Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Hazdoc posted:

They are literally the same boat.

No joke.

The Fujin's paint job is flashier; therefore, it is the better boat.

Arishtat fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Updated my fitting tool with dynamic URL to save configurations. Example

It does have problem with posting in BB code due to URL containing bracket [ and ], but I plan on fixing that.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

Dalael posted:

Look up Usain Bolt, see how fast he runs.
What's your excuse not to be able to run as fast as he does?

Stop looking at the elites and then using them as models to compare average players. These people are the exceptions.

I'm hardly elite. It's just a stupidly easy ship to take advantage of people who don't know how to play CV.

1.) Send all planes at enemy carrier. Strafe, or simply engage his fighter.
2.) Bomb carrier.
3.) Wait until he repairs the fire.
4.) Torp carrier.
5.) Type GG carrier, smugly and gently caress everything else, preferably BB to reap huge damage.

See a Hosho? Your fighters have no issue, feel free to let him live to farm his planes for EXP. See another langly? He'll be dead in the first couple minutes.

You're absolutely right, the average player is completely lovely. You know what else, they're completely lovely in their first carrier. You know what else, it's super easy to take a ship with low stats and crush the WTR by playing simply decently. This is the same reason I played a bunch of games in the wakatake, because people who are playing their 10th game of WoWs, just don't understand how to play a Japanese destroyer, and they aren't in it long enough to get good.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I rarely hate any ship, but boy do I hate the Emerald. It's made out of tissue paper and citadels, anemic, relatively slow reloading guns (and few of them), hampered by the current MM meta.

Also, I shelled out for premium camo for my Zao so now it prints money (on a decent game) instead of slightly better than break even and holy crap is that a versatile ship. I'm never one for hanging back and while the stealth firing is nice, it's not my style to stay at max range and just spam HE on BB's. I sort of stopped playing it because I'm not Flamu and my overly aggressive play-style can sometimes lead to a quick loss and I wasn't fond of losing ~50k credits on a match. But with the premium camo an okay match (mid-pack) will be credit positive and a good match (top three) will earn me a couple hundred thousand. Also, that AP on BB's is crazy from like 12-13 km; consistent 5k to 7.5k volleys on BB superstructure.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

MoraleHazard posted:

I rarely hate any ship, but boy do I hate the Emerald. It's made out of tissue paper and citadels, anemic, relatively slow reloading guns (and few of them), hampered by the current MM meta.

I wonder sometimes if I'm the only person that really enjoyed the Emerald. :shrug: I thought it was pretty decent, and I loved it even though I normally loathe single-gun turret ships.

Torbo
Jun 12, 2007
So what are the keepers among the new IJN DDs? I have fubuki, kagero and yugumo. I guess i need to buy a hatsuharu to unlock that side of the tree. But anyway, fubuki or kagero worth keeping? fubuki might be, since it still has 10 km torps....and 3x3 launchers. not so sure about kagero.

Soup Inspector
Jun 5, 2013

Rorac posted:

I wonder sometimes if I'm the only person that really enjoyed the Emerald. :shrug: I thought it was pretty decent, and I loved it even though I normally loathe single-gun turret ships.

I don't remember much about the Emerald but I do remember starting to hate the Leander near the end of my time in it (albeit that does come down partially to having lovely team after lovely team, myself included).

At any rate, I just got the Takao yesterday. Aside from being anime as gently caress, what should I know about it? It's my first IJN cruiser (for a given value thereof I guess) and I've only ever played USN and RN cruisers before.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

Torbo posted:

So what are the keepers among the new IJN DDs? I have fubuki, kagero and yugumo. I guess i need to buy a hatsuharu to unlock that side of the tree. But anyway, fubuki or kagero worth keeping? fubuki might be, since it still has 10 km torps....and 3x3 launchers. not so sure about kagero.

Really not looking forward to playing the Hatsu again... hated the ship. All the free exp got put on a ship I no longer need because I have a shima... ugh.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
hey if you start now the 6km stock torps wont be a problem because every game is 4-6 dds on each side slugging it out in melee mode

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I just free exp'd my way up to Shiratsuyu and skipped Hatsuharu entirely. Debated free exping Akizuki as well, but decided to keep some in reserve for the moment. Besides, Shiratsuyu is pretty nice.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Soup Inspector posted:

I don't remember much about the Emerald but I do remember starting to hate the Leander near the end of my time in it (albeit that does come down partially to having lovely team after lovely team, myself included).

At any rate, I just got the Takao yesterday. Aside from being anime as gently caress, what should I know about it? It's my first IJN cruiser (for a given value thereof I guess) and I've only ever played USN and RN cruisers before.

It's a masterpiece.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I can confirm that, when you're in a Destroyer, and torpedoes force you out of your own smoke, where an unexpected ship appears 4km away from you, the absolute last ship you want it to be is a Minotaur.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
4 games, 4 losses. Dealing 50k damage a game in tier 4. So Much Fail.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

rex rabidorum vires posted:

4 games, 4 losses. Dealing 50k damage a game in tier 4. So Much Fail.

Join me in the descent to darkness, where there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth (World of Warships Book of Pubbies, 1:1)

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I wish my neptune was just slightly less likely to die in a single BB salvo.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Ice Fist posted:

Join me in the descent to darkness, where there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth (World of Warships Book of Pubbies, 1:1)

Ugh you made me look at when I created my tanks account. 5 years and 4 months ago to the day. :suicide: I don't have anything else better to do today so I'll be on Discord slamming my dick into the abyss.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I'm starting to burn out of The Division, so I will get back into boats again.

Played a few rounds today, Scharnhorst is still strong, Bismarck is still insanely good and EU gets new DDs tomorrow, with the T7 gun DD being an insane torpedo boat. Maybe I can recapture those Fubuki days from early Beta, life is good.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Supercontainer. 250 Victor Lima , increased fire chance increased flooding chance. Enough to last my CVs through the foreseeable future.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

In exchange for my T8 Fubuki, I got a T6 Fubuki and a T8 Kagerou, a new not-quite-six-point captain on the Fubuki, and five and a half million credits. The new DDs both came with free permanent camo even though I only ever bought regular concealment camo for the old Fubuki.

E: Minekaze and Hatsuharu are already unlocked in the new DD line, Akatsuki in the old.

Somebody Awful fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 30, 2016

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Did you own a Hatsuharu when the patch went live? I owned a Minekaze when the patch hit, and still had one after, but had to research through the Hatsuharu. Would have saved a nice amount of free experience if I could have just bought it before the split happened.

Anyways, triple divisions of Shiratsuyus are going to be hilarious. All the horror of pre-nerf triple Shimakaze divisions, but three tiers lower.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Yikes. Akatsuki looks staggeringly inferior to Shiratsuyu aside from the ability to dictate an additional launch.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

Lord Koth posted:

Did you own a Hatsuharu when the patch went live?

Finished grinding and sold it ages ago. Fubuki and Tachibana were my only IJN DDs when the patch went up.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Sperglord Actual posted:

Finished grinding and sold it ages ago. Fubuki and Tachibana were my only IJN DDs when the patch went up.

Huh. Going to chalk this up to WG being crap at applying the compensations. Been seeing complaints on the official forums of things missing as well.

Anyways, Missouri is up on the US tech tree. Obviously most of the stats are blocked out with the SOON label, but armor viewer still works fine. Most noticeable change is that the torpedo bulge is 38 mm thick - that's 13 mm thicker than the one on the tech tree Iowa. Given it runs the entire length of the ship bar the fore and aft, that's a decent amount of increased protection, along with likely meaning it has higher damage reduction for torpedoes as well. More irrelevantly, the conning tower seems to be half the height of Iowa's at a glance.

Oh, and the surrender table is on the model, as is Seagal wandering around the ship.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 30, 2016

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I am literally dying irl after that game. Essex had to have landed every single bomb on me in one salvo.

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011

Lord Koth posted:

Huh. Going to chalk this up to WG being crap at applying the compensations. Been seeing complaints on the official forums of things missing as well.

Anyways, Missouri is up on the US tech tree. Obviously most of the stats are blocked out with the SOON label, but armor viewer still works fine. Most noticeable change is that the torpedo bulge is 38 mm thick - that's 13 mm thicker than the one on the tech tree Iowa. Given it runs the entire length of the ship bar the fore and aft, that's a decent amount of increased protection, along with likely meaning it has higher damage reduction for torpedoes as well. More irrelevantly, the conning tower seems to be half the height of Iowa's at a glance.

Oh, and the surrender table is on the model, as is Seagal wandering around the ship.

I'm interested to see how much free xp it really costs. If it's in the 400k range I'll probably fork over for it as a credit boat, that would be about in line with the price relative to tier of the Tirpitz and Scharn if I'm not mistaken (comparing the price of the doubloons to convert that much xp vs the store prices of the ships). Other than that, I have no real attachment to it so much more than that and I'll just convert some free XP for use elsewhere.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

The numbers on Akizuki seem promising.

5.852 concealment with camouflage, CE, and CM.
8.852 stealth fire range with a maximum range of 10.2 without AFT.

730m to turn, so you'll want to round up to a full kilometre and rather poor rudder shift time both due to being very long. You will have to plan very much in advance.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Lord Koth posted:

The frontal citadel athwartship armor looks far far thicker on Missouri, too- 368/297 upper/lower plate vs 287/216 on the tech tree Iowa. That seems like a huge buff given how you usually play Iowa/NC

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 1, 2016

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)
They took out the Fubuki, 3x3 torps (with option for 15km), and replaced it with something with 4x2 torps and only 10km, with +30s reload time. Well thats pretty much the same thing!

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Well, besides some supertester specific problems, this cropped up in my port after the patch:

http://imgur.com/p4cYpSS

So I guess I've got a Langoliers port now.

Vorkosigan fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 1, 2016

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Does it go away when you raise your camera? I get something similar if I lower the camera to the water's surface.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

wdarkk posted:

Does it go away when you raise your camera? I get something similar if I lower the camera to the water's surface.

Nope, just adjusts to the horizon. I'm gonna try a graphics driver update and restart, but it's.....odd, to say the least.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hey, if you guys have missed out on your doses of Anime Ships:

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/seriouslylastchance/

During December they are giving you a chance to get every last Anime Ship in one go, along with extra commanders for (as yet) unreleased ships. I-401 Iona being one of them.

The salt is already flowing in rivers from people who ground out the first 4 Anime Boats due to those 4 being the most pain in the rear end to obtain.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Honestly I was also seeing annoyance given ARP Takao was just given out this month for the same amount of base experience she's going to be available for again, plus everything else. I personally don't care too much, as I play enough that I would have ended up with her at the end of the month even playing normally, but I do see where the complaints are coming from since some people actually did have to especially make the time to grind her out. For those who did, seeing the same deal offered again a month later along with a bunch of other goodies this time is something of a kick in the teeth.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Dec 1, 2016

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

So the new stock Hatsuharu manages to be worse than the old stock Hatsuharu. At least you had torpedoes that went farther than your detection radius. gg Wargaming, gg.

Oh and the hull upgrade, that gives you some extra HP and is needed for the 10km torps, still removes a gun! 4 lovely guns on a gunboat DD gently caress it's going to be hard to not free xp past this thing.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

El Disco posted:

So the new stock Hatsuharu manages to be worse than the old stock Hatsuharu. At least you had torpedoes that went farther than your detection radius. gg Wargaming, gg.

Oh and the hull upgrade, that gives you some extra HP and is needed for the 10km torps, still removes a gun! 4 lovely guns on a gunboat DD gently caress it's going to be hard to not free xp past this thing.

the guns are nice though, esp. right now when so much of the opposition is other IJN DDs you can get in a sling with.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

El Disco posted:

The Hatsu still isn't great, but being down a tier is a huge improvement for it. I did have to free xp the B hull and better torps though.

Just a Fujin game where I couldn't land a single torp, nice to accomplish gently caress all in a game because everyone found their A and D keys.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

So is the playable I-401 canceled or what?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I-401 is a sub, really unlikely we'd see her.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Who knows, but the Arpeggio of Blue Steel crossover ends in a month. Dunno if folks are going to get to keep their anime botes but unless they extend it the I-401 was just to gently caress with people who reverse engineer patches to get info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

Gearhead posted:

I-401 is a sub, really unlikely we'd see her.

It had an entity in the game client for months. You could see it using Extended Tech Tree, but it used the Tachibana model.