Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
I hope whatever new material they find has the same kind of durability for wear and tear.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/23/news/companies/lego-sustainable-material/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

The Volvo Ocean Race is in town and the (all female) SCA team has this giant beautiful thing on display

A right angle for the keel thing wasn't good enough for whoever built it.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Those sails are not official Lego pieces. :colbert:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Sefiros posted:

There's also this:

I love the Arctic sets so much. Even if you're not planning to do any mods, they're really fun and cute on their own :3:

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
For anyone who wasn't aware UK Lego stores are having a big 30% off sale. It's probably the best sale I've seen since I got back into Lego as it's more than half a dozen Ninjago sets for 10% off. A lot of the stuff online is soldout, but there was plenty in store (Manchester) today.

Some Chima stuff, the previous series (or two?) of Mixels, some Creator, some Technic (including a couple of big sets like the very tempting cargo plane), all Ultra Agents, all Lego Movie except the ship (and that includes Benny's Ship and the Police Dropship), Hobbit and a few others... oh and the Ideas Exo-Suit (which was a surprise). Didn't get anything because I'm waiting for the Ultra Agents boat at the moment.

Edit: Oh yeah, there's some Star Wars stuff in it as well.

Another edit: Going to be hard to resist heading back into town for the Ultra Agents 4X4 and Helicopter tomorrow.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 27, 2015

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh poo poo! They kept that quiet. Westfield here I come tomorrow!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone build a decent stand for tyderium? I want to get it one of these days, but it looks so much lamer in landing mode it's kind of off putting. It looks big enough that you couldn't really get away with a stack of bricks though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Picked up the last Benny's Spaceship they had in store, as well as the Miles Morales Spider-Man set. I might get a couple of the Exo-Suits if I go back at some point. That's a really good price on them.

When is the sale running till?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Had no clue, but apparently Seattle is getting it's third Lego store next month, guess I'll go snag another Lego store set.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Rage posted:

Had no clue, but apparently Seattle is getting it's third Lego store next month, guess I'll go snag another Lego store set.

Jesus, let other places have some! New Orleans would be good...

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

The_Doctor posted:

as well as the Miles Morales Spider-Man set

Those are still MIA in US stores as well as on the US version of the LEGO website. Every time I search for it I get the GB / Europe LEGO page. Does anyone know what the deal is? I'm dying for the Miles + Carnage figures.

We have Ant Man Final Battle but none of the new Spiderman stuff, not even in the local LEGO store.

Also, someone convince me to stop spending money on minifigs, I just realized they have a Darth Revan fig but it's upwards of $30.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Zodack posted:

Those are still MIA in US stores as well as on the US version of the LEGO website. Every time I search for it I get the GB / Europe LEGO page. Does anyone know what the deal is? I'm dying for the Miles + Carnage figures.

RACISM. Maybe, I don't know.

The Lego store here in London had the AntMan set too, so maybe we're just jumping ahead of you guys.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Still no new batman sets either. I need that Deathstroke, damnit.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

The_Doctor posted:

RACISM. Maybe, I don't know.

The Lego store here in London had the AntMan set too, so maybe we're just jumping ahead of you guys.

Racism is now outlawed in the US and gay marriage is legal, get with the times

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

The Rage posted:

Cool! Though, technically, Seattle has zero Lego stores. One's in Bellevue (trip across the lake), one's in Lynnwood (25 minutes north), and the new one is coming to Tukwila (~15 minutes south). The Tukwila store will cut a good 40 minutes off of a Lego store round-trip for me, although it also means no Pagliacci lunch.

Grand opening is the weekend of July 17th. Day 1, get a free child-size t-shirt if you spend $50. Day 2, get a Lego Store kit if you spend $99. Day 3, get an exclusive minifig set if you spend $50. Limited to the first 300 qualifying purchases each day. When I tried to go to the Lynnwood opening, there was a ~2 hour line still within like a half-hour of opening.
Also, you can help build a giant Hulk statue.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Made a Lego Solaire from Dark Souls! He is very fragile...

http://imgur.com/a/vlnxw

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Jesus, let other places have some! New Orleans would be good...

We're just that cool I guess

Pyroclastic posted:

Cool! Though, technically, Seattle has zero Lego stores. One's in Bellevue (trip across the lake), one's in Lynnwood (25 minutes north), and the new one is coming to Tukwila (~15 minutes south). The Tukwila store will cut a good 40 minutes off of a Lego store round-trip for me, although it also means no Pagliacci lunch.

Grand opening is the weekend of July 17th. Day 1, get a free child-size t-shirt if you spend $50. Day 2, get a Lego Store kit if you spend $99. Day 3, get an exclusive minifig set if you spend $50. Limited to the first 300 qualifying purchases each day. When I tried to go to the Lynnwood opening, there was a ~2 hour line still within like a half-hour of opening.
Also, you can help build a giant Hulk statue.

I was just generalizing on the location considering most consider the 'burbs to be Seattle, I live in Redmond so all three are super close for me

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jun 29, 2015

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Meanwhile Australia has no official Lego stores anywhere in the whole country and we're about 2-3 months behind everywhere else in the world on the release schedule and pay about 30%+ more for them so :bahgawd:

Even our online Lego store ships from the UK. I need those Carnage and Ant-Man sets but I'm trying to stay strong and not pay the $30 shipping...

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
Are you talking about the set with Carnage, Spider Man and a jump-jet thing? I bought it the other day from a Toyworld in Melbourne. Twenty bucks.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

AllisonByProxy posted:

Made a Lego Solaire from Dark Souls! He is very fragile...

http://imgur.com/a/vlnxw

Ha, he's pretty great.

Aaronicon posted:

Even our online Lego store ships from the UK.

To Australia? That's really weird. Like literally anywhere in the world would be better, surely? Closer at least.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't remember, were these sets previously revealed at all? Tested.com is friends with a dude who works at Lego as a designer, and he worked on the new Minecraft sets coming out in a few months. Included is The Nether, it seems, as a huge set. His personal creations are super sweet, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27xunbG3OWo&hd=1

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I'm watching that video, and at about 30 minutes, he talks about what designers do post-sketching. When they disassemble their models or sketches, they'll put the big, common pieces back into their bins (like 2x4s), but small items like technic pins and other stuff that would be a pain in the rear end to sort, they put them all in a big bin...which goes to recycling where the pieces are shredded and put back into the manufacturing process.

Even Lego hates sorting!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That seems super stupid to me but on the other hand I don't have a billion dollar company backing my creative exploits.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Pyroclastic posted:

I'm watching that video, and at about 30 minutes, he talks about what designers do post-sketching. When they disassemble their models or sketches, they'll put the big, common pieces back into their bins (like 2x4s), but small items like technic pins and other stuff that would be a pain in the rear end to sort, they put them all in a big bin...which goes to recycling where the pieces are shredded and put back into the manufacturing process.

Even Lego hates sorting!

You sort everything because each technic pin is a finite supply on your own Lego stash, and new ones being ~5-10 cents each.

Where they works is a near infinite supply, due to working for the supplier. So yeah, they don't give a gently caress. The time they spent sorting that poo poo they could have made 1000x more of them.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

help im building bennys spaceship im on bag 3 and its huge

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is Lego was gonna make the submarine from The Lego Movie?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

The_Doctor posted:

help im building bennys spaceship im on bag 3 and its huge

sounds like me last week building the UCS Slave I

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I built the Slave 1 out of a big bucket that I dumped on the floor :geno:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

obi_ant posted:

Is Lego was gonna make the submarine from The Lego Movie?

Wasn't the lesson that the sub was a terrible, faulty build?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Ville Valo posted:

Wasn't the lesson that the sub was a terrible, faulty build?

Be fun if they designed the set so that it was deliberately anti-swooshable and had collapsing and breakaway features.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I wanted to see what Lego Minecraft minifigures/mobs/tools/unique elements came in each set and tried googling for an image that showed the total number of those in all the current sets in one picture, but instead, I got this:

Also, the Lego Minecraft sets are currently pretty decently discounted on Amazon right now. Buying all six will save you $60 or so off the retail price! Basically, "buy the complete set of Minecraft Legos available, get The Ender Dragon free!" If only Lego offered deals even remotely like that still.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Captain Invictus posted:

I wanted to see what Lego Minecraft minifigures/mobs/tools/unique elements came in each set and tried googling for an image that showed the total number of those in all the current sets in one picture, but instead, I got this:

Also, the Lego Minecraft sets are currently pretty decently discounted on Amazon right now. Buying all six will save you $60 or so off the retail price! Basically, "buy the complete set of Minecraft Legos available, get The Ender Dragon free!" If only Lego offered deals even remotely like that still.

I saw a pile of minifigs at a carboot earlier, I didn't pick any up because of the S label on the base plates. Figured they were fake, looks like I was right.

FordGT40
Jul 4, 2012
http://comicbook.com/2015/06/30/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-lego-batmobile-set-revealed/

New bat mobile, looks very nice indeed, it'll go nicely with my tumbler. Is the window a new part?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FordGT40 posted:

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/30/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-lego-batmobile-set-revealed/

New bat mobile, looks very nice indeed, it'll go nicely with my tumbler. Is the window a new part?

Dat windshield

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I think that's a neat looking vehicle, but I still want a decently scaled Batman '66 Batmobile to go along with Ecto-1.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That's cool but that turret on the front looks terrible

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

kefkafloyd posted:

I think that's a neat looking vehicle, but I still want a decently scaled Batman '66 Batmobile to go along with Ecto-1.

I'm not big into Batman but I really want one based of burton or animated series one.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

FordGT40 posted:

I'm not liking the windshield at all. It could be worse, but it reminds me too much of SPUD pieces like the cockpits for the new planes and helicopters. But the gold colored glass is nice.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I don't like the new one and agree the stud shooter turret at the front is stupid.

Oxyclean posted:

I'm not big into Batman but I really want one based of burton or animated series one.

The UCS one and the more recent batman v two face set fit that bill pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Dogen posted:

I don't like the new one and agree the stud shooter turret at the front is stupid.

The UCS one and the more recent batman v two face set fit that bill pretty well.

The Tumbler doesn't come close at all to resembling the Batmobile from TAS or Tim Burton's stuff. I think as a collectible it has value but it just isn't a Batmobile.

I actually have the entire LEGO 7781 Two-Face escape set minus the roablock intact and just sitting around if you (Oxyclean) would be interested in that at all. The Batmobile there is a very Burton-style vehicle.

(Not my picture)

EDIT: I absolutely loathe stud shooters because LEGO feels the need to stick them on everything now. Hulkbuster? Let's put on on his arm. Batmobile? Sure, on the front. I would have burst a blood vessel if they had tacked some onto the UCS Slave I or something.

Zodack fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 1, 2015