while crosschecking whether names changed, whether the old functions you were using still exist, etc. Add to that the modmakers are doing this for 'fun' in their spare time and you have a long wait for some of the mods. Feel free to take a stab at rewriting any mod you're waiting on, because a lot of them have been abandoned by the original authors. I know someone it taking a stab at rewriting Melty's Mathmod sight on Aslain's forum, so maybe we'll see updates for abandoned mods.

more like inaction script. :downsrim:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I don't understand the use for premium tanks for training troops. I have a T14 American Heavy. I trained the crew up to nearly 100, then transferred them to a regular American Heavy, but had to retrain them down to 75% anyway?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Avocados posted:

I don't understand the use for premium tanks for training troops. I have a T14 American Heavy. I trained the crew up to nearly 100, then transferred them to a regular American Heavy, but had to retrain them down to 75% anyway?

The crew still has to be retrained for a new tank.
If you put a crew from a tank into a premium tank, that works. Not the other way around.

A premium tank is not a magic retraining machine, sadly.

Soviet Space Dog
May 7, 2009
Unicum Space Dog
May 6, 2009

NOBODY WILL REALIZE MY POSTS ARE SHIT NOW THAT MY NAME IS PURPLE :smug:

Avocados posted:

You did it backwards. Premiums treat crews of the right vehicle type the same as crew of the vehicle so you make them a T29 etc. crew first and then you can use them in both the T14 and the T29.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Yeah, the trick is putting your T32 (or whatever US Heavy) crew into the T14 without having to train them. They gain XP fine and function without penalties.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agrajag posted:

Question: How the gently caress does a Jpz E100 do only 462 damage while I deal 3,652 damage in my JP2? Also, is it really worth my time to continue grinding up the Jpz E100 line?

i'm more amazed at the reinmetal and the obj 268 who failed at producing a single worthwhile shot

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

CompeAnansi posted:

Well, that makes a perfect amount of sense.

As a card-carrying German, however, I shall not retract my complaint, and instead mumble to myself inaudibly.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Well, that makes a perfect amount of sense.

As a card-carrying German, however, I shall not retract my complaint, and instead mumble to myself inaudibly.

whatever nazi

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
The August events made me finally get motivated to use my only tier 9 tanks and actually finish a grind. I'm focusing on using the M103, which I have the tracks, top turret, and first 120mm unlocked. Still need the engine and the T110E5 gun but...I like it. You have to always have your turret and hull facing the enemy so it isn't as idiot-proof as the T32 was (which is now my favorite T8 heavy without question) but even the first 120mm is punchy enough to do what I want, rarely needing any heat except for truly desperate situations or bullshit armor. My only gripes are module damage/arty vulnerability, and maybe the gun handling. Otherwise it feels comfy for my playstyle.

Am I crazy, or is the M103 legitimately a good tier 9 heavy?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
The M103 has a good gun on a mediocre platform, making it an average/above-average tank. I don't think it is great, but the gun is good enough to allow you to carry games in some situations.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Just had a game with 4 arty on each side. I think I quit.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Szcwczuk posted:

Just had a game with 4 arty on each side. I think I quit.

I had a T6 match in my T4 Marder. 5 arty on each side. I was one of 3 T4 tanks in the mostly T6 match. Fun.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Of course I had the T55 cap mission active rather than the block 3 times your HP one :sigh:

localloop
Jan 2, 2007
Really enjoying the T-10, pretty much hits all my sweet spots - mobile, moderately bouncy, workable alpha, good gun handling, and I am running a feel-good ratio of "just shoot and it will pen" 75% of the time, and "need to aim" 25% of the time, which is pretty much the opposite of the T32. Any other tanks similar to this I should be aiming to unlock?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
So are there goon clans going for the Clan Wars reward tanks this time around?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Agrajag posted:

So are there goon clans going for the Clan Wars reward tanks this time around?

I don't think there are 10 goons still playing.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Blindeye posted:

The August events made me finally get motivated to use my only tier 9 tanks and actually finish a grind. I'm focusing on using the M103, which I have the tracks, top turret, and first 120mm unlocked. Still need the engine and the T110E5 gun but...I like it. You have to always have your turret and hull facing the enemy so it isn't as idiot-proof as the T32 was (which is now my favorite T8 heavy without question) but even the first 120mm is punchy enough to do what I want, rarely needing any heat except for truly desperate situations or bullshit armor. My only gripes are module damage/arty vulnerability, and maybe the gun handling. Otherwise it feels comfy for my playstyle.

Am I crazy, or is the M103 legitimately a good tier 9 heavy?

Having played the M103, I can confirm that it is a solid, although not overwhelmingly great vehicle. Like a lot of American vehicles, it doesn't have any one particular thing it super stands out in aside from good gun depression, but you'll find it doesn't lack any particular thing either aside of just-barely-sufficent side armor, which you should be used to by now.

In any case, it is an excellent transition into the E5, because you should play the 103 and the E5 identically 99% of the time.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

Well poo poo

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Hellsau posted:

I know of at least 6 that are fairly active, and tons that have the tanks and crews but need...incentive.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I would do lovely CW because I want a chieftan so if something happens let me know.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I have a single premium T10, and I'm not very good at it, so there we are.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I have a single premium T10, and I'm not very good at it, so there we are.

This Clan Wars event is tier 8.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Good thing I'm 5k xp from the Object 416....

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Blindeye posted:

Good thing I'm 5k xp from the Object 416....

Good thing they probably won't bring anything other than IS3s and T-54 Ltwts.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

CompeAnansi posted:

Good thing they probably won't bring anything other than IS3s and T-54 Ltwts.

Good thing I'm 10k xp from the T-54 lightweight lol.

I can also retrain a crew to equip an IS-3 as well.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't remember the conditions for the clan month thing but I have plenty of tier 8s and up to grind. What do you need me to do?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

People no longer use 50 100's for tier 8 poo poo?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

People no longer use 50 100's for tier 8 poo poo?

not good in #snapshotmeta

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Well then, I just happen to have an Object 416 with a three skill crew sitting here. :smug:

(I'll bring my O-Ho)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I think XVM displays 4k games, 1760 WN8, and 56% winrate for me now...yet I'm somehow still a reroll...:shrug:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I think XVM displays 4k games, 1760 WN8, and 56% winrate for me now...yet I'm somehow still a reroll...:shrug:

you're literally a reroll though, stuck on the most pathetic server

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Judging by T8 companies, it's IS-3s all the way. Which really sucks, because you used to be able to pound on IS-3s pretty hard with a T32, also known as my favorite tank ever with a crew that's working on their third skill.

On the other hand, it's probably good that I'm not tempted to get sucked into competitive WoT again.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Judging by T8 companies, it's IS-3s all the way. Which really sucks, because you used to be able to pound on IS-3s pretty hard with a T32, also known as my favorite tank ever with a crew that's working on their third skill.

On the other hand, it's probably good that I'm not tempted to get sucked into competitive WoT again.

I have a great idea. Let's take what's already the best t8 heavy that's only somewhat held back by its poor armour, then buff its armour so it's best in tier without any nerfs to compensate. Genius.

Then let's do it to the IS-6 too.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Desuwa posted:

I have a great idea. Let's take what's already the best t8 heavy that's only somewhat held back by its poor armour, then buff its armour so it's best in tier without any nerfs to compensate. Genius.

Then let's do it to the IS-6 too.

Turns out that balancing based on the performance of the horrendous playerbase is a bad idea!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Michaellaneous posted:

The crew still has to be retrained for a new tank.
If you put a crew from a tank into a premium tank, that works. Not the other way around.

A premium tank is not a magic retraining machine, sadly.

Soviet Space Dog posted:

You did it backwards. Premiums treat crews of the right vehicle type the same as crew of the vehicle so you make them a T29 etc. crew first and then you can use them in both the T14 and the T29.

then whats the point :negative:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Avocados posted:

Because if you keep your IS-3, instead of playing your T-10 with a new, skillless crew you can make a crew for the T-10, pop them in the Churchill 3, and play a lower, more forgiving tier with a tank that has preferential matchmaking to make up for the fact that you have no sixth sense or repair or safe stowage, grind those skills up, and then play the T-10 once you aren't going to get murdered because you don't know if you're spotted or not.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
It wouldn't shock me if WG didn't put tank locking in just to make sure it's not ~all IS-3, all the time~.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Avocados posted:

You get new tank, retrain crew for new tank, then stick that crew into a premium tank of same type and nation. Any XP you earn in the premium tank is applied to the retraining of the crew, and premiums train crews faster and give you the option to use the tank XP earned towards training the crew even faster.

edit: BEATEN

The Marder 38T (or whatever the last letter is) is pretty amusing. I've had some interesting games in it, even if I tend to see T6 way too much for no reason. I really like TDs in general, it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It wouldn't shock me if WG didn't put tank locking in just to make sure it's not ~all IS-3, all the time~.

Clan Wars events have never had tank locking, because it makes things horrifically unfun for everyone involved.