Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

I read like the last 25% of The Regent's Shadow in one go last night because I apparently can't sleep anymore, but gently caress that poo poo ruled. I was doing literal fist pumps laying in bed multiple times.

It was incredible lol. God drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/adembskibowden/status/1254819817556713473?s=19

ADB previously said he would be working on BL 3 after finishing Spears 2 so not only does this tweet mean he is working on BL 3 he has finished Spears 2!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I like in the Regents shadow when valerian meets a primaris

For a split second we both thrust against one another, pouring on power, and I detected the morsel of greater strength there – an edge of resilience that his older counterparts did not quite possess. Then we split apart, hacking at one another, our blades clashing and ringing like hammers on an anvil. He punched out with his bolter-fist, ramming the weapon-butt into my throat. I fell back, hauling Gnosis’ heel into his knee-guard, making him stagger. He thrust forward with his snarling power sword, going for my chest. I clattered the edge away, adjusting for the feint, then swung my spear straight down at his helm. He was fast. He was powerful. On another day I might have savoured the contest a little more, aiming to discover more of this new breed of warrior, teasing out every scrap of knowledge in order to bring my own capability closer to perfection. But there was no time. My brothers were grappling with their own opponents, and we were still not where we needed to be. I shifted my centre of gravity, kicking his bolter aside and following through and down from the momentum. Before he could slice down at my shoulder I had swivelled Gnosis around and thrust it upwards, two-handed, into his oncoming stomach. I wrenched the blade clear, spraying flecks of bloody armour with it, then rammed the bolter-unit into his vox-grille. I depressed the trigger and watched his helm explode into a cloud of burning fragments. Not so very different, I concluded,

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

D-Pad posted:

ADB previously said he would be working on BL 3 after finishing Spears 2 so not only does this tweet mean he is working on BL 3 he has finished Spears 2!

I've seen enough farmers mangle themselves on the PTO that I'm not sure it would be too terrible different.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Tractor Legions.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

MariusLecter posted:

Tractor Legions.
The Horse Heresy

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

"I meant Horse Lupercal! Whatever we'll go with your stupid name, Erebus."

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SardonicTyrant posted:

The Horse Heresy

Rogal Deere and Massey Ferguson the Red.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Can I read The Great Work before Plague Wars? The latter won't be here for a week or two.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Ego-bot posted:

Can I read The Great Work before Plague Wars? The latter won't be here for a week or two.

Been a while since I read Plague Wars, but I am pretty sure the answer is yes. They aren't so much sequels as happening parallel to each other in different parts of the galaxy.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

D-Pad posted:

The Tractor - Traitor typo has almost certainly resulted in the exterminatus of multiple entire planets through the Imperium’s history, and conversely blessed multiple Daemon Worlds with excessive supplies of fertilizer.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Makes one wonder if there is an Ordo Orthographicus that deals with potentially devastating misspellings in Imperial documents and databases.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

MMAgCh posted:

Makes one wonder if there is an Ordo Orthographicus that deals with potentially devastating misspellings in Imperial documents and databases.
The Word Bearers take great pains to copy the Book of Lorgar by hand and will kill you if you so much as miss a comma.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

MMAgCh posted:

Isn't there an Eisenhorn story about exactly this happening?

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

Perihelion.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Khizan posted:

Perihelion.

Nothing, Perihelion with you?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Ok, so I read Celestine and listened to Our Martyred Lady. Are there any other books that have Celestine in them?

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

BigRed0427 posted:

Ok, so I read Celestine and listened to Our Martyred Lady. Are there any other books that have Celestine in them?

Shroud of Night

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
whats some of the good primarch books. listened to pertarabo one which was ok and i am enjoying the night haunter one. they wernt amazing but they are fun.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Dapper_Swindler posted:

whats some of the good primarch books. listened to pertarabo one which was ok and i am enjoying the night haunter one. they wernt amazing but they are fun.
I liked the Guilliman one. The combat was meh but it was cool to see Guilliman doing political stuff with his legion.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

BigRed0427 posted:

No Celestine, but Mark of Faith was really good and is kind of in the same ballpark.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

The plot setup for fifteen hours, which I'm currently reading, not a huge fan, is pretty much this.

Some guy on a administrative world whose job's sole purpose is transcribing data which has been stripped of all meaning gets some numbers wrong and a bunch of green recruits set to go to a relatively easy planet gets dropped onto a planet where the war has devolved into a decades-long meat grinder with orcs doing the grinding. If I recall correctly alll the recruits die within minutes of dropping onto the planet.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

The Jaghatai Khan one is pretty decent as well.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
THE IMPERIUM RETALIATES! - Wolf Lord Rho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=989gWoczHf8

The plot thickens...

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

MMAgCh posted:

Isn't that also how the IG unit gets to the wrong planet in 15 hours? Some coordinates typo drops them in the wrong place and most of them get killed in like 5 minutes?

kanonvandekempen posted:

The plot setup for fifteen hours, which I'm currently reading, not a huge fan, is pretty much this.

Some guy on a administrative world whose job's sole purpose is transcribing data which has been stripped of all meaning gets some numbers wrong and a bunch of green recruits set to go to a relatively easy planet gets dropped onto a planet where the war has devolved into a decades-long meat grinder with orcs doing the grinding. If I recall correctly alll the recruits die within minutes of dropping onto the planet.

Derp just saw your reply.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

She's a major character in parts 1 and 3 of the Gathering Storm series.

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BedBwhDfgU4
Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNLH54htSW0

Part 2 is a bunch of Eldar bullshit that's pretty boring and not important.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Every Eldar story reads like some loving boomers bildungsroman about how they were hippies in the 60s then got way too into coke in the 70s.

It’s all so loving tedious. I’d literally rather hear someone describe their dreams than sit though 30 more seconds of Fall of the Eldar poo poo.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Cocaine is good though, and i bet eldar cocaine is even better

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Biplane posted:

Now post the story about how you met Jerry Garcia at Studio 54!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Biplane posted:

Eldar are straight edge.

Literally the most they do is water sweetened with honey or something. Forget which book that is in.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

MariusLecter posted:

Eldar are straight edge.

Literally the most they do is water sweetened with honey or something. Forget which book that is in.

Dark Eldar know how to fuckin' party though.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
The Kindle sample of that new Cawdor book was surprisingly p.deece. Might have to get it.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Schadenboner posted:

The Kindle sample of that new Cawdor book was surprisingly p.deece. Might have to get it.

If you're talking about Redemption by Mike Brooks, he is a new author. Wrote Rites of Passage and it was excellent.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hello friends, please click the link below and consider participating in my little charity event. We're all bored in lockdown right now so I thought we might be able to channel that into something a little more productive. I will be donating money to a food bank for every model completed in the next couple of months. All you have to do to participate is post pictures of your models though other options will be available for those who'd like to do more. It is somewhat focused on 28mm stuff, but there are other categories available and if your models aren't represented, just let me know and we can work something out.

Full details in the thread, click the banner below to find out more:

I know there's quite a lot of overlap between this thread and the TG hams threads so I thought I'd post my little spiel. If you've never painted models before, but you're interested, now's a great time to start. This is not a contest and there won't be any judging so don't be afraid to join in.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Origins of the Mechanicus

https://twitter.com/Arlieth/status/1257714333133357056?s=19

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The machine spirits approve.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

MMAgCh posted:

There are entire wars fought by the traitor lexicographers and those still loyal to the Emperor's Word. The replacement of Eldar with Aeldari involved the Ordo Chronos briefly coming into existence for long enough to order the Officio Assassinarum into action against the heretical Websters.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
the eldar felt good enough to start using their full name again after yvraine hosed up a bunch while looking good the whole time, just like their ancestors did

BigShasta
Oct 28, 2010

D-Pad posted:

If you're talking about Redemption by Mike Brooks, he is a new author. Wrote Rites of Passage and it was excellent.

I tried looking this up because I loved Rites of Passage. Is this book called Road to Redemption, in a series called Necromunda? If so it looks like he wrote multiple other books in that setting. Is this a read in order situation? I don't even know what Necromunda is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Necromunda is just a specific setting about street gangs in 40k. I haven't read the book in question but I'm sure it's fine to read by itself.