Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Somfin posted:

What do those characters actually mean?

It's "stupid newbie" ; a dude bought it for me in the NYC LAN thread a while ago cause he knew I worked with Chinese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Pastry of the Year posted:

I don't think anyone has probated GRINDCORE MEGGIDO more often or with greater relish than GRINDCORE MEGGIDO.

After just rewatching that news blooper it really seems like GRINDCORE MEGGIDO should be changed to, or at least pronounced in everyones head, 'GRINDCORE MEGGADOODOO'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnL1iPdQVuc

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Ah, the 3rd, least successful Deschanel sister

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Xiahou Dun posted:

It's "stupid newbie" ; a dude bought it for me in the NYC LAN thread a while ago cause he knew I worked with Chinese.

:neckbeard:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

He bought you a tattoo?! What a nice gift.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Solice Kirsk posted:

He bought you a tattoo?! What a nice gift.

Lol. I wish I was in that good shape. But good joke.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Inceltown posted:

After just rewatching that news blooper it really seems like GRINDCORE MEGGIDO should be changed to, or at least pronounced in everyones head, 'GRINDCORE MEGGADOODOO'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnL1iPdQVuc

I already do that.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Whatever happened to the guy who used to post about a video game charity for kids? I think he got banned but I can't remember it very well.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Have any mods besides Grand Fromage probated (or worse?) themselves?

sebmojo once banned himself after failing a writing :toxx:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Glenn Quebec posted:

Whatever happened to the guy who used to post about a video game charity for kids? I think he got banned but I can't remember it very well.
GetWellGamers?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

CannonFodder posted:

GetWellGamers?

I think so! Did I make up the banning and any subsequently drama?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Glenn Quebec posted:

I think so! Did I make up the banning and any subsequently drama?

seems that way, quick search says he wasn't banned and hasn't posted since 2017

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

seems that way, quick search says he wasn't banned and hasn't posted since 2017
IIRC he didn't do anything but there was some drama related to the charity itself. It's a shame, but non-profit stuff can be real complicated and less-than-ethical groups take advantage of caring people as volunteers.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

What's the deal with Dare?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Len posted:

What's the deal with Dare?

Dude is super broken and it's actually pretty sad. He thinks everyone on here is actually someone from an old Tribe's message board and he'll have one-sided conversation and respond to posts with random real life people's names that he used to know. I thought he was an elaborate troll/gimmick at first but it isn't. And the worst part is all the credit cards he uses are usually stolen so the site doesn't even see the money. There's more to it than that, but I'm not a Dare expert.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I thought Dare was a woman?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
How have they not been nailed for credit card fraud yet?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dare believes that all FYAD posters know each other irl, are people that he knows irl, all play Tribes together, and are in on some vast gangstalking conspiracy to ruin his life. At least part of this conspiracy involves falsely accusing him of rape, which could be really unsettling depending on the exact proportion of fantasy vs reality in these stories.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Dare believes that all FYAD posters know each other irl, are people that he knows irl, all play Tribes together, and are in on some vast gangstalking conspiracy to ruin his life. At least part of this conspiracy involves falsely accusing him of rape, which could be really unsettling depending on the exact proportion of fantasy vs reality in these stories.

I thought it was literally the entire forums, not just fyad? but I'm only vaguely aware of the guy

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
I was under the impression Dare used their mother's credit card for the accounts before getting a chargeback. Did that change at some point?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

it is fyad, and somehow i am not part of this group despite actually being canadian unlike everyone else. well, whatever. my friends at the toronto tribes gaming house know who i am

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
Wait wait wait wait wait

Tribe is still a thing?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

bare bottom pancakes posted:

I was under the impression Dare used their mother's credit card for the accounts before getting a chargeback. Did that change at some point?

That may be it. I just knew there was something going on with the purchases where the forums weren't benefiting.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768053

Enjoy the Dare saga, it's quite a ride. I recommend a detour to see Dare's original e/n breakup posts, which are linked in there, too.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

purple death ray posted:

I thought it was literally the entire forums, not just fyad? but I'm only vaguely aware of the guy

He posts insane screeds and conspiracy theories all over the forums but as far as I can tell the villainous cabal of gangstalking Torontonian Tribes players is FYAD-only

Punished Chuck has a new favorite as of 17:15 on Nov 22, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
lmao @ FAU probe

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

He posts insane screeds and conspiracy theories all over the forums but as far as I can tell the villainous canal of gangstalking Torontonian Tribes players is FYAD-only

He's expanding into new markets. This week, in GBS, he accused me of being part of a baby molesting family and my name is, apparently, Tyler

Drunk Nerds has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Nov 22, 2019

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Also the baby molesting was somehow necessary to land my wife who is severely autistic.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Huh, I guess having a wife be really into any trains can be a problem.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Baby toucher Tyler doo doo doo

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Whatever happened to Kyoon?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Drunk Nerds posted:

He's expanding into new markets. This week, in GBS, he accused me of being part of a baby molesting family and my name is, apparently, Tyler

Is Dare actually back? They were gone for so long I was hoping they had received successful treatment. I guess it's also quite possible they were incarcerated and recently got released, too.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

ExplodingSims posted:

Whatever happened to Kyoon?

I think he just quit showing up. Kyoon is ban on sight and didn't exactly go through great efforts to hide the fact that it was another Kyoon rereg every time.

Granted that's assuming all the Kyoon reregs were the real Kyoon. It wouldn't shock me at all if most of the reregs were just bored goons with :10bux: to burn deciding to :sax: all over the forums for a bit.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Is Dare actually back? They were gone for so long I was hoping they had received successful treatment. I guess it's also quite possible they were incarcerated and recently got released, too.

They're back and they were reregging so fast that a guy who posted about in QCS pointed out mid thread that he had found another account by adding one to the user ID.

They permabanned it before they made a single post. It was another variation on "gently caress you nazis" so it was easy to identify.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Dare is like that crazy uncle. You don't actually want to see him but when he shows up it's like "oh good Uncle Jim didn't die in his car"

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Len posted:

Dare is like that crazy uncle. You don't actually want to see him but when he shows up it's like "oh good Uncle Jim didn't die in his car"

Tbh he's doing better than a few goons in that regard

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

purple death ray posted:

god drat

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

purple death ray posted:

I definitely would not eat any pills I found in Dare’s safe, though.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Floor pills are fine tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I definitely would not eat any pills I found in Dare’s safe, though.
Remember when safes held fun stuff like the deed to Dracula's Castle?