Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Hey, it's that guy.

I mean, it makes perfect sense in this world that there would be a psychopomp that is just straight up the grim reaper. Never seen him in a huge-brimmed floppy sun hat before though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Looks like pretty much a direct hit. So did Jones somehow know a bomb was going to land on that exact spot?

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

:smith: The saddest Gunnerkrigg chapter

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Makes sense, plain old modernish London Brit gets a grim reaper.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh phew, Mort's okay. The guy behind him lost all his flesh though

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!
Oh neat, it's Ankou. Makes sense since this is in Britain. http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=155

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Waiting for the inevitable 360 noscope dubstep video.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Filthy Haiku posted:

Has anyone taken drunk Annie yet? I want to scoop it up after work once I can think of some text.

Taken

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW

Fecha posted:

I mean, it makes perfect sense in this world that there would be a psychopomp that is just straight up the grim reaper. Never seen him in a huge-brimmed floppy sun hat before though.

It does wonders for his complexion.

Kennel posted:

It's little too big for an avatar.
Oh! Thank you!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Aww. Jones lost her hair clip and is searching it now. It was probably important to her. :smith:
And I guess some boy died.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Air is lava! posted:

And I guess some boy died.

Well he was a ghost all along anyway.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Aw damnit Jones you were suposed to catch it!

Also the amount of detail put into Jones' face in that 5th panel is amazing. I know this is pretty usual for Tom, but for some reason it JUST hit me.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Mar 19, 2014

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
I have been wondering, these last few pages: does Jones know about the psychopomps? Has she ever interacted with them, especially given her age?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Eglamore looks awful weird in that panel. Why's he got such a nasty look on his face?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Axiem posted:

I have been wondering, these last few pages: does Jones know about the psychopomps? Has she ever interacted with them, especially given her age?

We've seen psychopomps choose to appear in front of people (Kat and Ketrak), but I don't know if Jones would have the ability to see the psychopomps if they are wholly of the ether. Jones can see and interact with Coyote, Ysengrin, and Reynard, but I don't know if those guys would count as similar enough to psychopomps to be transferable.

Did Jones indicate that she understood the etheric party that was happening in the Foley classroom? That might help determine if she was capable of communication with them.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm sure Jones is aware of psychopomps and and the etherial party in the fairy room, but I doubt she's ever seen one or even could.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

ChairMaster posted:

I'm sure Jones is aware of psychopomps and and the etherial party in the fairy room, but I doubt she's ever seen one or even could.

On the other hand, I'm wondering if THEY see her. She has no etheric connection after all.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Kikas posted:

On the other hand, I'm wondering if THEY see her. She has no etheric connection after all.

Why wouldn't they? She's just a rock.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yea they can see beds and doors and stuff.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
E...Eglamore? :ohdear:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

There's a particular psychopomp that exists only for Jones. He's pretty bored.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Maybe Jones is her own psychopomp! :downs:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

ChairMaster posted:

Yea they can see beds and doors and stuff.

Are you sure? :tinfoil:

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
Jones still has clothes after being blown up by a bomb, immersion ruined.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Maybe Jones is her own psychopomp! :downs:

Psychopomps were killed in the last chapter though.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

HoboNews posted:

Jones still has clothes after being blown up by a bomb, immersion ruined.

She took cover behind Mort.

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones

Cat Mattress posted:

She took cover behind Mort.

"Don't want to mess up my Sunday brights..." (That's a thing British people say right?)

fake edit: I just noticed that her clothes are actually pretty messed up, in the 3rd panel the right side seems to be torn, if not gone...

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Maybe part of her 'situation' is always having period-accurate attire. Hence her lack thereof in the prehistoric eras.

Probably just Tom's choice though.

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 19, 2014

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Hey, when the Mythbusters tried to knock their crash test dummy's socks off with an explosion, it took quite a bit to get them to even move. Assuming the bomb was mostly explosive force and not a massive fireball that would incinerate clothing, it's at least reasonable to assume that Jones wouldn't suddenly be nude. Plus then Tom would have to keep drawing awkward chest high rubble to keep the comic family friendly. I'm willing to suspend disbelief enough to allow for clothing. Unless the Germans were dropping nude bombs, that is.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Most of the destructive power of bombs like that is concussive, not incendiary.

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones

My God... If the Germans got their hands on that tech... Not even Jones would be safe.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Maybe... maybe Jones is Earth's Psychopomp :aaa:

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Yeah, I figured somebody would compain about the clothes remaining intact enough to cover her bits, but it's not like all bombs just shred and torch everything. Most of them kill people through concussive pressure, not being burned. So anything that's brittle (buildings, armor, bones) gets smashed apart, but stuff like fabric will take most of their damage from flying debris. That looks like what happened to her clothes.

And of course there's the fact that it's not a comic that has nudity, so her clothes are gonna find some way to stay on.

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
Got it, concussion = clothes, incendiary = no clothes

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
drat, that kid. He gets killed and he asks if the other person is all right. :unsmith:

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

HoboNews posted:

Got it, concussion = clothes, incendiary = no clothes

I'm with you. If Charlie Brown loses a shoe when he gets hit with a baseball, I'm pretty sure Jones loses every article of clothing from a bomb.

But her clothes are made from the same material as She-Hulk's costume.
The Comics Code

Roger Tangerines
Apr 15, 2013

by Debbie Metallica
can we all quit talking about naked jones like the saddest nerds imaginable

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Tom, you'll make a fortune if you start selling Jones body pillows.

e: might as well include diego while you're at it :heysexy:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

dyzzy posted:

Tom, you'll make a fortune if you start selling Jones body pillows.

Made of stone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Clearly the real money is in Mort bodypillow cases. :v:

e: :ghost:

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 19, 2014