Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
We'll see how long it runs with probations raining daily, as opposed to monthly as was before.

Or...

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Derek navel gazing and worshipping himself will not make vbulletin stop working, even with Radium's best efforts.

This thread is white noise between CIG doing stupid poo poo and Derek is like a bell adorned jester self owning continuously for the thread's amusement.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

You're right, I've been neglecting my most important duty. Yesterday was a bit of a weird day, but I'll make sure there's plenty of Kayak moving forward.

Just like CIG.......point out the faults and they rush something out. But it never lasts.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

AbstractNapper posted:

The last 24 hours (and I suppose the next 24 hours) are not a good reference point, and no way signs of doom and dark days to come.

Without most of those probations we would still be reading the same people being outraged/ pissed at FAU and arguing semantics about outing someone on the forums or why Beer and Beets are not suitable, etc.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

I don't understand how these people keep stealing poo poo from everybody, putting a price tag on it or using it in advertising and never get in any legal trouble. They've been doing this for years now.

My guess would be that due to the nesting doll corporate structure/massive ammount of pre-order recorded as a debt on the books, by corporate standards this whole shitshow is a massive 130M$ hole with no product to fill it, meaning they are completely unsolvable and wont be able to pay any litigation damage. There is no money to make.

Only thing it show is that the 2D art pool at CIG is full of hacks

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 21, 2016

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You edited in a probation that didn't happen to find something to be mad about?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Derek navel gazing and worshipping himself will not make vbulletin stop working, even with Radium's best efforts.

This thread is white noise between CIG doing stupid poo poo and Derek is like a bell adorned jester self owning continuously for the thread's amusement.

The important thing to take away is that the act of helldumping by a moderator is seen as a confirmation that it is OK.
It takes one mod to helldump, then an obsessed poster to see that it is mod approved and go just that little bit further and so forth.

As mods we have to enforce the rules, not bypass them. Beet and Beer are good choices and should be able to keep the forum ticking.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's okay, in-house FUD campaigns just mean the thread has gone fully recursive :D

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Speak for yourself. I just ordered my jackboots off of Amazon.

Did you also notify them that CIG is using their trademarks for commercial purposes? Because that would be funny.

MeLKoR posted:

I don't understand how these people keep stealing poo poo from everybody, putting a price tag on it or using it in advertising and never get in any legal trouble. They've been doing this for years now.

They got rid of that Sandi standee in a hurry once the original artist was notified, so they're probably just quiet about it. But for the most part, I'm guessing it's because they've been stealing from nobodies. If this was not sanctioned by Amazon, then they've just infringed on a trademark owned by an international retail giant — one that most likely has at least two full doom fortresses worth of IP lawyers at their beck and call…

Tippis fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 21, 2016

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
I vaguely remember Derek saying offhandedly about a month not being approved once. I think for lazrin or something. But that was a long time ago.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

aleksendr posted:

My guess would be that due to the corporate structure/massive ammount of pre-order recorded as a debt on the books, by corporate standards this whole shitshow is, as we speak, a massive, 130M$ hole with no product to fill it, meaning they are completely unsolvable and wont be able to pay any litigation damage. There is no money to make.

That call to arms for more money in that latest letter from Chris Roberts is such a damning indictment of the entire Star Citizen experiment I can't even begin to imagine how bad things are that Chris is actually paying attention to them.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

FactsAreUseless posted:

I am so mad. Angry even, yes, totally. This is what I am. You have owned me this day. Your insight pierces deep into my soul.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CrazyLoon posted:

I am so mad. Angry even, yes, totally. This is what I am. You have owned me this day.
You quoted a post that wasn't probated and edited in a probation message to try and do what, then?

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Also how the gently caress am I meant to read this thread when I can't just Filter By Derek any more?!

We need someone to step up to the plate as thread warlord/lorekeeper.

FactsAreUseless posted:

You quoted a post that wasn't probated and edited in a probation message to try and do what, then?

This post feels like someone trying to talk to a toddler like they're an adult and not understanding why they drew all up on the walls with crayon like there was a wall and a crayon wtf other reason do I need mum?!

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
In any case Derek should come back. Even if he thinks his banning was 100% unjustified its not like he cant do all the things he was doing before. He didn't need to be a mod to tweet 'coming soon the ELE' so it ultimately doesn't matter.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Nickiepoo posted:

I nominate MeLKoR.

He even looks like Derek.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

FactsAreUseless posted:

To be funny in context. :shrug:

(MODERATOR WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Nickiepoo posted:

Also how the gently caress am I meant to read this thread when I can't just Filter By Derek any more?!

I always felt bad for Derek cause it seemed like he was always 20 pages behind trying to make posts about stuff and fill it full of correctly linked references.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

TheLightPurges posted:

In any case Derek should come back. Even if he thinks his banning was 100% unjustified its not like he cant do all the things he was doing before. He didn't need to be a mod to tweet 'coming soon the ELE' so it ultimately doesn't matter.

I think him being allowed to re-register should be subject to a mod challenge: he will need to publicly admit that he was wrong about helldumping before being allowed to post as a peon.

LOL.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

D1E posted:

I nominate MeLKoR.

He even looks like Derek.

But young Derek when he was still riding around the country pillaging and raping and poo poo and not old Derek who started a Goon Cult with snakes.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Nickiepoo posted:

This post feels like someone trying to talk to a toddler like they're an adult and not understanding why they drew all up on the walls with crayon like there was a wall and a crayon wtf other reason do I need mum?!

This guy gets it!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

D1E posted:

I think him being allowed to re-register should be subject to a mod challenge: he will need to publicly admit that he was wrong about helldumping before being allowed to post as a peon.

LOL.
Nah, he can post whenever.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I always felt bad for Derek cause it seemed like he was always 20 pages behind trying to make posts about stuff and fill it full of correctly linked references.

Yeah but he'd always quote the posts worth reading so that he could :same: them and that was a good way to filter out the noise (like the posts that I'm currently making).

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Nickiepoo posted:

But young Derek when he was still riding around the country pillaging and raping and poo poo and not old Derek who started a Goon Cult with snakes.

TBH, young derek was an utterly insecure and unfunny babby.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

CrazyLoon posted:

Hes a high functioning autistic this is the best place for him

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Tippis posted:

one that most likely has at least two full doom fortresses worth of IP lawyers at their beck and call…

It's this but the witch is Jeff Bezos and the flying monkeys are Amazon branded drones.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MeLKoR posted:

I was wondering... what would the Matrix be like if it had been coded by CIG?

Would people on the street tell each other "so what if the sun is jittering, that's perfectly normal" and Cypher insist on getting more wax steaks that fly apart in a million pieces when you stick a fork in them?

Every agent would be a cross between Forrest Gump and the dolphin with no tail.

"Do you know what humanity is, Neow? It is a filthy, filthy cash parasite. Millions of you plugged in at your nipples, feeding us cash. It's disgusting, and it makes me [player#34.6 voice_tree_potato.wav missing]."

*Agent begins to slowly walk upwards, into the clouds and through a building until the server crashes.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

CrazyLoon posted:

I'd call the Desktop Commander Saga funny as poo poo but yeah I guess it would have been pretty boring if people weren't actively loving with him.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

TheLastRoboKy posted:

That call to arms for more money in that latest letter from Chris Roberts is such a damning indictment of the entire Star Citizen experiment I can't even begin to imagine how bad things are that Chris is actually paying attention to them.

Also the "cash only" rebate pointing to backers slowing down on new buys, most of them just melting-trading ships among themselves for the updated models.

A WOT/Warthunder tier vehicule arena shooter as MVP is becoming more and more plausible each day.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

We should commission :pgabz: to to a Derek Smart video memorial. Somebody send him a copy of that "In the arms of an angel" song.

Lol :D

I second this motion! Give us innocent, baby Derek. Memorial to the warlord through history.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
A fleshed out Arena Commander in the vein of Mechwarrior Online but actually developed and with fun mechanics and a PvE mode is something I would have played the everliving poo poo out of, no stupid Single Player no idiotic MMO nice work CiG well done on dropping the loving ball on that one.

Seriously though give Arena Commander its own dedicated development team and they'd have had a product out making them 'actual' money by now and not a failure of a PTU that people only play so that they can do the videogame equivalent of jamming their dick in a door while claiming they're having fun.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
I'm sorry this thread has left me in a very emotional place.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Nickiepoo posted:

I'd call the Desktop Commander Saga funny as poo poo but yeah I guess it would have been pretty boring if people weren't actively loving with him.

Therein lies the exact difference. Young DS was just someone that got funny if you actively hosed with him, much as was the case with Branson and the 'suck my oval office' saga ITT that elicited his mega-meltdown.

Modern-day Derek, however, does funny poo poo regardless of goons loving with him and will likely continue to be such until the day that CIG officially collapses. Hence, his great value to this dead gay comedy forum that may have been, with this weekend, sadly squandered. Mod or not, No Mods No Masters or not, I really hope he does come back, because even though his ego-trips remain the size of galaxies, they've always been entertaining. poo poo, I don't even read most of his word salads, just seeing them posted is enough to make me laugh IRL by comparison of what a complete shitshow Star Citizen has become.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

CrazyLoon posted:

We'll see how long it runs with probations raining daily, as opposed to monthly as was before.

Or...

It will be fine once people get bored and stop loving with the thread. Basically

We'll see if Derek can swallow his pride and rebuy (:lol: right) or if lowtax gives him a reprieve.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

aleksendr posted:

Also the "cash only" rebate pointing to backers slowing down on new buys, most of them just melting-trading ships among themselves for the updated models.

A WOT/Warthunder tier vehicule arena shooter as MVP is becoming more and more plausible each day.

I wonder if they can even achieve an MVP like that. I don't have much faith in their capabilities considering how much has happened in a year yet so little has actually been achieved.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Nuclearmonkee posted:

It will be fine once people get bored and stop loving with the thread.

I'd argue that loving with the thread very much so WAS the thread but...we'll have to agree to disagree.

Love the comic tho.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sadly, "funniest option" and "option that makes the forum run" aren't always the same thing.

Before this incident, during the year that this thread has been sitting here and being moderated (or not moderated, as you prefer) by Derek how exactly was it crimping SA's style? Did it spill over to other sections, with people shouting BUY MORE JPEGs at unsuspecting posters? What? I'm still trying to figure out why new rules for what constitutes "shitposting" are needed or why the thread was in such a dire need of an Idiot King.

Now that you're overall in charge how do you see the thread progressing, what are you trying to achieve? In short, what is your Vision for Thread 3.0? Will it require more pledging now that the scope has changed?

ahmini
May 5, 2009

Nuclearmonkee posted:

It will be fine once people get bored and stop loving with the thread. Basically

We'll see if Derek can swallow his pride and rebuy (:lol: right) or if lowtax gives him a reprieve.

I don't think he'll get a reprieve. Doxxing posting nobodies has never been anything but a bannable offence.

So it remains to be seen whether Derek will choose this hill to die on rather than coughing up the :10bux:. Normally this would be a foregone conclusion (he would do the former), but then he would be denying himself the oxygen of publicity for his bloviated blog posts. Decisions decisions.

I hope he comes back because his trolling of the more over-eager SC haters was just as funny as his over-the-top warlording of CIG itself.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Is there a way to make Jason continue posting here? With Derek gone most of our shills will disappear too which is unfortunate because it will mean less people to laugh at.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

Before this incident, during the year that this thread has been sitting here and being moderated (or not moderated, as you prefer) by Derek how exactly was it crimping SA's style? Did it spill over to other sections, with people shouting BUY MORE JPEGs at unsuspecting posters? What? I'm still trying to figure out why new rules for what constitutes "shitposting" are needed or why the thread was in such a dire need of an Idiot King.

Now that you're overall in charge how do you see the thread progressing, what are you trying to achieve? In short, what is your Vision for Thread 3.0? Will it require more pledging now that the scope has changed?

Oh my god I only just realised we're in a pipeline and it's getting refactored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Oh my god I only just realised we're in a pipeline and it's getting refactored

:aaa:

• Locked thread