Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Marching Powder is right about everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
What is he right about, again? I've had him on ignore for well over two thousand pages, I've completely forgotten what his deal is.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
He's extremely angry about this thread and the shitposting

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Can someone link me to the previous couple of threads? I'm checking something out of curiosity.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

MeLKoR posted:

This question has come up many times. I still expect it will turn out to be some mistake from the person getting the refund not understanding how VAT works simply because loving with VAT is so stupid and incredibly retarded that I can't believe even CIG would do it, at least not like this I mean. This is like the worst way to commit VAT fraud and the easiest to get caught, I can't believe someone like Ortwin would go along with it.

Yes, that is definitely the rational approach. On every other occasion, and twice on Sundays, I would expect it to be the customer not reading the refund info properly. But this is CIG, and I have long since abandoned all hope of relying on rationality in anticipating their behaviour.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Pagin Lazrin, i want to hear more about how Derek is our supreme Lord and Ruler.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

What is he right about, again? I've had him on ignore for well over two thousand pages, I've completely forgotten what his deal is.

Every now and then I read one of his posts and remember exactly how useless of a poster he is.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Ok guys, which of you did send death threads. Now, come on, you can tell me.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3798727&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6#post466661148

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Has Lazrin said anything yet?
He was the first and foremost Great-Leader-theory supporter.

Although Lazrin/Lethality is a grade A dick his self-owning meltdowns at Derek were bloody entertaining.

Free Lazrin!

drluv
Feb 25, 2016

Please do not undercut me in front of the child.
please stop sending me death threats everyone.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

ArfJason also claims to not be a FYAD poster. Despite 2 pages of probations/bans in FYAD and posting in other places as if it were FYAD.

All in all your average rational gentleman to be sure. Not some complete moron.

Dongsturm
Feb 17, 2012

Tippis posted:

Yes, that is definitely the rational approach. On every other occasion, and twice on Sundays, I would expect it to be the customer not reading the refund info properly. But this is CIG, and I have long since abandoned all hope of relying on rationality in anticipating their behaviour.

This has always been the best thing about CIG, they screw themselves harder than any of their opponents possibly can.

Derek doesn't have to do any more than post a blog saying "CIG will do something dumb soon" and CIG obliges him, every time.

I think Derek has extended this disaster, because without his public criticism limiting the worst of their abuses, CIG would already have imploded into a giant sucking vortex of greed, incompetence and petty spite.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I wonder how anyone could have gotten this idea.

https://i.imgur.com/uDMsPnO.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/PXohoAI.mp4 https://i.imgur.com/0GCYbiA.mp4

Preposterous!

Every time I saw one of his posts all I could think about was this

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Pagin Lazrin, i want to hear more about how Derek is our supreme Lord and Ruler.

Honestly I think Lazrin for new OP. There's a power vacuum and he's the right type of poster to come in and seize the reins.

Wanna be our new Warlord, Lazrin?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

drat, never saw those archers. That's loving low...

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

MeLKoR posted:

Pictures

You forgot these:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Friends I've been holding something in for a long time but now it's time to just come out with it: Line of Defense is bad. It's really bad.

He's right, photobashing is a perfectly normal thing.

You know what generally doesn't happen though? Selling that photobashed image for hundreds or thousands of dollars.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Xaerael posted:

You forgot these:

And there's another one with "Sandi" in a red (I think) dress, high heels, one foot in front of the other, that also turned out to be the picture of some model or other. In fact after rereading the post I think that might be the one he's referring to but I didn't keep a copy of that one.

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

drluv posted:

please stop sending me death threats everyone.

You think just because you have a straw makes you special?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

And there's another one with "Sandi" in a red (I think) dress, high heels, one foot in front of the other, that also turned out to be the picture of some model or other. In fact after rereading the post I think that might be the one he's referring to but I didn't keep a copy of that one.

Yeah that's the "Drake Buccaneer" one. That's the one that got the sc subreddit to brigade my post in /r/quityourbullshit and get owned hilariously by non-cultists:

https://www.reddit.com/r/quityourbullshit/comments/4ncg4v/video_game_company_fails_at_removing_watermark/

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I was wondering... what would the Matrix be like if it had been coded by CIG?

Would people on the street tell each other "so what if the sun is jittering, that's perfectly normal" and Cypher insist on getting more wax steaks that fly apart in a million pieces when you stick a fork in them?

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
If the Matrix were coded by CIG, it wouldn't be completed and the only people in the Matrix would be people who paid to be slaves.

Honestly not much different than reality, except in that timeline they managed VR.

drluv
Feb 25, 2016

Please do not undercut me in front of the child.

Risc1911 posted:

You think just because you have a straw makes you special?

pls stop doxxing my straw.

in other news:

Evocati-Testing will be finished this friday, so we all can finally see the result of the hard wor---- what? 2.6 is not even in evocati? this can't be true... let me read that statement agai----

quote:

Basically it is a Kobayashi Maru.

well, gently caress. we have all been kobayashid. :smuggo:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
             MORPHEUS
You take the blue pill—the story ends,
you wake up in your bed and believe
whatever you want to believe. You take
the red pill—you get to doxx people, jack
off to space ship renders and cgi calendars,
and send death threats over the computer.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

MeLKoR posted:

This question has come up many times. I still expect it will turn out to be some mistake from the person getting the refund not understanding how VAT works simply because loving with VAT is so stupid and incredibly retarded that I can't believe even CIG would do it, at least not like this I mean. This is like the worst way to commit VAT fraud and the easiest to get caught, I can't believe someone like Ortwin would go along with it.

Well Ortwin is rumored to be leaving.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Wow, so it was dobolobia or whatever who finally took out DR. Smart!

From what I can tell new mod choices are all A+

Should not be a new thread though. Let this one be a continual testament to Doctor Derek Smart and his internet space crusade.

He got a lot of people a lot of money back!

And he won't stay gone long I don't think. Give him time to speak to lowtax, and to legal. Two weeks.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

MeLKoR posted:

They don't understand it's a temp ban and they are completely oblivious to the internal goon political bickering so they're as ecstatic as a retard with a fresh turd in his hands.

It's cute how they think goons are some sort of trolling master race rather than the same nerds as r/dereksmart just with less premium jpegs

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

We should commission :pgabz: to to a Derek Smart video memorial. Somebody send him a copy of that "In the arms of an angel" song.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Derek didn't like pizza and said JIF instead of GIF. Good riddance IMO.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

milk milk lemonade posted:

He's extremely angry about this thread and the shitposting

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LMAO

Why don't you just make Marching Powder a mod here, FAU, come on - go ahead, the guy's brilliant and just the kind of thing this thread needs. Plus his views align with your to a tee.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Nov 21, 2016

Sad Wendigo
Jul 23, 2007

Nap Ghost

gently caress yeah, him.

God I hate being so far behind on this thread all the time.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DancingShade posted:

Beer4TheBeerGod should absolutely take over as mod of this subforum.

Absolutely nobody should ever remind him of the fact he once mailed in a box of home special brew to the CIG team during the earlier days. :v:
Sorry, years. My how time flies!

That beer was really good too.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah that's the "Drake Buccaneer" one. That's the one that got the sc subreddit to brigade my post in /r/quityourbullshit and get owned hilariously by non-cultists:

https://www.reddit.com/r/quityourbullshit/comments/4ncg4v/video_game_company_fails_at_removing_watermark/

Oh yeah, that's the one, got the dress color wrong.

CIG got nothing wrong, I like my JPEGs like I like my women, refactored and flushed down the pipeline.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Also perfect 2D

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
I'm glad I caught up with the thread before I started shitposting because I can't believe how much I missed over the weekend :(

The ups, the downs, the loving lols.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
almost 6500 pages of this thread with almost no probations let alone bans and since Beet is given power ... welp

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:laffo:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Also, who was the pissy bitch who gave AP and Tijuana those new AVs? I can't even...yea, THIS is how you show everyone that you don't even care, just doin' your job banning Derek and in no way just acting out a personal vendetta over a subforum of a dead gay comedy forum, no siree! I ain't even mad if someone calls me out on my BS! :laffo:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

starkebn posted:

almost 6500 pages of this thread with almost no probations let alone bans and since Beet is given power ... welp

He's gone mad with extremely limited power!! :D

CrazyLoon posted:

Also, who was the pissy bitch who gave AP and Tijuana those new AVs? I can't even...yea, THIS is how you show everyone that you don't even care, just doin' your job banning Derek and in no way just acting out a personal vendetta over a subforum of a dead gay comedy forum, no siree! I ain't even mad if someone calls me out on my BS! :laffo:

We had an Idiot King for a little while yesterday and he gave the top five posters in the thread those spiffy new avatars. Offer is still open to those posters who want their old av back, just pm me the picture and text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sandweed posted:

Derek didn't like pizza and said JIF instead of GIF. Good riddance IMO.

:laugh:

• Locked thread