Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Yeah, I love those sort of multiple build sets. Maybe I should finish my Mini Modulars before I do the Birds; I've had two sections built for ages but haven't finished. Getting cats has really slowed down my Lego-ing...

Possibly I could arrange them so the tiny town is being attacked by the gigantic birds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
I'm trying to build a spaceship and docking bay, but I want to incorporate magnet pieces into it to make the ship float. I have about 12 2x4 Lego fridge magnets to use, but it's tricky without a couple points of support. Has anyone had any luck trying something like this?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Went to the Americana exhibit at Cincinnati yesterday and it was very impressive. Some of the smaller displays in cases were cool too. Working on uploading some pictures now. Also bought the seasonal house creator set which came with a free moon rover set. Was a successful day all around, not to mention the light brick on that set is freaking amazing. Will throw up some of the other pics in a bit. My favorite by far was this space set with some amazingly well done (and funny) space billboards.

Here's a few of my favorites.

Lincoln Memorial

Snowman build. I thought the carrot was a nice touch.

Billboards were amazing.

Liberty Bell, it had a metal rod going through the bottom for support

Mini Lego Store, complete with pick a brick wall

Independence Hall was really well done

Top of the Old Church from Boston

Capitol was easily the most impressive Lego build I've ever seen

Supreme Court facade

They had a play area where kids could free build complete with shelves for them to fill out a card and name their creation for all too see. I like this kids style.

The whole album with hi res pics is uploaded here for anyone interested. I tried to get a lot of detail closeups because I find some of the techniques fascinating. These are cell phone pics so they're not the best but I was pleased.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jul 11, 2015

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Do we have any discontinuation rumors on the modulars? Palace Cinema is out of stock-shipping in 30 days on shop.lego, and I'm wondering if I've accidentally let it go too long (I was waiting for Pet Shop to discontinue first, since we already have that one).

EDIT: gently caress. When did the town hall get retired? I've been sitting here like a dumbass waiting for the petshop to retire as my signal to get the next in line.

EDIT2: Seriously, gently caress me. We have a complete set from Cafe Corner and Market Street through the Pet Shop. This really pisses me off. $450 minimum to get a used copy off Bricklink. gently caress.

EDIT3: ...my VIP balance claims we bought this set. wtf.

EDIT4: My wife bought it, and it's still in the box. Jesus, here's me having a spergy collector freakout over nothing. My poor loving jorts. v:v:v We now return you to your regularly scheduled Lego thread.

Jordanis fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 12, 2015

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Jordanis posted:

Do we have any discontinuation rumors on the modulars? Palace Cinema is out of stock-shipping in 30 days on shop.lego, and I'm wondering if I've accidentally let it go too long (I was waiting for Pet Shop to discontinue first, since we already have that one).

EDIT: gently caress. When did the town hall get retired? I've been sitting here like a dumbass waiting for the petshop to retire as my signal to get the next in line.

EDIT2: Seriously, gently caress me. We have a complete set from Cafe Corner and Market Street through the Pet Shop. This really pisses me off. $450 minimum to get a used copy off Bricklink. gently caress.

EDIT4: My wife bought it, and it's still in the box. Jesus, here's me having a spergy collector freakout over nothing. My poor loving jorts. v:v:v We now return you to your regularly scheduled Lego thread.

Well that escalated quickly...

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Jordanis posted:

well then!

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I was at wal mart today picking up some laundry detergent and checked out their Legos. There were actually some good sales on, with the new pirate ship on sale for 75$, Emmett mech for 30% off, and the Ghost on sale for 64$. Might be worth checking out.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

djfooboo posted:

Well that escalated quickly...

The Rage posted:

well then!

Legos are serious loving business, you guys.

I'd still appreciate it if anyone knows anything about retirement rumors for the Palace Cinema.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Jordanis posted:

I'd still appreciate it if anyone knows anything about retirement rumors for the Palace Cinema.

It's been in and out the Lego website for at least two months. I haven't seen it in stores for a while. Might as well pick it up not and not have a chance of missing it.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

xzzy posted:

That C3PO. :stare:

C3PHOHOHO

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.

Cakefool posted:

It's the wrong color but you could start with 2 Ghostbusters caddies.

I want to make the Elvis twin v6, best starting point is two hot rod 42022.

I'm hoping to keep it in the Technic line, as those are the sets for the cool kids.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

Jordanis posted:

If it will bother you that much to miss one why wait until you think it's going to retire?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Boz0r posted:

I'm hoping to keep it in the Technic line, as those are the sets for the cool kids.

there's an ATV on sale at walmart for $15 that has loving huge tires. Also a dump truck.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

If anyone in Germany wants to preorder the new technic sets: I just ordered the Mercedes truck and the crawler crane for 296 euros from thalia.de (First got 10 euros off by ordering both together, and then using the weekend 15% off coupon).

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

VaultAggie posted:

I was at wal mart today picking up some laundry detergent and checked out their Legos. There were actually some good sales on, with the new pirate ship on sale for 75$, Emmett mech for 30% off, and the Ghost on sale for 64$. Might be worth checking out.

Yea saw them over here in IN too. The bike shop and cafe was on sale at 63(65?) too but I didn't end up getting it. That price for a 1000+ piece set sounds nice but something about that set just seems boring to me.
I did buy the droid gunship though for 29 or something because it was a damaged box!

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter
Grabbed the Milano on clearance and spent a good chunk of today putting it together. My first kit in decades and it was a lot of fun, though I've got a bunch of leftover pieces...

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

benito posted:

Grabbed the Milano on clearance and spent a good chunk of today putting it together. My first kit in decades and it was a lot of fun, though I've got a bunch of leftover pieces...

Thats normal, Lego puts in extras of smaller pieces in case some get missed.

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter

The Rage posted:

Thats normal, Lego puts in extras of smaller pieces in case some get missed.

And of course, the one critical piece I was missing was right at the nose of the ship. Wrong plate was in the bag, but I pulled it out and it's all good. Got two swords for Gamora!

Not sure how to describe this but during this build I really enjoyed how three dimensional the whole thing was, going off in different angles and with parts snapping into different directions. Big change from the standard "piling on bricks" of the 80s Space theme.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Milano is an absolute boss build, but it really needs some sort of stand, as its shape doesn't really lend itself to sitting flat on a surface.

Mog
Nov 23, 2006

Pillbug

VaultAggie posted:

A protip for Walmart clearance sales is to double check the prices with the in store scanners. Today I saw a $50 Chima set on clearance for $35 but the box didn't have a tag anywhere so I wanted to double check. Came up as $15. They seem to mislabel or randomly reduce prices a lot.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Mog posted:

A protip for Walmart clearance sales is to double check the prices with the in store scanners. Today I saw a $50 Chima set on clearance for $35 but the box didn't have a tag anywhere so I wanted to double check. Came up as $15. They seem to mislabel or randomly reduce prices a lot.

man, now I have to go back to walmart and check some of their chima and ninjago sets on their clearance aisle.

Also had double decker couch for $11, So I snagged 2 of those.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Has this been posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0ne-XfXtnQ

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
I'm sure its a long shot but I put my Lego Myst Island build on Lego Ideas. Give it a vote if you thought it was cool!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/108571

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Supported!

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

This is pretty cute: http://pxtobrx.com/

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

smackfu posted:

This is pretty cute: http://pxtobrx.com/

Clicked on the scene from metroid, selected size 4x. Was not disappointed. You too, can build the 22ft by 23ft mural for the reasonable sum of $46,000.00

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Mog posted:

Just went an found the last GotG Nova corps ship, and saw a few of those, guess I need to keep checking.

That said, those Chima sets are really cool for the play features. I picked up the Tormakk double cat one and the Crossbow bird, and they are both pretty neat. I kind of wish Lego would keep doing the big animal sets like those, but maybe give them ball joints and stuff instead of being vehicles. The fact that the Jurassic Park/world stuff has just big plastic dinos is just disappointing. Why the hell is lego throwing in some $2 dino toy when it could do This?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Any Aus goons have a spare Hans Moleman to trade? I have a Hibbert, Willy, Bartman and Church Lisa that you can have any or all of. All I wants is Moleman.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

AllisonByProxy posted:

I'm sure its a long shot but I put my Lego Myst Island build on Lego Ideas. Give it a vote if you thought it was cool!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/108571

Supported!

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I hear rumour that the last wave of Ultra Agents sets will not be released in Europe. This will not stand. I must build a boat. Has anyone heard anything about this?

I picked up the helicopter last week for half price and am really liking it. A lot better than Alien Conquest one.

Fan art or marketing? I really want a science fiction exploration line of some kind.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Gravy Jones posted:

Fan art or marketing? I really want a science fiction exploration line of some kind.

Fan art, if they did Ice Planet 3003 I would be beside myself with glee.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Yeah. The posting with no comment gave me a glimmer of hope :(

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If they do an ice planet remake before a Classic/Futuron one I'm going to post so many ANGRY WORDS on the internet.

We'll just ignore for the moment that Blacktron has already had two runs.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

xzzy posted:

If they do an ice planet remake before a Classic/Futuron one I'm going to post so many ANGRY WORDS on the internet.

Either of those would make my day. To be honest pretty much any non-combat based science fiction line is what I really want, but I don't think it's going to happen. It's been what, at least a decade since the last one and these days (outside of city, technic, creative etc) any set bigger than a polybag must have good guys and bad guys.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.
Checked out my Baltimore Wal Mart today. Nothing was tagged, but everything of a certain age was 25-33% off. Like others have said, check those scanners! LEGO Movie and Chima are prime targets. Ending up getting $250 worth of stuff.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Man Lego is basically never reduced that far in Germany. At least no regular clearance Sales.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Gravy Jones posted:

Yeah. The posting with no comment gave me a glimmer of hope :(

It's been posted before, here's the source.

http://mr--jack.deviantart.com/art/Ice-Planet-2002-445122386

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
So I have a bunch of new, unopened sets to sell as well as some vintage complete sets (with boxes and instructions), where's the best place to offload them without eating huge eBay/Amazon fees? I'm not in any rush which helps a bit.

Here's what I have:

Vintage complete sets:
6386-1: Police Command Base  
6380-1: Emergency Treatment Center  
6394-1: Metro Park & Service Tower  
6385-1: Fire House-I  
6376-1: Breezeway Café  
1490-1: Town Bank  
6450-1: Mobile Police Truck  
6481-1: Construction Crew  
6480-1: Hook and Ladder Truck  
6643-1: Fire Chief's Truck  
6440-1: Jetport Fire Squad  
1489-1: Mobile Car Crane  
6693-1: Refuse Collection Truck  
6590-1: Vacation Camper  
4022-1: C26 Sea Cutter  
6335-1: Indy Transport  
6615-1: Eagle Stunt Flyer  
6345-1: Aerial Acrobats  
6350-1: Pizza To Go

New sets:
70816-1: Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!  
70808-1: Super Cycle Chase  
60074-1: Bulldozer  
70412-1: Soldiers Fort  
40145-1: LEGO Brand Retail Store  
42032-1: Compact Tracked Loader  
42035-1: Mining Truck  
31025-1: Mountain Hut  
8995-1: Thornatus V9  
60036-1: Arctic Base Camp  
70413-1: The Brick Bounty  
71006-1: The Simpsons House  
60004-1: Fire Station  
40090-1: Halloween Bat  
40091-1: Thanksgiving Turkey  
70169-1: Agent Stealth Patrol  
42033-1: Record Breaker  
42026-1: Black Champion Racer  
31032-1: Red Creatures  
8200-1: Radiator Springs Lightning McQueen  
42031-1: Cherry Picker  
75030-1: Millennium Falcon  
79120-1: T-Rawket Sky Strike  
76020-1: Knowhere Escape Mission  
76022-1: X-Men vs. The Sentinel  
71016-1: Kwik-E-Mart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

pzy posted:

So I have a bunch of new, unopened sets to sell as well as some vintage complete sets (with boxes and instructions), where's the best place to offload them without eating huge eBay/Amazon fees? I'm not in any rush which helps a bit.

40145-1: LEGO Brand Retail Store  

How much for the lego store shipped to 90045?