Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Lee: No cities. "Not this time. We break the cycle and start over."
Someone Else: "The cycle is an inevitable consequence of a society developing a culture and civilization. Not only is our sacrifice meaningless nobody will know that it happened or why it was necessary."
Lee: "We need to gently caress these tribal peoples and get rid of our weaponry. Because our Brains always outpace our hearts."
Someone Else: "What the gently caress does that even mean. Wouldn't a better attempt at breaking the cycle be to acknowledge that it exists and work against it? With our technology? Never let people forget the horrors that this cycle has brought, or how we discovered it has happened so many times before?"
Lee: "We are going to drop you off in random locations with some food to maximize our chances for survival."
Someone Else: "Seriously. Forgetting the past means we are doomed to repeat it you loving idiot. Nobody should listen to you because you got fat as gently caress while children were starving to death."
Lee: "Never underestimate the desire for a clean slate."
Someone Else: "Well I'm going to go stare at my hastily constructed mud hut before dying of a preventable illness or to a predator or climate we know nothing about. I'm sure this afternoon of recon and some food will be all I need."

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Gatekeeper posted:

*carefully placing one finger at a time*
"my hand to your titty...my fingies to your nippers"
*squeezes like a bicycle horn, makes skeeter valentine noise*

lol

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

sweet geek swag posted:

That would be pretty raunchy if he went in there while O'Brien and Bashir were using it.
Just making some Potatoes O'Brien.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

numberoneposter posted:

Just making some Potatoes O'Brien.

Seriously where is the recipe for that already?

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Kitchner posted:

Computer, create a hologram capable of scrolling up

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Darkest Auer posted:

Computer, create a hologram capable of scrolling up

I've just gone through the last seven pages of this thread quickly and I remember the "borg are now lame how would we invent them" chat, the "how do you describe the captains in one word" chat, the "what are the kinks of all the captains" chat, the "who is the best bajoran" chat, the "gene was a huge perv weirdo" chat, and the "jake is a real horndog" chat.

If the recipe is there I'm missing it.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

lmfao why does this neelix mannequin have dan aykroyds cock-nose from Nothing But Trouble??

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
... because Neelix had that.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Berman: Obviously the best way to really make this new show stand out is that pedophile space cat character we've been toying around with, but if we're really gonna spice things up, the cat needs to really POP.

Braga: Ok, ok, I'm liking the mud colored upholstery for his outfits, but what can we do to make him more offputting?

Berman: well your whole "fly jnto a jealous rage if any one talks to his child bride" thing is a great start but i think specifically his face - his face needs to be make the audience ask "who fed what after midnight?"

Braga: can his nose be a dick? And not a subtle joe camel dick, it needs to be a big swollen glans with a prominent pee hole.

Berman: does he pee from it?

Braga: No he shouldn't actually pee from it, but the audience should subconsciously be worried that he will.

Berman: ooh, I've got goosebumps!

Braga: that's genes ghost, I bet

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

... because Neelix had that.

His wasn't that pronounced was it? Did my brain self-censor?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

It's the jawline that's wrong

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Kitchner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLn5SCRYWGw

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

loving lol, series 1 TNG is positively schizophrenic.

Picard just been waxing lyrical about how awesome the holodeck is guys! No but like, really amazing! I couldn't believe it! You'd be flabbergasted! It's brilliant! Okay now the point of this meeting is to discuss reopening diplomatic relations with a species after a 20 year freeze. Uh, you go ahead Riker. I refuse to talk about it.

E: oh yeah and the episode before: "so we have a plague ship from a species we thought was extinct heading for a defenceless planet, and it'll be here in just a few short hours! But I firmly expect you all to make time for Troi's engagement party this lunchtime"

simplefish fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 25, 2018

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Potatoes O'Brien is just an actual dish that's been around for decades and has nothing to do with Star Trek, no need to keep bringing it up.

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/potatoes-obrien-25545

It does make a great nick name for Myles though.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

counterfeitsaint posted:

Potatoes O'Brien is just an actual dish that's been around for decades and has nothing to do with Star Trek, no need to keep bringing it up.

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/potatoes-obrien-25545

It does make a great nick name for Myles though.

"Myles is the Welsh spelling, ya knob. You callin' me a sheep shagger? Imma bash yer fackin' head in!"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
im about 3000 posts behind, anything funny happen?
also just finished Discovery, it was good.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Hector Beerlioz posted:

im about 3000 posts behind, anything funny happen?

Just this:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

also just finished Discovery, it was good.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
"Pedophile space cat" holy :lol:
Uhh, mods? Username change req pls...
If I ever produce the electro/dubstep album I've always dreamed of, I'm gonna name it that. Where do I send the royalties?

Hector Beerlioz posted:

just finished Discovery, it was good.

... says the guy who started the gbs "Voyager is Good!" thread.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

PO-TAY-TOES

numberoneposter posted:

Remember to read these in Neelix's voice.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

the clothes they wear in star trek when they arnt in uniform are always friggin awesome

it gets turned up to 11 in TNG

like what picard and riker wear on shore leave

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Are there seriously people here who don't know that potatoes o'brien is a legit dish that predates trek by like at least a couple centuries? Also wasn't that :thejoke: in the first place?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Forgive me for not being totally up on 16th century irish haute cuisine.

Jeez.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Are there seriously people here who don't know that potatoes o'brien is a legit dish that predates trek by like at least a couple centuries? Also wasn't that :thejoke: in the first place?
before purchasing the star trek cookbook i did not know it was a dish

my print copy is in the mail and should be here any day now

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

numberoneposter posted:

before purchasing the star trek cookbook i did not know it was a dish

Yeah, me too. I just thought it was O'Briens nickname.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

its not racist because the irish are white

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

"a totally vegetarian bread"
:confused:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Hipster_Doofus posted:

... says the guy who started the gbs "Voyager is Good!" thread.
Voyager isn't good, its perfect

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

they broke the mold with voyager

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

the clothes they wear in star trek when they arnt in uniform are always friggin awesome

These people have been out of the fringes of civilization for 5 years. This is what they think is hip and trendy but it's 10 years out of style and uncool to begin with.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

:nws: :nws: :nws: :nws: :nws: :nws: :nws: :nws: :nws:

:nws: :nws: :nws: :nws: :nws: :nws: :nws: :nws: :nws:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jfc is he lactating? :boehner:

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Wtf is going on with his left ear I don't remember that part.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Wtf is going on with his left ear I don't remember that part.

I think it's just some kind of jewelry

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

numberoneposter posted:

they broke the mold with voyager

Then dragged the mold-make out into the streets, lynched him, then burned down his studio to make sure nobody would ever replicate what he made.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Well I knew that. I just meant wtf kind of jewelry and my surprise at not remembering it, cos I remember the rest just fine.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Automatic Slim posted:

These people have been out of the fringes of civilization for 5 years. This is what they think is hip and trendy but it's 10 years out of style and uncool to begin with.

Imagine the post scarcity fashionistas. :stare: Fashion is literally your life, because you don't need a job or anything, and following your passion is considered a good use of time (no matter how banal your passion happens to be). Your clothes need to be hand made because anything out of a replicator will be worn by a thousand lame copycats by sundown. And since nobody has money or any need for money, you probably have to learn to sew and do it yourself, because you have no way to hire a seamstress to do it for you.

Meanwhile the hipsters have all gotten archaeology degrees to help them find authentic pre-replicator clothes and accessories. Some dude hits the jackpot when he finds Captain Archer's old storage locker. Strutting around in that blue jumpsuit.

Instagram gone wild.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

numberoneposter posted:

If we're being totally honest here, Sulu somehow manages to pull this off. Takei could wear it today and no one would bat an eye. Uhura's isn't that bad either.

Kirk looks like he buys his clothes exclusively from the Epcot gift shop.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
My favorite part of Star Trek is how everyone dresses like a drag queen's couch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

My favorite part of Star Trek is how everyone dresses like a drag queen's couch.

Except with all the fabrics directly inspired by late 1980s bus upholstery. The future is gonna be great.