Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

D1E posted:

My point stands about it still coming across as a shock, as Derek was more "honorary" mod than anything else. He literally didn't do anything except Warlord.
That's fine, I know it's a little difficult when suddenly there are people to enforce the rules, but Derek not being a real mod wasn't a good thing. People seem to think I disliked Derek because of personal issues with him or Star Citizen things. It's because I, as an admin, felt he was a bad mod, because I had to keep declining month-long probations he requested on people who poked fun at him. Then he proved me right by making a really, really unacceptable mod decision. I totally take responsibility for ignoring this forum and letting it have the fake joke mod for so long. That was a mistake, due to personal bias. I admit that. But even the SC forum needs actual mods if it's going to thrive, and Beer and Beet will do good jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Sir Simon Milligan fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Nov 24, 2016

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

It worked for the Fourth Stimpire.

Oh awesome you've been paying attention in class!

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

alphabettitouretti posted:

Where did this stuff about death threats come from? I can't believe anyone here is sending death threats, and if they are, get out.
you know he only keeps saying that to get a rise, right?

FYAD is good, don't get stroppy, laugh along and remember to call your parents to tell them about all the dogs you hosed and cum in. I know I will.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

D1E posted:

Eh. My bad. Must have been FAU and g0m then.

My point stands about it still coming across as a shock, as Derek was more "honorary" mod than anything else. He literally didn't do anything except Warlord.

The last 24 hours (and I suppose the next 24 hours) are not a good reference point, and no way signs of doom and dark days to come.

Without most of those probations we would still be reading the same people being outraged/ pissed at FAU and arguing semantics about outing someone on the forums or why Beer and Beets are not suitable, etc.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I had a bunch of giftable stuff and got more money by selling it than I would getting a refund.

Ah the old Citizen's Gambit! "I made way more by selling them on the grey market!" he says, while quietly deleting his refund email and hoping his ships still have all their chairs.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

Throw a ban my way Beer, you were always cool in this thread. I've been here almost 14 years and the mods have gone to poo poo and ruin anything fun these days. Derek was the only good mod cause he actually let poo poo play out.

SAD!

#MSAGA

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Chalks posted:

Yeah, but Beet's also not posted any pictures of his dog and that's a pretty serious concern for us.

Beer and Beet are both pretty cool, but they need to make sure they don't neglect their other responsibilities now that they're mods.

Overall though, I support their promotion to moderators mostly because they have very similar names.

You're right, I've been neglecting my most important duty. Yesterday was a bit of a weird day, but I'll make sure there's plenty of Kayak moving forward.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Ah the old Citizen's Gambit! "I made way more by selling them on the grey market!" he says, while quietly deleting his refund email and hoping his ships still have all their chairs.

Mod fight!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

After yesterday's events, I was amazed when the sun rose this morning.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Personally, I feel bad for Lowtax.

When he comes back from wherever he's at and logs into Twitter he will have like 6,000 DMs from Derek Smart protesting and threatening legal action.

LOL.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's fine, I know it's a little difficult when suddenly there are people to enforce the rules, but Derek not being a real mod wasn't a good thing. People seem to think I disliked Derek because of personal issues with him or Star Citizen things. It's because I, as an admin, felt he was a bad mod, because I had to keep declining month-long probations he requested on people who poked fun at him. Then he proved me right by making a really, really unacceptable mod decision. I totally take responsibility for ignoring this forum and letting it have the fake joke mod for so long. That was a mistake, due to personal bias. I admit that. But even the SC forum needs actual mods if it's going to thrive, and Beer and Beet will do good jobs.

Given his past history moderating forums and warlording with people online I was always a little surprised that Derek was not handing out more bans and probations against the Lazrin's and MoMA's of the thread. I guess now we know why!

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Excellent.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Actually...

Mods please convince Lowtax to mail Derek a refund check for $10.

That will really make him lose his poo poo.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

:five: :five: :five:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

Throw a ban my way Beer, you were always cool in this thread. I've been here almost 14 years and the mods have gone to poo poo and ruin anything fun these days. Derek was the only good mod cause he actually let poo poo play out.

Give us some time, it's only my second day.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Sorry for the dox but it has to be said.

- FactsAreUseless is a backer so he's a scammed person.
- FactsAreUseless tried to scam a user in that chargeback thing.
- FactsAreUseless may be native english speaker, so low iq.
- FactsAreUseless has personal grudge against Dr. Smart.

That leads to the inevitable conclusion : FactsAreUseless = Chris roberts.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I checked the Lepers Colony and Beet has probated 2 people since becoming a mod. Both for sixers. Beer is at about the same. It really is crazy probations left and right, just out of control!

And yours, so yes it is piece of poo poo. It was a lightly moderated post with a probation all the 500 pages.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

:perfect:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I want to have a beet sandwich and some beer to celebrate our new leaders, but I don't have any beets and I don't like beer. Maybe bread counts, Beer is liquid bread so it follows Bread is solid beer, and I can buy beets at the store tomorrow. Opinions? I have good cheeses to go with the beets

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

So if derek does come back, Can we treat all of his "epic missive incoming, just need to get it past legal" stuff as toxx, knowing full well the first time he gets caught with it hell throw a tantrum (full disclosure: I want to see that tantrum)

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Alan Smithee posted:

holy poo poo Derek got banned

what's taking him so long to buy back in is the bigger question

He didn't get banned by lowtax who is probably doing Holiday stuff so he's waiting for his response.

The argument is.... the person he outed doesn't exist anyways.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Start liking beer :colbert:

Beets are great though. Roast them and eat them and enjoy them.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Eldragon posted:

So if derek does come back, Can we treat all of his "epic missive incoming, just need to get it past legal" stuff as toxx, knowing full well the first time he gets caught with it hell throw a tantrum (full disclosure: I want to see that tantrum)

Only if you also simultaneously take a toxx for the reverse scenario.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Fatkraken posted:

I want to have a beet sandwich and some beer to celebrate our new leaders, but I don't have any beets and I don't like beer. Maybe bread counts, Beer is liquid bread so it follows Bread is solid beer, and I can buy beets at the store tomorrow. Opinions? I have good cheeses to go with the beets

If you like beets you should definitely have a roasted beet and cheese sandwich. Put some arugula on there IMO.

But also if you don't like beets, maybe make a different kind of sandwich.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Chalks posted:

Does ArfJason not understand that this thread is basically dedicated to making GBS threads on the game or is this just some ironic meta joke?

Look at his rap sheet. This is the guy that's going to save SA from all the worthless posting going on in this thread.

For some reason it baffles Lowtax that other people don't enjoy having these artistes wander outside their echo chamber and telling them in which sections of the forum they should post.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I checked the Lepers Colony and Beet has probated 2 people since becoming a mod. Both for sixers. Beer is at about the same. It really is crazy probations left and right, just out of control!

No one is bitching about Beer or Beet's probations. v:shobon:v

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

FactsAreUseless posted:

Umm wasnt star citizen thread moved out of games because you didnt want to moderate it?

So now your coming back to star citizen thread yelling how you want it under your moderation again?
Arent you busy enough moderating games and GBS?
Why are you moderating GBS, if star citizen was beyond your control in games?

Just questioning your explanation, because it makes no sense.

but anyways you banned this funny guy from forums.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kLwmU8oBkg

sometimes he was pretty funny even when he was serious
https://www.twitch.tv/thedereksmart/v/94007936?t=01h58m37s
(that time derek was expecting sq42 trailer instead of AD for polaris)

anyway heres more star citizen contend

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yo'h beet can i get sent to my wankpod for a 6hr with this as the Punishment Reason prease..

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ArfJason posted:

MORPHEUS
You take the blue pill—the story ends,
you wake up in your bed and believe
whatever you want to believe. You take
the red pill—you get to doxx people, jack
off to space ship renders and cgi calendars,
and send death threats over the computer.

gr8 stuff

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I made a thread for probation requests :D

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Dark Off posted:

Umm wasnt star citizen thread moved out of games because you didnt want to moderate it?

So now your coming back to star citizen thread yelling how you want it under your moderation again?
Arent you busy enough moderating games and GBS?
Why are you moderating GBS, if star citizen was beyond your control in games?

Just questioning your explanation, because it makes no sense.

but anyways you banned this funny guy from forums.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kLwmU8oBkg

sometimes he was pretty funny even when he was serious
https://www.twitch.tv/thedereksmart/v/94007936?t=01h58m37s
(that time derek was expecting sq42 trailer instead of AD for polaris)

Beautiful. Those fuckers can't do anything right.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Only if you also simultaneously take a toxx for the reverse scenario.

Deal. I don't think Derek will ever "go full warlord" and actually risk getting sued as much as he claims he wants to.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dark Off posted:

Sure, and I think it will do better with mods who know the thread. Getting rid of the thread entirely like I did was probably a mistake, and I've come around to recognizing that people should have a place to post about it. Once things calm down a bit and the tantrum brigade goes away I won't have to intervene at all. I only did because we can't have mods doxxing people.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You bought an av about how much you dislike me?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Dark Off posted:

Yikes, it seems like they only bankruptcy they haven't reached yet is financial, because they're creatively in the red.

Eldragon posted:

Deal. I don't think Derek will ever "go full warlord" and actually risk getting sued as much as he claims he wants to.

Excellent, I'll occupy the impossible middle ground that could occur if Derek climbs into a box, closes the lid, and leaves us to figure out if he has or hasn't done it.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Haha that's p cool actually

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dark Off posted:

See you in the 'verse, I'm going for the 'alactic 'our

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MeLKoR posted:

They don't understand it's a temp ban and they are completely oblivious to the internal goon political bickering so they're as ecstatic as a retard with a fresh turd in his hands.

This is funny in the same way people think the "Goon threat" is more than a bunch of people laughing at other people doing something stupid while a few outliers go in and stir the pot to keep things funny.

I guess though these people are used to huge levels of disappointment though. They are Star Citizen fans after all.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's fine, I know it's a little difficult when suddenly there are people to enforce the rules, but Derek not being a real mod wasn't a good thing

That fair, I've been here long enough that I understand the need for rules. Never having been a poster in Games section I feel I might inadvertently break some rule I'm unaware off, could you please explain this probation:

milk milk lemonade posted:

He's extremely angry about this thread and the shitposting

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Is the Star Citizen thread to be "on topic" only from this moment on? Are we allowed to interact with each other in the Games > Derek Smart's House of Star Citizen Obsessive Insanity section of the Something Awful forums or must every post follow the template CIG_QUOTE + COMMENT?

As overlord of this territory please advise, does posting nothing but "Tane" dozens of times constitute shitposting or can we go hogwild?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Hahahaahaha this thread is the best.

• Locked thread