Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Drink and Fight posted:

What the gently caress is fake honey?

e: whoever gave me this avatar gently caress yooooooooou

Corn syrup, mainly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Drink and Fight posted:

What the gently caress is fake honey?
HFCS, mostly.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

bartolimu posted:

The correct burger is 70/30, cooked medium rare, with blue cheese (preferably Maytag or, if you can get it, Bayley Hazen; for bonus points hit it with a blowtorch to melt/char) and kimchi. Thin layer of fully-caramelized onions on the bottom bun is optional but highly recommended. And that is exactly as loving American as any other burger, thank you very much.

And I really like ultra-peaty scotches but whatever, I'll drink Jameson if someone offers it.

I...... uh....

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!
As a European. Watching sitcoms and American movies there are always references to different types of candy and snacks that we don't have here. So I imported a box of various snacks that I have heard of but never tasted.

Featured

Twinkies
Pop Tarts
cadbury cream eggs
cool aid
cheetos
Hershey bar

I admit that I underestimated how many poptars I would be getting. And what I assumed to be a box of coolaid was in fact a tiny packet.

How do you cook a pop tart properly? The box says to microwave it for 3 seconds. That doesn't seem like a lot. I don't own a toaster.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

It doesn't take much. Those things are pure sugar, but they have the low time so kids don't make a molten sugar tart and bite into it. I used to always love dipping them in milk, usually without any sort of cooking. It doesn't look like you got any chocolate based pop tarts which is a shame, but I at least don't see cinnamon.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

It doesn't take much. Those things are pure sugar, but they have the low time so kids don't make a molten sugar tart and bite into it. I used to always love dipping them in milk, usually without any sort of cooking. It doesn't look like you got any chocolate based pop tarts which is a shame, but I at least don't see cinnamon.

I got wildberry, raspberry, cinnamon and rootbeer.

You weren't kidding about molten sugar tarts. I did 7 seconds and almost burned my mouth.

Is this coolaid packet serious? one CUP of sugar? For this tiny little thing?

I don't even know if I have that much sugar. I barely use sugar.

Dejawesp fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Feb 15, 2017

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Pop tarts go in the toaster. That's the "pop" part of them.

That kool-aid pack is basically food colouring with a bit of a fruit scent. It needs sugar. I also didn't know that they still sold the little envelopes like that. I haven't seen them in the stores for like ten years.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Dejawesp posted:

As a European. Watching sitcoms and American movies there are always references to different types of candy and snacks that we don't have here. So I imported a box of various snacks that I have heard of but never tasted.

Featured

Twinkies
Pop Tarts
cadbury cream eggs
cool aid
cheetos
Hershey bar

I admit that I underestimated how many poptars I would be getting. And what I assumed to be a box of coolaid was in fact a tiny packet.

How do you cook a pop tart properly? The box says to microwave it for 3 seconds. That doesn't seem like a lot. I don't own a toaster.

As said, that's a big jar of Kool-Aid with the sugar not included.
That's actually not the canonical Hershey bar, but it's one you will likely find palatable, as it's just white chocolate and cookie bits. The true Hershey bar is characterized by (a)being extremely milky and (b) being slightly butrysized.

And aren't Cadbury eggs, like all Cadbury items, British?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Not anymore, they've got the lovely hersheys recipe chocolate now.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Test Pattern posted:

As said, that's a big jar of Kool-Aid with the sugar not included.
That's actually not the canonical Hershey bar, but it's one you will likely find palatable, as it's just white chocolate and cookie bits. The true Hershey bar is characterized by (a)being extremely milky and (b) being slightly butrysized.

And aren't Cadbury eggs, like all Cadbury items, British?

Yeah you're probably right but I was shopping for pop tarts and the store had cadbury eggs as well and I remember an American friend saying he missed cadbury eggs. While I was in the British section I also picked up one of these

(googled picture because the phone camera didn't turn out well)

Turns out kidney is actual kidney and not kidney beans as I expected.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Do not add the kool aid packet to straight booze assuming it will be enough to flavor it

23 years later I still can't drink gin

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

FishBulb posted:

Do not add the kool aid packet to straight booze assuming it will be enough to flavor it

23 years later I still can't drink gin

You suffered so the rest of us don't have to :911:

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
But you can mix it with rum and water for a hobo-drink.

As for the cheetos you should have gotten the Flamin' Hot ones.

PurplPenisEata
Jul 21, 2004
I WANT TO BLOW DOUCHEBAG CHEFS

Croatoan posted:

Croatoan is usually not wrong about things, but I think this is the most correct he has ever been.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Croatoan posted:

But you can mix it with rum and water for a hobo-drink.

I may have to order more then. Chocolate pop tarts and Flamin' Hot cheetos.

Oh! they have butterfingers. I've never had those.

Dejawesp fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Feb 15, 2017

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Are those the caramel cadbury eggs? I thought the standard eggs were a different color (blue green and red I think).

Edit: If you're gonna get awful american snacks, i would also add Funyuns and Andy Capp hot fries if you can find them.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Frito lay bean dip in a can

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Are those the caramel cadbury eggs? I thought the standard eggs were a different color (blue green and red I think).

Edit: If you're gonna get awful american snacks, i would also add Funyuns and Andy Capp hot fries if you can find them.

The eggs were soft on the inside with varying types of colored mush :cry:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dejawesp posted:

The eggs were soft on the inside with varying types of colored mush :cry:

They should have white and yellow fondant inside. It should be relatively creamy. If it's kind of stiff, it's because the egg has a hole in the seam where the halves are joined and it dried out. Sucks to get one of those.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

They should have white and yellow fondant inside. It should be relatively creamy. If it's kind of stiff, it's because the egg has a hole in the seam where the halves are joined and it dried out. Sucks to get one of those.

It was sort of like.... Honey. Not soft honey but that honey you have to dig out with a spoon.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

CommonShore posted:

That kool-aid pack is basically food colouring with a bit of a fruit scent. It needs sugar. I also didn't know that they still sold the little envelopes like that. I haven't seen them in the stores for like ten years.

Really? I get them pretty consistently (I add sucralose).

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ulmont posted:

Really? I get them pretty consistently (I add sucralose).

The disappearance might be a Canada thing? poo poo, I haven't even seen off-brand kool-aid envelopes in a while. All that's available is the pre-sugared tubs.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

You need to buy some Doritos.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Squashy Nipples posted:

You need to buy some Doritos.

We sometimes have Doritos here actually. As corn chips go they are not very impressive.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Now you need them in Taco form. I know TB has a taco truck they can transport via helicopter so you should get on that.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

I have to say. Twinkies are pretty crap.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Get yourself some BBQ Fritos, make some chili, then put together a Frito Pie.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frito_pie

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

imo flaming hot cheetos or whatever buffalo wing chips exist are the only worthwhile snack food outside of nuts or popcorn.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dejawesp posted:

I have to say. Twinkies are pretty crap.

They really are. Ho-hos, Ding Ding Dongs, little Debbie Zebra Cakes...they're still kind of crap too but they're better than twinkies.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

They really are. Ho-hos, Ding Ding Dongs, little Debbie Zebra Cakes...they're still kind of crap too but they're better than twinkies.

Would you say it's the variation in texture that makes them better? Stronger flavorant? Asking for a friend.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Get yourself some BBQ Fritos, make some chili, then put together a Frito Pie.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frito_pie

quote:

Frito pie is a dish popular in... Frito pie can be prepared in a casserole dish, but itinerant versions prepare it in a single-serve Fritos-type corn chip bag with various ingredients as toppings

That is horrifying. I have to have it!

Dejawesp fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Feb 16, 2017

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

twinkies are fine. it's hard to not like greasy-rear end too-moist-to-be-real cake on some level

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

OMGVBFLOL posted:

twinkies are fine. it's hard to not like greasy-rear end too-moist-to-be-real cake on some level

I wouldn't buy one but I would have one if it was served and I had something to drink with it.

I don't get how twinkies can't be good. It's literally sponge cake with cream filling. Failure should be impossible.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Dejawesp posted:

That is horrifying. I have to have it!
BBQ Fritos and actual chili is a very...uh, upscale?...version of Frito pie. The version you'd get in e.g. a school cafeteria in Texas (at least many decades ago) is a Sloppy Joe served over (regular) Fritos instead of on a bun. Getting a grate or two of Kraft cheese(ish) was about as fancy as it got.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dejawesp posted:

I wouldn't buy one but I would have one if it was served and I had something to drink with it.

I don't get how twinkies can't be good. It's literally sponge cake with cream filling. Failure should be impossible.

There's zero flavor, and the cake is dry.

The other I mentioned have chocolate (chocolate flavor, whatever), except for the zebra cake which is iced on the outside, and actually has (artificial, no doubt) flavor and good texture variation.

Of course my favorite Little Debbie snack are the Nutty Bars (which I think they call something else on the west coast).

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

God drat sloppy joe is good

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Lol no. twinkies are a lot of things but dry isn't one of them. they're like a half-breath away from feeling like they were just soaked in vegetable oil

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

There's zero flavor, and the cake is dry.

The other I mentioned have chocolate (chocolate flavor, whatever), except for the zebra cake which is iced on the outside, and actually has (artificial, no doubt) flavor and good texture variation.

Of course my favorite Little Debbie snack are the Nutty Bars (which I think they call something else on the west coast).

I wonder if it's some sort of preserve thing. I still can't believe something this mushy can be stored in room temperature.

Stronger flavors often mean that preserving pastry's gets harder (same as meats) because things with a lot of acids attack everything else over time.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I can't believe nobody's standing up for cosmic brownies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Oatmeal Cream Pies are good (you down with OCP?)
Star Crunch is bad.