Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While I would like a new movie this won't be too bad since they usually re-write the riffs for any new release. Like when they did the last live shorts thing they had a couple of ones they had done before and they did have a slightly different script.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3326193

Lowtax is doing a couple of short films for this like the first one. Which is good as I really liked them. It looks like they're making it more of an event like the first one instead of more low key like the Christmas themed live event.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
http://woot.com/

Check this out, if I had the dough I'd buy the gently caress out of this immediately.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 12 DVD Package with Limited Edition Figurine
$69.99

* + $5 shipping

Condition:
New
Products:
1 Shout Factory 11514 MST 3000 XVI - 4 DVD Box Set LE
1 Shout Factory 11677 MST 3000 XVII - 4 DVD Box Set
1 Shout Factory 11973 MST 3000 XVIII - 4 DVD Box Set

I want a Servo figurine. :smith:

Box Set Bonus Features:
* 4 Exclusive MST3K Mini-Posters By Artist Steve Vance
* Limited-Edition 4" (H) X 2" (W) X 2" (D) "Tom Servo" Plastic Figurine

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Paradox Personified posted:

http://woot.com/

Check this out, if I had the dough I'd buy the gently caress out of this immediately.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 12 DVD Package with Limited Edition Figurine
$69.99

* + $5 shipping

Condition:
New
Products:
1 Shout Factory 11514 MST 3000 XVI - 4 DVD Box Set LE
1 Shout Factory 11677 MST 3000 XVII - 4 DVD Box Set
1 Shout Factory 11973 MST 3000 XVIII - 4 DVD Box Set

I want a Servo figurine. :smith:

Box Set Bonus Features:
* 4 Exclusive MST3K Mini-Posters By Artist Steve Vance
* Limited-Edition 4" (H) X 2" (W) X 2" (D) "Tom Servo" Plastic Figurine

PERFECT. Got one for myself and one for my dad for his birthday which was the 6th. I couldn't think of anything he'd want that he didn't already have, so I took him for a nice dinner. You reminded me he used to be a HUGE MST nut, and doesn't own any of the collections. Perfect. Thanks!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

In case any of you guys care, they're doing a live Rifftrax of "Shuffleboard" that's about to start in a couple of minutes.

Link: http://www.rifftrax.com/live/shuffleboard
They've got an IRC channel going, too.

edit: As it turns out, they are literally commentating a game of Shuffleboard.

raditts fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 16, 2010

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
There's a new Rifftrax Presents: The Lost Boys.

It's riffed by Cole Stratton and Janet Varney, veterans of such Presents titles as Ghost, Dirty Dancing, and Footloose.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Mister Kingdom posted:

It's riffed by Cole Stratton and Janet Varney, veterans of such Presents titles as Ghost, Dirty Dancing, and Footloose.

So far, so good. Watching as I type. :)

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
Next RiffTrax is John Travolta's Boy in the Plastic Bubble!

http://www.slantmagazine.com/film/feature/interview-rifftrax/230

quote:

MN: We're doing the John Travolta TV movie The Boy in the Plastic Bubble.

KM: 1976.

BC: It's an amazing little artifact of American history.

KM: He wears the same shorts that teenage girls are wearing now—the really tiny, little disturbingly short shorts. Throughout the whole movie.

MN: And America is going to fall in love with Paul Williams all over again. [KM laughs] The music of Paul Williams, that is.

And it's gonna be the full video, pre-synched too.

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,18695.msg567750.html#msg567750

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Mister Kingdom posted:

Too bad they couldn't have done this with both Corey's sitting in on it. :smith:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This is more MST3K related, but Amazon has two volumes on sale for $25 today only. My brother bought me one of them for my birthday (ROWSDOWER!).

http://www.lightningdrops.com/product/search/?query=B001XW7ICC%7CB0030ATZHQ

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The newest offering, The Boy in the Plastic Bubble is now available.

It's a 1976 made-for-TV movie starring John Travolta as a boy born with a compromised immune system and is forced to live in a germ-free plastic environment. It's based (loosely) on two real people.

Since it's public domain, you can get the movie itself from Archive.org and get the commentary track separately, buy the DVD from Amazon, or get it as either a VOD or download-to-burn from Rifftrax.

I remember when this first came out and all the girls in school drooling over Travolta.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching Boy in the Plastic Bubble and it's pretty funny. They do not go easy on the Scientology.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

muscles like this? posted:

Watching Boy in the Plastic Bubble and it's pretty funny. They do not go easy on the Scientology.

They're pretty brave then. They aren't anonymous internet people. Lord Xenu and his alien ghosts will have no trouble finding them.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Universe Master posted:

They're pretty brave then. They aren't anonymous internet people. Lord Xenu Lord Miscavige and his alien ghosts Tom Cruise will have no trouble finding them.

Fixed it for you.

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.
Anyone else enter the contest?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
So I know what Schnappi is, and they reference the little critter constantly, but when and why did they start?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Arkannoyed posted:

Anyone else enter the contest?

Yep. I'd take a free iPad.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Saint Sputnik posted:

So I know what Schnappi is, and they reference the little critter constantly, but when and why did they start?
Word on the street is that Mike's kids liked the song and when he brought it up at work the other guys thought it was funny.

I don't know which rifftrax has the first schnappi joke but they always talked about it on the blog for as long as I can remember.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
New short is up, William's Doll.

Little William wants a doll for his birthday, but his dad is against it (when he's not attending to his rose plants).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While I normally don't have a problem with little boys playing with dolls they chose to showcase the CREEPIEST KID IN THE WORLD doing it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

While I normally don't have a problem with little boys playing with dolls they chose to showcase the CREEPIEST KID IN THE WORLD doing it.

Yeah, the way he was looking at the baby was a bit :pedo:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Anyone know if the Rifftrax Presents for Tron is any good? I figured it might be fun to watch with the sequel coming out soon and all.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

feedmegin posted:

Anyone know if the Rifftrax Presents for Tron is any good? I figured it might be fun to watch with the sequel coming out soon and all.
I haven't seen it myself, but I can say the RiffRaff Theater riff of Tron is very good indeed.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Any good recommendations for new riffs? I haven't watched one since xmen or top gun, Iron man was probably the last one I saw. I'd say Top Gun or Jurassic Park would be my favorites, what's everyone like that's new?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kingtheninja posted:

Any good recommendations for new riffs? I haven't watched one since xmen or top gun, Iron man was probably the last one I saw. I'd say Top Gun or Jurassic Park would be my favorites, what's everyone like that's new?

The Boy in the Plastic Bubble riff is pretty hilarious.

Frong
Jul 1, 2007

heh

Kingtheninja posted:

If you haven't seen any(all) of the Harry Potter riffs they're always the first one I recommend. A movie most people are familiar with, and the riffing is top notch.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Frong posted:

If you haven't seen any(all) of the Harry Potter riffs they're always the first one I recommend. A movie most people are familiar with, and the riffing is top notch.
I thought Goblet missed a bit more than it hit, strangely. The other three are classics though and well recommendable.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is there some Rifftrax Live thread or something that I've missed? How can therer be no posts in the last few minutes, let alone days?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
There's one in GBS, but I am surprised not to see any discussion here.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This thread has been pretty dead ever since it got moved to CD for some reason.

Anyway, make sure to go to the extra's part of the site they mentioned at the end of the Live thing as they have the short "More Dangerous Than Dynamite" up for free.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
I'm sure this question has come up a lot in the past, but I don't remember seeing it recently.

I'm addicted to the Rifftrax Shorts, having bought the last 5 or 6 a couple days ago and I love all of them. I get paid today and I'm planning on buying more. Which shorts do you recommend? I'll probably end up buying anywhere from 6 to 10, depending on what's recommended.

Also, being released tomorrow I guess but for some reason the page is up, a VOD release of some Three Stooges shorts that don't have Rifftrax commentary, but are hosted/contain interstitial materials from The Film Crew trio.

http://www.rifftrax.com/ondemand/3-stooges-in-color-vod

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

This thread has been pretty dead ever since it got moved to CD for some reason.

Anyway, make sure to go to the extra's part of the site they mentioned at the end of the Live thing as they have the short "More Dangerous Than Dynamite" up for free.
https://www.rifftrax.com/madness

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Now that I've seen my second live show, I want to buy the Christmas Shorts DVD (the first live show I saw). I was also thinking about buying one of the shorts disks, but I've asked in the forum before, but how much overlap is there between them? If I were to buy all the shorts DVDs, would there be a lot of overlap, or entirely different shorts on each disk?

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
When the hell are they going to make Grass available? That was one of the funniest shorts/riffs I've ever seen in Rifftrax/MST3K history.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Kull the Conqueror posted:

When the hell are they going to make Grass available? That was one of the funniest shorts/riffs I've ever seen in Rifftrax/MST3K history.

I was hoping it would be in the digital goodies, because it was the one of the most bizarre, amazing things I've ever seen. Our whole group could barely breathe from laughing too hard (especially during the crafts section).

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go make a fancy headdress.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IUG posted:

Now that I've seen my second live show, I want to buy the Christmas Shorts DVD (the first live show I saw). I was also thinking about buying one of the shorts disks, but I've asked in the forum before, but how much overlap is there between them? If I were to buy all the shorts DVDs, would there be a lot of overlap, or entirely different shorts on each disk?

I just looked and there's no overlap between any of the Shorts DVDs, including the Christmas one.

Locutus Of Bored posted:

I'm sure this question has come up a lot in the past, but I don't remember seeing it recently.

I'm addicted to the Rifftrax Shorts, having bought the last 5 or 6 a couple days ago and I love all of them. I get paid today and I'm planning on buying more. Which shorts do you recommend? I'll probably end up buying anywhere from 6 to 10, depending on what's recommended.

Also, being released tomorrow I guess but for some reason the page is up, a VOD release of some Three Stooges shorts that don't have Rifftrax commentary, but are hosted/contain interstitial materials from The Film Crew trio.

http://www.rifftrax.com/ondemand/3-stooges-in-color-vod

Recommended list:

One Got Fat: Crazy monkey bicycle safety film

Shy Guy: One of the Darrens from Bewitched back when he was an awkward as hell teenager

Self Conscious Guy: A stage crew doofus with an imaginary spotlight learns how to be less self conscious using "the ping pong deal"

Overcoming Fear: A dweeb learns how to overcome his fear of swimming, WARNING this short has the unfortunate side effect of making you afraid of dogs

Teenage Drug Addict: It actually tells you at the start of the short that it's a cast of nonprofessionals.

Shake Hands with Danger: Safety short about stupid, stupid people

Seatbelts the Life-saving Habit: Yes, a short that tries to convince people to wear seatbelts and to put their kids in car seats.

Molly Grows Up: The other film that the girls had to go watch back in grade school

How Much Affection: About the perils of first and a half base.

Three Magic Words: Jesters bring madness

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Frong posted:

I always recommend the Road House / Point Break / Over The Top trifecta first. All Mike solos, but the riffs are brilliant due to the great source material.

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Oh god, the disappointment on my face when I saw it was the gasoline/wife/fire one. That one line in Grass was the funniest thing of the night, when he turns the skull sculpture towards him.

"WHAT AM I!?!!?"

I thought I was going to die laughing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The ending to the grass short was pure nightmare fuel. What with the two little girls dancing around the tree with their "fancy headdresses" and the one kid sitting up there with his demon mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Wyzt posted:

"WHAT AM I!?!!?"

I seriously haven't laughed that hard since Mike Pipper showed up in The Final Sacrifice.

• Locked thread