Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem

sector_corrector posted:

I'm really hoping shovel knight gets a deal. That's pretty much all I want right now.

Sorry. I know this is against everything the steam thread stands for, but it's worth $15.

Is there a way to block curators? I really don't give a gently caress what TotalBiscuit thinks about anything, but he's currently inescapable on any store page I seem to browse to.

take three tablets fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Nov 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

down with slavery posted:

Is there a PinballFX thread? Because this weeks humblebundle owns

Sorta.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3361132

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Anyone here played Defiance? Is it any fun to mess around in for an hour or two every day, or do I need to poopsock to get the most enjoyment.

Defiance plays fine casually. Though after a while you realize that you're doing the same stuff over and over again and the game gets old.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Tezzeract posted:

Defiance plays fine casually. Though after a while you realize that you're doing the same stuff over and over again and the game gets old.
Also having an 'over-levelled' character and playing with an 'underleveled' friend on missions REALLY fucks up balance. Everything becomes super-duper bullet spongy. Like, 5 LMG mags to kill a mook. There's 15+ mooks in the area. So either mission solo or with evenly levelled players.
Co-op maps are fine, they're set levels.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Randallteal posted:

It has an icon right on it! :downs:

VV Hah!

404notfound posted:

There's an icon on it, duh

Edit: aw hell, beaten :smith:

Haha, you guys crack me up.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Forced myself to finish Wolfenstein today after putting it down when DA:I came out, I was closer to the end than I thought! Solid game overall, although the end was a bit abrupt. I would have been bummed paying full price at launch for it but it's perfect for $20-$30, so I'm glad I waited for the sale.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

habanero walrus posted:

Is there a way to block curators? I really don't give a gently caress what TotalBiscuit thinks about anything, but he's currently inescapable on any store page I seem to browse to.

Yeah, I'd love that feature too. Him and 'Gamergate Recommends', which is usually some variety of 'Someone, somewhere said some aspect of this game is sexist. BUY IT NOW gently caress THE FEMINAZIS'.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Gamergate Recommends is frickin' Epic, actually

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Just bought South Park: Stick of Truth. I've heard and seen quite a bit about it, but any thoughts from thou goons?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

habanero walrus posted:

Sorry. I know this is against everything the steam thread stands for, but it's worth $15.

Adblock the page element with curators on it

that's the only way

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

UltraVariant posted:

Just bought South Park: Stick of Truth. I've heard and seen quite a bit about it, but any thoughts from thou goons?

Uh if you already bought it, you should just play it instead of asking goons :)

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

UltraVariant posted:

It's a pretty straightforward game. I don't see how you could screw it up, really. It's not very difficult. Still, very fun and worth playing.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys

Lethemonster posted:

If I want Painkiller its the Black Edition I want for the most levels and staking action, right?

Not concerned about graphics, want lots of fun co op murdering.

Black Edition is the original + expansion-- the good two before they started licensing the name to other studios that made terrible games. No idea what its co-op capabilities are, if any, but that's the good Painkiller.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

habanero walrus posted:

Enchanced Steam has an option to block curators and a lot of other stuff that was added in the recent redesign. If you already have it installed, maybe update it and there should be a customize button on the top right of the main page or around the game price on the store page.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Xaris posted:

Uh if you already bought it, you should just play it instead of asking goons :)
Well, yeah, but opinions would still be nice. :downs:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Stick of Truth is an extended, playable episode. They completely, 100% nailed the look and feel of the show. Everything about it is done perfectly, even down to the character interactions.

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
Green Man Gaming has Shadow of Mordor for 33% off compared to Steam's 25%, and you can activate it on Steam. I did that for Dark Souls 2.

Movac
Oct 31, 2012

Lethemonster posted:

If I want Painkiller its the Black Edition I want for the most levels and staking action, right?

Not concerned about graphics, want lots of fun co op murdering.

The only co-op Painkiller is Hell & Damnation. All the games on the old engine just have competitive multiplayer.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Would anyone be willing to trade me a copy of the Black Ops 2 Deluxe Edition for a $21 Amazon gift card? If so, PM me here or add me on steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/idontgiveafuckorshit
Thanks!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

UltraVariant posted:

Well, yeah, but opinions would still be nice. :downs:

It's a top form multipart episode. I found the combat to be unengaging but serviceable, and the inventory stuff to be boring and silly - there's so much poo poo to collect/are given that doesn't do anything, or just feels pointless as flavor - , but those are pretty much the only two negative things I could say. I wish I could have just watched it like a show because it was funny as gently caress.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Ddraig posted:

Stick of Truth is an extended, playable episode. They completely, 100% nailed the look and feel of the show. Everything about it is done perfectly, even down to the character interactions.

Awesome, I'll be grabbing this during the Christmas sale for sure. I appreciate the short summaries everyone provided.

Edit: Transistor is a solid grab at $10. I wish I could play it through new again. The visuals and music are phenomenal, but I expect nothing less from Supergiant these days.

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 30, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
deals are pretty lame today - if this is their final form. Even if not, the games listed are much cheaper elsewhere, currently.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Far Cry 3 for eight ninety nine? I'm pretty sure I saw it for less a week or so ago as a weekend/daily deal.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Drifter posted:

deals are pretty lame today - if this is their final form. Even if not, the games listed are much cheaper elsewhere, currently.

Prices are likely not final yet.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

I don't think they've updated yet - for example, Papers, Please is showing up as 50% off, but if you navigate to its store page, it's 70% off.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Click a game. If the price on that page says "Autumn Sale" it's not the daily deal price. If it says "Daily Deal" it's the daily deal price.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

strategery posted:

Prices are likely not final yet.

I stand by my statement. These games are cheaper elsewhere.

If you guys are considering it, Rocksmith 2014 is a legit great guitar playing game (you need a guitar and cable to play, however).

At 15 bucks it's hard to go wrong.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 30, 2014

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Really people; this happens every single day of a sale. Wait five minutes for the sale prices to kick in before complaining about weak deals.

ed; Saints Row 4 for $4.99 is a must buy.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/47804/

probably going for this

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Drifter posted:

Saints Row 4 Game of the Century edition is 7.50 for the base game plus all the dlc. which is the cheapest it's ever been.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Do it. That's a whole lot of super powered goofy fun for $7.50. Some of the missions are hilarious.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
And if you already have the base game of Saints Row 4, $2.50 will buy you all the extra content.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/47503/

Linking because I can never seem to be able to navigate to the store page to find this.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Leper Residue posted:

Saints Row 4 Game of the Century edition is 7.50 for the base game plus all the dlc. which is the cheapest it's ever been.

Fair enough. I stand by a majority of my statement.
(Buy SR4, it's a loving fantastic game)

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Which resident evil games are good?

I have never played any of the series, but have seen the movies. Will I have no idea what is going on?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Dominic White posted:

Yeah, I'd love that feature too. Him and 'Gamergate Recommends', which is usually some variety of 'Someone, somewhere said some aspect of this game is sexist. BUY IT NOW gently caress THE FEMINAZIS'.

That might as well be 'games that journalists have said stupid poo poo about', which by all rights should comprise ninety percent of games on Steam.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Do I just own too many games by now or is this sale really lacking in comparison to some of the ones a few years ago? Seems a lot more conservative towards crazy discounts for new games like old sales seemed to have.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

Drifter posted:

If you guys are considering it, Rocksmith 2014 is a legit great guitar playing game (you need a guitar and cable to play, however).

At 15 bucks it's hard to go wrong.

Thanks for the heads up. Also, it's not much, but if you enter "blackfriday" when checking out, you get another 5% off, bringing the total to $13.66.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

StabMasterArson posted:

Do I just own too many games by now or is this sale really lacking in comparison to some of the ones a few years ago? Seems a lot more conservative towards crazy discounts for new games like old sales seemed to have.

People have been saying this for the entire 3 years that I've been paying attention to steam sales.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Without fail, at least one person will say that during every sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Breadallelogram posted:

People have been saying this for the entire 3 years that I've been paying attention to steam sales.

So you weren't checking them when they were decent, ok

• Locked thread