Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Tekopo posted:

Why does the quadjumper have 5 tractor tokens :stare:

One of the pilots puts them on everyone he bumps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Some Numbers posted:

I just think it's really interesting that there was such a huge lull after Wave 8 and now we're getting Wave 10 announcements before Wave 9 even hits stores.

True, but my wallet loved that lull time :(
I'm honestly surprised there wasn't an epic scum ship announced that had the fix to the StarViper with it. Or a Scum Aces pack.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Am I reading Kylo Ren's condition correctly that it will deal a crit through shields?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Only three ships in Wave X? What are the odds of an extra addition like the first TFA ships were?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

jivjov posted:

Only three ships in Wave X? What are the odds of an extra addition like the first TFA ships were?

A secret Rogue One ship or two in the fall?

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

canyoneer posted:

Am I reading Kylo Ren's condition correctly that it will deal a crit through shields?

No, when you take crit damage and still have shields, you aren't dealt anything. When you're down to hull and are finally "dealt" a crit, you take the card from the condition first rather than your damage deck.

I think?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

jivjov posted:

Could be that it's going to be one ship per faction from here on out?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Tacopocalypse posted:

No, when you take crit damage and still have shields, you aren't dealt anything. When you're down to hull and are finally "dealt" a crit, you take the card from the condition first rather than your damage deck.

I think?

This is how it works. Every Crit is Blinded Pilot.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
What's the text on A Score to Settle? I can't make it out.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

overdesigned posted:

What's the text on A Score to Settle? I can't make it out.

During setup, before the 'Place Forces' step, choose 1 enemy ship and assign the 'A Debt to Pay' Condition card to it.

When attacking a ship that has the 'A Debt to Pay' Condition card, you may change 1 (eye) result to a (crit) result.

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."
You know, Kylo crew might work out okay with RADM Chiraneau. Choose and assign the crit, Chiraneau changes the 👁 to a 💥, the ship takes Blinded Pilot or whatever it is you chose.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Tacopocalypse posted:

I think?

Card text reads "when you suffer critical damage, you are instead dealt the chosen Faceup damage card"
Rules Reference under "Critical Damage" reads During an attack, a ship suffers one critical damage for each uncanceled CRIT result.

Further in the "Damage" section:
When a ship suffers a damage or critical damage, it loses one shield token. If it does not have any shield tokens to lose, it is dealt one Damage card instead.

So it looks like "suffer a critical damage" is different from being dealt a damage card. I think that means that receiving a crit, regardless of shields, triggers that card.

In short, I don't know.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

He also has some synergy with Vader crew.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

canyoneer posted:

Card text reads "when you suffer critical damage, you are instead dealt the chosen Faceup damage card"
Rules Reference under "Critical Damage" reads During an attack, a ship suffers one critical damage for each uncanceled CRIT result.

Further in the "Damage" section:
When a ship suffers a damage or critical damage, it loses one shield token. If it does not have any shield tokens to lose, it is dealt one Damage card instead.

So it looks like "suffer a critical damage" is different from being dealt a damage card. I think that means that receiving a crit, regardless of shields, triggers that card.

In short, I don't know.

The word 'instead' implies that you would have gotten a card before.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

He also has some synergy with Vader crew.

Darths for days.
Kylo Ren driving Miss Palpatine, with Vader in a TIE Advanced.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah this is illustrating the difference between "suffer a critical damage" and "is dealt a face-up damage card" as effects. The second would bypass shields. The first does not.

e: to clarify, my opinion is that yes, the Kylo thing would bypass shields. Since you suffer a crit, then as a result are dealt a damage card as an effect (instead of losing the shield). But we're probably gonna need a FAQ or errata.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
So who else thinks the Sabine's TIE is going to be a staple, considering it's the cheapest way to get slicing tools in Rebels?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I guess I'm the odd one out that's not really excited for this wave. But I also think Kylo Ren's shuttle looks like an abominations and I'm not into the looks of the QuadJumper.

Sabine's TIE is cool and all, but I prefer using her in the Phantom. Maybe the other pilots if they're as cool as Imp TIE pilots?

(Also the Armada stuff totally stole the thunder of awesome for me)

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Hey guys you know what sounds fair, balanced, and perfectly reasonable? Palp aces with a stress mechanic!

PS2 Generic — Upsilon-class Shuttle 30? (pessimistic guess, could be as low as 28)
Emperor Palpatine 8
Kylo Ren's Shuttle 2
Ship Total: 40

The Inquisitor — TIE Advanced Prototype 25
Push the Limit 3
Autothrusters 2
TIE/v1 1
Ship Total: 31

"Omega Leader" — TIE/fo Fighter 21
Juke 2
Comm Relay 3
Stealth Device 3
Ship Total: 29

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Chemmy posted:

During setup, before the 'Place Forces' step, choose 1 enemy ship and assign the 'A Debt to Pay' Condition card to it.

When attacking a ship that has the 'A Debt to Pay' Condition card, you may change 1 (eye) result to a (crit) result.

So its it's basically an Agent Kallus like effect in that it's an effect that becomes less useful the more ships your opponent has and stops working at all when the designated target is destroyed. I couldn't tell earlier, is this an EPT? If it is then it's going to be hard making the call for this over an abundance of other, less conditional upgrades competing for the same slot.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Kai Tave posted:

So its it's basically an Agent Kallus like effect in that it's an effect that becomes less useful the more ships your opponent has and stops working at all when the designated target is destroyed. I couldn't tell earlier, is this an EPT? If it is then it's going to be hard making the call for this over an abundance of other, less conditional upgrades competing for the same slot.

It's an EPT, but there's likely some other upgrade that lets you move the condition.

Both Kylo Ren's pilot ability and crew card reference his condition.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I love the Kylo/Vader synergy and will have to run the Ghost Grampa Reunion Shuttle at least once.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

This wave looks cool, all except for the Condition cards. I really don't think the game needs another level of complexity; it's already mentally taxing remembering everything as it is.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Don't worry, there's tokens for that :v:

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
At some point you gotta find a way to add mechanics. There's only so many ways you can have rule modifiers as pilot skills and meaningful variations on four numbers for ship stats.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

What's this?

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
That's the "coordinate" action icon from huge ships. Action: another ship at range 1-2 may perform a free action.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

I AM THE MOON posted:

ha ha coordinate + quickdraw

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

Wait, what's the synergy with Coordinate and Quickdraw?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

My guess is letting Quickdraw focus or target lock before he moves through a rock to take a damage and can make a modified attack. :shrug:

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

Sabine Wren TIE Fighter + Title + Intel Agent

17 points and you can bump any ace pilot.

18 points and get Slicing Tools as well.

Turkson fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 6, 2016

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

I am absolutely stocked about this wave, Sabine's TIE just seems a million times more useful to the Rebels than the ARC.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

overdesigned posted:

At some point you gotta find a way to add mechanics. There's only so many ways you can have rule modifiers as pilot skills and meaningful variations on four numbers for ship stats.

Adding some of the Epic mechanics to regular ships seems like a good way of doing that, whereas adding another thing to worry about timing correctly while setting up is going to make tournament play annoying.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
That shuttle coordinate action is going to make Whisper disgusting. Why yes, I would like to decloak and then barrel roll before revealing my manoeuvre. Also: Soontir pushing the limit for focus focus evade, before revealing a green hard 2 and shedding stress, then still being able to still do a post dial movement and the best part is being unstressed and immune to slicer tools.

Imperials get the best toys.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I am confused why people are so excited for Sabine's Tie Fighter. Outside of a cheap Slicer's Tool ship, what does it bring that a bandit squadron and vectored thrusters doesn't bring?

Or is it just that the paint job looks nice (which it does)?

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

Her ability to boost or barrel roll before revealing a maneuver makes her a pretty good cheap platform to stay in range for any buffs/debuffs provided by Crew or Illicit upgrades. At least better than a Bomber Shuttle in my opinion.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Toss expiremental interface and squad leader on the new shuttle. Give out all the actions!

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Tacopocalypse posted:

Her ability to boost or barrel roll before revealing a maneuver makes her a pretty good cheap platform to stay in range for any buffs/debuffs provided by Crew or Illicit upgrades. At least better than a Bomber Shuttle in my opinion.

Okay, gotcha. It's not the ship in general, it's the specific ability that is on a cheap ship with a usable dial (compared to the attack shuttle).

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The problem with Sabine's TIE that I expect to see crop up in lists that try to make use of it is that it's an Imperial-style ship, that is to say fragile and relying on high Agility to remain undamaged, except it has no access to any of the tools Imperial players use to mitigate green dice from loving them over...it can't equip Autothrusters, Rebs don't have a Palp-analogue, and because every pilot is unique you can't go with a swarm strategy where sheer numbers outweighs the prospect of one or two of your ships dying due to statistical variance over the course of a game. I mean anybody can run into bad luck, Soontir could in theory roll five blanks on defense and a single uncancelled crit could turn into Major Explosion/Direct hit, but regular ol' TIEs are inherently fragile and adding a single TIE to your list seems like one of those things that leans more towards gimmicky than good, but I suppose we'll need to see what all those unique upgrade options are to tell one way or the next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

By the looks of the card title and the Ion Tokens it comes with, that one Illicit upgrade is certainly an "EMP Device" that ionizes nearby ships instead of attacking like a Feedback Array. The crew (and PS4 Pilot) is Captain Rex. Looks like you might get a token if you miss an attack. Third is "Captured TIE"(?) and a bunch of Condition shenanigans that I can't even begin to suspect how it works.

• Locked thread