Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I guess what just frustrates me the most about the whole Perez thing is that holy hell he is super unqualified to be a party chair.

Teddy Spheres

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

RENEGADE CUCKSKY posted:

A lot of unions feel burned that they went against the wishes of their memberships to endorse Hillary.

the same thing happened again during the last AFL-CIO executive meeting, when they were given a choice of "Keith Ellison, No Endorsement, or Abstain" which in the wake of what had just happened was unbelievably dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Aurubin posted:

I guess what just frustrates me the most about the whole Perez thing is that holy hell he is super unqualified to be a party chair.

Teddy Spheres
what should bother you more is that he won't be able to defend unions if he's confirmed in since the DNC is requesting a *full time* position

seems like a pretty big obama/clinton move

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

but do you cum for unions losing legal battles against corporations and the koch brothers

obviously not

i also want ellison to win btw

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

it's especially stupid because afl-cio president richard trumka is friends with perez and had to know that he was considering a run.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

why does the obama faction of the democratic party have to be petulant children especially at a time like this

Because the democratic voters are not their primary constituency lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I've lived in the South and Oklahoma all my life, and Juggalos are the most progressive force in rural America. So you can shove your lovely attitude right up your rear end with the hatchet.

maybe the texas branch of juggalos didn't get the memo but I've only met one of them who was all painted up and poo poo and he was shouting about 'gooks' loving his food up at the chinese market which was a really weird place to see a juggalo and a really specific form of racism that he got wrong.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

what should bother you more is that he won't be able to defend unions if he's confirmed in since the DNC is requesting a *full time* position

um....he's not going to be labor secretary anymore when the dnc chair is elected

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Zikan posted:

it's especially stupid because afl-cio president richard trumka is friends with perez and had to know that he was considering a run.

Trumka has turned out to be a massive wet fart of a labor leader

we really need bold, strong leadership, and he is quickly proving to be a John Kerry or Al Gore kind of "leader." boring, uninspiring, and losing.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Zikan posted:

um....he's not going to be labor secretary anymore when the dnc chair is elected
his other occupation is a union lawyer though

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zikan posted:

dnc chair race update: tom perez gets endorsements of United Farm Workers and United Food and Commercial Workers International Union

probable neoliberals

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Aurubin posted:

Teddy Spheres

at least he's not a (checks notes helpfully provided by obama whitehouse) anti-Semitic communist muslim?

this can't be right

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Concerned Citizen posted:

i'm sorry for making jokes glyphgryph

i accept your apology concerned citizen

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

apparently the only union lawyer

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

they're not going to hold as much ground without his success rate tho

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
juggalos are fairly freaking ridiculous but most of it is intentional, and those Vice-style Ethnic Practices of the Gathering of the Juggalos pieces got pretty dumb after every single internet outlet in existence started doing one on the regular. so, like, whatever i guess.

i guess they roughed up Tila Tequila that one time, but the question arises of what genius decided it would be a good idea to put her on the lineup in the first place

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

maybe the texas branch of juggalos didn't get the memo but I've only met one of them who was all painted up and poo poo and he was shouting about 'gooks' loving his food up at the chinese market which was a really weird place to see a juggalo and a really specific form of racism that he got wrong.

there are enough juggalos still for them to be all different kinds of people and a lot of this lionization is just more weird score settling

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

it's a matter of wanting the dude in the best spot for him, you know this

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!

Oh Snapple! posted:

For some reason I'm not at all surprised that certain Democrats would rather stoop to voter suppression in lieu of actually giving a single solitary gently caress about other people.

Congratulations. You'll have more integrity than anyone else in the forced labor-camps and slop lines.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i've never heard of juggalos being racially integrated until now and from reading, they are among the biggest anti-racist groups in the south

imo they seem like cool people, like the illegal fireworks rednecks i live a couple dozen miles away from. sheltered motherfuckers in the cities are clownophobic

It's like a psuedo-cult for people with messed up families/social outcasts who like really really really bad music, usually they're good people, but because they are all welcoming, there's plenty of dipshits, including racists, sexists, homophobes, etc.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

His other occupation was a federal prosecutor. He's never specifically practiced labor law AFAIK

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i've never heard of juggalos being racially integrated until now and from reading, they are among the biggest anti-racist groups in the south

imo they seem like cool people, like the illegal fireworks rednecks i live a couple dozen miles away from. sheltered motherfuckers in the cities are clownophobic

The SPLC classified them as a hate group though. I mean, not that the SPLC are the arbiters of what is and isn't racist, but I have to wonder where that comes from.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ace of Baes posted:

It's like a psuedo-cult for people with messed up families/social outcasts who like really really really bad music, usually they're good people, but because they are all welcoming, there's plenty of dipshits, including racists, sexists, homophobes, etc.

nitecrew 4 life

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Ace of Baes posted:

yeah i figure, law of averages etc

it fascinates me because i never understood why my peers winced at the mere mention of juggalo or anything related so for a while i thought they had https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coulrophobia

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

paranoid randroid posted:

juggalos are fairly freaking ridiculous but most of it is intentional, and those Vice-style Ethnic Practices of the Gathering of the Juggalos pieces got pretty dumb after every single internet outlet in existence started doing one on the regular. so, like, whatever i guess.

i guess they roughed up Tila Tequila that one time, but the question arises of what genius decided it would be a good idea to put her on the lineup in the first place

They tend to have a weird obsession with violence and gore, graphically describing how if someone tried to attack (person they care about) they'd dismember them, rip out all of their intestines, etc. I guess it makes sense because of the music they like, but it usually comes off as really insecure or probably a response to childhood trauma.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Tila Tequila turned out to be a neo-nazi so honestly this just proves that Juggalos are so antifa that they can smell it

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Ace of Baes posted:

They tend to have a weird obsession with violence and gore, graphically describing how if someone tried to attack (person they care about) they'd dismember them, rip out all of their intestines, etc. I guess it makes sense because of the music they like, but it usually comes off as really insecure or probably a response to childhood trauma.

~*horrorcore*~

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean for 90% of people their only exposure to Juggalos is poo poo like the gathering ads that are like "WE GOT HELICOPTER RIDES AND BACK YARD WRESTLING" and if you're not gonna laugh at that I don't know what your deal is.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Segmentation Fault posted:

The SPLC classified them as a hate group though. I mean, not that the SPLC are the arbiters of what is and isn't racist, but I have to wonder where that comes from.

Probably because they worship a band that loves talking about mutiliating faggots and cutting up stupid bitches.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Oh Snapple! posted:

it's a matter of wanting the dude in the best spot for him, you know this

perez is plenty qualified to be chair and i don't think labor needs him in the courtroom. there are other great lawyers. i think, however, that he may be too vested in the way the dnc does things to be truly committed to carrying out the reforms needed to improve the party. if he's selected - fine, i think he will do some good stuff. but he isn't my first pick.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Segmentation Fault posted:

Tila Tequila turned out to be a racist to honestly this just proves that Juggalos are so antifa that they can smell it

in her defense, she had a brain aneurysm that hosed her up pretty bad, so its less "turned out to be a racist" and more "got a broken brain"

not to say she wasnt a racist beforehand, because i honestly dont know or care very much about Tila Tequilas views on things

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I mean for 90% of people their only exposure to Juggalos is poo poo like the gathering ads that are like "WE GOT HELICOPTER RIDES AND BACK YARD WRESTLING" and if you're not gonna laugh at that I don't know what your deal is.

The deal is that they both rule.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

The biggest disappointment for me personally when it comes to Democrats is the lack of introspection. If you lose a race, it's ALWAYS the candidate's fault. The other guy got more votes than you. Why? That's the operative question. And how it relates to what you could do differently. If there were external factors vow to fix them or ameliorate them, but don't blame the god drat electorate. That's how we ended up in this poo poo situation. That and neoliberalism

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!

GlyphGryph posted:

Nah.

Maybe it's just that when you're offered something or nothing, you take the something, even if it's probably going to gently caress everything up.

It's called hope motherfucker.

We just had an election where motherfucking Trump represented HOPE.

Maybe, just maybe, that's the fault of the politicians and not the "drooling idiots" who are at least smart enough to realize the status quo has been steadily loving them over.

And then got duped for someone who pretty much had "status quo" printed on a bunch of cheap baseball caps.

If people vote for a real estate tycoon with a well documented history of fraud because he represents "economic populism" then those people are gullible imbeciles.

Meanwhile, look at the make up of the state houses, county governments and US congress...tell me how all that fair play and high road bull poo poo has been working out for us?

The dems are done. Unless they can learn to use political skullduggery as well as the GOP, they are done.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

in her defense, she had a brain aneurysm that hosed her up pretty bad, so its less "turned out to be a racist" and more "got a broken brain"

not to say she wasnt a racist beforehand, because i honestly dont know or care very much about Tila Tequilas views on things

its hard exactly to classify her as anything but severely mentally ill because she literally believes she is the reincarnation of adolf hitler

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
we could spend a few more pages pondering the nobility of the common juggalo or maybe we can just kinda agree that even if they're not some kinda crazy hate group ICP has spent most of its history talking about how they ain't faggots and they'll cut your head off, and then made a weird hyper christ conversion, and their gatherings tend to involve breaking lightbulbs over each other and spraying cheap soda into the crowd and that's hilarious? You guys do know the weird lionizing is just as patronizing and gross as going the other way, right?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Chuck D is a juggalo btw, lol

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Tatum Girlparts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9y_2NbSu_E

The freshness awaits you.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I've lived in the South and Oklahoma all my life, and Juggalos are the most progressive force in rural America. So you can shove your lovely attitude right up your rear end with the hatchet.

That seems like damning faint priase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Tatum Girlparts posted:

we could spend a few more pages pondering the nobility of the common juggalo or maybe we can just kinda agree that even if they're not some kinda crazy hate group ICP has spent most of its history talking about how they ain't faggots and they'll cut your head off, and then made a weird hyper crist conversion, and their gatherings tend to involve breaking lightbulbs over each other and spraying cheap soda into the crowd and that's hilarious? You guys do know the weird lionizing is just as patronizing and gross as going the other way, right?
ahh cultural appropriation, that's an angle I haven't seen this thread taken before, thanks for the contribution :thumbsup:

• Locked thread