Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Wouldn't it make sense to be Tyrion shooting Tywin in the 9th episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
The red wedding was the best thing ever to happen to the internet:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Woke up to this on my wife's Facebook:

So what's the episode 9 downer next year? Viper going down to the Mountain? Or will they throw us a bone and have Stannis show up at the wall and save everyone's rear end?

Tywin getting shot on the crapper.

Ep 10 will be Jon getting elected commander of the watch.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, Oberyn getting killed in the 6th or 7th ep, Mannis at the wall for the 8th, Wherever whores go for the 9th and Jon as Lord Commander for the 10th seems likely to me.

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
Welp just got caught up on the show thread and that was glorious. :allears:

stawk Archer
Jun 19, 2004

by angerbot

Contra Calculus posted:

Welp... there goes my loving fanfiction I've been writing for 8 months. THANKS, GUYS!

GRRM is reading this particular tweet right now thinking "I know what I'm going to put in the next book!"

A gorilla's dick is only 2" though.
The thing is; where do we go now? It isn't like it's going to be one episode like this again. Enjoy it while you can! Actually I'm disappointed there aren't any Youtubes of 'my girlfriend's reaction to Rains of Castamere' yet

actually I take that back: the beginning of the next episode is probably going to be Joffrey all happy. If they don't kill him off by the end of the episode, there'll be a lot of people going "gently caress this poo poo, I'm out"

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

stawk Archer posted:

I'm disappointed there aren't any Youtubes of 'my girlfriend's reaction to Rains of Castamere' yet

There's a pretty obvious reason for this.

stawk Archer posted:

The thing is; where do we go now?

The next big negative shock will be when the courageous, handsome Viper loses his duel, apparently failing to avenge his sister's murder. After that it's just a slow roll downhill. Luckily Joffrey's death will be thrown in there to give everyone a brief moment of satisfaction.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There is a bunch of fan reaction videos to the RW already, though I've only seen one that was worth sitting through and only because there was some dude eating popcorn out of a washing bowl while a girl sat next to him and did the stereotypical squeamish girl in a movie thing.

karmaconfetti
Dec 22, 2009

Wie vuur eet, schijt vonken.
Have a short cumpilation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78juOpTM3tE

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I'm on the floor, this can't get any better.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
There's still a few shockers to come. Nothing as big as this probably unless in the next two books Gurm finds a way to actually SHOCKINGLY kill characters off again.

When you think about it, only two Starks really die throughout the whole series: Robb and Ned. Jon's too heavily-hinted as being fantasy Jesus in Mel's chapters to make me think GRRM permanently killed him off. And even if he is, that stabbing scene isn't going to be as shocking as the Red Wedding.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Contra Calculus posted:

There's still a few shockers to come. Nothing as big as this probably unless in the next two books Gurm finds a way to actually SHOCKINGLY kill characters off again.

When you think about it, only two Starks really die throughout the whole series: Robb and Ned. Jon's too heavily-hinted as being fantasy Jesus in Mel's chapters to make me think GRRM permanently killed him off. And even if he is, that stabbing scene isn't going to be as shocking as the Red Wedding.

drat, I was so sure Jon's alive that I forgot he even "died."

That will basically be the end for the heroic Starks, though, which could upset some people. At least until he comes back.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Contra Calculus posted:

You can't take someone's virginity twice.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Dead Man Posting posted:

I'm on the floor, this can't get any better.

:lol:

Not only is this the one thing I desperately wanted I think one of them might be my neighbors. The sound of Talisa biting it over and over again. GLORIOUS.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

The guy laughing at his girlfriend around 3:45. This is why this show had to be made.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

:lol:

Not only is this the one thing I desperately wanted I think one of them might be my neighbors. The sound of Talisa biting it over and over again. GLORIOUS.

My upstairs neighbour was sobbing and pounding on the floor this morning. I hope it's because he was upset about Robb dying and he wasn't just having another tantrum, the stupid noisy poo poo.

Also, I think I'd start to get suspicious of what was about to happen if my SO started videotaping me while we were watching TV.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Merry GRRMmas, Bad Thread!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Contra Calculus posted:

Jon's too heavily-hinted as being fantasy Jesus in Mel's chapters to make me think GRRM permanently killed him off. And even if he is, that stabbing scene isn't going to be as shocking as the Red Wedding.

They better just Julius Caesar the hell out of that, randomly everyone's in toga, just make it obvious and stupid and we roll on from there.

Et tu, Dolorous Edd?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
A good sobby "everyone takes a turn" stabbing could work, with Thorne or Pyke forcing Edd's hand.

Question is do they have Jon do the warg eyes thing, or keep it vague?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
I just watched the episode with my friend who wasn't expecting it, and man. Yeah. So worth it. :allears:

The scene did convince him to start on the books so that he would not be so upset over the series ever again. I cannot wait for him to ADWD for DanyGRRM to take a steaming poo poo all over his hopes and expectations.

:getin:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jun 3, 2013

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

nutranurse posted:

The scene did convince him to start on the books

And there it is, the first HBO RW person I genuinely feel bad for.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Merry GRRMmas, Bad Thread!

I'd really like to know what HBO's subscriber feedback looked like after the episode aired.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
"Why are you so happy about all this?"

"Well it hurt when I read it at first too, but then I also knew that someday I would be able to watch that pain happen to a ton of other people all at once and it was totally worth it"

"But I'll never get to do that"

"Yeah. Sucks to be you."

I refrained from making joking stabbing motions toward his gut.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The best part of that reaction video is the shirtless dude who falls over in grief then hears his friends laughing at him and goes "...you knew about this?!" as if they'd been keeping his girlfriend's infidelity from him instead of a plot twist on a tv show.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
From the mouths of babes:

Saoritficis posted:

I have to agree with what some other people are saying, the plot seems so disjointed now.

I am just repeating what others have already said here, but I don't see how it's going to continue and keep being so good. The plot lines left are:

-Tyrion's "My life sucks right now" plotline. Don't get me wrong, I love Tyrion, but his plot right now isn't something to base a series on.

-The Stark kids Bran/Arya/Sansa (yea, Rickon's got nothing atm). Arya is just sorta running around aimlessly, Bran is doing something although I don't understand why it is important to the greater scheme of things at all, Sansa is... being Sansa, which is all she has been doing for 2 seasons now.

-Theon is getting tortured. That's it.

-The Ironborn are just sorta raiding and pillaging.

-Jeoffery is an rear end in a top hat and is getting married.

-Tywin is a loving boss.

-Dany is the only one who really has poo poo going on right now, but what does taking Yunkai do in relation to the game of thrones? She is on the other side of the world and her actions have no effect on the greater scheme of things in westeros. It seems like she is just travelling through the east and doing whatever pops into her head.

Isn't the entire point of the series about the Iron Throne and who rules and all that? The series has become so fractured and there are so many thing going on that have so little to do with what was the central plot at the start that now that Robb is dead and House Stark is crippled it seems like there really isn't a central plot left, it's just abunch of people doing things that really only have anything to do with each other on an distant, almost abstract level.

Unless Dany lands in Westeros in episode 2 of the next season, or the white-walkers begin an invasion in earnest, I really don't see how any of this can be brought together anymore.

Love the series, loving loved this episode, but I am seriously worried that the plot is just going to lose all cohesion and go X-Files on us.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
I watched with my mum. Her reactions was quite similar to Cat's actually, lots of yelling and threats.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Intel&Sebastian posted:

"Why are you so happy about all this?"

"Well it hurt when I read it at first too, but then I also knew that someday I would be able to watch that pain happen to a ton of other people all at once and it was totally worth it"

"But I'll never get to do that"

"Yeah. Sucks to be you."

I refrained from making joking stabbing motions toward his gut.

Don't worry, I am sure in a generation there will be unaware people we can get to watch this '10s TV Series with and reap it again, and again, and again.

What I mean is that GRRM has convinced me to have kids.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

From the mouths of babes:

That must be a book reader pulling their legs, there's no way it isn't so.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

quote:

Isn't the entire point of the series about the Iron Throne and who rules and all that?

Well yeah why else would they call the whole thing the game of ice and fire?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

It makes me bizarrely happy to randomly look through GoT threads and see "Stannis the Mannis" everywhere. Either it's my ridiculous name propagating like a virus or just convergent evolution, but drat, the best name for the best character.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Well yeah why else would they call the whole thing the game of ice and fire?
It's Game of Thrones dude, I don't know where you heard of this "ice and fire" business. Also who was that bald guy that stabbed the wolf king?

stawk Archer
Jun 19, 2004

by angerbot
Nobody is going to really want Gregor to die that badly because they haven't shown how rapey he is.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

stawk Archer posted:

Nobody is going to really want Gregor to die that badly because they haven't shown how rapey he is.

Still plenty of time for that next year. It's been hinted at already.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Urdnot Fire posted:

It's Game of Thrones dude, I don't know where you heard of this "ice and fire" business. Also who was that bald guy that stabbed the wolf king?

Uhh that was Walter the king of the twin rivers.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Plutonis posted:

That must be a book reader pulling their legs, there's no way it isn't so.

It doesn't really require a post-graduate degree in literature or television to see that the pieces are becoming unglued plot-wise at around this juncture in the story. Though he's discounting the Tyrells as a force a little, and Joffrey's death will leave the Throne question open-ended again.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Glorious. Thanks you. Sweet, sweet tears.

That poor dog though - he's all like: What's up?! We under attack?!

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Urdnot Fire posted:

I think his name is Bruce. Or is that one of the direwolves?

Urdnot Fire posted:

equity posted:

Uhh that was Walter the king of the twin rivers.

I think his name is Bruce. Or is that one of the direwolves?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I waited so long for this and the payoff has been glorious

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I watched this with my mom who is also a dirty book reader. We sat there giggling like maniacs from the moment the wedding started until the Cat died. It was our best bonding moment yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Woke up to this on my wife's Facebook:

So what's the episode 9 downer next year? Viper going down to the Mountain? Or will they throw us a bone and have Stannis show up at the wall and save everyone's rear end?

(i didn't make that, but saw it floating around)