Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Came to post this. First time I tried to order it didn’t go through, but the second did. Not sure what their stock looks like but I’d act fast if you’re interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

Uhhh, that's tempting.

gently caress it I ordered one, I am not jiving well with my Digitone and the Opsix has been on my FM synth list for a while.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

As much as I love the FM and am astounded by the Opsix, I’m not looking for more hardware right now.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

gently caress, I want one and it’s basically stolen at $300, but IDK—seems like an Opsix 2.0 or SE was always on the horizon with stuff like a better built in keyboard and onboard aftertouch

what say goons?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

opsex lol

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

:hai:

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Sounds like Korg has a big backlog of Opsixes and is trying to offload the stock, I've had a couple of sales reps contact me today to try and sell me one

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I think the release of the software version has kinda killed demand, but what do I know other than that the software version killed my own demand.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
gonna buy one and keep it in a box for 20 years…

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Tayter Swift posted:

I think the release of the software version has kinda killed demand, but what do I know other than that the software version killed my own demand.

$200 gets you the software

$300 gets you the synth + a coupon that gives you the software for $50

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I should check out the wavestate software. I really want the big board they promised though

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

A few years ago Korg did this with SDD-3000 delay pedals and then discontinued them shortly after and now they're in the 3-4x retail range

Hope its still there next pay day, brutal thing to discover on rent day lol

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Buying isn't the hobby ... But a $350 32 voice FM synthesizer is 100% in line with my sound design goals.

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
I'm currently of the mind-set: not a module = no buy

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I bought a couple of interconnect cables and figured out how to get CV out from Bitwig. And promptly lost all sense of time.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

CatBlack posted:

:same:

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Fuuuuuuck, I don't need this, I don't have space for this, I just recently blew through my gear budget... but goddamn if I don't want to explore FM synthesis at some point here, even if it has to wait till winter

What's the best bet for getting rid of older unloved gear? I've only got a very confined desk to work in and trying to stay within those confines

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

OSU_Matthew posted:

Fuuuuuuck, I don't need this, I don't have space for this, I just recently blew through my gear budget... but goddamn if I don't want to explore FM synthesis at some point here, even if it has to wait till winter

What's the best bet for getting rid of older unloved gear? I've only got a very confined desk to work in and trying to stay within those confines

I spent all day hemming and hawing about this and I actually cancelled my order. I'd really, really like to get one, and the price is amazing but, I struggle to use the gear I already have. That being said this is a loving amazing deal and I'm with dexefiend on this one, such a great price for so much sonic potential.

As for reselling, I will always recommend the gear trade thread here first, then Reverb, followed by Marketplace and Craigslist.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I see the Opsix as a great source of the rough digital sound... And I can convert it into a module if I want!

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I've been eyeing getting a proper polysynth for my birthday (by which time I should have my backroom cleared out and ready to accept one). I was looking towards getting an analog poly, but at $329, that Opsix is looking mighty tempting, especially since I don't have a poly in general (unless you count soft synths or my Juno workstation).

NuclearPotato fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 2, 2022

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

CatBlack posted:

Gas won, I'm gonna have an opsix

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

CatBlack posted:

This is the way

Shartweek
Feb 15, 2003

D O E S N O T E X I S T

NuclearPotato posted:

I've been eyeing getting a proper polysynth for my birthday (by which time I should have my backroom cleared out and ready to accept one. I was looking towards getting an analog poly, but at $329, that Opsix is looking mighty tempting, especially since I don't have a poly in general (unless you count soft synths or my Juno workstation).

Do itttttt.

watho posted:

opsex lol

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.
Man, got a second mangrove today. This poo poo is coming together. Now I just need to figure out how to waste money on my 1U row.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Gotta get that 1u zeroscope from intellijel.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

do you have midi io?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

dexefiend posted:

I see the Opsix as a great source of the rough digital sound... And I can convert it into a module if I want!

https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/mhy28a/with_a_bit_of_diy_i_turned_my_opsix_into_a/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Easy! Ordered one too

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

B33rChiller posted:

do you have midi io?

Who need that poo poo, bruh. I got an ansible.

xzzy posted:

Gotta get that 1u zeroscope from intellijel.

Was thinking this and the multi-fx.

Beaucoup Cuckoo fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 2, 2022

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

Man, got a second mangrove today. This poo poo is coming together. Now I just need to figure out how to waste money on my 1U row.

After Later Audio makes a 1u Mutable Instruments Peaks clone that I use a lot. Mosaic's got a ton of 1u modules.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

CatBlack posted:

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Beaucoup Cuckoo posted:

Thanks for posting a rack full of stuff I'm waiting for to come back in stock (and probably never will because of component shortages)! Teletype is my current most wanted module and Mannequins stuff feels like unobtanium right now, I guess you bought second hand? I've only got cold mac at the moment but really want to add a mangroves/3 sisters voice to my rack. Looking forwards to hearing what 2 mangroves can do with/to each other!

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Coolnezzz posted:

I spent all day hemming and hawing about this and I actually cancelled my order. I'd really, really like to get one, and the price is amazing but, I struggle to use the gear I already have. That being said this is a loving amazing deal and I'm with dexefiend on this one, such a great price for so much sonic potential.

As for reselling, I will always recommend the gear trade thread here first, then Reverb, followed by Marketplace and Craigslist.

I'd also suggest /r/Gear4Sale before Reverb, just to avoid fees

kidfresca
Dec 31, 2007

You're kidding, right?

John Lennon, Singer of The Beatles. He wrote the song "Imagine" and was shot and killed some time in the eighties.

Fuck has the WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY!

The first thing that happened upon moving to Canada was the OpSix deal — which only ships to the country in which I no longer live. Hmm.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
Did not pull the trigger on opsix. It's monotimbral really? Really? >:|

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

field balm posted:

Thanks for posting a rack full of stuff I'm waiting for to come back in stock (and probably never will because of component shortages)! Teletype is my current most wanted module and Mannequins stuff feels like unobtanium right now, I guess you bought second hand? I've only got cold mac at the moment but really want to add a mangroves/3 sisters voice to my rack. Looking forwards to hearing what 2 mangroves can do with/to each other!

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1985801

Yeah, I've been in the game since the beginning of the pandemic and I've mostly bought used.

Got lucky with the JF at perfect circuit and actually got it for 10% off brand new, but the rest of the mannequins I've just had to stalk around for like a jungle cat in discords.

Won one of the raffle 3 sisters and I think it was the first time in my life I ever won a raffle.

I think you'd be surprised how often they come up. Mangroves most common to 3 sisters being the least common.

And if you want a TXO i'd be prepared to jump on it immediately.

I'd highly recommend getting on the lines forum - their trade forum is pretty sick.

If you're not a DIY guy, I'd also recommend waiting around for one of the newer teletypes (black or green PCB, I can't remember off hand) so you don't have to get an i2c bus to connect it up to things.

Beaucoup Cuckoo fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Aug 2, 2022

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Startyde posted:

Did not pull the trigger on opsix. It's monotimbral really? Really? >:|

Buy two for $700?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I've been playing with AI generative instrument images, and it amuses me that even though AI is doing an acceptable job pretending to mock up TE's convoluted UIs, not even a computer can imagine them making a full size device (prompt was "88 key synthesizer made by Teenage Engineering", and I messed with it a LOT to try to get it to do a full size KB)

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Haha that’s awesome though, I wonder what an ai Roland boutique would look like

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

dexefiend posted:

Buy two for $700?

buy one for $300 and buy a second, software one for $50 with the crossgrade voucher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
honestly the software being $200 on its own is what did it for me.

At that point you’re basically getting the synth for $150 and that’s Keystep money for something that has a legitimately unique control scheme + use case

like even if you think of it as just a pricey dongle, it’s more than fair at $150