Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Logan: 3 claws per hand, all dorsal
Daken: 3 claws per hand, 2 dorsal, 1 palmar
X-23: 2 claws per hand, all dorsal, 1 claw per foot
Honey Badger: 1 claw per hand, dorsal
Bellona: 2 claws per hand, both dorsal
Zelda: No known claws
Kouen: 3 claws per hand, all dorsal
Jonathan: five per limb, one on each digit. Clearly the best at being the best at what he does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Looking forward to the inevitable Star Wars/X-Men crossover:

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

site posted:

I dont even think editorial knows, they had cool goth uncle daken in all new wolverine and lovely c-list angry villain daken in iceman running at the same time

I hope writers decide to ignore Daken's characterization in the Iceman series and just go for Cool Goth Uncle.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

Looking forward to the inevitable Star Wars/X-Men crossover:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

They should have him show up with the tattoo done really lovely sometime because his regular guy was overbooked, so he let the new guy at the shop take a crack at it because gently caress it, he's probably only going to have this arm for like a month anyway, right?

It's not like they're that good to begin with.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Endless Mike posted:

Did Daken's tattoos grow back with his arm?

Why not? Logan's hair grows back in the same style every time. If Daken's self-perception includes the tattoos, they could grow back, that's not even on the radar as far as ridiculous mutant powers goes.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It's not a tattoo, Daken got branded when he fought Lou-Gan The Undying and became the Immortal Wolverine

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

I think he mentions that he gets them redone every time.

They don't say it outright but

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'm imagining his showing up at a tattoo parlour carrying the severed arm for reference.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yoda is a dick.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

Yoda is a dick.

And this is why no matter what you think of the rest of the movie, if you dislike Yoda's scene in TLJ, you're wrong.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gaz-L posted:

And this is why no matter what you think of the rest of the movie, if you dislike Yoda's scene in TLJ, you're wrong.

Little puppet Yoda kicking his legs around as he laughed made me feel like a kid again :kiddo:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Would any of the wolverines even take to tattooing? Would the healing factor cause them to fade faster?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I've been binging on the Injustice comics. The first run was pretty good, but Injustice 2 is just so much more fun. I really enjoy the little threads they leave running through everything.

Injustice 2, Issue 34, after a small town got genocided by an Amazo.

Injustice 2, Issue 55, Hal Jordan on a prison world for murdering, amongst others, Guy Gardner.

Injustice 2, Issue 63, the first thing Lobo does after getting a Power Ring

And the second thing Lobo does after getting a Power Ring:

It's so much fun.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's wearing the ring on his tail! :3:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Synthbuttrange posted:

He's wearing the ring on his tail! :3:

For a second I thought you were talking about Lobo and got super confused

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

So I take it Injustice Dex-Starr's origin story isn't as adorably tragic and sad as the original one.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Did Dex-Starr ever get the guy who killed his owner?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wheat Loaf posted:

Did Dex-Starr ever get the guy who killed his owner?

Didn't he at the end of his origin story?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brute Squad posted:

Injustice 2, Issue 55, Hal Jordan on a prison world for murdering, amongst others, Guy Gardner.

I no longer consider this Injustice business to be acceptable fun. :colbert:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jerusalem posted:

Little puppet Yoda kicking his legs around as he laughed made me feel like a kid again :kiddo:

I was so happy to see him as a puppet instead of a horrible CG mess.

prefect posted:

Hey, it's better than Kyle Rayner, who got torn apart in space before he could even do anything. Although that was an incredibly meta moment, as Sinestro essentially gave a speech about how there's no room in a story this dark for a character like him.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jul 7, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Which is funny, because the plot of the Injustice 2 game is largely centred around Supergirl and how she's this naive, optimistic beacon of hope.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

prefect posted:

This way, he gets to live with Guy Gardner as his guilty conscious for the rest of his life. Commentating on everything that he does.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Brute Squad posted:

This way, he gets to live with Guy Gardner as his guilty conscious for the rest of his life. Commentating on everything that he does.

taking the Arkham Knight approach then. Which is good because that was a great mechanic.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

Hey, it's better than Kyle Rayner, who got torn apart in space before he could even do anything. Although that was an incredibly meta moment, as Sinestro essentially gave a speech about how there's no room in a story this dark for a character like him.

It was also meta in the sense that Kyle was flying home from space, excited to go see his girlfriend and yet he's the one who died horribly.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
So it was Kyle who got fridge'd?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MikeJF posted:

Didn't he at the end of his origin story?

I know he got the guys who put him in a sack and threw him over a bridge. As I recall, his origin story ended with the "I find who hurt you. I kill. I good kitty" bit, so he hadn't caught the guy.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wheat Loaf posted:

I know he got the guys who put him in a sack and threw him over a bridge. As I recall, his origin story ended with the "I find who hurt you. I kill. I good kitty" bit, so he hadn't caught the guy.

No tenses, though, and he's curled up on three skulls (only two threw him off the bridge) so I figured it was "I found who hurt you".

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Gavok posted:

It was also meta in the sense that Kyle was flying home from space, excited to go see his girlfriend and yet he's the one who died horribly.

depends who his girlfriend was in this universe, considering she was earth-based it's loving weird. More weird that he'd be going to earth anyway, he's been space locked for so long.

Also a 'Fridging' specifically refers to the killing of a character lacking in character traits for the sake of providing motivation for another character.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I was talking more about the time his girlfriend got killed and was, literally, shoved into a refrigerator

Unless that was another GL, gently caress knows having like five human green lanterns is confusing as hell

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I was talking more about the time his girlfriend got killed and was, literally, shoved into a refrigerator

Unless that was another GL, gently caress knows having like five human green lanterns is confusing as hell

No that was him, your comment just isn't applicable. Because he can't be "Fridged" if it's not to motivate someone else. That was the whole problem Gail Simone had with the death, that it was a character being killed to provide righteous motivation to another.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Besides, it happened in space. It's more like he was freezered.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I was trying to make a joke, not use the term in any capacity :shobon: an admittedly not very funny one, as I should've been asleep two hours ago

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MikeJF posted:

No tenses, though, and he's curled up on three skulls (only two threw him off the bridge) so I figured it was "I found who hurt you".

I hadn't realised there were three skulls, but that would clear it up.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

MikeJF posted:

I will forever consider this among the most heartwarming moments in comics.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ecavalli posted:

I will forever consider this among the most heartwarming moments in comics.

So did they when the napalm blood got to their hearts :v:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wheat Loaf posted:

I hadn't realised there were three skulls, but that would clear it up.

It's very background detail. Who knows if that's what's meant to be implied.

Dexter is a good kitty. :3:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It's amazing how popular Dex Starr became when he just started as the artist going "Haha. Here's my rear end in a top hat cat Dexter as a rage lantern."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Open Marriage Night posted:

It's amazing how popular Dex Starr became when he just started as the artist going "Haha. Here's my rear end in a top hat cat Dexter as a rage lantern."

People really like critters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I'm more surprised that every single cat isn't already a Red Lantern by default