Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hogan's story that he was going to eat a bullet... but then Laila Ali called to check on him and saved his life, brother. An incident she didn't seem too confident happened when asked about it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Did he host American Gladiators with her before or after that?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

In case anybody wants to read up on whoa oh oh oh oh oh, it's PastaMania. https://www.thesportster.com/wwe-complete-failure-hulk-hogan-pastamania-restaurant-explained/

I love Tony's review. "It was okay."

I'd forgotten about the Nitro Grill.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
What was the show that was a ripoff of American Gladiators but it had pro wrestling-type characters and storyline? I remember characters like The Commander, C-Money, and some hillbilly kid who showed up on Nitro at least once and then disappeared.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Battle Dome.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Ah, thank you. I found the Wrestlecrap article and holy poo poo, that was Terry Crews?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Red posted:

Ah, thank you. I found the Wrestlecrap article and holy poo poo, that was Terry Crews?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TAKE AWAY HIS SIDE BREAD, DUDE

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I see this show didn't get the memo about using tiny refs

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I still wonder if Hogan knows that he's full of poo poo or if he lies so much he actually believes it.
I also wonder if you could see the gears grinding in his head if he was ever sat down in front of one of lies that was caught in 4k (like the Undertaker Chair incident).

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
"I had good reasons for telling those lies at the time."

Editor's note: Those reasons are also lies.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
"Just like I told Scott Hall - I always tell the truth brother, even when I lie. DePalma originally wanted me for that part you know, but it was filming at the same time as Rocky III"

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I actually think it's more the inverse of the Garak statement.

"They're all lies."

"Even the ones that are true?"

"Especially the ones that are true."

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

edogawa rando posted:

His stories are always "I almost did this thing that someone else did, brotherjack" and how he juuuuuuust missed it by this much.

Or fighting in Pride in Japan in the 1970s or some poo poo.

Also remember that pathetic Hulk Hogan grill poo poo he put out when the George Foreman Grill was blowing up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7pls4Jrl_g

Stick to the meat shoes, Hulk.

My favorite thing of this is that it's his product and the infomercial host is basically telling him and even proving to him that the product actually works.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

iamsosmrt posted:

My favorite thing of this is that it's his product and the infomercial host is basically telling him and even proving to him that the product actually works.

"In a fugue state brought on by too much Hulkamania I invented this grill, brother! Someone tell me how it works!"

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Angry_Ed posted:

TAKE AWAY HIS SIDE BREAD, DUDE

WHY DON'T YOU CHICKEN MARINARA YOUR rear end ON OUT OF HERE, BROTHER?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

BrigadierSensible posted:

I actually think it's more the inverse of the Garak statement.

"They're all lies."

"Even the ones that are true?"

"Especially the ones that are true."

"Hogan..... is here?" :ohdear:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Just remembered how about every time someone who has a history of calling him a fuckhead and generally hates his loving guts dies, you can always rely on Hulk to come flying in to talk about how they reconciled usually days before they passed on.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
A lot of people make peace with God before they die, brother!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

edogawa rando posted:

Just remembered how about every time someone who has a history of calling him a fuckhead and generally hates his loving guts dies, you can always rely on Hulk to come flying in to talk about how they reconciled usually days before they passed on.

"His last words were 'you were right about everything... dig it.'" - Hogan, probably.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

iamsosmrt posted:

did they once season any food in that commercial?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

D.N. Nation posted:

Uh, yeah, all the sweat and oil dripping off Hogan, brother.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

Look at this Big Seasoning shill.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

edogawa rando posted:

He was telling the truth about Savage.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
There was footage of Warrior and Hogan making peace a day or two before Warrior’s death as well. Warrior laid out all of his grievances and Hogan stood there agreeing with a lot of it and they eventually hugged it out; I wish I could find that video but hopefully someone else had to have seen it too.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I hope Hogan and Andre were able to settle their grievances and reconcile in the days after Hogan body slammed him.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I hope Hogan and Andre were able to settle their grievances and reconcile in the days after Hogan body slammed him.

What's the big fib Hogan tells about that match that's not related to the attendance?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Dawgstar posted:

What's the big fib Hogan tells about that match that's not related to the attendance?

That Andre the Giant died like a couple days after Hogan body slammed him, implying that he slammed Andre so hard that it killed him.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Defiance Industries posted:

That Andre the Giant died like a couple days after Hogan body slammed him, implying that he slammed Andre so hard that it killed him.

And that he was worried Andre wouldn't do business and might shoot on him which is funny because by that point Hogan could have easily taken Andre in a fight.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
I heard that on the afternoon that Warrior died, Warrior had a lengthy phone call with Chicago radio personality Mancow.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

beepo posted:

I heard that on the afternoon that Warrior died, Warrior had a lengthy phone call with Chicago radio personality Mancow.

I need this Mancow lie to happen more than any other.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Haunting doesn't make the world work!

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

MassRafTer posted:

I need this Mancow lie to happen more than any other.

If Mancow takes live calls these days, there is a better than zero probability he could be led into that direction with a well crafted call.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Is this some sort of special bonus thing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQhaVVSFjBA

I don't recognize the interviewer(although that doesn't mean much) and they say "exclusively on DirectTV."

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/WrestleClips/status/1631446468660690946?t=_N1EqT3jPkPeGPAHtKARbA&s=19

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

beepo posted:

If Mancow takes live calls these days, there is a better than zero probability he could be led into that direction with a well crafted call.

Mancow can't even stream video at 10 FPS, he'll never take another call unless someone gives him another radio show.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dawgstar posted:

That the big stinkin giant weighed 1400 pounds and Hulk pressed him over his head?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"She's a stunt granny." :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Hulk used all his acting chops to not crack up at granny's attack.