Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Kith posted:

Here's a thread from that guy.

Blizzard material he ain't.

lol @ people in there unironically calling people "NPC"

I love that stupid neo-nazi poo poo just for how bad people self-own with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

We're they ever? I know there was a goodbye post on the Blizz forums a week or so ago supposedly from a higher up for HotS, but it was an account with no other posts and was taken down in short order.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/heroes/t/a-message-from-alan-dabiri/1761

^that post?

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
There definitely is some saltiness coming through here because of a lot of losses lately, but I really have to question the having a 10 minute TL queue to get beat by 20+ opponent favored score, and to also have your own personal rank adjustment hit. I get that I wasn't supposed to win this game, so why would my personal rank also come into play here? Hey, here's a game you should not win, and also you should be lower rank. Also, 10 minute queues into 4 stack HL GMs suck. Why bother?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Ana and Zarya are the only good OW characters so far in this game and coincidentally they are the only two without a single mobility skill

I like Junkrat too. His mobility is there, but it's finicky and skill-based enough that if a good Junkrat launches himself out of my kill I feel like I got outplayed, not out-kitted.

Honestly at this point I've mostly made my peace with the Overwatch heroes, with the exception of Genji. He just continues to feel ridiculous and dumb.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Watch as the Overwatch panel reveals that new Nemesis hero, and the HotS panel immediately announces that he's in this game too

The rage of entitled Overwatch fans screaming about their favorite character getting leapfrogged would power a city

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I've been playing Ragnaros today and I gotta say, he's a lot of fun. Nothing like dropping the empowered Sulfuras or going raid boss on the enemy and killing them from their own fort. And Lava Wave is amazing for the soak and depush it provides.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sulfuras Smash is so much better than Lava Wave.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

:rolleyes:

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Dire Human posted:

Watch as the Overwatch panel reveals that new Nemesis hero, and the HotS panel immediately announces that he's in this game too

The rage of entitled Overwatch fans screaming about their favorite character getting leapfrogged would power a city

I feel like it'd be HotS fans losing their poo poo over yet another Overwatch assassin with mobility.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Delete overwatch

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
add as much overwatch as you want just please fill out that 'Blizzard Classic' category with SOMETHING already

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
That's where the HoTS original characters are going to go!

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Dabiri is gone, the fake post was someone claiming to be the new director. The position is empty as far as I know, but Dabiri said he’s transitioning off so theoretically he’s there while they pick someone new.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

ChickenHeart posted:

add as much overwatch as you want just please fill out that 'Blizzard Classic' category with SOMETHING already

As thought up before: Rock n' Roll Racer with Blackthorne riding shotgun.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

lucifirius posted:

Delete overwatch

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

ChickenHeart posted:

Not on-topic but I just played through The Mummy Demastered and it really made me wistful for that Aliens game from your avatar. That game was dope

on topic, I would like a small boxy car that functions like a chen ult 100% of the time

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

beejay posted:

Dabiri is gone, the fake post was someone claiming to be the new director. The position is empty as far as I know, but Dabiri said he’s transitioning off so theoretically he’s there while they pick someone new.

Ah, that's my confusion, thanks.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

SirSamVimes posted:

Sulfuras Smash is so much better than Lava Wave.

excuse you being a Lava Janitor™ is amazing

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
There was a shirt on the blizzard gear store briefly with 6 role icons that fit the tank, bruiser, healer, support, ranged, and melee roles they were talking about in AMAs, so expect that (and probably the QM changes that depended on it) at blizzcon.

edit: Oh there was a dev post yesterday linking the old AMA post about requiring a tank and healer on QM teams, so that's pretty much confirmed too.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 30, 2018

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Where the rainbow goat-horse at blizzard.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Yardbomb posted:

Where the rainbow goat-horse at blizzard.

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroesES/status/1057331374049423365

Apparently there was an English tweet about it earlier that got deleted, because the shop has not updated yet. Some people saying it will be 10k gold.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 30, 2018

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

Some people saying it will be 10k gold.

U u u g g g h h h h h h h h h, goddammit if true.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 30, 2018

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Pricing a skin or mount the same as a legendary hero is obnoxious.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Mierenneuker posted:

Apparently there was an English tweet about it earlier that got deleted, because the shop has not updated yet. Some people saying it will be 10k gold.

yeah i saw the same tweet earlier. it said "1 respect = 10k gold"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Charles Bukowski posted:

Pricing a skin or mount the same as a legendary hero is obnoxious.

Yeah that's exactly why I've been hoping it's the new "Buy some funbux" mount, I can just plap down $5, get that and get a character or two when they go on gem sales or I can blow my gold that could've been used on a character and wind all that progress back.

floofyscorp posted:

Wonder William is 12k gold, on EU at least. I gotta get saving...

Yep, on NA too now :ughh:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 30, 2018

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The Piggie Bank mount back in the day got me in the habit of saving up around 20k gold so I can afford it, but that poo poo is ridiculous for a mount with just one tint. I don't care how fancy it is.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

floofyscorp posted:

Overwatch has taught me the value of embracing sour grapes for cosmetic things I can’t afford, so WHO WOULD EVEN WANT THAT GARISH UGLY MOUNT ANYWAY AMIRITE

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I dont know what it is. Not as cool as a diamond butt stallion.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Dire Human posted:

Overwatch has taught me the value of embracing sour grapes for cosmetic things I can’t afford, so WHO WOULD EVEN WANT THAT GARISH UGLY MOUNT ANYWAY AMIRITE

It's considered a beast so it can't even be carried by Cho'gall. Totally useless!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Patch notes are out!

LUCIO BUFFS :dare:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am pretty new to Heroes of the Storm and am confused by the pricing of unlocking new heroes. They seem prohibitively expensive, both in gold, and real dollar value. I was wondering if I am just missing something? What should my expectation be for unlocking new heroes? I have just been focusing on doing the dailies, playing co-op against AI, and leveling up the heroes that I have for loot boxes.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
You havent missed anything. Even half off all the legendaries would cost $100. If you're interested in playing anyways save your gems for half-off heroes and use your coins for rare/epic heroes. You can get up to 35 heroes or so relatively quickly but beyond that it gets slow.

Why is it like this? who knows. This game lacks "direction" so who knows if it's even anyone's job to think about it.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Blizzard has yet to tackle the problem of so many heroes being rated as "legendary" and therefore insanely expensive for new players to acquire. There have been rumblings of one of the Blizzcon announcements addressing the issue, but for the time being I'm afraid you're going to have to languish in the MMR Mines with a low-population roster.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I said come in! posted:

They seem prohibitively expensive, both in gold, and real dollar value. I was wondering if I am just missing something?

They sure are and nope, Blizzard have just kind of resolved to leave something like half the roster at the top price point (10k) because screw you that's why. You're on the right track though, dailies and leveling characters is pretty much the main way to work up gold, one of the most helpful being that every time you get a character to level 5 and level 10, you get 500, so even characters you really don't gel with are worth getting at least to 5 for that chunk of change and the easy chests.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

quote:

Maximum number of active Nydus Worms reduced from 10 to 4

Shucks.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Toady posted:

Shucks.

They seem to be targeting some globals this patch. Longer cooldowns for Falstad and Dehaka's Z ability too.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

That Uther change.. just why? In what world is the reason why Uther is not getting picked related to anything other than his mana issues?

Have they even played Uther in the past year?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
maybe they're trying to keep one of the healers feeling different in what he does and is good at than the others.

It's unusual as hots healer design goes I admit. It's actually a really big buff... feels like the first time in years that they actually increased stun duration on anything.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
They just want more tank uther play.