Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You really are a spectacular moron.

e: lol that snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I keep waiting for a mod to put an end to this bullshit DnD crap in PYF, but I can't hold this in anymore.

Terrible Opinions, not only is your user ID apt, you are seriously the thickest, arbitrarily contrary poster on these forums. And given the competition, that's quite something.

Regardless, take it to PMs or make thread in DnD.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

EDIT: Whoops, sorry folks, missed the new page.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
“Two days before he died, Everett Palmer Jr. called his brother, Dwayne, to tell him he was on his way from Delaware to New York to visit him and their sick mother. But first, he said, he wanted to resolve an outstanding DUI warrant from an incident in 2016 in Pennsylvania to make sure his license was valid for the drive to see his family.

The phone call was the last time the family would hear from the 41-year-old US Army veteran and father of two.

On April 9, 2018, two days later, the family was told that Palmer had died in police custody at the York County Prison. Fourteen months later, the Palmers say they still don't know what really happened. But they are suspicious because when Palmer's body was returned to them, his throat, heart and brain were missing.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Busket Posket posted:

On April 9, 2018, two days later, the family was told that Palmer had died in police custody at the York County Prison. Fourteen months later, the Palmers say they still don't know what really happened. But they are suspicious because when Palmer's body was returned to them, his throat, heart and brain were missing.
It's unnerving that a coroner's office could be this incompetent:

quote:

A probable "sickling red cell disorder" as listed as a contributing factor.

Is it that loving difficult to come up with the term "sickle cell anemia" when you're trying to cover up the fact that the cops probably murdered this dude?

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Well you know a cop choked him to death sickle cells are sharp and could have sliced right through his larynx, so we had to remove it to check for a fractured hyoid any trauma caused by those really, really sharp cells.

They can also cause spontaneous schizophrenia.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

pookel posted:

It's unnerving that a coroner's office could be this incompetent:

Is it that loving difficult to come up with the term "sickle cell anemia" when you're trying to cover up the fact that the cops probably murdered this dude?

A quick google suggest that these are the legal requirements for a coroner in the state of Pennsylvania.

-18 years or older

-A resident of your county for at least one year

-The most votes in the election

-Complete a one-week certification course within six months of your election

From second-hand sources mind so it's possibly this isn't fully accurate. I do know that not every state requires a medical background for the position though, so it seems plausible to me.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009
Frontline did an episode on that a while ago, and it's downright unnerving all by itself.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I always wanted to be a small town coroner that gets dragged into a murder mystery that helps take down the corrupt county sheriff with the help of a mysterious widow with a checkered past and the local hooligan who knows way more than he seems.

Now that I know all I have to be is legal smoking age and popular I think I can pull it off.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Rural PA can easily be just as bad as any big name place in the south when it comes to racist so yeah the cops totally murdered him for no reason and are so incompetent they can’t even cover it up

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Kitfox88 posted:

Rural PA can easily be just as bad as any big name place in the south when it comes to racist so yeah the cops totally murdered him for no reason and are so incompetent they can’t even cover it up

Pretty sure they are covering it up. Until someone gets prosecuted their cover up is working just fine.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Kitfox88 posted:

York county covers quite a bit of ground and has like half a million people in it, but yeah some of those areas are full of good ol' boys. The sheriff's office is right in York though, which is pretty cosmopolitan, if a bit small. If it were some podunk sheriff's office in western PA it'd be a lot easier to wrap my head around, I never really considered York to be that way.

This in no way negates your conclusion, I just found it shocking that it was York and not something like Perry county.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Proteus Jones posted:

I keep waiting for a mod to put an end to this bullshit DnD crap in PYF, but I can't hold this in anymore.

Terrible Opinions, not only is your user ID apt, you are seriously the thickest, arbitrarily contrary poster on these forums. And given the competition, that's quite something.

Regardless, take it to PMs or make thread in DnD.

Yeah, this thread has been garbage for the past dozen pages, it's all just derailed arguing

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

NatasDog posted:

York county covers quite a bit of ground and has like half a million people in it, but yeah some of those areas are full of good ol' boys. The sheriff's office is right in York though, which is pretty cosmopolitan, if a bit small. If it were some podunk sheriff's office in western PA it'd be a lot easier to wrap my head around, I never really considered York to be that way.

This in no way negates your conclusion, I just found it shocking that it was York and not something like Perry county.

I’m in Lycoming which is more north central so I can’t super speak for the other parts of the state but there’s a large portion of trump and confederate flags in my immediate area yeah :suicide:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Kitfox88 posted:

I’m in Lycoming which is more north central so I can’t super speak for the other parts of the state but there’s a large portion of trump and confederate flags in my immediate area yeah :suicide:

Rural Columbia County here, and though we have some trump supporters, our huge level 1 trauma center brings a little bit of diversity to the area so it’s fairly tame. I’ve always jokingly said Pennsylvania is Philly and Pittsburgh with Alabama in between but really it’s a pretty great state.

Anecdotally, when we had the huge flood in ‘05, my friend Steve and his then-girlfriend Nat were coming from Allentown to visit. Important to the story: Steve is black and Nat isn’t. Their car got swept into a ditch by the water a half mile from my very very rural house and they had to crawl out of the sunroof to go get help (they didn’t realize how close they were to my house). First house they went to gladly let them in to use the phone, super nice people, etc. but hanging on the wall was a huge Stars ‘n Bars. Steve said it felt super weird and ominous despite how nice the people were.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Rural Columbia County here, and though we have some trump supporters, our huge level 1 trauma center brings a little bit of diversity to the area so it’s fairly tame. I’ve always jokingly said Pennsylvania is Philly and Pittsburgh with Alabama in between but really it’s a pretty great state.

Anecdotally, when we had the huge flood in ‘05, my friend Steve and his then-girlfriend Nat were coming from Allentown to visit. Important to the story: Steve is black and Nat isn’t. Their car got swept into a ditch by the water a half mile from my very very rural house and they had to crawl out of the sunroof to go get help (they didn’t realize how close they were to my house). First house they went to gladly let them in to use the phone, super nice people, etc. but hanging on the wall was a huge Stars ‘n Bars. Steve said it felt super weird and ominous despite how nice the people were.

Yeah, I'm in the Harrisburg area and a half hour in any direction can land you straight into Deliverance.

I went hiking with a black friend up in Rickett's Glen a few years back with our families, and coming down from the forks after they converge there was a pair of guys with their kids playing in the creek, both of them covered in white power tats; Swastikas, Iron Crosses, you name it. It was pretty surreal, and the only time I've ever felt like I may be in some sort of danger on a hiking trail. They were staring at us as we walked past and I looked over to see what their reaction was, and one of them just kind of gave me the old head nod as if to say we were cool, so we just powered past them and finished the hike.

We were able to joke about it later, "That's crazy, it's like we just saw a Nazi in its natural habitat!"; but I was legit worried for a minute there. At the point we saw them we were a good 3 miles of rugged trail from any kind of civilization and there's really no easy way for emergency services to access it, seeing as it's completely wooded and the trails leading down from the waterfalls are all steps carved/shaped out of nearby slate. That said, it was the only time I'd ever seen something like that, and Rickett's is an amazing place if you like waterfalls and hiking.

Anyway, that's my E/N story for today.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

NatasDog posted:

Yeah, I'm in the Harrisburg area and a half hour in any direction can land you straight into Deliverance.

I went hiking with a black friend up in Rickett's Glen a few years back with our families, and coming down from the forks after they converge there was a pair of guys with their kids playing in the creek, both of them covered in white power tats; Swastikas, Iron Crosses, you name it. It was pretty surreal, and the only time I've ever felt like I may be in some sort of danger on a hiking trail. They were staring at us as we walked past and I looked over to see what their reaction was, and one of them just kind of gave me the old head nod as if to say we were cool, so we just powered past them and finished the hike.
That is terrifying & I suspect the presence of their kids may have been what prevented them from trying to start something.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

NatasDog posted:

Frontline did an episode on that a while ago, and it's downright unnerving all by itself.

For even more of the same unnervingness, read this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NCHP7XH/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

For my money, Radley Balko's the single most important journalist in the US today.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

pookel posted:

That is terrifying & I suspect the presence of their kids may have been what prevented them from trying to start something.

That was my suspicion as well. There were three or four of them and the oldest among them couldn't have been more than 5 or 6. When we first started approaching them they were all laughing, carrying on, picking them up and spinning them around, and dunking each other in the water. If it weren't for the tattoos it would have just been a pair of dads having a good time out in nature with their kids.

Also worthy of note, all the kids were blonde haired, blued eyed, "perfect" aryan specimens; like some kind of hitler youth summer camp outing. Just typing this out after so many years sounds unbelievable, and if I didn't witness it I'd have a hard time believing me.

E; Well, maybe some were brown eyed, we didn't really pass close enough for me to see for sure

NatasDog has a new favorite as of 15:40 on Jun 12, 2019

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It's super weird to just come across them. I was at a Barnes & Noble years ago, and saw a child of four-ish go up to an alt-history book with a swastika on it and point. Skinny, shaved head dad with prominent iron cross neck tattoo says " aw, no, buddy we don't want that book; they don't have good things to say about the Fuhrer." Then he catches my eye and I just sort of Homer Simpson into the bushes back to my teenage sci-fi section haven. It was pretty much my first actual confirmation that Nazis were still very real.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
yeah before i escaped Texas my neighbor was a literal nazi. there are still people on these forums who argue that nazis don't exist irl lol

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

A friend of mine was about a block away from his house, at a gas station. A pair of guys with white power tattoos came up to him from the bar next door and asked "Hey, are you white?"

He looked at his hands, back to the guys, and replied, "Do I look white to you?" The guys beat him up, dented his cute Chevy Love truck, and left. He took his truck home and called the cops.

The cops told him since there was a bar nearby they could always get him for drinking and driving (he wasn't) and refused to talk about the fact he just got attacked. Dude had bruises for weeks. We keep warning him that his sarcasm is going to get him killed. This is Marysville, WA, so it's not like it's a bad neighborhood and it's not in an area known for white power assholes.

So yeah that's unnerving.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 16:29 on Jun 12, 2019

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Living in Georgia I have encountered a few and it's gross. First time I was working in a big box store copy department and on my first day as a manager I walked in and two really sickly goth people where at the counter getting help from this little old lady that also worked there. I looked at what they were copying and it was hand drawn portraits of their favorite SS members. It was literally my first day as I got transferred there as a manager and had no idea what to do so I stood gobsmacked as they finished and left. When they were gone I told everyone to let me handle them from then on as I was allowed to tell them to leave. They never came back that I know of so I never got to. I feel like I was a pussy who should have spoken up :(

Later my neighbor went from being an ultra conservative but relatively nice guy to a literal Nazi who started to beat his wife. She kicked him out and has gotten divorced thank god. This was over the course of about 8 years he changed and I had no idea about the wife beating. Feel regrets over that one too :(

Last one was just seeing a couple in full Nazi regalia as I drove by on my way home and so I honked and told them to get hosed. I did ok on that one but that's it.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Right after our idiot president got elected, there was a guy in my town who started wearing a confederate flag around like a cape. Last time u saw him he was looking at slacks in a Target.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Scathach posted:

A friend of mine was about a block away from his house, at a gas station. A pair of guys with white power tattoos came up to him from the bar next door and asked "Hey, are you white?"

He looked at his hands, back to the guys, and replied, "Do I look white to you?" The guys beat him up, dented his cute Chevy Love truck, and left. He took his truck home and called the cops.

The cops told him since there was a bar nearby they could always get him for drinking and driving (he wasn't) and refused to talk about the fact he just got attacked. Dude had bruises for weeks. We keep warning him that his sarcasm is going to get him killed. This is Marysville, WA, so it's not like it's a bad neighborhood and it's not in an area known for white power assholes.

So yeah that's unnerving.

There's quite a few of them littered throughout the PNW, a lot of them have delusions of turning the region into a sovereign whites-only nation.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Here in Louisiana, we had three predominantly-Black churches burned down and a fourth threatened. The guy who did it was a neo-Nazi but was also the son of a parish (county) Sheriff’s Deputy, and, this being the homeland of David Duke, Duck Dynasty, and many other alliterative racists, we all figured he’d get his hair tousled and a statement would be released that said “no one was hurt and boys will be boys!”

It even shocked the local contingent of “removing the Confederate monument from the courthouse steps erases ARE HISTORY” klanfolk when it was announced that the dude would not only face charges, but that hate crime charges would be tacked on to boot!

However, lest you imagine this is progress, if you don’t comply with a police officer in the state of Louisiana, or (heaven forbid) you try to prevent them from harming or killing you, you can be charged with a felony hate crime because of our Blue Lives Matter Law.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

christmas boots posted:

There's quite a few of them littered throughout the PNW, a lot of them have delusions of turning the region into a sovereign whites-only nation.

I did not loving expect that here. We always tell my friend his sarcasm is going to get him killed, but holy poo poo. Funny thing is, he's white.... just not the "right" kind of white, I guess.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If an rear end kicking didn't fix it nothing will. I got the same problem. Went away a lot as I got older, but it still pops up every once in awhile.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Busket Posket posted:

Here in Louisiana, we had three predominantly-Black churches burned down and a fourth threatened. The guy who did it was a neo-Nazi but was also the son of a parish (county) Sheriff’s Deputy, and, this being the homeland of David Duke, Duck Dynasty, and many other alliterative racists, we all figured he’d get his hair tousled and a statement would be released that said “no one was hurt and boys will be boys!”

It even shocked the local contingent of “removing the Confederate monument from the courthouse steps erases ARE HISTORY” klanfolk when it was announced that the dude would not only face charges, but that hate crime charges would be tacked on to boot!

However, lest you imagine this is progress, if you don’t comply with a police officer in the state of Louisiana, or (heaven forbid) you try to prevent them from harming or killing you, you can be charged with a felony hate crime because of our Blue Lives Matter Law.

I didn’t realize occupation was a protected class. IMO, they should extend that to every occupation, as harming someone of any profession for holding said profession is surely a hate crime. lol LA you crazy

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

I've seen a guy around town a couple of times who has "RACIST" tattooed prominently on his forehead.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

GelatinSkeleton posted:

I've seen a guy around town a couple of times who has "RACIST" tattooed prominently on his forehead.

Maybe he lost in his fantasy football league?

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

Scathach posted:

I did not loving expect that here. We always tell my friend his sarcasm is going to get him killed, but holy poo poo. Funny thing is, he's white.... just not the "right" kind of white, I guess.

Oregon was a whites only state when it was formed

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

GelatinSkeleton posted:

drat, the Bumfights kids got woke

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

GelatinSkeleton posted:

Snow Crash coming closer to being real with every passing day.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I’ve seen more confederate flags and MAGA hats in New York than I ever see visiting Texas. Pro tip: if you think being outside of the south means none of your white neighbours are nazis, you don’t know the US very well.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I've seen one maga hat in Texas

It's a sure sign of mental illness

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I’ve seen more confederate flags and MAGA hats in New York than I ever see visiting Texas. Pro tip: if you think being outside of the south means none of your white neighbours are nazis, you don’t know the US very well.

Upstate?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

it's true, i grew up in upstate new york and it's full of loving racists. my experience while living in Texas was still worse, though, so whatever? America is racist, i personally had a worse time with the place where my neighbor had swastikas and SS lightning tattooed on his face and i seemed to be the only person who was made to feel uncomfortable by this. maybe the response in ny would actually have been the same -- if the next guy who moves into my trailer park up here also has a reichsadler on his throat I'll report back

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Nah, mainly around Park Slope

(Yes upstate)

InediblePenguin posted:

it's true, i grew up in upstate new york and it's full of loving racists. my experience while living in Texas was still worse, though, so whatever? America is racist, i personally had a worse time with the place where my neighbor had swastikas and SS lightning tattooed on his face and i seemed to be the only person who was made to feel uncomfortable by this. maybe the response in ny would actually have been the same -- if the next guy who moves into my trailer park up here also has a reichsadler on his throat I'll report back

I’m not trying to invalidate your lived experiences, just saying that it’s easy but lazy for a lot of people from “blue” states to deflect a nationwide nazi infestation on nebulous others like “the south.” Texas is the only place a white dude has openly shown me his racist tattoos tbh.

Like I’m 100% sure NYC has its fair share of nazis, they just keep it safely behind the doors of their penthouses or on Staten Island

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 14:33 on Jun 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Upstate is the loving worst. It’s like Mordor and a nuclear apocalypse up there with abandoned cities, toxic lakes filled with dead or 3-headed fish , smog, and the worst tucking winters in the lower 48. But hey there are a few nice towns where everything is OK.