Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My bet is that Scar first form will be dungeon boss and his second form will be the trial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/ONTHEBIGBRIDGE/status/1558078539387195392

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Patch site is updated, some more Abyssos shots including the two I posted earlier. Bosses are spoiled.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

In the trailer I thought that first one was Eric

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The weird part is that, if that's Eric's mom, then she's probably not the leg finale. And definitely isn't the whole raid series finale. So what the hell is?

(I'm putting all my chips on 'Themis, somehow'; the fact I don't have any idea how it could happen is just further evidence.)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Battle 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I maintain that this family drama is playing out while A Horror lurks in the background.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

mama it's exdeath (real)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Better breakdown of the sets shown off in the live letter.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Vitamean posted:

mama it's exdeath (real)

Cool as hell, and extremely Final Fantasy. This game owns.

Cleretic posted:

The weird part is that, if that's Eric's mom, then she's probably not the leg finale. And definitely isn't the whole raid series finale. So what the hell is?

(I'm putting all my chips on 'Themis, somehow'; the fact I don't have any idea how it could happen is just further evidence.)

We have Carbuncle, Eric's Mom, the Tree Thing, and then (???) for the last boss right? I suppose the easy guess is Lahabrea's rampant aspect from the patch art

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Lopporites dancing on a stage in the trailer got me singing Real Emotion

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Super No Vacancy posted:

Battle 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Does the new reaper character have a name?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Zenos viator Galvus (no relation)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

So anyway looking at the trailer again, the Scar fight's got five people shown at once, so it's definitely the trial if there was any doubt - Meteor, The New Reaper shown above, Y'shtola, Estinien, and Varshahn. Varshahn is tanking in the trial with sword and shield, but you can see later in the video part of the dungeon, and Varshahn has a spear there (also, in the dungeon part they're fighting the same person that Scar drops down and stabs at the beginning of the video). So, absent any surprises, it looks like for Duty Support, Y'shtola will be Healer/DPS, Varshan will be Tank/DPS, and Estinien of course is DPS. Probably just DPS for the New Reaper, too.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I think one of the other live letters said the Ascian sigil mask thing was a power limiter that the convocation uses... for reasons. So Lahabrea appears to break his in the trailer. So something has him wanting to not hold back in a way not even Emet and Elidibus were willing to do. Which is impressive considering they were fighting for their lives at the end.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Hogama posted:

Better breakdown of the sets shown off in the live letter.

Not gender locked short shorts AGAIN

Although I guess when they put out the varsity gear the previews had it look gender locked even though it isn’t…I can hope

Badger of Basra fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 12, 2022

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

ancient tree person thing

cant believe raktika was Laheebrea's work all along

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Really clever of them to roll the three trials that would go to a separate story together with the .3 trial into the MSQ to give us the full four fiends.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Argas posted:

ancient tree person thing

cant believe raktika was Laheebrea's work all along

If other Pandaemonium bosses are prototypes of things we'd see in the present day, I wonder if the tree-boss is a proto-Sephirot?

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
Is the sound mixing for speech on the 6.2 trailer bad for anyone else or is it just me?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Hogama posted:

So anyway looking at the trailer again, the Scar fight's got five people shown at once, so it's definitely the trial if there was any doubt - Meteor, The New Reaper shown above, Y'shtola, Estinien, and Varshahn. Varshahn is tanking in the trial with sword and shield, but you can see later in the video part of the dungeon, and Varshahn has a spear there (also, in the dungeon part they're fighting the same person that Scar drops down and stabs at the beginning of the video). So, absent any surprises, it looks like for Duty Support, Y'shtola will be Healer/DPS, Varshan will be Tank/DPS, and Estinien of course is DPS. Probably just DPS for the New Reaper, too.

The way the reaper is moving makes her look like she's part of the fight ant not a party member - you can see at 1:11 she kills an add, making a safe space before jumping to another . That's not a thing a reaper can do normally. and the way its animated is too smooth for how herky-jerky trusts are. You also only see the party and her in the Scarmiglione fight, never eight people. I'm pretty sure that means they're the dungeon boss like how Genbu was the only one of the Four Lords who was one.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Does the new reaper character have a name?

it's almost definitely going to be Azdaja remote piloting a body like her little brother. It's the only way it makes sense for someone still human shaped to be hanging out in the Void.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 12, 2022

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

The way the reaper is moving makes her look like she's part of the fight ant not a party member - you can see at 1:11 she kills an add, making a safe space before jumping to another . That's not a thing a reaper can do normally. and the way its animated is too smooth for how herky-jerky trusts are. You also only see the party and her in the Scarmiglione fight, never eight people. I'm pretty sure that means they're the dungeon boss like how Genbu was the only one of the Four Lords who was one.
That still leaves two tanks in the fight, and Varshahn's DPS job uses a spear. How dare they run a premade. :v:

Something else about the trailer that's curious, though:
The crystal in old man Lahabrea's hand. We've seen it before, but it was a different color then. More like the unmarked crystal that we got asked to figure out which sent us on the whole trip in the first place.

...and in comparing screenshots, I realized Professor Claudien, party to whom the crystal basically appeared out of nowhere, is basically Ericthonios with a different hairstyle. :downs:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Old Man Lahabrea's constellation crystal is the wrong color. The one we find on The First is similar to the one in the box. It could simply be a DIFFERENT one.

My thought is that he put a memory in the crystal and erased it from himself with Kyros, which might explain crazy young Lahabrea in chains. ... He tried to change himself, perhaps to fit in, and now his old self is intruding again.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

it's almost definitely going to be Azdaja remote piloting a body like her little brother. It's the only way it makes sense for someone still human shaped to be hanging out in the Void.

Her description didn't make it sound like that, actually. Azdaja wouldn't have known the Void when it was a normal world.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Hogama posted:

That still leaves two tanks in the fight, and Varshahn's DPS job uses a spear. How dare they run a premade. :v:

That I don't have a good answer for, but I maintain the rest of my theory.

Plus they've never blown a secret trial in the trailer before and I don't think they'd start now.

Jetrauben posted:

Her description didn't make it sound like that, actually. Azdaja wouldn't have known the Void when it was a normal world.

I didn't get the impression she was talking as if she'd seen it, just that she knew that's how the world once was.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

That I don't have a good answer for, but I maintain the rest of my theory.
Could just be a Scarmiglione Round 2 fight again.

The fight we see in the trailer is based on the cloaked form concept art (the tiny flowers and sword and all).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Gearhead posted:

Old Man Lahabrea's constellation crystal is the wrong color. The one we find on The First is similar to the one in the box. It could simply be a DIFFERENT one.

My thought is that he put a memory in the crystal and erased it from himself with Kyros, which might explain crazy young Lahabrea in chains. ... He tried to change himself, perhaps to fit in, and now his old self is intruding again.

Wasn’t Kairos created by Hermes?

Some people apparently think the Reaper lady looks like the default female WoL from 1.0 and might be the Thirteenth’s shard of Azem’s soul like Ardbert was the First’s.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
Another interesting bit: the Void Ark pirates return again?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Some people apparently think the Reaper lady looks like the default female WoL from 1.0 and might be the Thirteenth’s shard of Azem’s soul like Ardbert was the First’s.

Compared to the rest of the void, she's the Meatier Survivor?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I hope not, the WoL/Azem has been sucked off enough already, we don't need to be the superhero of every single shard we visit

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

No Dignity posted:

I hope not, the WoL/Azem has been sucked off enough already, we don't need to be the superhero of every single shard we visit

I mean yes we do. That is the point of visiting them. To do heroics.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I mean yes we do. That is the point of visiting them. To do heroics.

The other uses!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Was there any indication of how far you need to be in the MSQ to unlock Island Sanctuary?

Fake Edit: I almost posted "Was there any indication of how far you need to be in the MSQ to unlock the main story?" like I'm Art loving Donovan at KotR '94.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

They weren’t a very successful hero if their world fell to darkness. :v: Unukhali (probably butchered the spelling) did say something along the lines of their greatest hero was kinda anti-social and tried to solve everything themself instead of work with others.

An edgy reaper lady might fit that mold.

She’s also totally Zenos Former Enshroud

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Jetrauben posted:

Another interesting bit: the Void Ark pirates return again?

This is probably just Tataru's story, since the Mhach raids are a prereq.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

SirPhoebos posted:

Was there any indication of how far you need to be in the MSQ to unlock Island Sanctuary?

Fake Edit: I almost posted "Was there any indication of how far you need to be in the MSQ to unlock the main story?" like I'm Art loving Donovan at KotR '94.

Pretty sure they said completed 6.0.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Could be something Hermes improved on. Even modern people can use memory wipe magics. I have this nagging feeling that 'Emet-Selch didn't know his coworkers as well as he thought he did.' is going to be A Thing.

Vogelspinne
Dec 16, 2010

Badger of Basra posted:

Not gender locked short shorts AGAIN

Although I guess when they put out the varsity gear the previews had it look gender locked even though it isn’t…I can hope

I saw some tweets saying that they're not genderlocked with screenshots showing them as two separate items with no gender lock delineation. Rejoice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Some more thoughts:

The trailer shows Proto-Carbuncle in two different locations, and it looks like a transition cutscene attack in the second appearance (that's where YoshiP was starting the fight during the stream), so we probably break through at that point.

The new non-Convocation Ancient we see briefly seems like as not to be the unmasked boss fused with the alien bits, in a continuation of Hesperos making himself a Dracula - hair's a bit different, though the changes could be due to the process. Even if not, it's possible that neither is Athena, given Lahabrea's pronouncement of "see[ing his] wish fulfilled" (even if that's not necessarily after that particular fight). Plenty of opportunity to save her for the final tier, though.

I'm not sure if I've seen that background scene that's in a few scenes including the one with the new Ancient, though. Doesn't seem to map to the arenas we have and it's got, like, a bunch tubes and possibly a holding container that some other tubes lead to. Could be part of the unrevealed P8.