Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

This might do more damage to Goku's 'infamous villain known across universes' image than good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ahahahahaha

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
This is so disappointing.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Ok

Sure

Why not

Edit: Why did it have to be Buu, though. Why couldn't it be one of the lamers like Tien or Gohan

Honestly I kind of assumed something like this was going to happen after Buu had his fight against the wolfperson. He went too all-out in that one, and minor characters like him don't get to do that more than once in an arc.

I think DBZ is one of the only series I can think of where a universe threatening monster can join the good guys' team and then flat out stop mattering entirely.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

graham cracker posted:

This might do more damage to Goku's 'infamous villain known across universes' image than good.

helping keep goku painted as a monster to the other universes might be part of why they're doing this

of all the people to bench tho, why does it have to be buu. he's cool and has a ton of things he can do, but nah let's write him out of the tournament instead of fuckin tien

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I like the idea, but I think Cell would've been the better choice. He's a bigger rear end in a top hat given that almost everybody in the team had a problem with him. In retrospect, I guess it would've been a little awkward because he ate 17 and 18, and now they're back.

Having the guy that murdered Krillin and trigger the ancient prophecy of blonde power is I guess the lesser of two evils

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Ughh.. why him. And of course buu gets kicked off the team.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

on the bright side, maybe Beerus will zap Freeza out of existence once the tournament is over or he rings out

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Frieza Learns the Value of Friendship.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Fargin Icehole posted:

In retrospect, I guess it would've been a little awkward because he ate 17 and 18, and now they're back.

Speaking of this, I can't wait to hear Goku dropping this news on Krillain... THAT'S gonna be a thing. I bet he blows up when he hears it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

baba is resurrecting evil aliens now ?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

graham cracker posted:

Speaking of this, I can't wait to hear Goku dropping this news on Krillain... THAT'S gonna be a thing. I bet he blows up when he hears it.

Krillin already is on a team with two people who either killed him or were responsible for his death as is.

Edit: And if you count alternate timelines he's married to another one.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Aww yeah, We're gonna get Frieza vs Frost!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Just throw Buu into the time chamber for a few hours and he will wake up. Jeez these idiots really suck at using all the options available to them.

Also why does Buu sleep all the time now? During the Buu arc they made a point of showing Buu get prepared for bed in some long ritual, then only sleep for like 10 seconds.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

give him a senzu bean or whatever they are called.!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Stairmaster posted:

i just want to remind you all dbz was at its peak when an unrepentant rear end in a top hat(vegeta on namek) was one of the main players in the plot

this is why i'm cool with this

everyone being out of their depth, outnumbered, and uneasy allies was what made namek so good. i hope they can pull this off

Rhonne posted:

Aww yeah, We're gonna get Frieza vs Frost!

also, this should be pretty good too. i mean we know who would win this fight without seeing it but it will still be fun

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

considering ss3 drained a bunch of goku's time, frieza might power up and then immediately go back to the afterlife

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

of all the people to bench tho, why does it have to be buu. he's cool and has a ton of things he can do

I think that's actually part of the problem.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kelp Plankton posted:

this is why i'm cool with this

everyone being out of their depth, outnumbered, and uneasy allies was what made namek so good. i hope they can pull this off

also, this should be pretty good too. i mean we know who would win this fight without seeing it but it will still be fun

This is a tourney so unless something drastic happens this will be nothing like Namek.Its not a good comparison.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm so hype right now. This can go in so many interesting directions. Beerus making Frieza hide the truth from Vegeta.

Also Cell can't come back. Without the androids he's not perfect and too weak. Also the animators hate drawing all those spots.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm just annoyed because Roshi or Tien are just sitting there waiting for an excuse to be knocked off the team.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

RBX posted:

Also Cell can't come back. Without the androids he's not perfect and too weak. Also the animators hate drawing all those spots.

Wrong, Cell returned to Perfect Form after blowing himself up, and got a powerup out of it to boot thanks to his Saiyan DNA. That was the whole thing with him coming back and having to be actually defeated by Gohan, remember?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'd be happier if Tien got fired (because Tien sucks) but hey I'll take "Freezer awkwardly bonding with team".

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fuego Fish posted:

Wrong, Cell returned to Perfect Form after blowing himself up, and got a powerup out of it to boot thanks to his Saiyan DNA. That was the whole thing with him coming back and having to be actually defeated by Gohan, remember?

I wonder, if Gohan gut punched him again would another Android 18 have come out?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Rutibex posted:

I wonder, if Gohan gut punched him again would another Android 18 have come out?

how many Android 18s do you think he's got in there

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

It's all Android 18s the whole way down

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Cell's artificial so he probably doesn't even have a soul

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Testekill posted:

Did Buu fall asleep from training too hard?

I knew Buu falling asleep was going to lead to a gag, but I thought it was just going to be him getting fat again. :psyduck:

I'm otherwise fine with this outcome, though.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Fuego Fish posted:

Oh gently caress I forgot. Why has nobody ever questioned that

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Man, Champa just put in an order for more Saiyans and to dick him over Beerus tags in the turbo racist to destabilize U7.

The bickering is going to be tremendous.

Now it just comes down to Kale going Hulk mode over a dictator or Roshi being a creepo.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I am so TORN with how events are unfolding.

I wanted it to happen but I was not ready to pay this price...

God loving drat it Buu

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 8, 2017

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I love how instead of using some complex grim'n'gritty thing they're just using that goof-rear end poo poo from earlier in the show. And it also handily solves all the problems! Good job, DBS.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Looking forward to the new opening titles in about 4 weeks time.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
They got a leftover wish.

Wish for Buu to wake up!

Bring Frieza back and kick ROSHI out for being waaaaaay more creepy than I remember.

Not cool Roshi!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I don't really get these people surprised by Roshi being a pervert. Like the character's very first appearance ever has him trading a Dragon Ball to Bulma in exchange for her flashing her panties at him.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It's was amped up to uncomfortable levels.

But reading is hard I get that.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Raxivace posted:

I don't really get these people surprised by Roshi being a pervert. Like the character's very first appearance ever has him trading a Dragon Ball to Bulma in exchange for her flashing her panties at him.
yeah but he wasn't this bad and he was the brunt of the joke because he got punished for it via smacks or bullets

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

He got punished for it in this episode by getting kicked in the dick.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he also got punched through a wall but he was allowed to be a gross old dude for a lot longer with basically no repercussions than he used to get away with. they dragged the "hey roshi's a pervert, get it" joke out way too long and it got weird

e: the joke was never good, but it felt more succinct before. they didn't give you time to dwell on it. tho part of it might just be nostalgia clouding my judgement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I am actually super mad that buu isn't going to be in the tournament and would much rather they axe roshi for reasons discussed above

• Locked thread