Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BobMooreNews/status/1295114211039883264

https://twitter.com/JudgeClayJ/status/1295072748931350528

Hahaha state data is useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The weather is the only good part of the american rust belt (which Portland, Maine isn't a part of but)

pretty sure it snows up there

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm really homesick for Texas atm y'all.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah that's why the weather is better and why Portland, Maine... does indeed exist?

e: oh holy gently caress this is the first time i've ever seen my new avatar avatar and i hope y'all fellow born texans fuckin like it

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dameius posted:

Whataburger has a new pico burger that is pretty good.

I agree. It’s good.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Disnesquick posted:

The Lib Dems however managed to achieve all their aims in 2010 by stealing a massive number of votes from young people and handing them to the Tories.

and then they killed electoral reform for a generation when fptp is the thing that's been hindering their success as a party lol :clegg:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

attempting to tie this back to texas, i tried to look up the menu for the Texas Embassy restaurant in london but they closed a few years ago

in consolation someone recommended "wahaca" and this is the menu

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

i say swears online posted:

attempting to tie this back to texas, i tried to look up the menu for the Texas Embassy restaurant in london but they closed a few years ago

What the gently caress is this

I mean, a mushroom and cheese taco does sound good, but...I can't wrap my brain around this. It's like when I first saw a Pizza Hut Japan's menu.

Now I feel the urge to counter-balance whatever this is with some lengua and barbacoa tacos from a taqueria.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sweet potato and feta taquito just like your abuela used to make

Can I get some more hollandaise sauce on my chicken tacos and also extra pickled cabbage

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm really homesick for Texas atm y'all.

my power has been out for two and a half hours

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

please never mail that to me

Also do y'all know how hard it is to get some fuckin queso or proper tortillas around here?

.....make some????? Condolences on being far away from actual good tacos.

Active Quasar
Feb 22, 2011

Sadly I never made it to the Texas Embassy restaurant as I only really developed ties to Texas last year through my wife and learned about it then. London has some great food but anything Tex-Mex is a complete and total travesty so I was really sceptical until I came here and she made me eat proper food. The difference is just insane.

Wahaca is particularly bad, even for the low standards there. It was founded by some minor Welsh noblewoman, I believe, so that should give you an inkling of the striking level of authenticity found within those walls.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

its like torchys, but someone from europe opened their own version

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
"yeah, ill have a bangers and mash taco"

"oh and with corn please. flour would be inauthentic"

Spacehams
Jun 3, 2007

sometimes people are mean, and I think they should try being nice
Grimey Drawer
Beans and toast, wrapped in a mission flour tortilla.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Optimus Prime Rib posted:

Why would you even joke about this?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Add french fries and you're there

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

zoux posted:

Sweet potato and feta taquito just like your abuela used to make

Can I get some more hollandaise sauce on my chicken tacos and also extra pickled cabbage

I know you're joking but that pickled cabbage made me think of the best fusion kitchen dish I have had here in Texas: bulgogi burrito. It's very radical and has that pickled cabbage just like your Korean granny used to make :)

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

I know you're joking but that pickled cabbage made me think of the best fusion kitchen dish I have had here in Texas: bulgogi burrito. It's very radical and has that pickled cabbage just like your Korean granny used to make :)

There is a place up near Addison called Cris and John that does Vietnamese and Korean fusions with Tex-Mex. It was Asian ingredients cooked Tex-Mex style. They had a Phodilla that was loving great. The only thing I wish Houston had from Dallas.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Sir Tonk posted:

its like torchys, but someone from europe opened their own version

lol

Optimus Prime Rib posted:

my friends in saltillo posted an instagram photo of mission tortillas in their HEB and were horrified

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Dameius posted:

There is a place up near Addison called Cris and John that does Vietnamese and Korean fusions with Tex-Mex. It was Asian ingredients cooked Tex-Mex style. They had a Phodilla that was loving great. The only thing I wish Houston had from Dallas.

Thank you for alerting me to this. I need to try it!

Also everyone should make their own corn tortillas. It's literally flour and water. If you can make a bowl of cereal, congrats you can make corn tortillas.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

poemdexter posted:

Also everyone should make their own corn tortillas. It's literally flour and water. If you can make a bowl of cereal, congrats you can make corn tortillas.

I'm assuming you mean masa harina.

Active Quasar
Feb 22, 2011

poemdexter posted:

How do you make corn tortillas that don't crack into pieces as soon as you slightly bend them? That tends to be why I avoid them.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Disnesquick posted:

How do you make corn tortillas that don't crack into pieces as soon as you slightly bend them? That tends to be why I avoid them.

Don't buy the poo poo store Masa harina. Get it fresh or since I don't usually see it anymore I just boil heirloom corn with lime to make my own.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I can't believe this piddly-assed storm front in DFW knocked out power for 4+ hours god drat it I'm definitely moving

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Disnesquick posted:

Are you not serving them hot or something? Corn tortillas have only done that for me if you buy a bag from the store and serve em cold.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

FBS posted:

I can't believe this piddly-assed storm front in DFW knocked out power for 4+ hours god drat it I'm definitely moving

where are you located? It was piddly indeed with no power issues :smuggo:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

postivity rate seems legit

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

zoux posted:

postivity rate seems legit

open 'er up!

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

At some point even our dumbass leadership is going to have to understand that the uncertainty resulting from all this nonsense is as bad for the economy as stay-at-home orders.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/JohnTheNaptist/status/1295164068005916672

Haha hell yeah

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Shooting Blanks posted:

I'm assuming you mean masa harina.

I bought a bag of Meseca so I assume this is the same thing.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Yeah, masa harina is wheat masa (for flour tortillas), masa de maíz is corn masa (for corn tortillas).

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

poemdexter posted:

I bought a bag of Meseca so I assume this is the same thing.

Yes it's a brand of Masa harina

saintonan posted:

Yeah, masa harina is wheat masa (for flour tortillas), masa de maíz is corn masa (for corn tortillas).

Lol no

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
https://twitter.com/bdavisaas/status/1295067385418977283?s=21

25,000 people per game? This doesn’t seem like it’s gonna help Austin’s numbers.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
this is sane

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So they're just going all in on Q madness then. Might as well; it's not like they cared for this droll reality anyway.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Even money that it’s just Allen West military moto BS

https://twitter.com/RobertTGarrett/status/1295391716107788294

Fuckin shameless

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 17, 2020

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dinesh d'souza is a cancer lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

zoux posted:

Even money that it’s just Allen West military moto BS

You mean convicted war criminal Allen West?