Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Grittybeard posted:

^^--Probably the undercard starts then? Which would be the only thing worth watching, I completely forgot Cotto is fighting and it's one of his last fights.

No. Undercard starts even earlier. 9PM EST for the main event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

If anything great happens anyway there will be roughly 1 billion gifs / mp4's of it online within minutes.

Spoiler: This won't happen.

Well it might happen, but it won't be anything great.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Gritty, you had me questioning myself hah. Here is what I found...

Mayweather vs. McGregor viewing information
Date: Saturday, Aug. 26
Time: 6 p.m. ET (prelims) | 9 p.m. ET (main card)

Usually they are later though so :shrug:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I was just going by when fights usually happen without looking anything up.

Although I'll note that if it actually does start at 9 eastern that means that's when they start the ring walks, which might be particularly time consuming and annoying tonight.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm hoping this turns out like the last Rousey fight and I can watch the whole thing in a 2:20 twitter video anyway

like who the gently caress things Macgregor can win

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Spoeank posted:

like who the gently caress things Macgregor can win
white people

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I was just going by when fights usually happen without looking anything up.

Although I'll note that if it actually does start at 9 eastern that means that's when they start the ring walks, which might be particularly time consuming and annoying tonight.

Yeah, I hear ya. I was surprised when I saw the times as well. You are right though, 9PM ring time means that they probably won't throw punches til at least 930.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This says it better than I did.

thehappyprince posted:

lol at ufc fans naively thinking boxing events run on any kind of reliable time schedule just because that happens in the ufc and could also be done in boxing 😂🤣

You just know the general day a fight is happening with boxing, and then sit around forever waiting for it to happen.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

This says it better than I did.

You just know the general day a fight is happening with boxing, and then sit around forever waiting for it to happen.

Yeah. Not to mention even if you did pop in late, you would still have 10 rounds of boring boxing to watch so there's that...

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Spoeank posted:

h*ck yes your yard is amazing

Holy crap it took 3+ hours to do lol

I gotta get a bigger and gas powered mower

Edit front is bigger

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That seems like a yuge yard for an electric mower. Goondolences.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ehud posted:

Holy crap it took 3+ hours to do lol

Edit front is bigger

Jesus Christ I couldn't imagine mowing all that poo poo. Luckily large properties in California cities are a pipe dream so I have a little dog run and a front yard and that's it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

I got you buddy.

I was going to link one of their commercials that uses ridiculously over the top sex appeal to sell mowers but somehow this one is better. It's a pump up video for a lawn mower that's just totally focused on the machine itself.

e: This is a goddamned love letter to a lawn mower.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 26, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Spoeank posted:

Jesus Christ I couldn't imagine mowing all that poo poo. Luckily large properties in California cities are a pipe dream so I have a little dog run and a front yard and that's it.

Yeah that's kind of how it is where we lived in the city proper, but we moved out a ways because we wanted more room and more house for way less $$$

But yeah my old hard battery mower was awesome when I had less grass.

weird Asian candy posted:

That seems like a yuge yard for an electric mower. Goondolences.

My brother was asking if I wanted a gas powered mower as a house warming gift. I think he may be on to something

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Chichevache posted:

Because he left work early, which is against company policy. :wtc:

Congratulations on being a piece of poo poo

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jota posted:

Congratulations on being a piece of poo poo

Hey, thems the union rules. He should have waited until his shift was over before needing to have an organ removed. He's almost 70, he should know better than that by now.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Grittybeard posted:

I got you buddy.

I was going to link one of their commercials that uses ridiculously over the top sex appeal to sell mowers but somehow this one is better. It's a pump up video for a lawn mower that's just totally focused on the machine itself.

e: This is a goddamned love letter to a lawn mower.

Anyone with a lawn large enough that a riding mower isn't completely ridiculous to own should be shot.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Skwirl posted:

Anyone with a lawn large enough that a riding mower isn't completely ridiculous to own should be shot.

It's utterly ridiculous. The only way owning a mower like that makes sense is if you own a landscaping company. And yet I've talked to actual people who want something like that if they save up enough money.

Our lawns are generally bigger around the midwest though. The only problem is you live in the midwest.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
My family once owned a riding mower but that was when we lived in Winchester on a street that was supposed to be turned into a huge garden home neighborhood but they ended up only building 3 houses on it

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Chichevache posted:

Hey, thems the union rules. He should have waited until his shift was over before needing to have an organ removed. He's almost 70, he should know better than that by now.

You are trash.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

That is the most epic lawnmower commercial I've ever seen. My lot is like half an acre, so I think I'll be good with a nice gas powered mower.

I love my electric. It's amazing to never have to do maintenance, screw around with gas and oil and filters, but it's so narrow and the batteries simply do not last long enough for the new yard.

Also I would feel like a fat idiot if I had a riding mower.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Raku posted:

My family once owned a riding mower but that was when we lived in Winchester on a street that was supposed to be turned into a huge garden home neighborhood but they ended up only building 3 houses on it

When I was a kid we lived in a rental where the landlord left a commercial grade zero turn mower in our carport. It looked like it hadn't been used in years. My uncle lived up the street from us and he made it his mission to get it running again. After a day of work it started up and oh my god it was fast.

Seriously. You could lift the blade up and do donuts in the yard. I can't figure out why a mower would ever need to be that fast.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Jota posted:

You are trash.

No, the guy in question should have pushed for his union rep to negotiate a better contract

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I like lawn mowers too

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I like lawn mowers too

Remember when Tim raced bob Vila but Tim's mower had a jet engine lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Lol my dirt poor inlaws in iowa have a riding mower because nobody wants to live in bumfuck iowa so they have like half the state and their mortgage is a nickel. They legitimately need it.

Not everywhere is as hosed up as the west coast in regards to property ownership, skwirl

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

When I was a kid we lived in a rental where the landlord left a commercial grade zero turn mower in our carport. It looked like it hadn't been used in years. My uncle lived up the street from us and he made it his mission to get it running again. After a day of work it started up and oh my god it was fast.

Seriously. You could lift the blade up and do donuts in the yard. I can't figure out why a mower would ever need to be that fast.

answer: so you can do all your yardwork at halftime

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Spoeank posted:

Not everywhere is as hosed up as the west coast in regards to property ownership, skwirl

Yeah some of us live in places where you can get a big chunk of land on a modest budget :shrug:

I like looking at Zillow for San Francisco. I can't believe anyone lives there.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Ehud posted:

Yeah some of us live in places where you can get a big chunk of land on a modest budget :shrug:

I like looking at Zillow for San Francisco. I can't believe anyone lives there.

Florida is fun to look at too, you can see the same coastside mini-mansions that are like 10 million in the big areas for like a fifth of the price 10 miles down the coast.

Also one time I was bouncing back and forth between Alabama and Canada. How does a country with so much land and so little people cost so much to live in?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Riders own, gently caress the haters

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Skwirl posted:

Lol you mean "60%" of the us then?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I grew up on a place with 5 acres of land, it wasn't until I turned 14 that my parents finally sprung for a riding lawnmower. It would normally take an hour and a half to mow our main lawn with a push mower. It got moved down to 15 minutes with the rider. And that's not counting the brush my parents made me mow.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I used to do greenskeeping and those bigass fairway mowers were fun as poo poo. Greens mowers cut so little grass and you wind up with green dust everywhere. Best summer job.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Everyone should own a riding mower, even people who don't have yards

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

seiferguy posted:

I grew up on a place with 5 acres of land, it wasn't until I turned 14 that my parents finally sprung for a riding lawnmower. It would normally take an hour and a half to mow our main lawn with a push mower. It got moved down to 15 minutes with the rider. And that's not counting the brush my parents made me mow.

Does that 90 minutes to do it by hand include emptying the grass bag, or did you leave it on the ground? Because I'm not ruling it out that me taking 90 minutes to mow my 0.5 acre lawn growing up was due to severe laziness, but still.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I was thinking of using nfl2go this season but gently caress if I want to mess around with bitcoin... What's the best way to buy a tiny portion of a bitcoin?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Intruder posted:

I was thinking of using nfl2go this season but gently caress if I want to mess around with bitcoin... What's the best way to buy a tiny portion of a bitcoin?

Ctrl+F "Self Respect"
Delete

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

coinbase.

link a credit card.

takes like 2 seconds and you don't have to feel like a nerd again for another year.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Im gonna see if my friend wants to be dumb with me and go to a sports bar and watch terrible poo poo happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lol you mean "60%" of the us then?

If the shoe fits.

Edit: show me proof 60% of the country lives in houses where the lawn is large enough a riding mower isn't a ridiculous expense.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Aug 26, 2017

• Locked thread