Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
i like the new ghosts but saw someone call them happy meal toys and lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
They look like a waterproof shower speaker.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I dunno why they so rigidly stick to that 4 section theme for shells. Gimme a disembodied head or some weird little robot, like kinda whatever

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

echronorian posted:

I dunno why they so rigidly stick to that 4 section theme for shells. Gimme a disembodied head or some weird little robot, like kinda whatever

They made a ghost, but was kind of boring.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mango sentinel posted:

They look like a waterproof shower speaker.

or one of those hand-held simon games.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Tei posted:

They made a ghost, but was kind of boring.
It was still a normal ghost shell it just had a sheet over it

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Theres some rumour going around about the DLC#2.

I believe is false, because my own theory is different ( Caide = Rasputin), but I will share it here anyway:

Expansion 2 is apparently titled Heralds of Nezarec
The setting takes place on Enceladus, featuring a new destination, story campaign, and 3 strikes.
The storyline revolves around a massive ship that has crashed on Enceladus's Frigid Wastes, which has apparently released a dark force onto the planet.
Guardians will work alongside Ana Bray, as they attempt to find the source of the dark incursion.
Rasputin plays a major role in the expansion's story, as he is warring with this dark force on Enceladus.
Two new enemy races: Frames and Heralds
It seems as if an entity called Nezarec is the main antagonist of the expansion.
10 New story missions.
3 New strikes: Sanctum of Darkness, Bal'zoth's March, and Rasputin's Defense.
Enceladus's main environment takes place within the Frigid Wastes. Additionally, it seems as if Guardians will infiltrate the Herald's ship, known as "The Anomaly."
There's also a new raid lair within the Leviathan titled "Prison of Nightmares," taking place entirely within Calus's nightmare realm from the Leviathan raid. It seems as if we'll be facing Psion and Fallen enemies, with the final boss being Freeborn Otzot. The storyline seems to lead to the events of another major expansion, or Destiny 3. Based on what we've datamined, the expansion's storyline is definitely about the Darkness - which has come sooner rather than later.

So we will have frames has enemies, a new lair ..... and perhaps a new race? I don't see mention about Shavathon, but thats DLC#3, I think.

So youtuber video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-HA3qS7MDc

Tei fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 22, 2017

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Bought 15 dawning engrams last night and got a ton of cool poo poo, and all I had to do was grind at work for 40 minutes

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Congratulations on being incredibly dumb with your money.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

echronorian posted:

I dunno why they so rigidly stick to that 4 section theme for shells.

Gotta reuse the animation rig or they'll create a whole lot more work for themselves.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Congratulations on being incredibly dumb with your money.

I actually bought a 50 dollar silver bundle the day the game came out, this was just me BMFing the rest of it because they're probably going to change the reward structure really soon

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

deadwing posted:

Bought 15 dawning engrams last night and got a ton of cool poo poo, and all I had to do was grind at work for 40 minutes

"grind at work for 40 minutes" = drink beer and play Switch. I'm on to you!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

I believe is false, because my own theory is different ( Caide = Rasputin), but I will share it here anyway:

The setting takes place on Enceladus, featuring a new destination, story campaign, and 3 strikes.
The storyline revolves around a massive ship that has crashed on Enceladus's Frigid Wastes, which has apparently released a dark force onto the planet.
Guardians will work alongside Ana Bray, as they attempt to find the source of the dark incursion.
Rasputin plays a major role in the expansion's story, as he is warring with this dark force on Enceladus.
It seems as if an entity called Nezarec is the main antagonist of the expansion.
10 New story missions.
Enceladus's main environment takes place within the Frigid Wastes. Additionally, it seems as if Guardians will infiltrate the Herald's ship, known as "The Anomaly."
There's also a new raid lair within the Leviathan titled "Prison of Nightmares," taking place entirely within Calus's nightmare realm from the Leviathan raid. It seems as if we'll be facing Psion and Fallen enemies, with the final boss being Freeborn Otzot. The storyline seems to lead to the events of another major expansion, or Destiny 3. Based on what we've datamined, the expansion's storyline is definitely about the Darkness - which has come sooner rather than later.

So we will have frames has enemies, a new lair ..... and perhaps a new race? I don't see mention about Shavathon, but thats DLC#3, I think.

So youtuber video

Into it.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

10 Beers posted:

You're not wrong

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

10 Beers posted:

It’s Friday before christmas :lol: if you think anyone is actually working.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s Friday before christmas :lol: if you think anyone is actually working.

I'm working :saddowns:

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Shiiiit, the quest for Perfect Paradox legit feels cool and atmospheric and rad. drat, why can't we get more unique weapon quests like that?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Flytrap posted:

Shiiiit, the quest for Perfect Paradox legit feels cool and atmospheric and rad. drat, why can't we get more unique weapon quests like that?

And the gun isn't total poo poo! I know, it's sadly a highlight.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Tei posted:

10 New story missions.

So youtuber video

Weird, I saw this same info in the form of crappy jpgs on Facebook...

Wafflepost:

- Nezarec sounds like a Psion judging by the shape of his face
- Frames aren't a 'new' race!! They've been with us since the beginning...
- Frigid Wastes sound fun. Like a place to go mudding. It also at a glance sounds like it's something of a homage to The Borealis, which we may never see in this timeline.
- I remember Otzot from the Cabal Booklet from the Collector's Edition. I wonder if this means whether we will finally SUCCEED.
- Excited to talk to Ana Bray, she may answer a lot of questions I have
- It will also be good to hear from my favorite ballet fan again. Rasputin is a very clever machine
- Three strikes and a new play area will be welcome. "Wastes" evokes a very large, open area, which would be fun to Sparrow around in.
- Having three "zones" to the raid lair is going to be very interesting, as well. I don't THINK the Underbelly would allow for you to run them back-to-back, but...that would be crazy to seamlessly marathon all three raid sections.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 22, 2017

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I haven't watched the video but where does he say he got this info from?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I deleted literally every crap shader I owned last night. There were maybe two thousand or so in total and took almost perfectly the duration of THE BELKO EXPERIMENT to complete. Movie was mostly bunk but it was a good companion to the task.

Thanks for reading, LiveJournal!

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

cvnvcnv posted:

And the gun isn't total poo poo! I know, it's sadly a highlight.

I would have been genuinely sad if I went though all that setup for vendor trash. Thankfully it actually feels really good to use, definitely gonna Masterwork. Got my MW sword for PVP, and soon gonna have my MW Shotgun for PvP.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Waffle House posted:

Weird, I saw this same info in the form of crappy jpgs on Facebook...

Wafflepost:

- Frames aren't a 'new' race!! They've been with us since the beginning...
- Frigid Wastes sound fun. Like a place to go mudding. It also at a glance sounds like it's something of a homage to The Borealis, which we may never see in this timeline.
- I remember Otzot from the Cabal Booklet from the Collector's Edition. I wonder if this means whether we will finally SUCCEED.
- Excited to talk to Ana Bray, she may answer a lot of questions I have
- It will also be good to hear from my favorite ballet fan again. Rasputin is a very clever machine
- Three strikes and a new play area will be welcome. "Wastes" evokes a very large, open area, which would be fun to Sparrow around in.
- Having three "zones" to the raid lair is going to be very interesting, as well. I don't THINK the Underbelly would allow for you to run them back-to-back, but...that would be crazy to seamlessly marathon all three raid sections.

I'm gonna be a little cheesed if the frames are only enemies because they have to make Rasputin be against you too. LET ME WORK WITH THE BADASS KILLER MACHINE AI BUNGIE WHY WILL YOU NOT LET ME HAVE THIS.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Inspector_666 posted:

I'm gonna be a little cheesed if the frames are only enemies because they have to make Rasputin be against you too. LET ME WORK WITH THE BADASS KILLER MACHINE AI BUNGIE WHY WILL YOU NOT LET ME HAVE THIS.

I think we're going to see our first of the Pyramid People.

Also, on Rasputin: I imagine that after a certain amount of time spent as an omniscient god-intellect probing the secrets of reality's fabric, whether you're manmade or otherwise, your prior "contemporary" understanding of morality structures/reality gets formatted in lieu of learning a whole new set of ballgames. We Guardians are but tools for physical violence, and the Ballet Fan's bets are currently hedged on things we likely don't understand yet, because he can see much, much further than we can with our little immortal eyes.

He has his own rules and games he's playing by as he grows stronger again.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Waffle House posted:

Also, on Rasputin: I imagine that after a certain amount of time spent as an omniscient god-intellect probing the secrets of reality's fabric, whether you're manmade or otherwise, your prior "contemporary" understanding of morality structures/reality gets formatted in lieu of learning a whole new set of ballgames. We Guardians are but tools for physical violence, and the Ballet Fan's bets are currently hedged on things we likely don't understand yet, because he can see much, much further than we can with our little immortal eyes.

I'm fine with that. I want him to grow corpulent with strength, just like, John Goodman at his fattest, fused to the couch, strong.

But don't try to kill me when the Fallen are all up in your core poking poo poo and I'm trying to clear them out, OK dude?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Waffle House posted:

Pretty sure he's on our side still. After we connected the Io warmind vault to the network and scanned the all-mighty he realised he can't just sit there doing nothing because the whole solar system almost got nuked. There can be no peace by pretending there is no war.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Pretty sure he's on our side still. After we connected the Io warmind vault to the network and scanned the all-mighty he realised he can't just sit there doing nothing because the whole solar system almost got nuked. There can be no peace by pretending there is no war.

Unquestionably still on our side, but he still has his own self-preservation subroutines to indulge. Plus, we are incredibly, no, shamelessly disposable assets.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/944027342296322048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

If you know anyone who owns an XBone and is on the fence about Destiny 2, it's $35 dollars with the expansion pass... edit: scratch that gift card, you just get Microsoft funbux to pay for the expansion pass... or not, if you use it for something else.

This is normal and a sign of a healthy game. :stare:

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 22, 2017

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Waffle House posted:

Unquestionably still on our side, but he still has his own self-preservation subroutines to indulge. Plus, we are incredibly, no, shamelessly disposable assets.

This is the latest stuff we have on our friendly warmind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jARntD4auo

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
That expansion sounds really cool, but I want more hive. They're underrepresented in D2. Is there even a hive raid? I can't remember.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Father Wendigo posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/944027342296322048?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

If you know anyone who owns an XBone and is on the fence about Destiny 2, it's $35 dollars with the expansion pass... edit: scratch that gift card, you just get Microsoft funbux to pay for the expansion pass... or not, if you use it for something else.

This is normal and a sign of a healthy game. :stare:

It's also Christmas

Mango Polo posted:

This is the latest stuff we have on our friendly warmind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jARntD4auo

Hahahahahaha. That Ballet Fan is a card, I love him. Do you like the Petrushka chord, Mango Polo?:

http://www.ishtar-collective.net/transcripts/ghost-scan-bunker-door

quote:

Ghost: Cayde, your bypass codes aren't getting us through these doors.
Cayde-6: Omnigul's screams have already been silenced. There's nothing in there but bad memories.
Eris Morn: Rasputin will give only what you need. Nothing more.
Cayde-6: Don't worry. The good stuff is below you. Keep moving.

echronorian posted:

That expansion sounds really cool, but I want more hive. They're underrepresented in D2. Is there even a hive raid? I can't remember.

We'll probably be seeing a LOT more of Savathun in the whole of the D2 arc from the looks of it.
We wrecked her brothersister's face so hard in D1 that its corpse probably still has spin impulse on it from my Celestial Nighthawk's impact as it sinks into the gas eddies of Saturn proper.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Dec 22, 2017

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No more Hive content please. They got 2 expansions in Destiny 1 and a supporting role in a third.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I want to believe they're going to deliver a Taken King level of content for XP2 but I also remember House of Wolves.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I liked crawling thru the dark and fighting them but I guess I could play D1 again like some sorta idiot

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Remember how house of wolves made it fun to do patrol-like stuff in a six man? Good thing they made that a reality in later expansions

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Waffle House posted:

We'll probably be seeing a LOT more of Savathun in the whole of the D2 arc from the looks of it.
We wrecked her brothersister's face so hard in D1 that its corpse probably still has spin impulse on it from my Celestial Nighthawk's impact as it sinks into the gas eddies of Saturn proper.

Might also see something about Nokris, who/which seems to be Eris' current obsession.

haveblue posted:

No more Hive content please. They got 2 expansions in Destiny 1 and a supporting role in a third.

If given the D2 Cabal treatment they could feel pretty fresh again.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I haven't spent a cent in D2 micro transactions and I've enjoyed basically everything the game has to offer. I'm literally overflowing with unused shaders and cosmetic mods on two characters. The only thing I find remotely tedious is looping public areas for materials and chest drops for Mercury weapons.

How the gently caress are people so butthurt about Eververse? Just :dontbuy:

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

So far all my Masterworks have been SMGs and Grenade Launchers and it is like being punched in the rear end by the Gunsmith.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Waffle House posted:

Wafflepost:

Can't really be a Psion, because the fluff text on the Nezarec helmet is from a pre-golden age text. The Cabal had not yet met humanity at that point, AFAIK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

strangemusic posted:

How the gently caress are people so butthurt about Eververse? Just :dontbuy:

It's indirectly responsible for a lot of the things that feel like steps down from Destiny 1.

Also "literally overflowing" is a bad place to be and it's going to get really annoying before too long.