Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

So does he also go by Max Bolt?

We'll have to ask Maximum and Maxidad about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Daredevil #11: Daredevil's secret identity is blown but it's not all bad because now he's getting paid to write a book of his memoirs. Foggy's helping.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I'm a bit behind on my DD...when did Foggy turn into Cancer Boy?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Matt's been outed AGAIN?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Choco1980 posted:

I actually know this one! Waid's first run in 2011.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Just call the book I Told Lies And Got Beaten Up.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Doc Hawkins posted:

Just call the book I Told Lies And Got Beaten Up.

Sorry, Hawkguy beat him to it.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

What lies has Hawkeye told?

e: Oh, I see what you mean, he named his biography Matt Murdock Told Lies and I Beat Him Up. Please use less confusing wording next time.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Matt's been outed AGAIN?

And re-secreted again, too! After Bendis had him get outed he managed to lie his way into it being a not-so-secret secret where legally no one acknowledges he's Daredevil but everyone kinda knows (see his "I'M NOT DAREDEVIL" shirts). Waid had him out himself again, then move to California where he could still practice law. Post-Secret Wars, Soule gave him back his secret identity again by having the Purple Man's kids (see Waid's run) use a power-augmenting machine to do what they thought was a favor and erase the world's memory of him being DD. Nowadays he basically has Spider-Man's One More Day thing going where everybody knows Daredevil as their superhero friend and knows that Matt Murdock is their lawyer friend but can't put two and two together until Matt tells them and then they remember everything properly. Currently the only people who know his identity are, to my knowledge, Foggy, Spider-Man, and the Netflix Defenders (Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Iron Fist).

Choco1980 posted:

Foggy was cancer boy pretty much throughout Waid's run. He beat it though and it's currently in remission! Good for him!

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 9, 2018

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Rhyno posted:

Ah yes. I got my "super poo poo in the 90's but somehow became excellent 20 years later" artists confused.

Epting definitely improves by leaps and bounds but as far as 90s Marvel pencilers go you could do a lot worse! I think a lot of his Avengers issues look great, even permitting some very wonky faces and stiff posing. You can definitely see a lot of potential there imo, especially when he's lucky enough to have Tom Palmer inking.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

TwoPair posted:

And re-secreted again, too! After Bendis had him get outed he managed to lie his way into it being a not-so-secret secret where legally no one acknowledges he's Daredevil but everyone kinda knows (see his "I'M NOT DAREDEVIL" shirts). Waid had him out himself again, then move to California where he could still practice law. Post-Secret Wars, Soule gave him back his secret identity again by having the Purple Man's kids (see Waid's run) use a power-augmenting machine to do what they thought was a favor and erase the world's memory of him being DD. Nowadays he basically has Spider-Man's One More Day thing going where everybody knows Daredevil as their superhero friend and knows that Matt Murdock is their lawyer friend but can't put two and two together until Matt tells them and then they remember everything properly. Currently the only people who know his identity are, to my knowledge, Foggy, Spider-Man, and the Netflix Defenders (Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Iron Fist).
:psyduck:
This seems incredibly needlessly complicated!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Comic books!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:psyduck:
This seems incredibly needlessly complicated!

It's not that complicated. He got outed back in 2001 and it became a secret again in like 2016. Iron Man did that for like 30 loving years on and off again (Iron Man is my bodyguard, no actually I'm Iron Man, no actually it's another bodyguard, no I'm actually Iron Man again).

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"Uh, no I was just quoting Black Sabbath!"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Synthbuttrange posted:

"Uh, no I was just quoting Black Sabbath!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBbnT-cIDVM

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I love amnesia jokes/Abbot-and-Costello stuff. :allears:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He remembers what hookers are but not that superheroes are a common thing in the DCU? That's some mighty specific amnesia, there, Ted.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
There is no way Ted is not loving with her. He's just seeing if he can get away with calling Power Girl a hooker.

EDIT: Actually Ted's subconscious is full of sexy women according to the time Dr. Fate tried to unbrainwash him. Knowing about hookers is part of Ted Kord's soul.

tom bob-ombadil fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jul 9, 2018

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I got a bit of spare disposable income and felt like reading some comics. I don't usually read superhero comics but I can usually rely on this thread to recommend really good and really funny ones. (For real, thanks especially for getting me to read Nextwave way back when.)

Anywho, I remember a really good Hawkeye run that used to get panels posted in these threads all the time two or three years ago. It had really snazzy looking non-superhero comic style art. One panel that got posted a lot was of a nude Hawkeye getting censored by a picture of his superhero costumed face drawn in a more traditional style.

What was it called, and who wrote and who drew it?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I got a bit of spare disposable income and felt like reading some comics. I don't usually read superhero comics but I can usually rely on this thread to recommend really good and really funny ones. (For real, thanks especially for getting me to read Nextwave way back when.)

Anywho, I remember a really good Hawkeye run that used to get panels posted in these threads all the time two or three years ago. It had really snazzy looking non-superhero comic style art. One panel that got posted a lot was of a nude Hawkeye getting censored by a picture of his superhero costumed face drawn in a more traditional style.

What was it called, and who wrote and who drew it?

it was called (unsurprisingly) Hawkeye and it was written by Matt Fraction (David Aja did the art)

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

LGD posted:

it was called (unsurprisingly) Hawkeye and it was written by Matt Fraction (David Aja did the art)

In specific, it starts here: https://www.amazon.com/Hawkeye-Vol-Life-Weapon-Marvel/dp/0785165622

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
ALSO YOU SHOULD READ THOR, GOD OF THUNDER! https://www.amazon.com/Thor-God-Thunder-Vol-Butcher/dp/0785168427

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

And maybe re-read Nextwave. Just ‘cuz.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
reminder that the new Nancy is still great

I think I already posted this one but I love it

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Thanks, everyone

ecavalli posted:

And maybe re-read Nextwave. Just ‘cuz.

Done.

edit: now everyone here go read New Nancy. Or just go read the newpape comics thread. Next time you see a banner ad with a self-satisfied cat face on it, click it.

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 10, 2018

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Wow hadn't seen her Fritzi. That's a really good visual take on the character as compared to before.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Scaramouche posted:

Wow hadn't seen her Fritzi. That's a really good visual take on the character as compared to before.

you gotta give a before and after for maximum impact

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Thanks, everyone

Done.

edit: now everyone here go read New Nancy. Or just go read the newpape comics thread. Next time you see a banner ad with a self-satisfied cat face on it, click it.

Asked and answered, but if you want more good Hawkeye stuff I can recommend the most recent Hawkeye series by Kelly Thompson, it's about the younger, female, and much better Hawkeye Kate Bishop, but it's still excellent. There's going to be a new West Coast Avengers book with both of them again written Kelly Thompson.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Two of my favourite comic sight gags are in recent Hawkeye books. There's the one where Hawkeye (Kate) is hanging out with Hawkeye (Clint) and it's Halloween so she's dressed up as Hawkeye (from MASH).

And there's the one with the two Tracksuit Bros but one of them looks like Charles Bronson (the American actor) and the other looks like Charles Bronson (the English criminal).

The Bro-nson Bros.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phy posted:

Two of my favourite comic sight gags are in recent Hawkeye books. There's the one where Hawkeye (Kate) is hanging out with Hawkeye (Clint) and it's Halloween so she's dressed up as Hawkeye (from MASH).

And there's the one with the two Tracksuit Bros but one of them looks like Charles Bronson (the American actor) and the other looks like Charles Bronson (the English criminal).

The Bro-nson Bros.

The first one is from Deadpool/Hawkeye and it's truly the best thing.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

And Deadpool shows up dressed as Freddy Krueger!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The new Nancy is really loving great.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Deadpool/Hawkeye makes fun of the way some Hawkeye pages are paneled but not in a mean-spirited way, more like in a Mel Brooks or Weird Al way. It's not the funniest thing in the world but I enjoyed its good-natured ribbing.

but my favorite gag is Kate using the RPG

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I'm guessing that's the "much better Hawkeye Kate Bishop" from the Kelly Thompson run I should read.

I'm convinced.

I mean, I know those're from the Deadpool/Hawkeye comics but I'm sure she's even better in her own title.

Maybe I'll get those after I'm done with Matt Fraction Hawkeye. And Kelly Thompson Hawkeye. Plus the Nextwave re-read I got going.

Anywho, thanks for the recommendations, everyone. This thread always delivers.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Discendo Vox posted:

you gotta give a before and after for maximum impact

Sorry duder phone posting for the night. Just Google Gilchrist Fritzi and you'll get all kinds wacky poo poo.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I forgot how good Hawkeye/Deadpool was, and you didn't even post the face panels.

I'm going to recommend Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force for someone who doesn't read a lot of comics.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
FWIW, Kate Bishop is a menace.

She stole Pizza Dog.

Who does that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Toshimo posted:

FWIW, Kate Bishop is a menace.

She stole Pizza Dog.

Who does that?

She said "here boy" and the dog followed her.