Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Neo_Crimson posted:

I refuse to believe this.

I don't know if you know this, but Japan has less people than the entire rest of the planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"Sex was a mistake" - The Entirety of Japan

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAoF-GgJZHo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I just watched Nepnep.

Nepnep is...okay?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

matt "i want to splooge on [link]'s face"

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

The real hard part about chocobo racing is that one temple's chocobo racing minigame because in order to get the best prize you have to be on point with your controls while the RE fixed camera angles gently caress you over. Not to mention the fact that the game randomly decides that you will have no chance of getting the best prize.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Futaba Anzu posted:

matt "i want to splooge on [link]'s face"

Don't we all?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
What was with the Drakengard 3 references in the FFX video?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

After listening to so many Giant Bomb Zelda conversations where they don't remember anything or know anything, hearing Matt, Woolie, and Liam perfectly recall names of characters and creatures is strange.

e: Woolie likes Ghirahim :geno:

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Mar 18, 2016

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

After listening to so many Giant Bomb Zelda conversations where they don't remember anything or know anything, hearing Matt, Woolie, and Liam perfectly recall names of characters and creatures is strange.

Remembering almost anything from Twilight Princess is already impressive.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Twilight Princess HD sold more than Wind Waker, get ready for 10 more years of Twilight style

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

We've seen what the next one looks like

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rodyle posted:

Ghirahim was rad.

But also i've been listening to those this year collections of the bombcast and it's so hilarious to hear them all poo poo on the PC and how it's dying and how gaming isn't going to happen there anymore for like 4 solid years and then listen to them nowadays. It's not just a hindsight thing, because I remember thinking they were crazy back then, but to have the vindication is pretty great.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Minecraft part 4 was the best thing ever. loving unbelievable.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

YF-23 posted:

Minecraft part 4 was the best thing ever. loving unbelievable.

I'm not going to let you trick me into watching a minecraft video.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Vargs posted:

Lol it's barely a Minecraft video.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Rodyle posted:

Girahim was the rival battle

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

FauxGateau posted:

Lol it's barely a Minecraft video.

Friendscast annexure.

I'm amazed at how little input Minecraft Story Mode needs to progress. Did Pat brute force the lights puzzle in episode 4 or did the game just give it to them after a couple of unsuccessful tries (3?).

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Dias posted:

I just watched Nepnep.

Nepnep is...okay?

If you want to dip your toe in the series, there is a Flash Sale right now for the next two days that include NepNep........

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
I can't believe Pat and Woolie are unable to watch the Kingdom Hearts Parking Lot video.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Wordnumber posted:

I can't believe Pat and Woolie are unable to watch the Kingdom Hearts Parking Lot video.

Yeah, it's a delicious cringe, not I-got-so-much-second-hand-embarrassment-I-want-to-die cringe.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Vargs posted:

Do you listen to the friendcast? Then open the LP and put it in a background tab. You just got yourself an extra 100ish minutes of friendcast.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Wordnumber posted:

I understand that

I'll never finish the foam video and I accept that

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Cringe is like pepper, people have different levels of tolerance when it comes to it. Not everyone wants ghost pepper sauce, we're fine with sriracha.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Speaking of minecraft and cringe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcifngvnh54

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

This road is one that is bathed only in darkness

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

YF-23 posted:

Do you listen to the friendcast? Then open the LP and put it in a background tab. You just got yourself an extra 100ish minutes of friendcast.

Except you also get to listen to Pat struggle to flip a coin not once, but twice.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kimmalah posted:

Except you also get to listen to Pat struggle to flip a coin not once, but twice.

So it's better than the Friendcast.

also there's buttchugging

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Ruggington posted:

I understand that

I'll never finish the foam video and I accept that

The foam video is like 10 minutes long. Parking Lot Kingdom Hearts is not even 3.

It's Star Wars Kid tier at worst.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So Gawker just died. That's a thing that just happened.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

And nothing of value was lost.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Quoting myself from the games chat thread because I effortposted about how Gawker basically shot itself point-blank:

CJacobs posted:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/03/115-million-verdict-in-hulk-hogan-sex-tape-lawsuit-could-wipe-out-gawker/

Kotaku might be going away soon thanks to Hulk Hogan

edit: Haha they deliberated for less than an hour

quote:

A choice quote from the Gawker rep during the case:

quote:

A.J. Daulerio, 41, was sitting ramrod-straight in the Florida courtroom during the incredibly awkward moment when he was asked by Hulk Hogan’s lawyer, “Can you imagine a situation where a celebrity sex tape would not be newsworthy?”

Daulerio answered flatly, “If they were a child.”

“Under what age?” he was asked.

“Four,” he said.

quote:

More of Gawker sealing their own stupid fate:

"Citing the holocaust will win people over right??":

quote:

During the defense opening, Gawker lawyer Michael Berry attacked Hogan’s suit as a naked grab for “lots and lots of money,” and contended that company founder Nick Denton had acted with the purest of motives.

Berry noted that Denton’s mom was a Hungarian Jew “who survived the Nazis” before escaping the Soviet occupation and fleeing to England at age 18.

“Mr. Denton grew up with parents who’ve seen first-hand what happens when speech is suppressed,” Berry said.

“He wants the public to have the simple, unvarnished truth … the unvarnished truth about public figures.”

"The sex tape we obtained and posted was a publicity stunt by you":

quote:

Hogan's lawyer slammed the site for not contacting the WWE legend ahead of publishing a clip of a sex tape featuring Hogan. But Gawker's lawyer said the entire sex tape and lawsuit could be a "publicity stunt" orchestrated by the celebrity.

Pot calls kettle black:

quote:

Gawker’s lawyers, who will address the jurors later Friday, have argued that Hogan made his sex life a public matter by frequently discussing it over the years.

"We made no money on the post but actually we did make lots of money on the post":

quote:

Gawker said it did not make money directly off the post, which it flagged as unfit for workplace viewing and ran without display advertisements. Experts for Hogan said the company netted substantial gains from the traffic it generated.

Other news sites posted stills from the tape, but only Gawker posted video. They showed one minute and 41 seconds of the tape, which included just nine seconds of sexual content. The company says it made about $11,000 from the post, countering assertions by Bollea attorneys that it was worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The whole case was just wonderful to follow.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

"Gawker’s lawyers, who will address the jurors later Friday, have argued that Hogan made his sex life a public matter by frequently discussing it over the years."

Wooooooooowie that's a gross fuckin idea to try and push, under basically any circumstances, much less as a defense for just putting something like that out there.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
The best March 18th.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

CJacobs posted:

The whole case was just wonderful to follow.

Who knew we were living in the brightest timeline?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Boy that MONSTER menu art is complete garbage

But it looks better than those sprites, gently caress me that looks bad

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Am I crazy or is one of those characters in MONSTER wearing assless chaps?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

WHERE'S LIVIN DA DREAM

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

kotakus one of the biggest gaming websites there is, im sure some other big name company would buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ruggington posted:

WHERE'S LIVIN DA DREAM

for loving real