Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
lmao CineD is gonna have a field day if Ghost is in fact the villain in the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dexo posted:

lmao CineD is gonna have a field day if Ghost is in fact the villain in the movie.

Why?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Comics Ghost is a hero if the murders he commited are retconned.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

CineD is terrible.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Zzulu posted:

Could you use that growth tech on isolated areas

for example, a penis?

asking for a friend

Gotta make sure you get the shampoo first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6xoi-QJtm0&t=99s

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Mr Hootington posted:

Comics Ghost is a hero if the murders he commited are retconned.
The only time I saw him in the comics was when Deadpool was fighting the Thunderbolts while they were working for Norman.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I made an effort post about him ages ago in this thread I think, the main thing is that he is a paranoid dirty weirdo who hates baths, corporations, and Tony Stark specficially.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

So Hank Pym

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Shageletic posted:

I made an effort post about him ages ago in this thread I think, the main thing is that he is a paranoid dirty weirdo who hates baths, corporations, and Tony Stark specficially.

So the Marvel version of Rorschach?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

I like that they're making it clear Hope is the better hero

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

The only time I saw him in the comics was when Deadpool was fighting the Thunderbolts while they were working for Norman.

His entire schitck was bringing down corporations by exposing crimes.

Edit: guess who his original enemy was.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mr Hootington posted:

His entire schitck was bringing down corporations by exposing crimes.

Edit: guess who his original enemy was.

J Jonah Jameson

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Comics Ghost is an anti-capitalist

If it wasn't for the whole murder thing he'd be decently justified in all of his actions. Roxxon, Cross and Stark are his usual targets.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The murder of capitalists is justified

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

site posted:

The murder of capitalists is justified

Of course

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mike Colter is is giving off a bit of a Rib Kid vibe in that picture.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Well this looks really great. I liked the first one quite a bit, so I expect this to be good.

Still excited to be black as hell for Black Panther.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

SonicRulez posted:

Well this looks really great...
Still excited to be black as hell for Black Panther.

Absolutely, but it's nice to know there's still fun to be had after Black Panther to tide us over til Black Panther 2.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lobok posted:

Mike Colter is is giving off a bit of a Rib Kid vibe in that picture.

Rib Kid is DC

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

graham cracker posted:

So the Marvel version of Rorschach?

Yeah less angry, more crazy, more materializing through doors to freak you out, he's great. I'll post some images later maybe.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
More Psycho Mantis.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I flat-out love the visual humor they pull with resizing opportunities, and I'm glad they brought it back (of course they'd bring it back).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah modern Ghost is pretty much Psycho Mantis. He was great in Thunderbolts/Dark Reign.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Always love the Scott and Hank scenes.

I wonder if this takes place after Infinity War because it looks like it picks up right after Civil War.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I feel bad for the poor actress trying to see through solid plastic in that costume, but hey. Cool design. :sweatdrop:

So this comes out...after Infinity War pt 1, yeah? That'll be kinda interesting. Like, I'm assuming it's not going to take place, chronologically, during those events, so it'll sort of be like watching a flashback.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

I haven’t seen any BTS on the movie, but it’s possible parts of the mask are CG.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

AngryBooch posted:

Always love the Scott and Hank scenes.

I wonder if this takes place after Infinity War because it looks like it picks up right after Civil War.

I’m thinking this falls during CW. We’ll have his intro with the family / trying to get poo poo sorted out then his involvement in Civil War (+ whatever Ghost ends up doing) is what causes them to go on the run.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Either a quarian from Mass Effect or a Dark Jedi from a Star Wars game circa 2007? :D

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Y'know, the Ant-Man art team does seem to take a lot of inspiration from Bioware designs.

It's pretty great.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

As long as they stick to the designs

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Well Bioware ain't using those designs for the foreseeable future anyways...

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

BrianWilly posted:

Y'know, the Ant-Man art team does seem to take a lot of inspiration from Bioware designs.

It's pretty great.

no ending for antman and wasp confirmed

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Well, Ghost does clip through walls I guess

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

enigmahfc posted:

CineD is terrible.

For sure. They still keep thinking that BvS and Justice League were... bad movies!

No one show them Condorman!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

poly and open-minded posted:

no ending for antman and wasp confirmed

Edgar Wright will go and create an updated version of the movie with an ending in 2024 then.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Christopher Priest's review of Black Panther.
http://lamerciepark.com/wp/?p=651#more-651

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Christopher Priest's review of Black Panther.
http://lamerciepark.com/wp/?p=651#more-651

That seems about what I was expecting.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Sounds real good but I'm kinda lolling at the criticism that it ends in a fight which is apparently unique to superhero movies but not apparently the way that every comic hero arc ever made ends

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

site posted:

Sounds real good but I'm kinda lolling at the criticism that it ends in a fight which is apparently unique to superhero movies but not apparently the way that every comic hero arc ever made ends

Wait until he finds out about *checks notes* all action or adventure media, ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The complaint is actually specifically that it's yet another mirror villain fight, and that the fight solves everything.

It'll be interesting to see how beating up a guy negates his legitimate claim to the throne, but I guess Wakanda does usually have a rule by might thing going on.

• Locked thread