Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

lol if your dad was too shameful to own you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
my dad told me my grandpa can whistle while he brushes his teeth and I thought he was just really talented until probably junior high I realized no its cause he wears dentures

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a0/A_Walk_down_Main_Street%2C_Delta_PA.webm

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

now do one for that town where the whole thing is on fire underground

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

i watched the whole thing wondering when it'd get to the interesting part before i noticed what thread this was

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

it might be interesting if you were a historian of architecture or something. but... why did someone make this for wikipedia. and why didn't they just take some nice photos, instead of making a video slideshow with a public domain music soundtrack. why

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

When I was a little kid I asked my dad where disco music came from. He said "grease", confusing two John Travolta movies, and I misunderstood it as "Greece". I thought about it for a bit: swarthy men, gold chains, seems to check out. So until I was in college I continued to believe that disco music was a popular Greek music style, maybe based on old Greek rhythms and musical sequences

it's short for Musika Diskopolous

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Notable people with sanpaku[edit]
John F. Kennedy[5]
Abraham Lincoln
Adolf Hitler
Sal Mineo[6]
Marilyn Monroe[5]
Robert Pattinson[5]
Sylvester Stallone[6]
Natalie Wood[6]
Emily Blunt
James Spader
Bill Cosby
Osama bin Laden
Yitzhak Rabin
Jill Dando
Tracee Ellis Ross
Sarah Hyland
Adi Da
Salvador Dalí

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

an incredible new method to detect criminals and diagnose medical disorders, sadly shattered by the fact that people can open and close their eyes

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
She is notable as one of the few HIV-positive characters in comic books.[1]

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
HuniePop is an adult hybrid tile matching puzzle game and dating sim that was developed and published by HuniePot.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
oh sweet the forums not only embed webms they autoplay them
gg lowtax

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

A Pinball Wizard posted:

gg lowtax

sorry

i also noticed that trying to link the wikimedia summary page (which also has a .webm extension) created a blank, unplayable html5 video frame. i guess i should go tell qcs but :effort:

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

A Pinball Wizard posted:

gg lowtax

doesn't autoplay for me, so sounds like a problem with your browser

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Plorkyeran posted:

doesn't autoplay for me, so sounds like a problem with your browser
they are implemented to autoplay, sa needful counteracts that if you have it

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lopad...traganopterygon

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

In English prose translation by Leo Strauss (1966), this Greek word is rendered as "oysters-saltfish-skate-sharks'-heads-left-over-vinegar-dressing-laserpitium-leek-with-honey-sauce-thrush-blackbird-pigeon-dove-roast-cock's-brains-wagtail-cushat-hare-stewed-in-new-wine-gristle-of-veal-pullet's-wings".[5]

i'm the laser pitium

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

tortured language is fun

official stuff from denmark in the 1800s is usually one long sentence for the entire letter.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

prefect posted:

i'm the laser pitium

Silphium (also known as silphion, laserwort, or laser) was a plant that was used in classical antiquity as a seasoning and as a medicine

(apparently it was a perfect contraceptive that grew wild and got overharvested into extinction; gj humanity)

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpenter%27s_shed_on_Gardiners_Island

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lol this brought me to:

Gardiner, who claimed the title "16th Lord of the Manor of Gardiner's Island" and lived in East Hampton, married in 1961 but had no children, leaving him with no direct heir. In 1989, Mr. Gardiner attempted unsuccessfully to adopt a middle-aged Mississippi businessman, George Gardiner Green, Jr., as his "son."[5] Green was a descendent of Lion Gardiner.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Before the verdict, President Bill Clinton was briefed on security measures if rioting occurred nationwide due to the verdict. An estimated 100 million people worldwide stopped what they were doing to watch or listen to the verdict announcement. Long-distance telephone call volume declined by 58% and trading volume on the New York Stock Exchange by 41%, water usage decreased as people avoided using bathrooms, and government officials postponed meetings. So much work stopped that the verdict cost an estimated $480 million in lost productivity.[55]

The United States Supreme Court received a message on the verdict during oral arguments, with the justices quietly passing the note to each other while listening to the attorney's presentation. Congressmen cancelled press conferences, with one telling reporters "Not only would you not be here, but I wouldn't be here, either".[56]

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_selfie-related_injuries_and_deaths

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

not sure that's worthless

A 21-year-old Spanish man died from electrocution after climbing on top of a train to take a selfie with friends and touching a wire that (contrary to the assumptions of the group) turned out to be live. One of the friends was taken to hospital and as of 18 March remained "in serious condition."[4]

A 16-year old boy was killed by a passenger train while taking a selfie with the approaching train in Chennai, India. "The teen reportedly walked in front of the train and waited for it to come closer before taking the photo." [48]

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Two young men died in the Ural mountains as they pulled the pin from a hand grenade to take a selfie, which remained as evidence of the circumstances of their deaths.[25]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
why do so many people think it's a good idea to put a loaded gun to their head for any reason other than wanting to kill themselves

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Puerto Rican musician Jadiel El Tsunami died in an accident shortly after taking a selfie on his motorbike.[8] He had previously released a track entitled, "Me Descontrolo" ("I lose control").[9][10]

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

haveblue posted:

why do so many people think it's a good idea to put a loaded gun to their head for any reason other than wanting to kill themselves
because theyre hardcore

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Common tap steps include the shuffle, shuffle ball change, double shuffle, leap shuffle, hop shuffle, flap, flap ball change, running flaps, flap heel, cramproll, buffalo, Maxi Ford, Maxi Ford with a pullback, pullbacks, wings, Cincinnati, the shim sham shimmy (also called the Lindy), Irish, Waltz Clog, the paddle roll, the paradiddle, stomp, brushes, scuffs, spanks, riffs, and single and double toe punches, hot steps, heel clicks, time steps, over-the-tops, military time step, New Yorkers, Shiggy Bops, drawbacks, and chugs.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Puerto Rican musician Jadiel El Tsunami died in an accident shortly after taking a selfie on his motorbike.[8] He had previously released a track entitled, "Me Descontrolo" ("I lose control").[9][10]

lmao

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

haveblue posted:

toxic cultural glamorization of unnecessary risk

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

duTrieux. posted:

toxic cultural glamorization of unnecessary risk

but enough about wall street har har har

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

haveblue posted:

natural selection doesn't happen overnight

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/kalebhorton/status/695042831182749697

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The neighborhood has a scary story of a son's murder of his father 25 years before, so all the kids are frightened of Sam Hain: they ring his doorbell and run. All evening, the kids talk about the Sam Hain house: one by one, Jason's pals disappear; soon, it's just him and a silent Pumpkin Man walking up to Sam Hain's door. What will Jason do?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sham bam bamina! posted:

it's just him and a silent Pumpkin Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4IC7qaNr7I

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
KFC in India serves naan burgers, but their origins are unknown. Naan burgers, as served in the form closest to the traditional hamburger, may have originated in Britain where both American and Indian food are popular and available in most markets.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

and just who exactly invented the garbage plate anyway

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sagebrush posted:

and just who exactly invented the garbage plate anyway

ur mum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
Two teenagers, Jenny (played by Marja Allen) and Corey (played by Jimmy Todd), are playing a game on a classroom computer. Corey is exuberantly pushing keys to show the viewer that he is heavily immersed in the game action; Jenny is beating him. Frustrated, he asks for a rematch, but she has an upcoming class and must leave. He decides he will copy the game so that he can play it at home. Upon inserting his blank floppy disk into the Apple Macintosh LC a video pops up on the computer. This video is of a rapper named MC Double Def DP the "Disk Protector."