Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
rom did some crazy poo poo. that fight is so weird and broken sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Rom is always a coinflip. I either run in there and beat it taking no damage or get killed in a single ice shard volley or something right at the beginning

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

apropos to nothing posted:

Rom is always a coinflip. I either run in there and beat it taking no damage or get killed in a single ice shard volley or something right at the beginning

Yeah it's bizarre, and when you summon for him sometimes the spiders just flat out break and appear all at once

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i thought he always summosn 20 spiders for the 2nd phase

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the way i do it is i kill the spiders for the first phase when she isnt attacking and then ignore the rest. ive only died to her on a sl4 character

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
u can easily take more than half her health off during the first phase if u have a +6 weapon. u can get the 9% att gem from the route to iosefkas clinic rear entrance as well and the 2 +7% gems around the start of forbidden woods. u can even get a +8 weapon before rom if u do nightmare frontier and cainhurst if u really want.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
thats what i did on my low sl character. theres also a strategy where u can kill her in like 10 seconds with a flamesprayer and bone marrow ash but ive never done it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

u can easily take more than half her health off during the first phase if u have a +6 weapon. u can get the 9% att gem from the route to iosefkas clinic rear entrance as well and the 2 +7% gems around the start of forbidden woods. u can even get a +8 weapon before rom if u do nightmare frontier and cainhurst if u really want.

if you use a blood beast gem on top of that you can get 80%+ in the first phase. I was trying really hard to stagger rom or something and try to kill her before the warp to see if it was possible. Probably not

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

thats what i did on my low sl character. theres also a strategy where u can kill her in like 10 seconds with a flamesprayer and bone marrow ash but ive never done it

Haha flamesrayer would be cool. what happened to us when we jumped down the first time was all the spiders from the second phase were spawned and locked in place not doing anything, I've seen it happen as the person being summoned before...seems to just be broken in that fight

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
yeah I pretty much do what you do INRI, kill spiders then take her down to about half health, then when she respawns just kinda run in a figure eight around the spiders getting hits in on her when she's not flailing or slinging ice. usually works fine but sometimes I just can't dodge the ice or I'm not paying attention and a spider hits me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m7pyk-87Aw

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

if you use a blood beast gem on top of that you can get 80%+ in the first phase. I was trying really hard to stagger rom or something and try to kill her before the warp to see if it was possible. Probably not

You can stagger/backstab her and break the summon channel. She won't try it again until she hits the next phase change threshold. If she gets off a later one she summons both waves at once though.

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

maybe i just got super lucky but high gems are available really early now so you can easily have even better

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The micolash trick is really easy but it doesn't really change anything about the fight

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

The micolash trick is really easy but it doesn't really change anything about the fight

I haven't heard of the trick before, is it what this dude is doing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ5k7NtAdBA ? because from the looks of it that seems like more trouble than just fighting him straight up, which is pretty easy

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I think it's the one where you chase him through the mirror then shoot him so he goes through the mirror again and you can prevent him from leaving that room and kill him there, instead of having a 2nd chase

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I think it's the one where you chase him through the mirror then shoot him so he goes through the mirror again and you can prevent him from leaving that room and kill him there, instead of having a 2nd chase

it's this. It's not really worth it because I the room is slightly smaller and you have to worry about skeles. the nice thing is that he will pretty much never have a chance to pop his arcane blast, which is the only time ever kills me bc I still don't know how to properly dodge it

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I just spam the dodge button like a moron when I see it and it never hits. If you stay close to him I think he won't use it either, he'll only use the tentacle thing instead

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I just stagger the channel with a blunderbuss :jihad:

Also in the final room you can land a Falling Attack pretty reliably and basically one shot him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finished my coop run char with the bad ending so now all I have left for the plat is the chalice stuff. I'll jump back in once they announce a date for the dlc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I say that but now I'm diving into my NG+ char :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm 2 hours in with Rom down. I wanna try a speedrun of this game at some point

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ds3. i was right about it being b team IMO

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

just a CGI trailer. I wanna see gameplay

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wonder if the crown is the crown of the undying from II, otherwise not much to go on

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoEU/status/610507276223414272 whoops lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
is that actually their official account though... only 6k followers + no blue tick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this could mean Bloodborne DLC is ... The B Team...

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
maybe he's involved with both, he's proven himself to be at his best when forced to perform on tight schedules

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just looked at the ds2 thread in games to see if there's anything more about ds3 in there, and the last few pages are cool. It's lots of posts like "coming into this after Bloodborne, used to always use a shield but I'm going powerstance/only 2h/big magic guy no armor and wow this game is so much more fun now". that makes me happy in some gay way and I hope Miyazaki is happy that Bloodborne made people realize how lame defensive souls play is

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i duno... the ds3 screens still look sort of b team style to me. i need to kn ow if that twitter account is real

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

That's the only source anywhere that's said he's directing so I'm not buying it, everyone else has said he's "involved"

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

That's the only source anywhere that's said he's directing so I'm not buying it, everyone else has said he's "involved"

yea.. doesnt make sense for him to be working on it with bloodborne dlc coming. also i keep saying it but the ds3 pix arent miyazakis style at all

Dec 26, 2012

I just looked at the ds2 thread in games to see if there's anything more about ds3 in there, and the last few pages are cool. It's lots of posts like "coming into this after Bloodborne, used to always use a shield but I'm going powerstance/only 2h/big magic guy no armor and wow this game is so much more fun now". that makes me happy in some gay way and I hope Miyazaki is happy that Bloodborne made people realize how lame defensive souls play is

that owns

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
phew, just beat the cathedral ward cainhurst hunter w/out abusing the stairs or poison knives. jesus, that guy is tough.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh, i also found a pretty great level 2 chalice for new characters: uncanny saw blade, a +13% blood gem, and a bunch of useful consumables. the bosses are sort of boring though:

glyph is bek6fyxf

pretty cool layout too. i found a bath messenger in a chalice dungeon for the first time ever.

Dec 26, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

oh, i also found a pretty great level 2 chalice for new characters: uncanny saw blade, a +13% blood gem, and a bunch of useful consumables. the bosses are sort of boring though:

glyph is bek6fyxf

pretty cool layout too. i found a bath messenger in a chalice dungeon for the first time ever.

what kind of chalice

e: answered my own question, centeral pthumerian

01011001 fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jun 16, 2015

Dec 26, 2012

didnt find that uncanny saw blade, but i did find a +15.8 physical droplet gem, so it evens out

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

01011001 posted:

didnt find that uncanny saw blade, but i did find a +15.8 physical droplet gem, so it evens out

i think it's in the first side room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
alright bump. im doing my sl 10 run ... the forgotten madman can kill me with a single gunshot and roms spiders can 1 shot me too. i think every boss from now on is going to be able to kill me with a single attack. normally i wouldnt even think twice about him but how the F am i gonna beat the One Reborn