Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, narancia got impaled on the fence and diavolo kept skipping time so no one really knew what was happening but since things still technically 'happen' narancia was just bleeding out in the meanwhile amid all the confusion until they realized he was missing. by then it was too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Pretty much. Like a vampire feeding, you have to actively want to be looking for a requiem or "a way to win" to get a requiem, hand waved, plot hole explained.

It doesn't need explaining anyway. It's a plot hole, so be it.

Polnareff figured out that Requiem existed entirely by accident.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

gold experience actually did go requiem then but no one knew what requiem stands were so it didn't come up. this explains why giorno's powers are so broken

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Maybe the arrow chooses, like it did with Kira

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Maybe the arrow chooses, like it did with Kira

Arrows are Rock Animals.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Daxing Dan posted:

Polnareff figured out that Requiem existed entirely by accident.

~handwave~ he wanted a cooler stand subconsciously ~handwave~

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

fractalairduct posted:

gold experience actually did go requiem then but no one knew what requiem stands were so it didn't come up. this explains why giorno's powers are so broken

His stand's creations stopped reflecting damage because it was already half requiem. Makes sense.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Dragonwagon posted:

His stand's creations stopped reflecting damage because it was already half requiem. Makes sense.

This is my favourite example of Araki just obviously forgetting a detail. Because the damage reflection happens literally once, in the first fight of the entire part, then never mentioned again.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

This is my favourite example of Araki just obviously forgetting a detail. Because the damage reflection happens literally once, in the first fight of the entire part, then never mentioned again.

I think that's less forgetting and more changing his mind and not being able to rewrite earlier chapters.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pretty much. There's rarely much or anything to suggest he's forgetful, at least when he was young. A failure to re-occur doesn't imply forgetfulness.
D4C and King Crimson are prime cases of "I'm changing this stand's power because it's easier to write."

Killer Queen is kind of the same, but it's not even attempted to be covered and is legitimately acknowledged as such.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
or they could just have GE catch the arrow

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I wonder if David Pro will change Diavolo's initial "guy in suit" appearance during King Crimson's debut.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Doubtful. It's pretty iconic and besides, I like it when characters actually change clothes, rare as it may be.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Doubtful. It's pretty iconic and besides, I like it when characters actually change clothes, rare as it may be.

I do miss parts 1 and 2 where the JoJos have actual wardrobes instead of exactly one set of clothes, but I get you need a character to have a consistent look

Part 6 is a good middle ground, I think we can agree.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It's weird, Jolyne gets a bunch of outfits, when she's reasonably the JoJo with the least reasoning to be able to change her clothes.

Hell, we're already 70-odd chapters deep on Pt8 and Gappy's still running around in stolen fetishwear.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

It's weird, Jolyne gets a bunch of outfits, when she's reasonably the JoJo with the least reasoning to be able to change her clothes.

Hell, we're already 70-odd chapters deep on Pt8 and Gappy's still running around in stolen fetishwear.

If you looked as good in a sailor suit as Gappy, would you wear anything else?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

nah it happens to koichi too

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Mr Yoshikage does not wear sailor suits as a fetish, he is an actual sailor and Mr Josuke stole the perfectly reasonable every day clothes that he hasn't changed even once!!!!

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
https://twitter.com/PhillipBankss/status/1011196031244128256

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Imagine if Carne received the Damo treatment

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Mr Yoshikage does not wear sailor suits as a fetish, he is an actual sailor and Mr Josuke stole the perfectly reasonable every day clothes that he hasn't changed even once!!!!

And since Josuke is part Kira it's not even stealing!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If I were as sexy as Josuke or Kira I'd rock that sailor suit every day too.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

FirstAidKite posted:

Imagine if Carne received the Damo treatment

death by being punched in the face?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/velvetsnaiil/status/1010342176658788353

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Condiv posted:

death by being punched in the face?

Only after becoming extremely beautiful

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

going to this next week: https://www.japan-expo-paris.com/fr/programme/jojos-bizarre-adventure-golden-wind_2747.htm

I'll post here as to how part 5 looks and sounds. unfortunately, the subs will be in french, which i'm not too great at, but i should be fine.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Have fun!

Also

https://twitter.com/araki_jojo/status/1012637324704825344?s=21

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i wonder if we'll get a chance to see the episode premiere if we're not at any of those events

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Johnny Joestar posted:

i wonder if we'll get a chance to see the episode premiere if we're not at any of those events

surely someone will record it and put it up somewhere, right?

right? :ohdear:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

i'll also go see the episode at ax, but i'll tell everyone how bad it is because joseph and the hamon are not in it

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Hamon Rye

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Pretty hosed up that they’re only airing it in advance in foreign countries and not superior japan imho

Edit: pretty hosed up that I somehow missed that it actually is also airing in there and I’m dumb

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jun 29, 2018

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

stupid sexy josuke

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

thanks!

also, thats a very good picture of a good bubbly boy

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/Lizardyne/status/1012658799776272384

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I know his name's josuke but he always comes across as more of a jotaro-type to me, what with being socially awkward as hell and general looks

I like how he's basically an otherworld version of 3 different characters combined.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

jojolion's kira and kyo pretty much replace and/or bump off jotaro in the family tree as far as their position goes so the comparison probably isn't as far off as you might think it is

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yeh exactly, since Kira & Kyo occupy that and Gappy's absorbed Kira...

It's hard to have a firm grasp of what Josefumi was really like without reaching a little but it seems like Gappy's more aloof/clueless type stuff is Kira-esque. Actually, what does he even have in common with Josuke personality-wise? He's not really someone who jokes around; I guess he's very loyal to Yasuho but? Uh?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/BeerStix/status/1009881744600952834

Here's a thread about the staff of Part 5 and what else they've done. Fun fact: The character designer was an animation director/key animator for the D'Arby episode of the SDC OVA! Also one of the series directors did Keijo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Just remembered Johnny giving up the corpse parts to save Gyro and they're sitting in the snow afterwards drinking :33:

Also my certainty that Johnny would have smashed that baby if he'd been chased by the blood monsters from JoJolion