Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

evobatman posted:

A new suit.

A tux is surprisingly versatile. I wind up wearing mine a few times a year. My work dress code is t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops so it's fun to get dressed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
A m/f spinning combo and a bag of weed.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

A flashlight

One of those interactive flashlights.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

MA-Horus posted:

A flashlight

You mean the kind you flip a switch on and then point in a direction, and it creates a beam of light in that direction?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I think this flashlight interacts with your dick

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

MA-Horus posted:

A flashlight

https://i.imgur.com/8gkvvMe.gifv

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

There has to be a video with sound somewhere.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

https://twitter.com/gabbupon/status/940611129776144386

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I just realized that fleshlight corrected to flashlight.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Oh my god I can't stop laughing, this is amazing

For content, I just picked up a Hoosier cabinet:

Basically it's an all-in-one kitchen workstation with attachments and storage for spices, coffee, flour, etc, from when kitchens largely didn't have built in cabinets and storage.

I suspect my house probably had one at some point, since the cabinets were only installed in the kitchen during the 40's, and the house was built in 1905, before electricity even came to the area.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

OSU_Matthew posted:

Basically it's an all-in-one kitchen workstation with attachments and storage for spices, coffee, flour, etc, from when kitchens largely didn't have built in cabinets and storage.

I suspect my house probably had one at some point, since the cabinets were only installed in the kitchen during the 40's, and the house was built in 1905, before electricity even came to the area.

I wanted one of these so bad when I was renting an old condo that had no kitchen storage. That's a nice looking one. Does it have the flour storage funnel inside it still?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Went to the mall the other day and bought my first non-Walmart, non-cruiser skateboard! In case anyone's curious it has:
-Mob Grip tape
-ATM deck
-Independent trucks
-Reds bearings
-Spitfire wheels

Pretty excited to get out there and eat poo poo!

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

OSU_Matthew posted:

Oh my god I can't stop laughing, this is amazing

Whoa, my grandmother has one of those and it's freaking identical to that.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

-Independent trucks
-Reds bearings
-Spitfire wheels

That was my goto setup when I was young. I was really into zero decks and black magic grip tape though.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Bubb Rubbing one out

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

I narrowly avoided spitting quiche all over my laptop in a bakery just now. It wasn't even the video, it was that I started imagining what the sound was in my head and I just burst out laughing. Sadly the real sound wasn't as funny as it was in my head.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fayez Butts posted:

Whoa, my grandmother has one of those and it's freaking identical to that.

Had.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Does anyone have any UPS recommendations? Browsing Amazon, it looks like a bunch of recent reviews on highly rated models aren't great and my livelihood lives on my computer (and on a remote backup, but still).

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Slimy Hog posted:

That was my goto setup when I was young. I was really into zero decks and black magic grip tape though.

Me too!
I had the Jamie Thomas "Leap of Faith" in green as my main board for ages.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

NewFatMike posted:

Does anyone have any UPS recommendations? Browsing Amazon, it looks like a bunch of recent reviews on highly rated models aren't great and my livelihood lives on my computer (and on a remote backup, but still).

Take a look at some of the more commercial ones if you want something that isn't going to suck. You will be out a few hundred bucks. The reality is you only need a few minutes to save and shutdown.

Hit up craigslist to buy a used one, make sure the batteries come out of it before handing over the cash. Dump the batteries at an auto parts store and buy new ones. Make sure it has a USB connector to hook up to your computer or NAS.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I decided to get a used Eaton off ebay and it has been great.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Copped these for 60% off hell yeah

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Josh Lyman posted:

Copped these for 60% off hell yeah

Nice. How? Been looking to pick up a pair of boosts.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

I picked up an ovation balladeer last weekend at the thrift shop, and needed an amp to go with it.

Got this guy today. Vox ad15vt. It’s been fun so far.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

H110Hawk posted:

Take a look at some of the more commercial ones if you want something that isn't going to suck. You will be out a few hundred bucks. The reality is you only need a few minutes to save and shutdown.

Hit up craigslist to buy a used one, make sure the batteries come out of it before handing over the cash. Dump the batteries at an auto parts store and buy new ones. Make sure it has a USB connector to hook up to your computer or NAS.

Thank you! That's super helpful, the mass market ones had super mixed reviews.

taqueso posted:

I decided to get a used Eaton off ebay and it has been great.

Looks like the direction I'll be going in, thanks for your help!

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Went to the mall the other day and bought my first non-Walmart, non-cruiser skateboard! In case anyone's curious it has:
-Mob Grip tape
-ATM deck
-Independent trucks
-Reds bearings
-Spitfire wheels

I've contemplated buying a skateboard to learn how, but there is absolutely nothing on earth less cool than a 30 year old man trying to learn to skateboard.

A friend of a friend apparently goes to his local public skate park at like 5 AM before work for this very reason, to try to practice/learn without anyone seeing him

knows a black guy
Jun 18, 2005

SgtScruffy posted:

I've contemplated buying a skateboard to learn how, but there is absolutely nothing on earth less cool than a 30 year old man trying to learn to skateboard.

A friend of a friend apparently goes to his local public skate park at like 5 AM before work for this very reason, to try to practice/learn without anyone seeing him

You might try longboarding! Having much larger wheels much further apart makes it feel like a more relaxed, forgiving experience for me. That being said, I have no idea how to stop, and took a large sheet of skin off my arm last summer when I had to bail.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Coffee And Pie posted:

-Reds bearings

Abec 7 or bust

Slimy Hog posted:

F yea black magic grip tape is the bestest

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

knows a black guy posted:

You might try longboarding! Having much larger wheels much further apart makes it feel like a more relaxed, forgiving experience for me. That being said, I have no idea how to stop, and took a large sheet of skin off my arm last summer when I had to bail.

Naw my goal would be to go to skate parks and grind on poo poo, not as a mode of transportation.

Which, again, unless you are Actually Tony Hawk, you would be hello_fellow_kids.gif irl

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Snowmankilla posted:

Nice. How? Been looking to pick up a pair of boosts.
Adidas had 50% off select colorways and I used a 20% off coupon on top.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

SgtScruffy posted:

wtf are you talking about? I worked with a guy who was sponsored by Independent and still skating, he's over 50. He still gets free stuff from them. Just be careful if you have decent insurance. If you have no insurance/poo poo insurance you should probably avoid it for now and play THPS instead.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
The lame part doesn't come from skating at 30 but from learning to skate at 30.

You should still do it though (if you don't mind getting injured and breaking bone at 30)

colas
Feb 14, 2007

If any kids laugh at you just beat them up or talk to their parents or something (they'll also laugh at you).

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
If any kids make fun of you just let them know you can legally drink and own a car.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Seduce the alpha kid's mom.

Become his stepdad.

Take away his skateboard.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Destroy the skateboard, install wheels on the mom, ride her into the sunset.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Trabant posted:

Seduce the alpha kid's dad.

Become his gay stepdad.

"who's gay now?!".

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

If any kids make fun of you just let them know you can legally drink and own a car.

Also remind them that you've had sex. Even if it isn't true.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Speaking of skateboarding, I managed to snag a t-shirt in the supreme drop. Not sure if I'm gonna keep it or sell it since I accidentally got a medium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My GF got me a T short with the entire Bee Movie script.

Old dead meme. I love it.