Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Happiness posted:

I have snow dogs for anyone who wants them

4484-8641-1177

ohhhh my gosh, if I could possibly partake in the snow dog giveaway, I would love you forever and probably name my first born after you. Well, if perhaps I could be so presumptuous as to ask for a female one named Poli'ahu.

I'm 3626-1860-4045, ign Emily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I'm gunna start farming synchronize abras for catching legendaries and UBs I guess. What are the most important natures? Adamant, Jolly, modest and Timid I'm sure. Any others like some kinda speed reducing one for a trick room guy?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

FishBulb posted:

I'm gunna start farming synchronize abras for catching legendaries and UBs I guess. What are the most important natures? Adamant, Jolly, modest and Timid I'm sure. Any others like some kinda speed reducing one for a trick room guy?

brave and quiet reduce speed and increase attack and special attack. relaxed and sassy raise def and special def while lowering speed.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

FishBulb posted:

If you're in Moon, Pheromosa likes Naive and/or Rash.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Senerio posted:

If you're in Moon, Pheromosa likes Naive and/or Rash.
At some point somebody was advocating for Naughty Pheromosa, too. As long as you're compiling a full list.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
We've hit peak Gladion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KUhcrGWcPs

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I hope everyone slept in the bed in the first house in the Poni wilderness.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Nihilego and Pheromosa are destroying the Battle Tree doubles. If I ever run into anything they can't handle, I send in Kommo-o and Tapu Fini.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Senerio posted:

Nihilego and Pheromosa are destroying the Battle Tree doubles. If I ever run into anything they can't handle, I send in Kommo-o and Tapu Fini.
Filthy legendary user.

(Why Nihilego?)

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
So there's no real secret to getting Destiny Knots via Pick Up? There's no specific area or level needed for your picker-uppers?

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Deified Data posted:

I hope everyone slept in the bed in the first house in the Poni wilderness.

Alolan Meowth is rude

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I run Nihilego basically as a second, weaker and slower pheromosa.

Nihilego @ Focus Sash
Timid, 252 SpAt, 252 Spd, 4 SpDF? (I don't remember where I put the 4, just THAT I put the 4)
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Rash, 252 SpAt, 252 Spd, 4 Atk
- Focus Blast
- U-Turn
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam

Kommo-o @ Steelium Z
Calm Nature, 252 SpAt, 252 Spd, 4 HP (It was a shiny, so I didn't have a choice re:nature)
- Focus Blast
- Clanging Scales
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Modest Nature, 252 SpAt, 252 HP, 4 Spd
- Nature' s Madness
- Muddy Water
- Aqua Ring
- Moonblast

The gimmick is that if there's anything that can look at Pheromosa funny, I U-turn into Tapu Fini or Kommo-o, depending. Basically use Nihilego and Pheromosa to pick dudes off til they die, at which point Kommo-o can generally get neutral hits in while Tapu Fini tanks all the damage she can. (Nihilego is who I remove when I go to singles)

Why Nihilego? I haven't finished the UB plotline yet, and she's the best one I have besides my three other Pheromosa.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

I'm not sure my Paras is that upset by being wet or wants to be hairdried pokemon refresh!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Ice_Mallet posted:

Does Cosmoem get a boost from eviolite or is it considered fully evolved?

I mean it only gets Cosmic Power, Teleport, and Splash, but it'd be funny if it had a use in battle somehow. It has high defensive stats so eviolite working would be neat. Although Cosmog and Cosmoem are considered a "special" pokemon that's too OP to use, for whatever reason.

It's unevolved, so it gets the boost. The question is, how exactly do you plan on using that, PP stalling? Because there are far better Pokemon for that job.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Are metal coats only available by farming magnemites? Any tips on speeding that process up?

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Senerio posted:

I run Nihilego basically as a second, weaker and slower pheromosa.

Nihilego @ Focus Sash
Timid, 252 SpAt, 252 Spd, 4 SpDF? (I don't remember where I put the 4, just THAT I put the 4)
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Rash, 252 SpAt, 252 Spd, 4 Atk
- Focus Blast
- U-Turn
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam

Kommo-o @ Steelium Z
Calm Nature, 252 SpAt, 252 Spd, 4 HP (It was a shiny, so I didn't have a choice re:nature)
- Focus Blast
- Clanging Scales
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Modest Nature, 252 SpAt, 252 HP, 4 Spd
- Nature' s Madness
- Muddy Water
- Aqua Ring
- Moonblast

The gimmick is that if there's anything that can look at Pheromosa funny, I U-turn into Tapu Fini or Kommo-o, depending. Basically use Nihilego and Pheromosa to pick dudes off til they die, at which point Kommo-o can generally get neutral hits in while Tapu Fini tanks all the damage she can. (Nihilego is who I remove when I go to singles)

Why Nihilego? I haven't finished the UB plotline yet, and she's the best one I have besides my three other Pheromosa.

Does Sludge Wave not hit your partner in doubles?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It hits your partner. I tend to consider it a worthy sacrifice when I have to use it.

Electric Sugar
May 24, 2004

over in the burnt yellow tent by the frozen tractor

When does it rain in Malie Garden, and can you "force" a weather change by zoning out or changing islands and coming back? I'm trying to get the sos chain going for a Politoed and I don't have anyone (yet) that can make it rain.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Oh is sos chain how you can find a king's rock?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

greatn posted:

Oh is sos chain how you can find a king's rock?

Nah, Politoed shows up in Malie Garden when it rains.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Senerio posted:

Nah, Politoed shows up in Malie Garden when it rains.

Well poo poo.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

greatn posted:

Well poo poo.

During an S.O.S. chain while it rains.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I traded a Castform for a Politoed.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Alxprit posted:

I traded a Castform for a Politoed.

I traded a Castform for a Electivire, which I traded for a Magmortar, which is now deposited for a Weavile.

Castform is a great currency.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Dec 2, 2016

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

Sockser posted:

Are metal coats only available by farming magnemites? Any tips on speeding that process up?

Dead Butterfree lead (or something else with compound eyes) and your 2nd pokemon is something with Frisk and Thief. I use and Alolan Exeggcutor.

Electric Sugar
May 24, 2004

over in the burnt yellow tent by the frozen tractor

MacheteZombie posted:

I traded a Castform for a Electivire, which I traded for a Magmortar, which is not deposited for a Weavile.

Castform is a great currency.

I'm on the Castform currency train, but not getting any bites for the Politoed. I figured I could grind one out and try for the Magmortar or Electivire that I also still need while I was waiting.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Butterfree can learn Thief so you can just it as well.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

That Old Ganon posted:

Would you be interested in a Lure Ball Dratini, Level Ball Bagon, Love Ball Feebas, or Moon Ball Roselia in regards to apricorn balls?

I am! Those would be lovely. :D What would you like in return?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

We're next to each other on the Beast Ball spreadsheet. Want to make all the cells line up? :wink:

(really though I want it alllllll in a beast balllllll and I will hook you up with what I have in return)

Sounds good. I'll go breed babies for all the cells you're missing. Adding you, and let me know when you're around again to trade!

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Can I get Pokerus? I can offer anything on my beastball list or a moon ball mimikyu

Looks like you already got your pokerus, but any chance you have any more Moon Ball Mimikyus to spare?

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I still have a spare Jolly Synchronize Abra and another Modest one if anyone needs it.

I'd love a the modest one if you're still offering!

My FC is 3668-7290-5168 and IGN is Tzu. You can also find me on the Discord server as GBD for easier coordination.

I've got my breedable Beast Balls 'mons listed on the Great Goon Beast Ball Spreadsheet, and also the following breedable Apricorn Ball boyz (and girlz):
  • Adamant Stufful with Thunder Punch, Wide Guard, Stomping Tantrum, and Ice Punch in a Love Ball.
  • Adamant Bounsweet in a Love Ball.
  • Timid Solosis in a Friend Ball.
  • Carvanha in a Lure Ball. (Sadly not Speed Boost.)
  • Jolly Gible with Outrage and Iron Head in a Lure Ball.
  • Emolga with Shock Wave, Charm, and Speed Swap in a Fast Ball.
  • Dratini in a Lure Ball.
  • Bagon in a Level Ball.
  • Roselia in a Moon Ball.
  • Feebas in a Love Ball.
  • Adamant Mimikyu in a Moon Ball.
  • Modest Salandit in a Love Ball.
  • Jolly Totodile with Dragon Dance, Aqua Jet, and Ice Punch in a Lure Ball.
  • Chikorita with Wring Out, Leech Seed, Ancient Power, and Leaf Storm in a Love Ball.
  • Modest Cutiefly with Moonblast in a Love Ball.
  • Adamant Pancham with Power Trip and Foul Play in a Heavy Ball.
  • Adamant Honedge with Destiny Bond in a Heavy Ball.
  • Gothita with Dark Pulse in a Love Ball.
  • Adamant Timburr with Wide Guard, Endure, Drain Punch, and Mach Punch in a Heavy Ball.
  • Adamant Mudbray with Clost Combat in a Level Ball.
  • Jolly Mimikyu in a Heavy Ball.
  • Wimpod in a Fast Ball.
  • Jolly Trapinch in a Friend Ball.
  • Jolly Jangmo-o in a Love Ball.

Squats fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Dec 4, 2016

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Giant Boy Detective posted:

Sounds good. I'll go breed babies for all the cells you're missing. Adding you, and let me know when you're around again to trade!
It'll be later tonight, I'll post in the thread and also PM you.

Gotta get off work, then breed up babies, then got some social commitments, but I'll be around.

e: Arrg didn't actually get pokerus from me, I think - we never managed to be online simultaneously, so if you're picking up the Mimikyu anyway you should toss the 'rus.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Only one I have is a Modest Salazzle in a Love ball I can breed down. I've kinda been saving my Kurt Balls.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dr. Fetus posted:

It's unevolved, so it gets the boost. The question is, how exactly do you plan on using that, PP stalling? Because there are far better Pokemon for that job.

They can nickname it Bonus Stage and make it part of a Street Fighter Theme Team.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I need nickname assistance. I'm nicknaming my UBs after Robot Masters/Mavericks/other Mega Man Bosses, and I'm having trouble picking names for two of them.

Nihilego: Splash Woman
Pheromosa: Sol Titanion
Buzzwole: Hornet Man
(Evolution of) Xurkitree: Elec Man
Celesteela: MegaMan Juno
Kartana: Slash Man (Also gonna try to get one named Hanzo Steele, but that's separate)
Guzzlord: ???

Any suggestions for Celesteela and Guzzlord?

Senerio fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 2, 2016

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

blizzardvizard posted:

Hoopa was probably created so they can easily fit in random legendaries into any future games.

What's hoopas story gimmick, I forget. Something something dimensional travel?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Calaveron posted:

What's hoopas story gimmick, I forget. Something something dimensional travel?

It's Y version dex entry: "It gathers things it likes and passes them through its loop to teleport them to a secret place."

X Entry: "This troublemaker sends anything and everything to faraway places using its loop, which can warp space"

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Anyone been breeding Alolan Grimers? I'd love an Adamant one with Poison Touch. Can offer you a 5IV Adamant Litten or Dewspider as well as 4-5IV a Timid Riolu or Magnemites

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
PSWii60, I know you can show Nebby the adventures and battles it deserves. *Quietly places Nebby in a PC box*

Happiness posted:

I have snow dogs for anyone who wants them

4484-8641-1177

I would love a snow dog if you still have any spares. When are you around?

FC: 1375 8302 1020
IGN: PSWii60

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

E-flat posted:

ohhhh my gosh, if I could possibly partake in the snow dog giveaway, I would love you forever and probably name my first born after you. Well, if perhaps I could be so presumptuous as to ask for a female one named Poli'ahu.

I'm 3626-1860-4045, ign Emily.

Same here, been dying for one since launch

FC is 0774-4864-2707

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Giant Boy Detective posted:

Looks like you already got your pokerus, but any chance you have any more Moon Ball Mimikyus to spare?

My FC is 3668-7290-5168 and IGN is Tzu. I've got my breedable Beast Balls 'mons listed on the Great Goon Beast Ball Spreadsheet, and also the following breedable Apricorn Ball boyz (and girlz):
  • Stufful with Thunder Punch, Wide Guard, Stomping Tantrum, and Ice Punch in a Love Ball.
  • Adamant Bounsweet in a Love Ball.
  • Timid Solosis in a Friend Ball.
  • Carvanha in a Lure Ball. (Sadly not Speed Boost.)
  • Jolly Gible in a Lure Ball.
  • Emolga with Shock Wave, Charm, and Speed Swap in a Fast Ball.

I actually didn't get Pokerus since I a friend came over, so if you would be willing to hook it up that'd be appreciated. Sorry Dack Fayden! I can trade you Mimikyu. I'd also like one of those Stuffuls. Do you have a Castform yet or want anything off my BB list?

FC: 2723-9256-0832
IGN: Amber

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Picked this up the other day, it's pretty charming.

I understand about IVs (kinda), most of the mechanics seem the same, and I have a chart for typing cause I nearly died trying to catch a magnamite in the first few grass patches. What should I know with the last Pokemon game I played being Gold on the old Gameboy Color/SP systems?

Or should I just roll with tutorial town and learn it all there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

RedMagus posted:

Picked this up the other day, it's pretty charming.

I understand about IVs (kinda), most of the mechanics seem the same, and I have a chart for typing cause I nearly died trying to catch a magnamite in the first few grass patches. What should I know with the last Pokemon game I played being Gold on the old Gameboy Color/SP systems?

Or should I just roll with tutorial town and learn it all there?

The game teaches you basically anything you need to know. You don't need to know any of that IV/EV crap unless you want to play multiplayer, really.