Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

paraphrased "ugh why are they stocking during business hours! they should do that at night! this trolley of goods to be stocked mildly inconveniences me!

also why the gently caress aren't there any of the product i want on the shelf?? can someone get me a manager? is there any in the back? are you layabouts hoarding it?"

again, i've never heard or seen anybody acting like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

spit on my clit posted:

again, i've never heard or seen anybody acting like this.

congratulations on never having to serve a customer in the past decadeor two, boomer

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

congratulations on never having to serve a customer in the past decadeor two, boomer

i'm assuming you're one of those gen x rejects like lowtax, so believe me when i say this: im twenty years younger than you and i'm currently working jobs like these to get into college. Whenever i have seen an upset customer in the past, it is mostly because they have questions that none of the other employees are bothering to answer, and something as simple as a question isn't something to turn into a heated fight in the middle of the store. maybe over in california or portland everyone's a total fucker and they have absolutely no respect for people working these jobs, but they're basically another country from the rest of america, so i'm not really gonna count them as a part of the US.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I worked retail for a long long time and never encountered that either. Encountered tons of other poo poo head customers, but never anyone who was upset someone was stocking shelves. I think you just got a real bad rear end in a top hat once.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

spit on my clit posted:

i'm assuming you're one of those gen x rejects like lowtax, so believe me when i say this: im twenty years younger than you and i'm currently working jobs like these to get into college. Whenever i have seen an upset customer in the past, it is mostly because they have questions that none of the other employees are bothering to answer, and something as simple as a question isn't something to turn into a heated fight in the middle of the store. maybe over in california or portland everyone's a total fucker and they have absolutely no respect for people working these jobs, but they're basically another country from the rest of america, so i'm not really gonna count them as a part of the US.

I'm 26 but I do have a california accent apparently

Congratulations on your posting though, the spelling and grammar is top notch! Are you liking grade 1 so far?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm 26 but I do have a california accent apparently

Congratulations on your posting though, the spelling and grammar is top notch! Are you liking grade 1 so far?

this isn't the place for your "ageplay" kink. thats still pedophilia by the way.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Its good but I'd probably rather read the book version

You know, I never realised that was an option. Sure, I'll give that a go. Why not?

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Also I don't like when I'm asked for my receipt while leaving a store. The transaction is complete. I refuse to comply. I'd normally be chill about it but a few years ago I bought a box fan and as I was walking out I didn't hear the dude asking to see the receipt. I kept walking and he came out into the parking lot and grabbed my arm like he was the loving police or something. No respect for the process since then.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Checkouts in the middle of stores are just dumb as gently caress. I'm not sure which marketing genius thought up the idea of having you pay in the back of the store and being harassed on the way out, as you said, was a way to organise things, but they should have been laughed out of the business.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Hyperlynx posted:

Planescape: Torment was actually terrible and boring.

Top down wrpgs are all lovely

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Shibawanko posted:

agreed

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Baldur's Gate is like the last game on Earth I'll ever play. i dunno why exactly but i just hate that kind of game

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
The tacked on action of a fps/tps rpg like Skyrim or Witcher or whatever usually mucks both genres up. Just be bad at one thing. All that's left now is inventory management, exploration and skill trees.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Shibawanko posted:

I mean, that's not why I hated it, but sure. Thread appropriate post.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

The tacked on action of a fps/tps rpg like Skyrim or Witcher or whatever usually mucks both genres up. Just be bad at one thing. All that's left now is inventory management, exploration and skill trees.

Morrowind supremacy

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Shibawanko posted:

:yeah:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Morrowind supremacy

There has never been a game made since this that hasn't been a massive disappointment. Parts of Oblivion were good, but overall was worse. Ever since then games seem to either super-simplify things like Skyrim or basically every blizzard game, or make it so complex that it's more of a job than a game like stellaria or whatever. I like having to actually read the quests to know hwere to go instead of having a marker put on my map that I can blindly run toward, and I like it when the combat behaves in a unpredictable and nonsensical way sometimes like how you could shoot something with a bow point blank and miss 99 times out of 100. That was part of the fun.

It's a shame they don't consult people with correct opinions like myself before designing games. I thought the customer was always right.

ragnarkar
Dec 10, 2019
Stay at home wives who don't have kids to take care of are Losers.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

ragnarkar posted:

people shouldn't have to have a "job" to have self worth

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ragnarkar posted:

Being a kept husband is like my absolute dream. Do nothing but cook and clean and do crunches to look good for my wife who works hard and brings home the bacon. Count me the gently caress in. Half the reason I got into finance was hoping to land a rich wife. I'm getting up there in age now, so I may have to....guh....rely on my personality to get into an equal and committed relationship. *shudders

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Solice Kirsk posted:

Being a kept husband is like my absolute dream. Do nothing but cook and clean and do crunches to look good for my wife who works hard and brings home the bacon. Count me the gently caress in. Half the reason I got into finance was hoping to land a rich wife. I'm getting up there in age now, so I may have to....guh....rely on my personality to get into an equal and committed relationship. *shudders

Wouldn't being finance make you like the hired help to rich wife? The plan seems flawed from the start.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oh, I'm realizing that. Having to explain to people that I'm not on their staff is something that happens at least once every couple of weeks.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

Oh, I'm realizing that. Having to explain to people that I'm not on their staff is something that happens at least once every couple of weeks.

in finance as in one of the nicer grocery stores

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I'm taking his "in finance" at face value. If you are in finance you have a decent income yourself. Rich wife would be a client or her friend you met at a "party". Solice Kirsk confirm/deny.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Also they wouldn't "work hard" to bring home the bacon, they'd go on benders in like, Cyprus and Solice Kirsk definitely knows that and how to write it off. Let's be real.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Slow motion is overdone and makes things annoying to watch. Even in cute animal gifs, I'd rather watch the original one, not a frame by frame video of your dog catching a ball.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

doverhog posted:

I'm taking his "in finance" at face value. If you are in finance you have a decent income yourself. Rich wife would be a client or her friend you met at a "party". Solice Kirsk confirm/deny.

Confirm.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also they wouldn't "work hard" to bring home the bacon, they'd go on benders in like, Cyprus and Solice Kirsk definitely knows that and how to write it off. Let's be real.

Also confirmed.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

Confirm.

Also confirmed.

I'll try my hardest you put you in jail for a short sentence when the revolution comes instead of meeting the national razor.

No promises though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Eh, I've had a good run. My only request would to be the first of the day. I don't want someone else's icky blood to get all in my neck. I don't wanna get sick or something.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

You always want to be the last to be beheaded. You never know when a thomas the tank engine dragon is about to descend from the sky and save you from your execution.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Slow motion is overdone and makes things annoying to watch. Even in cute animal gifs, I'd rather watch the original one, not a frame by frame video of your dog catching a ball.

Agreed, I always prefer to also have the full speed shot if there is a slomo shot.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The problem is it's always done wrong. It's fine if it's the exact instant... it's annoying if there's a bunch of drawn out nothing-happening before and/or after.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
New Orleans is the best city in these goddam fifty United States and none of that has to do with Mardi Gras or Bourbon Street.

Also, people need to learn how to pronounce its name, and how to appreciate where their shoes are got at when they're there.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Why is it the best city? I may actually visit the US and wanna know where to go.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

New Orleans is my favorite city that I would never live in.

Pros:
- Probably the best food ever
- Really great dive bars
- Amazing history
- Great architecture
- The food again

Cons:
- White people with dreadlocks selling voodoo tours
- The French Quarter any weekend or holiday
- Crippling poverty
- Always smells like rotting shrimp in the summer

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Isn't the music scene amazing too? Or has that died off?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Every large city has an amazing music scene if you know where to go and like a bunch of different kinds of music.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

New Orleans is the best city in these goddam fifty United States and none of that has to do with Mardi Gras or Bourbon Street.

Also, people need to learn how to pronounce its name, and how to appreciate where their shoes are got at when they're there.

"nawlinz" right?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yup, or "Nola" if you're an rear end in a top hat.

edit:
or New OAR LEE INS if you're in your 60's and from the midwest.

edit edit:
Every local I met down there pronounces it New Or-leans though.

edit edit edit:
Personally I use New Or-lins.

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 06:31 on Dec 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

doverhog posted:

Why is it the best city? I may actually visit the US and wanna know where to go.

jastiger must be spinning in his virtual grave, furious that nobody has mentioned Des Moines and the famed "iowa chop" yet.

I'm not sure what i'd call the best city but rest assured that it's not in Iowa. I would go with santa fe probably.

also I say new or-leens and don't care if it's the correct way or not.