Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
All of those options are awful.

You want the mod called Stock up, which allows you to specify what you want you colonists to have on hand in their inventory at all times if available, as well as how much off it.

There is another mod i can't remember the name of, made by someone called ugugugugugugu, which allows colonists to access the inventories of other colonists and animals if they need something they have, also very useful for medicine and drugs, and especially while carvanning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Vengarr posted:

Is there a way to make colonists carry around Go-Juice or Wakeup for strategic purposes? Go-Juice especially is something you only need to take in emergencies, so it makes no sense to set it on a schedule.

The Smart Medicine mod allows you to assign stock up settings to pawns so they'll keep medicine/drugs on hand. Very handy for making sure your doctors have the medicine when going out on caravans too.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Well, I decided to try a rainforest biome for the once and come up with the idea to model the base off of a Vietnam combat or firebase. Got a nice location on the beach next to a huge river and everything. I threw a bunch of themed mods on the list and started the map.

It's definitely been interesting so far. I got the base set up quick thanks to the tents from the camping stuff mod, but one of my cannon cockers stepped on a Spider web and got attacked by a spider. A pawn rushing to assist got attacked by a hungry cobra. So before things have even been fully hauled to the stockpile two of my pawns were wounded, one slipping into a mercifully short coma.

Because of the spider attack, said soldier now developed a cleanliness OCD.

Then day two rolled around and things got wierd. For shits and giggles I kept werewolves and vampires enabled and installed the call of cthulu mod. My colony consists of 9 army soldiers and one naval communications officer. Well, the naval officer ended up being the one to write the book, and it's too perfect of an opportunity to pass up.

Apocalypse now style Vietnam War soldier Lovecraftian cult playthrough, here I come.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
This multiplayer mod is incredible

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Are there any good mods that operate at the faction/planet level? I want to start poking how the actual game operates on that level and whats going on in the background which from playing the game appears to be "not much". Figured looking at a mod that has already done a lot of work there would be a good place to start.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

barkbell posted:

This multiplayer mod is incredible

Care to expound on this? I've seen 2 mods (one on steam, one not) with different takes on MP.

robotsinmyhead fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Feb 1, 2019

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

robotsinmyhead posted:

Care to expound on this? I've seen 2 mods (on on steam, one not) with different takes on MP.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=47445.0

It’s just really well done. Barely desyncs. Support for some mods. Full control of stuff unlike prison architect

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

TaintedBalance posted:

Are there any good mods that operate at the faction/planet level? I want to start poking how the actual game operates on that level and whats going on in the background which from playing the game appears to be "not much". Figured looking at a mod that has already done a lot of work there would be a good place to start.

More Faction Interractions

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

Thanks! Not sure how I missed that one...

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Starting to get hosed by 20+ armoured opponents at range, seems like my assault rifles just don't cut it any more. What should I be using instead? I have the Weapon Tech mod which I really like but not all of the weapons are available to me as some are only found in trader inventories.

My defences atm consist of a few embrasure/sandbag bunkers, minefields and (small) trap mazes, I'm building into a mountain so should I just turtle completely and leave nothing outside the entrance?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Maybe start loving with fire, IEDs, etc. I would imagine charge lances are good for high armor but More Guns and More Bombs and More Traps seems to work well for me.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Dinosaurs.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
My best pawn has had 3x rejected proposals over the past 15 days, giving him a -45 debuff that's not going to start expiring for another 18 days. Anyone have ever this poo poo before? Luckily, he has the 'sanguine' trait but even with that he is constantly about to have a major break. I've got him snorting yayo and smoking weed constantly. Any tips?

edit: oh good, they just broke up so this mood debuff will stop stacking infinitely.

sharkbomb fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 1, 2019

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

8 Ball posted:

Starting to get hosed by 20+ armoured opponents at range, seems like my assault rifles just don't cut it any more. What should I be using instead? I have the Weapon Tech mod which I really like but not all of the weapons are available to me as some are only found in trader inventories.

My defences atm consist of a few embrasure/sandbag bunkers, minefields and (small) trap mazes, I'm building into a mountain so should I just turtle completely and leave nothing outside the entrance?

One benefit of the trap maze - or at least the maze part of it - is that it funnels enemies. If you've enough enemies, then they spread out along your maze as they're trying to get through. Those injured by traps are just a bonus. If you put a few boulders at the exit, they'll get a bit slowed but then have little in the way of choice for cover and you could put crappy cover further from the exit, so they continue to try running to the cover, all while taking fire.

You can then have them exit at a range beneficial to you. Shotguns, if I remember right, have pretty high armor penetration. The standard assault rifles are kinda crap against armored enemies, they've only got a 16% armor penetration. If they're at shotgun range, they're also at molotov and frag range.

And if all else fails, funnel them down a 1 wide hallway that ends at a door, where 3 melee colonists and 3 rifle toting colonists are waiting for them to show up at a time.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

sharkbomb posted:

My best pawn has had 3x rejected proposals over the past 15 days, giving him a -45 debuff that's not going to start expiring for another 18 days. Anyone have ever this poo poo before? Luckily, he has the 'sanguine' trait but even with that he is constantly about to have a major break. I've got him snorting yayo and smoking weed constantly. Any tips?

edit: oh good, they just broke up so this mood debuff will stop stacking infinitely.

Banish the loving creep.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

jokes posted:

I would imagine charge lances are good for high armor
they’re not

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Coolguye posted:

they’re not

Isn't that just because they do sharp damage, though? Or do they fare worse even compared to other ranged options?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

To beat armor, you need at least one of three things: a damage type the armor doesn't do well against (this is blunt. this is always blunt), a high armor penetration value, or luck.

The thing is, armor will always scale up faster than armor penetration does, on paper. In practice, I never see enemy pawns with better than good quality armor, so I suppose penetration is fine? If someone has seen a non-player pawn rocking legendary marine armor let me know. Either way, eventually armor penetration can't keep up with the amount of armor.

Blunt typically works fine, as even marine armor has lower base blunt production than sharp or heat protection. The downside is that blunt = melee in vanilla.

Which leaves us with what I see as the most reliable anti-armor style: luck. Find weapons that make a lot of attacks, and hope probability gives you a good roll or a lucky hit on an uncovered body part (NECK WOUNDS!!!!!111)

(I didn't talk about explosives because I don't really understand how explosives calculate hits. I know armor factors in somewhere, I just don't know how.)

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

Warmachine posted:

(I didn't talk about explosives because I don't really understand how explosives calculate hits. I know armor factors in somewhere, I just don't know how.)

It's because explosions generally deal Bomb damage which is blunt, which as you mentioned, beats most armor. Grenades, molotovs, rockets, etc do bomb damage.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

McGiggins posted:

All of those options are awful.

You want the mod called Stock up, which allows you to specify what you want you colonists to have on hand in their inventory at all times if available, as well as how much off it.

There is another mod i can't remember the name of, made by someone called ugugugugugugu, which allows colonists to access the inventories of other colonists and animals if they need something they have, also very useful for medicine and drugs, and especially while carvanning.

isndl posted:

The Smart Medicine mod allows you to assign stock up settings to pawns so they'll keep medicine/drugs on hand. Very handy for making sure your doctors have the medicine when going out on caravans too.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm pretty sure you were both talking about the same mod. Works great.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I tried Rah's bionics and ended up going back to EPOE partially because I missed the advanced stuff, and partially because the Autopsy table from harvest post mortem apparently defines legs and arms as organs, and EPOE let's me mince those instead of cluttering up my organ room

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

sharkbomb posted:

- was i able to get those married women i proposed to say yes? hmm let me think

* Weighed more than my carrying capacity
* Only traits are "ugly" three times (long story)
* Wore a bath robe to war every day
* Had the word "homo" instead of a mouth

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
What is the mod that lets me rip bionics out of corpses again?

Edit:Nevermind I am dumb.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 2, 2019

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Im dumb too but would like to know.

I've avoided epoe and the others so if its one of those im be sad.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I use reclaim reuse recycle for extracting bionics from corpses, amongst other purposes, and harvest organs post mortem for the squishy bits.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

gently caress my smooth talking super-immune main fighter guy got shot in the brain and was stuck in an unconscious state because of a lack of brain function from the "Mangled scar" in his brain.

He had 2 archaeotech limbs and a bionic leg. Since he was in a coma I removed them all so he was just a shambling torso with only one arm and no legs, missing an eye.

I didn't know what to do about fixing a hosed up brain so I dosed him full of drugs to see if I could raise his consciousness so he could put clothes on. It worked and he ends up going home to take a nap and bang his wife. With just the one arm, no legs.

Then when he got done with that and the drugs started to wear off I put him in a coma room, to see if he ever got better. He didn't.

I dosed him with all the drugs we had and slit his throat while he was high.

I think it's obnoxious that you cant repair things like "neck" "torso" and "brain".

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Luci and I think of the mech serums can help brain damage?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Keeshhound posted:

Isn't that just because they do sharp damage, though?
yes

the weapons are fine, it’s just that sharp damage isn’t very good.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Can't you fix a brain in Vanilla by shoving a possibly malevolent persona AI core into their head?

edit: Nope, that's a modded thing, sadly.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I think luci is the only vanilla thing that could fix that.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Healer mech serum will cure it too.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I’m 4 hours into my first game. So far all I have is a very basic hovel made of wood. Since a merc joined us we are four. We have a bedroom/office/kitchen, a crafting/butchering room, storage, frozen storage and a dining room. I have a frozen room full of dear and rabbit carcasses. Two of my original 3 are in love and now sleep in a double bed. The new 4th member is a moody little bitch and is only marginally happy when playing horseshoes at night. That is all.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

jokes posted:

gently caress my smooth talking super-immune main fighter guy got shot in the brain and was stuck in an unconscious state because of a lack of brain function from the "Mangled scar" in his brain.

He had 2 archaeotech limbs and a bionic leg. Since he was in a coma I removed them all so he was just a shambling torso with only one arm and no legs, missing an eye.

I didn't know what to do about fixing a hosed up brain so I dosed him full of drugs to see if I could raise his consciousness so he could put clothes on. It worked and he ends up going home to take a nap and bang his wife. With just the one arm, no legs.

Then when he got done with that and the drugs started to wear off I put him in a coma room, to see if he ever got better. He didn't.

I dosed him with all the drugs we had and slit his throat while he was high.

I think it's obnoxious that you cant repair things like "neck" "torso" and "brain".

EPOE. You can build an AI chip to fix brain damage.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Just get VBE and Scar Removal (hardcore mode in the settings). Decently balanced expansion to let you spend resources on poo poo that's just borderline unfixable in vanilla.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
God drat it, some mod is breaking butchering giving bones(from the RoM Bones mod) and I have no clue which one it is.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Luciferium is a dumb idea and I'm not gonna gently caress with that. But Goddamn I didn't know healer mech serum existed. Goddammit.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Mod report: Glittertech is so hilariously unbalanced I had to go in and edit the defs myself. Otherwise, if you defeat one Orion Corps raid, you've completely beaten the game. Not recommended.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

jokes posted:

Luciferium is a dumb idea and I'm not gonna gently caress with that. But Goddamn I didn't know healer mech serum existed. Goddammit.

Luciferium's fine as long as you caravan or practice maim and release with pirates.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Caravans yes, but how does maiming pirates help you get luci?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

jokes posted:

If you freeze the corpse, there's also resurrection serum