Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

Servbots are more like the Minions before Minions. They even have the same color scheme and purpose.

yeah except no one knows what those are nor do they care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Why

Do these stupid Rabbid games actually sell well? I have never seen anyone say they enjoy them.
The ones on Wii did.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Servbots are my friends and not the subject of bad marketing or weird facebook memes

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
We need to find the man behind the Minions and punish him.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Motto posted:

Servbots are my friends and not the subject of bad marketing or weird facebook memes

:twisted:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

We need to find the man behind the Minions and punish him.

Punished "venom" minion

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I think the Rabbids are dumb and bad, but I'm actually interested in the game.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

So Rime is not a very good game, but passable certainly. Played on PC, and the optimization is bad (a feature of many games today). Puzzles are easy, the game is misadvertised as open world when it isn't, and it's very short (3-4 hours). There are also a bunch of nuisance animations and cutscenes. Sad to say but this is a game that will run badly on Switch because it runs badly everywhere (see also Lego, Mr. Shifty etc.) and not fill that itch that Zelda did so well.

I'm pretty sure this was never supposed to fill a Zelda itch. Some of the things you say are true like it being easy, not really being open world, being short and doesn't run the best. I don't understand what your issue with the cutscenes are unless you didn't finish the game.

I thought the game was great though, probably not $30-40 dollars great. ( I got it through Gamefly. ) $10-15 would be the price I would recommend it at for anyone who likes Ico/Journey style games. The soundtrack was incredible and the visual style was great. Game had me crying like a baby at the end.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Motto posted:

servbots are slavery, friend.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Servbots are my family. I am miss Tron irl

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

This is a correct and good idea.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I've been playing the crap out of Disgaea 5 Complete, but every couple hours the framerate starts to chug in the homeworld, and the game errors out and closes. I think my Switch is dying.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Internet Kraken posted:

Why

Do these stupid Rabbid games actually sell well? I have never seen anyone say they enjoy them.

The first Rayman Ravin Rabbids game was really fun and I don't see what is so awful about what you quoted.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

MassRafTer posted:

The first Rayman Ravin Rabbids game was really fun and I don't see what is so awful about what you quoted.

I think the first two were good and then it became shovelware.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

thanks for the lo-five bruh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Monster hunter is supposedly fully compatible with the 3ds version, saves carry over, the can do netplay together, you can even use 3ds to control the switch version if you are that broken

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

yeah a character taking a selfie? lol. now thats quality entertainment right there. like a fine wine. cant wait.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
Where the gently caress is Mario Maker Switch?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

can u imagine? a selfie... lol. what will they think of next...

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Startyde posted:

My hunger grows with every waking moment.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Startyde posted:

Can't wait. Mario Maker was good but an expanded one with just a few more key things would be my dream game.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Can't wait. Mario Maker was good but an expanded one with just a few more key things would be my dream game.

Yeah I kept constantly butting up against restrictions when I tried to make levels in the style of Super Mario World, just a few too many missing items and abilities.

Like there could only be 2 screens total, regardless of their size? Comeon. I wanna build a ghost house!

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
If it doesn't have Mario 2 stuff in it they can gently caress right off

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Screw Mario 2.
We need the tileset from Super Mario Land 2, complete with Space theme.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
I fell off the thread like 2 weeks ago. Anything new? What are turtle shelves?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

pippy posted:

arms is pretty terrible but a whole lotta folks are convincing themselves it's the best thing ever

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

pippy posted:

An Ubisoft internal marketing thing leaked about a new Mario Rabbids game and it was full of hilarious Frenchy misspellings.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

pippy posted:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1378965

What's the French version of Engrish? Le Engrish?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Imagined posted:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1378965

What's the French version of Engrish? Le Engrish?

Frenglish

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

arms is pretty terrible but a whole lotta folks are convincing themselves it's the best thing ever

It's sad, really. Because it's a bad game.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It's sad, really. Because it's a bad game.

Stockholm syndrome is real.

Nintendo please release the VC so people can play good games like Super Mario World instead of ARMS.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I guess I just tricked myself into thinking I was having fun then.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
arms has normal controls, it doesnt have to be motion controls

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm suffering Stockholm Syndrome because I enjoyed and plan to buy ARMS despite it being a bad game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You can't hug your children with ARMS

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I don't like this game other people like so I'll just assume people are forcing themselves to like it or that their esteem for it is similar to an abusive relationship.

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013
I'm showing symptoms of liking ARMS. Please send help.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Did the director of ARMS kill your dog

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Zelder posted:

Did the director of ARMS kill your dog

no it's just a bad game, friend

also lol at the haters, never change games :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I can't believe people like a game, it must be brainwashing!

• Locked thread