Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Trying now, says you turned it down. This system sucks

Yeah let me try inviting you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011
Oh boy, I managed to get a beast ball from a male shed skin dratini onto a marvel scale female. HA Beast Ball Dratini factory go.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Happiness posted:

Naming that required me to learn about the ʻokina, which I wasn't aware of the distinct nature of before. So that's cool.

I think I got everyone who said they were interested so far except Parrotine, but if I missed you or you also want one of these dogs then let me know.

4484-8641-1177 IGN: Sumire

My goodness, can I get one too? I'll trade Marills that are slightly okay!

If you're down my name is Joey, 1977 0303 4337!

edit: thank you!!!

The Golden Gael fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Dec 3, 2016

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Giant Boy Detective posted:

I'd love a the modest one if you're still offering!

Added you; my FC is 3179-6070-7987, IGN Star. You have something with Pokerus?

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Dec 3, 2016

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Sure do! Added you and hopping on the plaza now!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I nabbed Dhelmise in a heavy ball, which looks nice.

i poop fire posted:

Oh boy, I managed to get a beast ball from a male shed skin dratini onto a marvel scale female. HA Beast Ball Dratini factory go.

I early await this :3:

Note Block fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 3, 2016

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Note Block posted:

:same:

Just traded a Solgaleo for a Celesteela... for a Bounsweet.

in a Beast Ball

I am a madman and I want anything anyone has in a Beast Ball that I don't yet. Go peep the spreadsheet and get at me. I will breed literally anything.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Fashion time! Here's my latest creation!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Note Block posted:

I nabbed Dhelmise in a heavy ball, which looks nice.

I caught mine in the Moon ball, which also looks really nice.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I would post a new pic but I haven't changed anything cuz my guy already looks so dope :grin:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I change my fashion whenever a major event happens. This major event was "I discovered that my friend had a Team Red 3 Star and I dyed my pants pink as a result." (Also the bag and the hat. I tried a few other things, but I wasn't huge on them, so I kept it to just those three.)

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The Show Off Muscles! festival plaza event seems busted for me. I can never get more than like. Six points, if I'm lucky. What am I doing wrong :saddowns:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Would anybody take mercy upon me and trade me a destiny knot?

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
Oh horseshit, I just lost a battle royale where I had a two kill lead and landed the final hit on someone's third pokemon because someone else blasted my third off the field after doing so, which was their only kill.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
ive been ghosting this guy on showdown all night, his team is super good and he's pretty high ELO right now (~1600). i think some people here would like it, it has the grass owl, a registeel, and the railgun bug

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-488563545

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
So I swapped from trying online Battle Royale to trying online Singles. I believe I see why Aegislash is turbo-banned to the broken stuff tier on competitive sites :stare:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

ive been ghosting this guy on showdown all night, his team is super good and he's pretty high ELO right now (~1600). i think some people here would like it, it has the grass owl, a registeel, and the railgun bug

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankou-488563545

is the bird av?

i did the calc and it doesn't look av

nvm i did it without the orb

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Dec 3, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ruggington posted:

is the bird av?

i assume so, i have no idea what else it would be. maybe colbur berry? i think av though

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
How has everyone been able to finish the main story so quickly? I've barely gotten to the second island after two weeks and only 7 hours in game.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Is talking about competitive stuff allowed? I'm kinda wanting to look for advice since I've never really done this before.

I like double battles a lot and since the game doesn't really satisfy that for me [Shoutouts to Gale of Darkness], I've been considering making some competitive pets.

Currently this is what I'm considering using, it seems pretty decent. http://pastebin.com/KVP09R52

I usually tend to avoid Legendaries or anything that cannot be bred, It feels like a handicap to me and also because I don't like most of them.

E: Don't know why Toxapex's Ability is "H". It's supposed to be Regenerator.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Dec 3, 2016

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

LEGO Genetics posted:

How has everyone been able to finish the main story so quickly? I've barely gotten to the second island after two weeks and only 7 hours in game.

that's less than half an hour a day

that means you probably have a life maybe

we don't

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

LEGO Genetics posted:

My in game timer is almost 60 hours and I'm on the third island. I'm not sure what's going on either.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There's a second chance Arceus giveaway in the gen 6 games. Use the code ARCEUS20

e: and Meloetta with no code

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Sockser posted:

Cant believe Nintendo expects me to collect 100 of these guys just to get some alternate forme or something

Yeah, it's pretty awesome.

Speaking of the Zygarde crew: I'd love some recommended natures for 10% and 50%. I want my own creations to be truly magnificent before I put them in a box and never look at them again :v:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Beast Ball progress: 33/156.

Turns out we're collectively less than half done :shepicide:

On the other hand, it's mostly the trash families nobody cares about. I literally can pick some up off GTS if I trade away more Castforms for the specific legendaries/UBs they want.

(tyb and Tornhelm, either of you going to be around tomorrow afternoonish? You two have the most things that I don't.)

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Mazerunner posted:

that's less than half an hour a day

that means you probably have a life maybe

we don't

I didn't know work counted as a life :v:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Beast Ball progress: 33/156.

Turns out we're collectively less than half done :shepicide:

On the other hand, it's mostly the trash families nobody cares about. I literally can pick some up off GTS if I trade away more Castforms for the specific legendaries/UBs they want.

Give it some time and we'll get there. For example I'd love to do beast ball + HA for Delibird and Smeargle, but I'm still finishing the story. Those thrash families and one-offs are probably a great starting point for anyone who wants to get into capturing Pokemon with handicapped (but snazzy looking) pokeballs.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Note Block posted:

I finally beat the game a couple hours ago, here was my fairy-filled final team:

From left to right we have: Aquamarine, Gidget, Hunny, Bubblegum, Pikaboo, and Yukimarimo.

You have an excellent taste in Pokémon.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Dizz posted:

Is talking about competitive stuff allowed? I'm kinda wanting to look for advice since I've never really done this before.

I like double battles a lot and since the game doesn't really satisfy that for me [Shoutouts to Gale of Darkness], I've been considering making some competitive pets.

Currently this is what I'm considering using, it seems pretty decent. http://pastebin.com/KVP09R52

I usually tend to avoid Legendaries or anything that cannot be bred, It feels like a handicap to me and also because I don't like most of them.

E: Don't know why Toxapex's Ability is "H". It's supposed to be Regenerator.

Competitive talk is allowed. People have been doing so in this thread.

Been trying to get through the Super Doubles format in the Battle Tree, and this team is putting in a really good performance.

code:
Alolan Raichu @Electrium Z
Nature: Modest
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/4 Sp.Def/252 Speed
-Thunder
-Psychic
-Protect
-Grass Knot

Pelipper @Wacan Berry
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp.Def
-U-turn
-Wide Guard
-Scald
-Hurricane

Tapu Koko @Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 HP/244 Atk/4 Def/4 Sp.Def/252 Speed
-Protect
-Wild Charge
-Brave Bird
-U-turn

Salamence @Salamencite
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/4 Def/4 Sp.Def/244 Speed
-Return
-Protect
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
A lot of my strategy revolves around getting Alolan Raichu in both rain and electric terrain, though it doesn't always work out that way. Generally I lead with both it and Pelipper. Raichu's pretty frail on the physical side, which makes it great at baiting the AI into going after it in those situations. Gave it an Electrium Z so it could just delete a Pokemon if I wanted one gone immediately. I would've given it a Life Orb, but the item clause doesn't allow that, and I wanted Tapu Koko to have it more. It does a pretty good job of being a front line attacker.

Pelipper hits surprisingly hard in the rain. I deliberately gimped its speed so it could win the weather wars a bit more easily, and the slow U-turns help in getting other members of my team out onto the field safely. Its slow speed also helps in case the AI successfully sets up Trick Room, in which case, I have at least one mon who can still act first. I mainly just focused on making it bulky and hard to take down, which is why I gave it a Wacan Berry to tank any stray electic attacks easier.

Tapu Koko is a nice pivot and does a decent job as a physical glass cannon. It does a good job of weakening or picking off weakened Pokemon since it's pretty fast.

Mega Salamence is still stupidly broken. Despite the Aerilate nerf, it's still really tanky and the change to Mega Evolution speed makes it even better since its not stuck at the base 100 speed tier on the first turn. It's been doing a good job as my backup sweeper, or in case I need a lot of physical power.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
thanks for the calm, 4IV shiny politoed, random person who i now love

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Has anyone tried out A-Persian yet? I'm not a fan of it's face but it sounds like it's surprisingly tanky with Fur Coat and could use Z Parting-Shot to do classic Persian's utility job a thousand times better.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The hardest part of competitive pokemon is using the pokemon you like without having a team that sucks.

Struggling to come up with an Alolan mon that is strong against Kartanna but can function on my sand storm team.

extra row of teeth posted:

Has anyone tried out A-Persian yet? I'm not a fan of it's face but it sounds like it's surprisingly tanky with Fur Coat and could use Z Parting-Shot to do classic Persian's utility job a thousand times better.

Its an annoying support. Relatively fast, tanky versus physical, and can still deal decent damage with foul play. I think Z-Parting Shot is a bit too finicky for 4v4 doubles though. Parting shot alone is good enough on a relatively fast pokemon anyways.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
i chained ribombees for about 90 minutes (67 or 68 of them) with the shiny charm and this is what i came out of it with :(

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Ruggington posted:

male popplio is good and Hatsune Mike is my best friend and most trusted ally

After a nap and 15 mintures of trying now I get a Mike and Miku now named Chase and Marie. Also got 10 extra 5IV Popplio. 5 of them I'm giving away for free if anybody wants one.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Aww yiss, get that Dratini factory running, I'd love one of those!

strap on revenge posted:

i chained ribombees for about 90 minutes (67 or 68 of them) with the shiny charm and this is what i came out of it with :(

Yeah, don't get your hopes up, I spent a whole day chaining with no shiny. Honestly breeding with Masuda method is most likely the best method to hunt for shinies. Also what up Ribombuddy, I'm currently trying to breed a shiny Cutiefly. :3

Note Block posted:

I took the liberty of freezing the left poke-column so those at the tail end of the sheet can still see the pokemon when they scroll to their column off in no mans land.

Cool, thanks! Didn't even know you could do that.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

(tyb and Tornhelm, either of you going to be around tomorrow afternoonish? You two have the most things that I don't.)

I'm in CET, but I'll be around for the next 15 hours or so.

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Dec 3, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

tyblazitar posted:

I'm in CET, but I'll be around for the next 15 hours or so.

Oh, hey. I'd love a Jolly Beldum for that Drampa I mentioned. I'm on the sheet but for the record: 2122-6401-8463, Alphakretin. Do you have a preference for egg or pre-hatched?

E: Actually I'm gonna have to hatch it to make sure I didn't mix it up with another egg. I can breed another if you really want, though.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

tyblazitar posted:

I'm currently trying to breed a shiny Cutiefly. :3

the silver lining is that the love ball worked on it

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

AlphaKretin posted:

Oh, hey. I'd love a Jolly Beldum for that Drampa I mentioned. I'm on the sheet but for the record: 2122-6401-8463, Alphakretin. Do you have a preference for egg or pre-hatched?

E: Actually I'm gonna have to hatch it to make sure I didn't mix it up with another egg. I can breed another if you really want, though.

I prefer hatched anyway, I'll be online in a minute!

EDIT: Thanks!

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Dec 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

tyblazitar posted:

I prefer hatched anyway, I'll be online in a minute!

EDIT: Thanks!

Thanks to you, too!