Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Data Graham posted:

Is it pronounced like in Welsh?

Now I'm curious how it would be pronounced in Welsh. I say something like mir-drawl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

seaborgium posted:

Talmanes vs. the second Mydraal. Nothing beats a "Ha, I'm already dead rear end in a top hat, now I got nothing to do but take you with me" moment.

On my recent reread I'd totally forgotten that he survived, so that made going through the whole ride a second time all the more awesome.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Welsh pronunciation is probably something like "Meredith".

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
In my mind it was always ‘murder all’ because that’s what they mostly did

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

2 hours until “Daughter of the Night”

Will we actually see Lanfear doing Lanfear things or just more Selene mindfuckery?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Hexel posted:

2 hours until “Daughter of the Night”

Will we actually see Lanfear doing Lanfear things or just more Selene mindfuckery?

I feel like we'll for sure see the scene of Lanfear covered in blood, but my guess is it won't fully reveal that Lanfear is Selene until later in the episode/season.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

pik_d posted:

I feel like we'll for sure see the scene of Lanfear covered in blood, but my guess is it won't fully reveal that Lanfear is Selene until later in the episode/season.

It’d be fun as an end of episode cliffhanger, where we the audience know something Rand doesn’t.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Grundulum posted:

It’d be fun as an end of episode cliffhanger, where we the audience know something Rand doesn’t.

I was thinking it would be the cold open as a flashback, but I could see the scene continuing at the end to act as a hook.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ppl were listening cinematic moments and I was just on the train and I got to the part where Loail's family caught up to him and I was like ok a breather sequence good ol Ogier low stakes poo poo and suddenly his Mom and Erith are pulling giant knives and Elder Haman is throwing a giant Axe at the guy and saying "Up Axes! Clear the Field!" and I'm getting emotional on public transport goddamn. That came out of nowhere!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

That's the part where Lews has a normal one and is very chill about sharing a brain?

Edit: I realize that doesn't narrow it down, I mean the part where Lews wants to kill everything

Edit2: The time when he does kill everything

Edit3: With the deathgates

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

My hands! Why can’t I move my hands!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

That sequence is so amazing end to end

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yup

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Where's the drat show

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Lews is gettin upset!

actually im having fun calming myself down with "george as lews therin"

Brolander fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 8, 2023

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/video/detail/B0C945ZX5J/ref=atv_dp_season_select_s2?language=en

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Hell yes thank you.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
eppy uppy

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Grundulum posted:

Well I guess he does know!!

pik_d posted:

I was thinking it would be the cold open as a flashback, but I could see the scene continuing at the end to act as a hook.

Feelin real good about this

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
you want to know how we rule this world without collapsing from the pain and loss?

channeling is really really really fun

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
*better for the show thread

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 8, 2023

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Holy lol that's a direction to go :lmao:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
You'd think Rand might have caught on to Lanfear after she kept screaming out Lews's name in bed instead of his :v:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Interesting direction, makes sense to give moiraine and lanfear a more direct animosity towards each other, make the (assumed) shove through the doorway a more direct character conflict.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Data Graham posted:

Holy lol that's a direction to go :lmao:

What are they doing

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

there's a lot of good casting in this show but they knocked it out of the park for lanfear and ishamael

also next ep preview: aviendha and the maidens saving perrin from whitecloaks

eke out fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 8, 2023

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

eke out posted:

there's a lot of good casting in this show but they knocked it out of the park for lanfear and ishamael

I can't wait for their first real scenes together.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Hughmoris posted:

What are they doing

Feels like they’re trying to slice and dice a lot of DR / TSR / FoH together by the end of the season. We know Rand is going to get to the Waste by the end so I wonder if Falme is going to be like episode 6, then we get Rhuidean as like the finale and season 3 is the return and they swap things around so that the fall of Tear happens later?

It’s weird, it feels like things are both happening really fast and somehow not fast enough

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 8, 2023

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Also really settled the whole Liandrin question. :D

I also really enjoyed Elayne's "Yes i'm following you obviously"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CainFortea posted:

Also really settled the whole Liandrin question. :D

I also really enjoyed Elayne's "Yes i'm following you obviously"

Lol hell yeah it does :haw:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Well I certainly didn’t expect that :golfclap:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I was extremely down with everything in this episode other than the very last question mark with Moiraine stabbing Lanfear. Obviously she's not dead and was channeling something (Illusion? Shielding Rand?), but straight up resurrection like that has never really been a WoT thing. I'm sure we'll see soon enough if it was like "This is just how the dark one's resurrection works now if they're not balefired" or even just a matter of she senses Moiraine coming and was channeling to conceal herself+create the illusion of getting killed. This really isn't something I'd wonder about as a show only watcher anyhow. Rand and Lanfear's whole interaction up till that point was picture perfect, too.

Ditto Ishamael+Min, Elyas (not you perrin you're still a dope), and Liandrin+ Nynaeve.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Gwaihir posted:

I was extremely down with everything in this episode other than the very last question mark with "This is just how the dark one's resurrection works now if they're not balefired"

It's this cause it's what makes the most sense with limited time and cast.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Gwaihir posted:

I was extremely down with everything in this episode other than the very last question mark with Moiraine stabbing Lanfear. Obviously she's not dead and was channeling something (Illusion? Shielding Rand?), but straight up resurrection like that has never really been a WoT thing. I'm sure we'll see soon enough if it was like "This is just how the dark one's resurrection works now if they're not balefired" or even just a matter of she senses Moiraine coming and was channeling to conceal herself+create the illusion of getting killed. This really isn't something I'd wonder about as a show only watcher anyhow. Rand and Lanfear's whole interaction up till that point was picture perfect, too.

Ditto Ishamael+Min, Elyas (not you perrin you're still a dope), and Liandrin+ Nynaeve.

I think it’s likely that they’ll end up changing the resurrection mechanic. Swapping bodies/identities just doesn’t work the same in a visual medium where actors become attached to roles.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Gwaihir posted:

Resurrection absolutely was a thing that specifically the Forsaken got as a gift from the dark one. The only difference here is that her body regenerates instead of putting her soul in a new body. Which, in a TV show, makes a lot more sense. I wondered if they were going to do the soul snatching thing since that would make casting more difficult, or cut it entirely, or change it.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

VanillaGorilla posted:

I think it’s likely that they’ll end up changing the resurrection mechanic. Swapping bodies/identities just doesn’t work the same in a visual medium where actors become attached to roles.

Yeah that's what I assumed. Way more straight forward this way, and a good reason for Moiraine to conclude the only way to get rid of her trapping in finnland.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I’m just glad they aren’t stringing out the Selene mystery box and getting right down to the good stuff.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

and if it's an injection of True Power then it is also essentially the Dark One's will being directly worked on the world, right? so it's pretty thematically appropriate: it's the literal devil reaching into the pattern and undoing their death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gwaihir posted:

Yeah that's what I assumed. Way more straight forward this way, and a good reason for Moiraine to conclude the only way to get rid of her trapping in finnland.

We had the discussion in the TVIV thread about how anime WoT was at it's core, so the Forsaken basically being an analog to Full Metal Alchemist's Homunculi in a lot of ways, especially the "you can't kill them unless you do X" bit kinda tracks in a weird way.