Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

TheShazbot posted:

all work was done professionally

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Well, they didn't get any on the seats. That means it's better than maaco.

Also, seeing that the youtube douche who replaced the whole aluminum crash structure of his salvage evora with chunks of booger welded steel, and somehow got that on the road, i wouldn't go near an american rebuilt vehicle.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Got a link to that? Sounds like a train wreck.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Got a link to that? Sounds like a train wreck.

https://youtu.be/GQNU6spAh2s?list=PLHFFREt3OXLHAFucBh2tnwtU6LfLGHS_m&t=591

Dumb lotus engineers, amirite?

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I'm going to guess it was B is for Build before even clicking the link. Guy does sketchy, sketchy work. And worse, he's a local.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
His work is sketchy but he's clearly learning as he does stuff. He seems like a good dude.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

PaintVagrant posted:

His work is sketchy but he's clearly learning as he does stuff. He seems like a good dude.

When does he learn what happens when you guestimate how crumple zones work, and have 4 point harnesses with no airbag?

Is it gonna be like when dale learned how the hans device works?

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Powershift posted:

When does he learn what happens when you guestimate how crumple zones work, and have 4 point harnesses with no airbag?

Is it gonna be like when dale learned how the hans device works?

Probably, hope he films it for maximum YouTube hits

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

He has to know he's hosed in an accident, and is just hoping it never happens. Kinda like riding a motorcycle :v:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

He has to know he's hosed in an accident, and is just hoping it never happens. Kinda like riding a motorcycle :v:

Have been in several motorcycle accidents. Was not hosed.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

PCOS Bill posted:

Have been in several motorcycle accidents. Was not hosed.

Have been in several motorcycle accidents. Would be dead if I was a squid.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Have been in one myself. Would be dead without a helmet.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I had one where I'd probably have had less brain trauma without a helmet, but I wouldn't have half of my face. (Landed in sand, modular helmet tilted and focused the impact.)

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 22, 2017

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
https://lawrence.craigslist.org/cto/6098037080.html
W201 2.6 with 35k miles

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Crack smoking northern transplants. Lets bring my rusted New Jersey jeep to Florida and I'll sell it! Jeeps are a hot market down there!

"the jeep has not rust except for a couple of small spots under the doors which is common on these jeeps.
also both fenders have been replaced with better fenders

.. it has been sitting for over a year so i have not been able to start it.
it cranks but does not start.. I'm in the process up restoring it. once i take it to the shop and do maintenance on it. ill add that to the pice.."

https://cfl.craigslist.org/cto/6030024122.html

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Crack smoking northern transplants. Lets bring my rusted New Jersey jeep to Florida and I'll sell it! Jeeps are a hot market down there!

"the jeep has not rust except for a couple of small spots under the doors which is common on these jeeps.

it cranks but does not start.. I'm in the process up restoring it. once i take it to the shop and do maintenance on it. ill add that to the pice.."

For a bit more you can have this one instead
Jersey Jeep is on the highest of crack mountains thinking he can pass of a rusty Jeep in Florida of all places. Only pool trucks have rust.

ColonelMoutard
May 24, 2004
How long can you drive around in the US for with Canadian plates? As a way around the 25 year rule. I see Florida plates here all the time on cars. But that's more of a tax/license evasion thing.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I don't know why I find this somehow appealing, it's like a delivery van and an armored personnel carrier had a bastard child.

My boss used to drive one of those and apparently the real killer feature on them was that you could prop the doors open while you're driving around and get a lovely breeze going through the interior in the summer.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

You didn't show the best thing about this "not having rust" jeep.

Nice big chunk of metal gone out of what looks like a frame rail?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

"Restoring" an ordinary car <20 years old? :raise:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

I bought this 1983 Daihatsu Hijet recently. Let's see what else we can find on Japanese Auction sites that is legal in the United States. Each picture is a link.

Toyota

Nissan

Honda

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

How much more dangerous is it to drive rhd in the us? There's so many cool cars like that but it seems a little scary :ohdear:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I can just imagine it being inconvenient more than dangerous. Overtaking on single lane roads is pretty hairy I guess

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Snowy posted:

How much more dangerous is it to drive rhd in the us? There's so many cool cars like that but it seems a little scary :ohdear:

I used to drive around Europe all the time in a rhd car, it is fine.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Postal workers do it all the time, and I've seen them on the freeway too.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Man I've wanted a Starlet ever since I had a Tercel and all the cool kids were dropping 4EFTE's into them.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Postal workers do it all the time, and I've seen them on the freeway too.

Yeah, it's not that bad in an LLV, and they have a wide track and only side view mirrors. Biggest problem for me was always accidentally getting into the passenger seat of my own car after driving one of them around all day.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

bennyfactor posted:

Yeah, it's not that bad in an LLV, and they have a wide track and only side view mirrors. Biggest problem for me was always accidentally getting into the passenger seat of my own car after driving one of them around all day.

A lounge singer called me out as American at a bar in Ireland after he saw me going to the wrong side. It's so weird when you open the door and everything is missing.

I also sometimes open the back door of a 4-door car after driving 2-door cars for a stretch. Just walk up from the back and grab the first handle you see.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Holy poo poo I owned this exact Skyline when i lived in Japan, except mine had slotted alloys. Same color, turbo 5 speed wagon. It was awesome, I should see if I can dig up the pic I have of it.

Also I paid like 2 grand for it, this one is almost 20 :v:

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Apr 23, 2017

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Oh my god, I had no idea these came in a 5-door. This is amazing.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Nissan Australia built the 5 door here. It was a nice looking car, far better than the R31 that replaced it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

One of my buddies had the exact version of that car as a sedan (RS Turbo). Lot of us had R30's because When the R32 came out they got dirt cheap and most of them had turbos.

Man I really miss the car culture in Japan, I was there when poo poo was really taking off and was too young and dumb to recognize it.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

One of my buddies had the exact version of that car as a sedan (RS Turbo). Lot of us had R30's because When the R32 came out they got dirt cheap and most of them had turbos.

Man I really miss the car culture in Japan, I was there when poo poo was really taking off and was too young and dumb to recognize it.

What did you do there?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I was in the military (AF) and lived there for 3 years in late 89 into 92. I experienced the drift culture way before it got to the states, I was way more into bikes at the time but we would go up into the mountains and sit at hairpin turns watching guys drift their Corollas, and the bikes would come through to see who could lean fastest through the turn. I would be riding mountain passes with friends and have groups of drifters fly by us, or groups of Japanese squids on bikes trying to race us. It was lots of fun and I miss it, wish I would have taken more pics and brought a Corolla home with me :(

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

oh man if i was not in college right now and had any disposable income i'd fuckin buy this poo poo right the hell now.

https://medford.craigslist.org/cto/6088666472.html

my dad had one of these when i was a kid and it was some baller-rear end weirdness. also his xt was literally the only one i've ever seen in person in my entire life.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I think this is a stupid good deal and I'm really tempted to buy it and sell my '97 850.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/6060447649.html

Strawberry
Jul 20, 2005

here is no why
It's a super clean version of the Draguar. If only I had a spare pile of cash laying around...

https://bend.craigslist.org/cto/6102209718.html

Strawberry fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 24, 2017

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Strawberry posted:

It's a super clean version of the Draguar. If only I had a spare pile of cash laying around...

https://bend.craigslist.org/cto/6102209718.html

And not a single mention of "CORVETT MOTER". Actual gold?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

financially racist posted:

oh man if i was not in college right now and had any disposable income i'd fuckin buy this poo poo right the hell now.

https://medford.craigslist.org/cto/6088666472.html

my dad had one of these when i was a kid and it was some baller-rear end weirdness. also his xt was literally the only one i've ever seen in person in my entire life.

That's on my list of weird poo poo to buy after winning the lotto. Has to be 4wd though, maybe an XT6. I'll park it next to the Isuzu Vehicross.

Meydey fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 25, 2017