Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Got my Shiny Charm. Also went through the whole stack of discs to get all the Silvally forms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Dwall posted:

Wow, I thought that was just an estimate, but you weren't kidding. Thanks!

6IV Ditto + 5IV Drampa x 150 eggs = decent chance at 6IV results. :v:

Thanks to you too!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

tyblazitar posted:

Haha, I thought I was the only one who did this. Gotta get that 12 type STAB team!

12 type STAB team with 16 different type attacks. Gotta be prepared for almost everything (I had no Psychic or Ground moves).

quote:

The nice thing is, you can breed everything else onto it with the ball, so it's never useless. Breed one of those with a different-nature Ditto holding an Everstone and you'll only need one egg, if you don't have a Ditto with the right type just don't use Everstone and you'll find the right nature eventually and then you can breed from there. Same thing with abilities, natures and IVs.

Oh, I know. That part of my post mostly was a subtle attempt to get people to tell me what the best nature for a Fomantis is so I can start that breeding train :v:

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Mierenneuker posted:

Oh, I know. That part of my post mostly was a subtle attempt to get people to tell me what the best nature for a Fomantis is so I can start that breeding train :v:
With Contrary, probably Modest or Timid (gets Leaf Storm as an egg move, so its special attack would get boosted two stages).

Edit: quiet for trick room shenanigans??

notoriousman fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 4, 2016

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So what nature are all the most dickish celesteelas? I'm catching them and also might use a celesteela in my Tree team.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

tyblazitar posted:

EDIT: I went ahead and added a Beast Ball Score row using your counting function, looks like you're in the lead currently!
LIFE IS A GAME

AND I'M WINNING

(hit me up if you want the ones I have you don't, it's mostly been GTS trawling and trading Castforms for Celesteelas for stuff)

Senerio posted:

So what nature are all the most dickish celesteelas? I'm catching them and also might use a celesteela in my Tree team.
Just like with waifus, I believe Sassy is the most popular. But I've also seen Adamant.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 4, 2016

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
sorry for double post :shobon:

Dwall posted:

Sorry I missed this earlier, but I should be around all day today. A heads up, though; I haven't really been breeding what I've caught, so anything like egg moves or good IVs might take me a while to get set up. Other than that, anything I've got is good to go.
I didn't see this post somehow. Yes, I want what you have that I don't:

Caterpie
Cottonee
Pikipek
Rattata
Rockruff
Rufflet
Snubbull
Spinarak
Turtonator

I can toss you nine Beast Ball mons you don't have in return if there's nothing else you specifically want - I haven't started any real competitive breeding yet but you can get a pretty good Honedge, Mareanie, and/or Beldum off me.

I added your FC!

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 4, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

notoriousman posted:

With Contrary, probably Modest or Timid (gets Leaf Storm as an egg move, so its special attack would get boosted two stages).

Edit: quiet for trick room shenanigans??

Ah, thanks for the info. It came with Contrary and it has Leaf Storm so whoever wonder-traded this knew what they were doing. I shall gladly support their effort (I'd give a shout-out with the name here if it wasn't a random bunch of Japanese letter to me).

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I can start breeding beast roggenrollas soon

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Mierenneuker posted:

Ah, thanks for the info. It came with Contrary and it has Leaf Storm so whoever wonder-traded this knew what they were doing. I shall gladly support their effort (I'd give a shout-out with the name here if it wasn't a random bunch of Japanese letter to me).

Unfortunately, that's pretty much the limit of what it can do. It's pretty much just a hugely worse version of Serperior. Less bulk, way less speed, in exchange for a slightly higher special attack stat.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Apparently Pory2 is a top pick for VGC, which is great cause he's my favorite, but why exactly? Last time I checked he wasn't exactly a team player.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Apparently Pory2 is a top pick for VGC, which is great cause he's my favorite, but why exactly? Last time I checked he wasn't exactly a team player.

Probably Z-Conversion.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

If I had to guess, I'd say Z-Conversion might be doing something favorable that no other 'mon can do? That's all I got.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

super bulky with eviolite. trick room setter i think ??

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Eviolite makes it incredibly bulky

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

If I had to guess, I'd say Z-Conversion might be doing something favorable that no other 'mon can do? That's all I got.

Z conversion boosts all stats as well as giving it STAB on a better type than Normal. Say, Thunderbolt, which you could then also boost with Tapu Koko and furthermore gently caress phone autocorrect.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 4, 2016

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

oddium posted:

super bulky with eviolite. trick room setter i think ??

Have we really hit Trick Room meta? Pory2 is an excellent setter while also being immortal so I guess that makes sense.

Dabir posted:

Z conversion boosts all stats as well as giving it STAB on a better type than Normal. Say, Thunderbolt, which you could then also boost with Tape Look.

I also knew about Z-Conversion's crazy stat boosts and type swapping (you know, the actual point behind Conversion??) but hadn't even considered the synchronicity with Terrains :eyepop:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

trick room, weather, and now terrain are all vgc staples

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Finally got a Flare Boost Drifloon in a Beast Ball, gonna get production rolling on that. I've also got an army of Volt- and Water Absorb Chinchou and a spattering of Swift Swim/Cloud Nine Psyducks.

Edit: oh, it doesn't learn fling and can't get trick without a tutor. Hmm. Well, you can still get Unburden from it...

notoriousman fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 4, 2016

Dwall
Jun 14, 2016

DACK FAYDEN posted:

sorry for double post :shobon:

I didn't see this post somehow. Yes, I want what you have that I don't:

Caterpie
Cottonee
Pikipek
Rattata
Rockruff
Rufflet
Snubbull
Spinarak
Turtonator

I can toss you nine Beast Ball mons you don't have in return if there's nothing else you specifically want - I haven't started any real competitive breeding yet but you can get a pretty good Honedge, Mareanie, and/or Beldum off me.

I added your FC!

Added you as well. Checking the spreadsheet, I'd be interested in Beldum, Mareanie, and Oranguru. Of the ones you've listed, which would you like most?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dwall posted:

Added you as well. Checking the spreadsheet, I'd be interested in Beldum, Mareanie, and Oranguru. Of the ones you've listed, which would you like most?
ALL NINE

(honestly whichever, I just want a living Beast Ball Dex, let me breed you up an Oranguru)

edit: I have an Oranguru for you, going to eat now but will be down to trade in maybe an hour?

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 4, 2016

Dwall
Jun 14, 2016

DACK FAYDEN posted:

ALL NINE

(honestly whichever, I just want a living Beast Ball Dex, let me breed you up an Oranguru)

edit: I have an Oranguru for you, going to eat now but will be down to trade in maybe an hour?

Sure. I've got to hatch some things anyway, so that's no problem.

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
I should be getting the Ultra Beasts caught but instead I'm just chucking beast ball Mareanies out on Wonder Trade.

BLUNDERCATS! noooo
Oct 30, 2008

Anung Un Rama, Urush Un Rama

CherryCat posted:

I should be getting the Ultra Beasts caught but instead I'm just chucking beast ball Mareanies out on Wonder Trade.

Wait I'd really be down for one of those! Would you want any of these, and be down to trade? FC: 2664-2310-0134

Beast Balls:
Beldum
Deino
Gible
Dratini
Magnemite

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Truecon420 posted:

Wait.... what is the purpose of this....

At this point I'm just trying to see if I can get 30 Zygardes off the GTS before the castform economy dies.

Speaking of,

Gettin' close

E: one of those 50% zygarde is level 100 6IV HA??? So that's a neat bonus I guess?

E: also I managed to swing a Necrozma for a Feebas earlier. His listing, not mine. That was cool.

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice

BLUNDERCATS! noooo posted:

Wait I'd really be down for one of those! Would you want any of these, and be down to trade? FC: 2664-2310-0134

Beast Balls:
Beldum
Deino
Gible
Dratini
Magnemite

Yeah sure, do you have a preferred gender and do you want it nicknamed?

FC is 2552-1731-1897 I would love a Deino in return.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Zsplash is annoying

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Super bulky in using an item nobody else uses. Immune to one of the most prominent attacking types (Ghost), only weak to one of the least prominent attacking types, Fighting, because it's weak to Fairy. Tons of utility and just all around good. Also gets Recover.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Super bulky in using an item nobody else uses. Immune to one of the most prominent attacking types (Ghost), only weak to one of the least prominent attacking types, Fighting, because it's weak to Fairy. Tons of utility and just all around good. Also gets Recover.

... since when.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sockser posted:

At this point I'm just trying to see if I can get 30 Zygardes off the GTS before the castform economy dies.
I should start a STOLEN STEEL box for all these Celesteela, we're not dead yet boys.

Dwall, I'm around now if you are!

e: oh, also, who else is doing Island Scan Beast Ball catches today? I wouldn't mind coordinating. Don't want to waste my Sunday on a dupe.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 4, 2016

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Supremezero posted:

... since when.

I mean in the sense that there's not too many Fighting type mons in the meta right now, other than Pheremosa... There tons of Fighting types but not as prominent as in past generations I don't think

BLUNDERCATS! noooo
Oct 30, 2008

Anung Un Rama, Urush Un Rama

CherryCat posted:

Yeah sure, do you have a preferred gender and do you want it nicknamed?

FC is 2552-1731-1897 I would love a Deino in return.

No preferred gender, no nickname. I'll be using it for breeding. I added ya. I'll be on for a bit, then I'll post here if I miss you.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Drowing in Beast Ball mons! Thanks, Dwall. You're a champ and I appreciate you catching stupid crap so I don't have to :kimchi:

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
CherryCat, do you have more of those Dratinis to trade? I'd love one!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

e: oh, also, who else is doing Island Scan Beast Ball catches today? I wouldn't mind coordinating. Don't want to waste my Sunday on a dupe.
I always try to mark the one I'm going for the next day in yellow on the spreadsheet for this reason. Just caught a Rhyhorn, going for Conkeldurr tomorrow.

Only 9 Beast Balls left though, so I can't go too wild with the catching.

Dwall
Jun 14, 2016

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I appreciate you catching stupid crap so I don't have to :kimchi:

No problem. Everyone else was going for the cool, strong stuff, so I figured I'd grab the less in demand critters. Besides, I just like seeing the spreadsheet turn more and more green.

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice

BLUNDERCATS! noooo posted:

No preferred gender, no nickname. I'll be using it for breeding. I added ya. I'll be on for a bit, then I'll post here if I miss you.

Alright, I'm online now. IGN is Emma.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

tyblazitar posted:

I always try to mark the one I'm going for the next day in yellow on the spreadsheet for this reason. Just caught a Rhyhorn, going for Conkeldurr tomorrow.
Yeah, I don't know how many people are actually using yellow, but I do try to avoid the yellow ones in favor of the totally unmarked ones.

(I'm at 18 BBs, so I still have some leeway, but I hear Looker gives you one at a time once you're out?)

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Does Marowak-A need any egg moves?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I don't understand why Jessie's Mimikyu is continually immune to Pikachu's Iron Tail, it should be super-effective against it given that it's a Fairy. The attack just passes right through it for some reason, over multiple episodes now. This kind of thing would be commonplace in the earliest seasons, but they've steadfastily kept true to the type chart in the last few seasons so it's pretty weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

less laughter posted:

I don't understand why Jessie's Mimikyu is continually immune to Pikachu's Iron Tail, it should be super-effective against it given that it's a Fairy. The attack just passes right through it for some reason, over multiple episodes now. This kind of thing would be commonplace in the earliest seasons, but they've steadfastily kept true to the type chart in the last few seasons so it's pretty weird.

I mean, I've only seen it happen once, but that one time it was the first attack. So presumably it was stopped by Disguise.