Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

our bot lane threatened to int if we didn't give them bot and was voli/singed
Is this coming back now? I had the same lane in a game yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

kingcobweb posted:

They should have language detection that looks for people talking about "my other accounts" and autobans them

Most of the time when somebody says "my other account" they're either lying about being a smurf or are a horrifying troll that rotates between a dozen accounts as they get banned. That's what I've seen, anyway.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
"I forgot what elo this account is in" :smugdog:
"like i even care about this account" :smugdog:
"look up my main" :smugdog:

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I have a smurf to play with my bad friends without making them all miserable every game, is that acceptable?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
No. kys.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

nomadologique posted:

as a low elo player, please do not smurf. it is so loving unfun for everyone else. if you are better, go play w people who are better.

in one of my placements before they unfucked them, i had a match with a master tier hecarim player and a diamond ii player. the other team was all bronze and silver.

it was :dogbutton:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I used to enjoy making new accounts and recruiting them to my main when the recruit thing existed.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

I used to enjoy making new accounts and recruiting them to my main when the recruit thing existed.

Everyone did this, since it gave you a shitload of ip + like 900 RP (which is why they stopped doing it).

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
support brand needs to die

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

Everyone did this, since it gave you a shitload of ip + like 900 RP (which is why they stopped doing it).

The best thing was when you could get 15000 RP by signing up for a stupid debit card, buying a $20 amazon card on it, and immediately closing it.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

My last 5 games were win/loss due to 'inting'/DC's on one team or the other. I can't even get into a regular 5v5 match this week.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Hard counter him with nami + firefighter tristana

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

Hard counter him with nami + firefighter tristana

pretend i just marge growled at you real loud

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Not sure if Nasus is really good... or flex queue is really bad.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
p sure nasus is really good

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

those things are not mutually exclusive

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
true as well.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I've been wondering whether flex queue might be the 'softer' queue to climb in if you only care about getting to gold/plat/whatever since fewer high elo people play it, but the games are just such a mess since a lot of people basically use it as normals and the matchmaking data is much younger.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

Don't forget the best skin in the game, Medieval Twitch.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
That's not even the best twitch skin man

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Okay I'll accept being dove and killed and losing my flash and heal at 1 because the Alistar got 2 before me. I'll also accept that because my flash is down and i'm level 3, Udyr should be able to come from the jungle and also kill me. I'm gonna be honest and say I threw my hands up when I saw that stupid time bubble thing and a level 4 mid Ekko roaming from mid dove me behind my tower.

The Akali toplane angry that she couldn't kill Singed came bot as well before I was 6 to flash and combo me with ignite to bring me to death #4. This all transpired before I even dinged six. Botlane is fairly terrible!

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Dec 22, 2016

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

Kitfox88 posted:

That's not even the best twitch skin man

You're right, that honour goes to Whistler Village.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Servaetes posted:

Okay I'll accept being dove and killed and losing my flash and heal at 1 because the Alistar got 2 before me. I'll also accept that because my flash is down and i'm level 3, Udyr should be able to come from the jungle and also kill me. I'm gonna be honest and say I threw my hands up when I saw that stupid time bubble thing and a level 4 mid Ekko roaming from mid dove me behind my tower.

The Akali toplane angry that she couldn't kill Singed came bot as well before I was 6 to flash and combo me with ignite to bring me to death #4. This all transpired before I even dinged six. Botlane is fairly terrible!

Botlane loving sucks and I hate how it's more-or-less the Free Money Lane for other lanes to come and pick up kills from. It's about as bad as S5 where making even a vaguely aggressive move in bot would immediately result in either mid or top TP ganking you. Frankly, that'd almost be preferable compared to the "Lee Sin is coming to kick your rear end every 1:30 like clockwork" meta that we've got now where trying to make a play as someone other than Brand/Zyra + Jhin/Cait is guaranteed suicide until you've managed to scrape enough together for a SS and somehow get an opportunity to sneak deep vision into their jungle. It stinks!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
nevermind i got that wrong, the ekko blew flash and roamed @ level 4 four loving minutes in. holy poo poo lol

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
im not good at top and im only okay at mid but i prefer those two as my roles because adc is goddamn miserable to play unless you're ezreal, which is only a kind of lovely experience

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

im not good at top and im only okay at mid but i prefer those two as my roles because adc is goddamn miserable to play unless you're ezreal, which is only a kind of lovely experience

there arent any adcs that can stop from being dove right now, even ezreal. junglers can gank with level advantage at full health, and there's a decent chance somebody involved in the play has a colossus shield too.

edit: this is why wave management is super important and warding atm, because you definitely aren't safe under your tower.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

rabidsquid posted:

there arent any adcs that can stop from being dove right now, even ezreal. junglers can gank with level advantage at full health, and there's a decent chance somebody involved in the play has a colossus shield too.

edit: this is why wave management is super important and warding atm, because you definitely aren't safe under your tower.

i haven't played adc since the season started except for a jhin game that got remade but im honestly not surprised

like even on aram my last few games on adcs have either involved getting two-shot by an assassin or hypertanks waddling at me with impossibly large shields until i die

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

The obvious answer is to pick Vayne, condemn people into your tower, then die anyway and blame your teammates.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ive had a minor amount of success with caitlyn traps near my tower getting me double kills but i Do Not Live

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

those things are not mutually exclusive

ya. my friend just got d2 in like 30ish games in flex and he said its really easy compared to solo.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

With a reasonable amount of practice supp zilean basically hardcounters aggressive immobile supports, first couple levels are a bit rough but you can use bombs to help your wave not just get super shoved under turret and once you hit 4+ they basically become free kills cause their only escape from getting slowed is flash.

If you do just get super outplayed level 2 or 3 tho you are p boned so ymmv.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Electrical Fire posted:

You're right, that honour goes to Whistler Village.

that's not vandal

kindred's neat but holy poo poo i feel like a stiff breeze murders me

Equality
Feb 26, 2007
Favorite bronze four moments so far:

Score is 2-3 teammate dies and says FF at 20 please!

I'm 1-1-19 on amumu teammates rage at me for not ganking enough.

Last night's 63 minute win as autofill support Morgana

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Equality posted:

Favorite bronze four moments so far:

My favorite low elo logic is the "support isn't warding enough".

I was playing Elise support to see what it's like - but had a sightstone I was constantly using and a control wards out all game. This didn't stop my mid and jungler from yelling at me all game for not having enough vision.

And then when I sold my sightstone at 35 minutes to make room for my full build - while we had 3 enemy inhibs down and Baron - mid lux goes "can we have your nami support, at least she buys sightstone"

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

With a reasonable amount of practice supp zilean basically hardcounters aggressive immobile supports, first couple levels are a bit rough but you can use bombs to help your wave not just get super shoved under turret and once you hit 4+ they basically become free kills cause their only escape from getting slowed is flash.

If you do just get super outplayed level 2 or 3 tho you are p boned so ymmv.

This is not a good response to the idea that someone like Brand is now one of the highest win % supports because he just builds a sight stone and presses buttons.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now that Overwatch has a gay character, how long until League follows suit and who will it be? My money is on the announcer lady.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Addamere posted:

Now that Overwatch has a gay character, how long until League follows suit and who will it be? My money is on the announcer lady.

all your questions and more can be answered here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7igFD59qO4Y

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPSFQga2gDbWHxdA8r22B9G9pDL6-QKdE

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Addamere posted:

Ezreal's been in the game for years?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Diana is obviously a lesbian and this should be canon.

Seriously though, one of the great things about that Overwatch comic is how it presents the characters in the middle of a regular day, as real people. League's lore is so hamstrung by its "world-shaking important events" stuff, it could really use some comics of league characters just like hanging out or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Sexpansion posted:

Diana is obviously a lesbian and this should be canon.

Seriously though, one of the great things about that Overwatch comic is how it presents the characters in the middle of a regular day, as real people. League's lore is so hamstrung by its "world-shaking important events" stuff, it could really use some comics of league characters just like hanging out or something.

i agree.

and yeah i think ironstylus said diana was. it's a shame they haven't fleshed her story out more because she has by far the most interesting backstory and design/characterisation in the game.

• Locked thread