Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Always love a good "I've definitely 100% supported minorities and democrats but also somehow wound up donating to and voting for our lord and savior Donald Trump" anti-apology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

Yep, now a bunch of young people with like LGBTQ, enby, BLM etc. stuff in their twitter are bizarrely supporting him because of bullshit "B-but just opinions" type trash.

the higher-than-usual amount of parasociality around fnaf makes this an interesting shitstorm. cawthorn is up there with guys like toby fox in terms of cottage-industry content creators. you have a huge number of fans young enough so that this might be their first example of a (sigh) milkshake duck, tons of youtube facecam-streamers and lore-lords who made bank off every new game and their fans, and so on, and so on

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Captain Hygiene posted:

Always love a good "I've definitely 100% supported minorities and democrats but also somehow wound up donating to and voting for our lord and savior Donald Trump" anti-apology

"I voted for Trump because I believed he'd give us a strong economy despite every move he made making things worse and then hosed up the response to COVID on a historic level."

Oxxidation posted:

the higher-than-usual amount of parasociality around fnaf makes this an interesting shitstorm. cawthorn is up there with guys like toby fox in terms of cottage-industry content creators. you have a huge number of fans young enough so that this might be their first example of a (sigh) milkshake duck, tons of youtube facecam-streamers and lore-lords who made bank off every new game and their fans, and so on, and so on

Also the game being a hit and making him rich is the only reason he can max out to all these shitheads.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 14, 2021

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Also lol it's worth mentioning the like one D he gave money to was loving Tulsi Gabbard, you know, resident big muslim and trans hater.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Who donates to Mitch loving McConnell? He’s the actual worst person in the world, and I was under the impression he’s unpopular even among the MAGA crowd

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Magitek posted:

Who donates to Mitch loving McConnell? He’s the actual worst person in the world, and I was under the impression he’s unpopular even among the MAGA crowd

Oh there's a ton of people republican christians who absolutely think anyone with an R after their name is basically in office by divine right, and even the smallest amount of criticism for them would be sacrilege.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Cawthon being a conservative is the exact opposite of news, I don't know why anyone would then go on to pretend that it's somehow shocking that he's donated to major conservative politicans. This seems extremely performative so that his liberal fans can resolve their cognitive dissonance.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh there's a ton of people republican christians who absolutely think anyone with an R after their name is basically in office by divine right, and even the smallest amount of criticism for them would be sacrilege.

Cawthon's response makes him sound especially dumb with his excuse for supporting the Baltimore lady and doing the whole "I also donated to Tulsi!" when she's one of the worst dems as Yardbomb pointed out and a person you're only aware of if you're internet poisoned. He really should've just not responded.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 14, 2021

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

King of Bleh posted:

Cawthon being a conservative is the exact opposite of news, I don't know why anyone would then go on to pretend that it's somehow shocking that he's donated to major conservative politicans. This seems extremely performative so that his liberal fans can resolve their cognitive dissonance.

He'd previously given quite a bit to actually good charities, causes and individuals and seemed like an overall mellow christian guy, so it coming out that he not only donated to lovely politicians, but basically all the shittiest politicians possible in single go's, was a pretty big blow to a lot of people, especially considering how big of an LGBTQ fanbase the games have.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Yardbomb posted:

He'd previously given quite a bit to actually good charities, causes and individuals and seemed like an overall mellow christian guy, so it coming out that he not only donated to lovely politicians, but basically all the shittiest politicians possible in single go's, was a pretty big blow to a lot of people, especially considering how big of an LGBTQ fanbase the games have.

Yup. This is basically a smaller scale J. K. Rowling for a whole bunch of people. Now this could be put down to American politics team sports... except for that one Tulsi Gabbard donation, and her reputation for anti-minorities fuckery. People grew up with and around this game, becoming LGBTQ+ in orientation in the interim or just feeling safe and welcomed in a community.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 14, 2021

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yardbomb posted:

King of Bleh is probably partly right that it's people upset that they helped make this guy filthy rich and now he turned around and spent their money in the worst way but his previous giving was what likely threw people off and made his maxing to the worst politicians surprising. Also there's a pretty big difference between "maybe he voted for Trump but I won't think about it" and "maxed out to all the worst Republicans (and Tulsi)" since one has an actual material effect (he lives in Texas so his vote was worthless). The funny thing was I only found out about the charitable giving from the people defending him lol

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 14, 2021

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Kokoro Wish posted:

Yup. This is basically a smaller scale J. K. Rowling for a whole bunch of people. Now this could be put down to American politics team sports... except for that one Tulsi Gabbard donation, and her reputation for anti-minorities fuckery. people grew up with and around this game, becoming LGBTQ+ in orientation in the interim or just feeling safe and welcomed in a community.

Yeah if anything "But I also donated to democrats!" and it being the actual worst pick possible shoots him in the foot even worse. Like if by some stretch of the imagination he'd actually sifted some money out to a chunk of decent people too, it'd still be super lovely, but it'd also give him at least some bizarre deniability to try and keep the heat off with, but nope, just a whole list of the bottom of the barrel.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 14, 2021

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Don't forget the part about him saying he didn't support pro-lgbtq politicians because he felt that their pro-lgbtq ideas would actually be harmful to lgbtq people and that he believed the politicians with noted anti-lgbtq views would be the ones best suited for making progressive pro-lgbtq policies.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Well good thing those five nights ripoff movies came out before the official adaptation, which, isn't in production yet and can be easily canceled or out in production hell, I suppose?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I'm glad to see Plague Tale getting a sequel. Don't think I'd normally be excited in a game like that but after playing the first one I think I'll be getting it for sure.

Oh wait, PC and Xbox exclusive. Welp.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's not, it didnt even have the 'console launch exclusive' intro that meant it'll be coming to PS5 later, so it'll be the same time.

Hell, apparently the Switch is getting a cloud version lol

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Oh, yeah someone cleared that up for me in the ps5 thread, turns out in my sleepy haze I was reading an Xbox site for information, smart me.

But yeah lol cloud version. I mean I guess if it's someone's only system, it's not a bad kind of game for that (certainly better than Control).

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i see i have once again defaulted my way into moral superiority by simply avoiding the purchase of bad games

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Five Nights at Fundie's

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/1404846162729791488?s=19

gently caress YES a Fatal Frame on PC. Thank you Nintendo Jesus Christ it took long enough

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

While I'm not too excited for a game I've played already, I do hope this reignites interest in the series, both from players and the dev/publisher.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Morpheus posted:

While I'm not too excited for a game I've played already, I do hope this reignites interest in the series, both from players and the dev/publisher.

I didn't have a WiiU so this is new for me! But yeah, absolutely hoping the same, this franchise deserves a revisit

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I didn't have a WiiU so this is new for me! But yeah, absolutely hoping the same, this franchise deserves a revisit

Oh yeah I imagine there's a bunch of people for which this is new and I am psyched they get to play it. It's not the best in the series, but it's still spooky as hell.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Now people outside of japan/japanese readers will get to see how bad Maiden of Black Water is lol

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Yardbomb posted:

Now people outside of japan/japanese readers will get to see how bad Maiden of Black Water is lol

Don't break my heart like this. I misread the info at first and thought they were putting the series on PC, but I just miss the franchise so much so a "new" game sounded good...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

You're thinking of the Wii game I think, Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, the one that was super glitchy and one of the characters wielded a flashlight with a special lens that damaged ghosts

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

You're thinking of the Wii game I think, Mask of the Lunar Eclipse, the one that was super glitchy and one of the characters wielded a flashlight with a special lens that damaged ghosts

Maiden of Black Water was weird too, the later games of Fatal Frame all bounced off me mostly.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

Maiden of Black Water was weird too, the later games of Fatal Frame all bounced off me mostly.

Maiden of Black Water had an English release though, Mask was Japan only.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maiden was okay, the weird mission structure that kinda got rid of the survival horror aspect was the only thing I didn't like (well that and my WiiU controller dying). Also it has bonus missions where you get to play as Ayane from Ninja Gaiden/DoA lol.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Maiden of Black Water had an English release though, Mask was Japan only.

Ooooh yeah, I was forgetting the goofiness that happened with it, where it only got an eshop release in NA or something.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I wonder if the edited costumes will generate an exact repeat of internet discourse. Or since it's going multiplat I doubt the non-nintendo versions will have the awesome Samus and Zelda costumes so people can finally have their 17 year old avatar in a skimpy bikini.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

al-azad posted:

I wonder if the edited costumes will generate an exact repeat of internet discourse. Or since it's going multiplat I doubt the non-nintendo versions will have the awesome Samus and Zelda costumes so people can finally have their 17 year old avatar in a skimpy bikini.

That was another bit lol, underage protag bikini costumes with a moisture meter. (That's not related to the costume, but it's still funny alongside it)

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Blue Box playing with fire RE: Silent Hill fans

https://twitter.com/BBGameStudios/status/1404890697006784521?s=19

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Bloober, meanwhile, actively pouring gasoline on the dumpster fire that was the Medium just when it seemed like it was going to put itself out as people forgot it existed

https://twitter.com/bobvids/status/1404974655425888264?s=20

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mix. posted:

Bloober, meanwhile, actively pouring gasoline on the dumpster fire that was the Medium just when it seemed like it was going to put itself out as people forgot it existed

bunch of schlemiels deluding themselves that they're videogames' answer to nabokov

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
(side note: videogames' answer to nabokov is actually The Beginner's Guide)

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
How is Yuppie Psycho (particularly the Switch version)? I haven't looked at too much gameplay since it seems easy to spoil stuff, but what kind of game mechanically is it? It kind of struck me as a Corpse Party-style "maneuver your 16-bit guy around and investigate while a thing sometimes chases you", but I kinda straight up hate chase mechanics. Thoughts?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/BBGameStudios/status/1404924897340674049?s=19

It's sonic the hedgehell

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Mix. posted:

Bob spends his time doing nothing but complaining about Bloober Team and whining about Silent Hill. That's a generous misread of the tweet but he can go off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Read After Burning posted:

How is Yuppie Psycho (particularly the Switch version)? I haven't looked at too much gameplay since it seems easy to spoil stuff, but what kind of game mechanically is it? It kind of struck me as a Corpse Party-style "maneuver your 16-bit guy around and investigate while a thing sometimes chases you", but I kinda straight up hate chase mechanics. Thoughts?

Yuppie Psycho's really good, it's kinda like that yeah, though less chase that I can remember and more occasional puzzle boss fight in there.