Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Lady Gaza posted:

I feel like this fits the thread title very well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-55nwoXHG-w

this is great

the next video after it, 'poo poo job' is great too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

Tigntink posted:

Speaking of MLMs - just hired a guy who used to some IT work for this:

https://www.pureromance.com/

Apparently his wife was in pretty early. Having a hard time not making fun of it during work hours. We googled it right before his interview, clicked the shop button, and then quietly closed our browsers.

Know someone who does this. She calls herself the "Door to Door Dildo Diva".

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

That reminds me that my boss was trying a little too hard to get our team assigned the project to make Adam & Eve .com's mobile site :v:

(We wound up not even getting them as a client, oh well)

e: Also that pure romance site is even more overpriced than I expected. Let me tell you how much you should be paying for a 6" rubber dong, it is definitely not $30+. Very BWDongs.

There is an A/T thread on a guy who makes custom dildos. I guess people pay a lot more than $30.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Tuft and Needle and Casper are two very good mattresses you can order from amazon.

Perfect Cloud and Dream Sleep are also good, but are budget brands.

Tuft and Casper will run you $600 to $800 for a Queen.

Perfect Cloud and Dream Sleep are in the $300 to $500 range for a Queen.

Leesa, which gets the best reviews from what I've seen, is another option. There's a referral that in coupons for a discount.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Casper is GWM if you don't like it because the company will pick it up within 100 days, give you your money back, and recycle it. Bad with the environment, though.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
From a high school classmate's facebook post:

quote:

Confession: my name is REDACTED and I am addicted to LuLaRoe leggings.
I'm hosting a party at my house next Sunday 2-4pm if anyone local is interested in checking it out! If you aren't local but are interested in anything in particular, let me know, I can shop the racks for you!

:negative:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Nail Rat posted:

From a high school classmate's facebook post:

GWM, but maybe a Bad Person / Bad With Life move:

I went on two dates with a girl. She asked me out for a third and I turned her down. She was great in a lot of ways, but on both dates, she talked about how she was going to quit teaching high school because it was so stressful and wanted to sell LuLaRoe and Baby Tutus / Flower headbands full time.

That was 90% of the reason I didn't go back for a third date.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

quote:

That was 90% of the reason I didn't go back for a third date.

I think you were entirely justified with this.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Nail Rat posted:

I think you were entirely justified with this.

I meant me turning down an otherwise perfectly nice girl was probably GWM, but Bad Person.

This lady's situation seems almost destined to be BWM and Bad with Friendships.

Edit: Doh, you fixed it right as I quoted.

Double Edit: Why is there a market for baby tutus?

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Sep 26, 2016

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

JohnGalt posted:

Know someone who does this. She calls herself the "Door to Door Dildo Diva".
Calls herself that jokingly, or did she get some business cards printed up? Because I think that could loop around to GWM if you hook enough people with the catchy title.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

In the continuing misadventures of my young 28k a year female coworker:

I had lunch with her today and she told me that she and her fiance are paying $1,240 a month on the mortgage for the new house they put 7k down on. Their old rent was $1,280.

My rent is $564 with 2 roommates and the average 1 BR in the area is $800-$900.

Her Fiance also has a car lease on an F-250 that he gets a discount on from the rental car place he works at. I have no idea what they pay, but I'm sure it isn't a great deal.

She is really nice, but I want to put her picture under "American Consumerism.JPG"

Too much house, too much car, too much wedding, and think that drowning in debt is "just the way it is."

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

In the continuing misadventures of my young 28k a year female coworker:

I had lunch with her today and she told me that she and her fiance are paying $1,240 a month on the mortgage for the new house they put 7k down on. Their old rent was $1,280.

My rent is $564 with 2 roommates and the average 1 BR in the area is $800-$900.

Her Fiance also has a car lease on an F-250 that he gets a discount on from the rental car place he works at. I have no idea what they pay, but I'm sure it isn't a great deal.

She is really nice, but I want to put her picture under "American Consumerism.JPG"

Too much house, too much car, too much wedding, and think that drowning in debt is "just the way it is."

:smug: You're just jealous because they are saving $40/mo on housing AND are on the property ladder!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

canyoneer posted:

:smug: You're just jealous because they are saving $40/mo on housing AND are on the property ladder!

This is pretty much exactly what she said; minus the jealousy part.

She said, "Yeah... we're only saving $40 a month, but that's because we only put $7,000 down. But now we're saving $40 a month and paying it to ourselves instead of a landlord. This way we can get something back and not have to pay a lot upfront when we get our next home."

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I was going to say "well to be fair they'll be getting a fairly substantial amount of that mortgage payment back as a tax refund," but not on such low income.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
How can someone only come up with $7,000 as a down-payment. They are either dumb or can't afford the house.

Also I like baby pictures but there's something about those posed ones with the baby headbands that remind me of awful engagement photos.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

cowofwar posted:

Also I like baby pictures but there's something about those posed ones with the baby headbands that remind me of awful engagement photos.

Because they're mega trendy and will date your photos?

My wife's sister got married in the 90's, and they are wearing denim overalls in their engagement photos :laugh:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

In the next update, it will turn out that the $7k was actually a loan from her grandmother.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Ashcans posted:

In the next update, it will turn out that the $7k was actually a loan from her grandmother.

Posted it earlier, but it was from mom.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Lady Gaza posted:

I feel like this fits the thread title very well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-55nwoXHG-w

That was really loving funny. The lawyer having a Dutch name was a great authentic touch. I grew up in Grand Rapids and didn't know until I was about 20 that Amway/Alticor/Quixtar was just a huge MLM. They even trucked my middle school class out to the HQ for a 'field trip' once and all I can remember is them attempting to market Amway brand shampoo to a bunch of 13 year olds.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ha! That's hilarious! Say guys, do any of you like to cook? Because with these Cutco knives I have here you, and your family, can enjoy cooking with the precision and quality of a several thousand dollar chef knife, but with a lifetime warranty and at a fraction of the cost. Here, let's take this can here.....

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
Guys, I think we've just hit peak BWM.

Price: 20,000 Euros

Spotted by my dad. Thanks, dad!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

oopsie rock posted:

Yeah that was on The Worst Things for Sale a while back, you used to be able to buy them on amazon for some reason

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah that was on The Worst Things for Sale a while back, you used to be able to buy them on amazon for some reason

Well, now you can buy them in Paris! Which is where he found it.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

BraveUlysses posted:

this is great

the next video after it, 'poo poo job' is great too

BWM: Going into an MLM
GWM: rear end pennies?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

oopsie rock posted:

Is that a horse with a loving lamp on its head?

VendaGoat fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 27, 2016

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

VendaGoat posted:

Is that a horse with a loving lamp on its head?

No, it's a lamp with a horse base. The horse is the lamp :aaa:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

No, it's a lamp with a horse base. The horse is the lamp :aaa:

:supaburn: RUN FOR YOUR FUCKIN' LIVES!

potatoducks
Jan 26, 2006
That's neutral with money. Any person who buys that is either able to afford it easily or is manic. Nobody is going into credit card debt over a $20k horse lamp.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

potatoducks posted:

That's neutral with money. Any person who buys that is either able to afford it easily or is manic. Nobody is going into credit card debt over a $20k horse lamp.

People, from, Virgina.

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010

Sirotan posted:

That was really loving funny. The lawyer having a Dutch name was a great authentic touch. I grew up in Grand Rapids and didn't know until I was about 20 that Amway/Alticor/Quixtar was just a huge MLM. They even trucked my middle school class out to the HQ for a 'field trip' once and all I can remember is them attempting to market Amway brand shampoo to a bunch of 13 year olds.

I as well grew up in the shadow of Amway. Their headquarters was a couple miles down the road from my house. The corporate jobs were pretty nice as I recall. The owners' genetic downline, however, left something to be desired.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

oopsie rock posted:

On the other hand, it won't keel over and die suddenly because you sneezed or a bee-shaped cloud floated overhead. Ought to hold its value better in the long term.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

I think I just witnessed a person be so BWM that they looped around into being good with money.

My Coworker:

BWM: They booked a ~$5,000 pre-wedding vacation to Aruba

I sat next to a couple on the way to Curacao last year for their honeymoon. I've spent over a year there for various work trips. I asked if they scuba dived, and they said no. They pretty much just picked it out of a website.

Droo
Jun 25, 2003

TLG James posted:

I sat next to a couple on the way to Curacao last year for their honeymoon. I've spent over a year there for various work trips. I asked if they scuba dived, and they said no. They pretty much just picked it out of a website.

I am also confused when people come to the United States and don't go shooting. I've lived here for 35 years, why would you bother to come here if not for the guns?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Droo posted:

I am also confused when people come to the United States and don't go shooting. I've lived here for 35 years, why would you bother to come here if not for the guns?

McDonald's and Burger king make a compelling point.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Droo posted:

Maybe they just love the death-defying thrill of knowing that at any minute you could get in a serious accident and be bankrupted by the resulting medical bills

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Maybe they just love the death-defying thrill of knowing that at any minute you could get in a serious accident and be bankrupted by the resulting medical bills

I find that thrilling and I live here. It's why I keep burner med cards in my wallet and my real one at home. Jokes on you hospital!

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

TLG James posted:

I know someone who went on a honeymoon to Martha's Vineyard. They wanted to go wine tasting.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

TLG James posted:

What's wrong with doing that?

Where do you get your info from? Most of my knowledge and info is from the internet :(

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

SpelledBackwards posted:

On the other hand, it won't keel over and die suddenly because you sneezed or a bee-shaped cloud floated overhead. Ought to hold its value better in the long term.

I love that out of a 644 page thread, the thing we have all learned is that horses die thinking about ants

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Switchback posted:

I love that out of a 644 page thread, the thing we have all learned is that horses die thinking about ants

Except of course that's complete bullshit too. It just sounds funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

oopsie rock posted:

...I want that.