Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Mr. Wiggles posted:

No.

It's a teaspoon of industrial grade citric acid with food coloring.

Should have got the Ecto Cooler flavor.

Why is it green? On the picture it's red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

ghostbusters reference yo

You can use koolade to dye your animals too

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hair too.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
And your colon

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This seems like a logical place to ask: Would I be able to send homemade beef jerky to someone in the UK without issues?

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

This seems like a logical place to ask: Would I be able to send homemade beef jerky to someone in the UK without issues?

From the US? god no. You can't send meat or dairy into the EU without special permission.

You can gamble and label it as pasta though and it may get through.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dejawesp posted:

From the US? god no. You can't send meat or dairy into the EU without special permission.

So i should wait until after Brexit?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

soon such crimes will send you to the dakotas

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

So i should wait until after Brexit?

Send it to me. If it does get through I will eat in in his honor.

I love jerky and have to pay 1 euro per 10 grams for it here.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dejawesp posted:

I love jerky and have to pay 1 euro per 10 grams for it here.

So like a dollar a pound or

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

So like a dollar a pound or

45 dollars per pound?

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

At $45/lb, I would be making my own. Out of gold-flaked Kobe filet cuts. Shipped from mars.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Mars is outside the EU :(

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

for now.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Mr. Wiggles posted:

No.

It's a teaspoon of industrial grade citric acid with food coloring.

Should have got the Ecto Cooler flavor.

I think back in my mixology days, I made a midori sour with grenadine and it tasted just like Ecto Cooler.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
An observation this morning: the problem with pupusas is that you always order more than you can eat, but then you have to eat them or you're insulting the salvadoreña who just built it for you by hand. So you eat them all, get totally stuffed, and then can't eat for two days.

Sooooo gooood thoooooooo

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Mr. Wiggles posted:

An observation this morning: the problem with pupusas is that you always order more than you can eat, but then you have to eat them or you're insulting the salvadoreña who just built it for you by hand. So you eat them all, get totally stuffed, and then can't eat for two days.

Sooooo gooood thoooooooo

I was surprised to discover a pupuseria in Eugene, and I eat there about once a week now. The owner makes regular trips to California for lorocos, which are definitely the best tasting flower. They're these delicious masa pucks that are innocuous since they don't look that filling, but I can't eat more than two, and I always struggle to finish the second so I feel bloated for a while. Also good from the same place are the guaraches. And the sincronizadas. And the desayuno Salvadoreño. And everything else.

Damnit I don't want to drive to W 11th, I have plenty of good food here in the house

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm in rural Manitoba and we have three pupuserias :smugdog:

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I was surprised to discover a pupuseria in Eugene, and I eat there about once a week now.

!!! Where is this place, I must know.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Tendales posted:

!!! Where is this place, I must know.

Carlito's Pupuseria, on W 6th/7th in the parking lot of East & West Coast Auto, right by Insta-Print and Subo. I live in Springfield so I take 105 to 126 (which turns into 7th), then it's on the left. He does take credit cards!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Holy poo poo is yuzu juice good in guacamole.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Holy poo poo is yuzu juice good in guacamole.

:what:

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
truffles are also loving great in 7 layer dip!!!! give it a try!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

just lol if anything you eat or drink doesn't have gold leaf in it

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Based on the above,

Thread challenge

Design a new menu for the White House.

Executive Chef/Owner: Donald Trump.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Feb 20, 2017

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

I see GWS doesn't have the YOSPOS no poors rule. It's not like I'm literally juicing a yuzu, it's just the bottled stuff I got from a Japanese supermarket. Sorry about your inferior guac

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

I see GWS doesn't have the YOSPOS no poors rule. It's not like I'm literally juicing a yuzu, it's just the bottled stuff I got from a Japanese supermarket. Sorry about your inferior guac

i was serious too. your guac is poo poo-tier garbage without a little 'leaf

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

Based on the above,

Thread challenge

Design a new menu for the White House.

Executive Chef/Owner: Donald Trump.

I read that as White Castle instead of White House and that seemed a lot more appropriate for The Donald.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Casu Marzu posted:

I read that as White Castle instead of White House and that seemed a lot more appropriate for The Donald.

Me too.

Either way the answer's the same: copy the first gis result for fancy menu, double prices in ms paint, serve nothing, insult the customers and settle all lawsuits.

Salmonella is fake medicine

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

So find a kitchen nightmares chef

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

That would actually be a great sitcom. I wanna be a writer when someone steals and pitches it.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
White House menu for President Trump

First course
A selection of finest cured Italian poo poo

Second course
poo poo soup

Third course
poo poo tartare

Fourth course
A big ol' bowl of hot fresh poo poo

Dessert
Chocolate mousse (actually whipped poo poo)

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

therattle posted:

First course

Second course
poo poo soup

Third course
poo poo tartare

Fourth course

Dessert

I'm seeing a theme here.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I'm seeing a theme here.

"Eat poo poo, rear end in a top hat". Very astute, Mr W.

I've actually got a serious question for you. My son is 5. He's been pescatarian his whole life (with fish being pretty infrequent). We are considering introducing small amounts of meat into his diet every now and again. Will he have any digestive issues with it, given that he's not had it before? Any thoughts?

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

therattle posted:

First course

Second course
poo poo soup

Third course
poo poo tartare

Fourth course

Dessert

Needs an amuse bouche of cheeto-crusted shitballs.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

therattle posted:

I've actually got a serious question for you. My son is 5. He's been pescatarian his whole life (with fish being pretty infrequent). We are considering introducing small amounts of meat into his diet every now and again. Will he have any digestive issues with it, given that he's not had it before? Any thoughts?

People have issues when they go a few months, so yeah almost certainly. Prob won't be too bad but if I know kids he'll put two and two together and refuse to eat the stuff that makes him feel bad.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

therattle posted:

Only going from personal experience here, but moving to chicken and other "light" meats isn't a big deal, and the slow introduction to beef and what have you is more to do with eating more fat than one is used to. But in moderation and gradually, no issues.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

It can't hurt to ask their pediatrician, too.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

OMGVBFLOL posted:

It can't hurt to ask their pediatrician, too.

Ah so. He's got diabetes so he's even got a nutritionist. I'll ask her. Plus his grandfather is a retired gastro-paedo (as I refer to it). Good advice, thanks! Don't know why I didn't think of that. (Oh yeah. Sleep deprivation).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

therattle posted:

Ah so. He's got diabetes so he's even got a nutritionist. I'll ask her. Plus his grandfather is a retired gastro-paedo (as I refer to it). Good advice, thanks! Don't know why I didn't think of that. (Oh yeah. Sleep deprivation).

I'm not a nutritionist, but my cousin-in-law is! Here's his reply.

quote:

RD consensus (with my buddy in the car who's also a RD) is he may. Partially due to the fact that it's going to be a different amount and type of fat that he may not be used to and also not knowing how he'll react to the protein. Issues would probably be nausea, bloating, diarrhea most likely. A recommendation I would have is incorporate only one new protein in small amounts during the week and see how he reacts. Maybe start with small amounts of chicken one week then pork the next, etc