Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

baka kaba posted:

The weird thing is these screens have all been inconsistent in a really consistent way. All bright on the left, all noticeably darker and tinted as you move right. Glow around the edges I can understand, but isn't it a bit weird for panels to all be lovely in exactly the same pattern? Is there a possibility there's something wrong with the base unit, so the right side is never being driven or lit properly or something? That's the only consistent part here across all three replacements (assuming this isn't screen 1 again)

If you've replaced it twice and it's still got the issue, your problem is with the model, not the individual panels. All displays have this kind of variation, and none are perfect. Based on that picture (which isn't a lot to go on) you're picking nits that are common with every hi-dpi laptop display except maybe Apple.

Have you calibrated it? Do you have a colorimeter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

No colorimeter no, I'm just going off the visual difference - it's very noticeable. The photo obviously isn't very good, but if you can see that slight dimming and shift in colour on the white background behind the text, almost like it has a gradient applied to it, that's the impression you get when you look at the screen

Would calibration even help with this? It's not possible to just apply it to regions of the screen, right? It's the variation that looks bad - if it all looked like the left side I'd have no complaints

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Hi thread. I'm looking for a laptop to use for work. Basically all it needs to run is Microsoft Office, mostly Excel, and Gmail. Also, I would REALLY really like it to have a num-pad built in as I use it quite often on my current huge, heavy, old laptop. I've had good experiences with IBM/Lenovo in the past, but am not really tied to any brand in particular. I don't need discrete graphics, integrated is fine. I'm also fine with buying something with less RAM and then adding in more myself if that's cheaper. Also willing to do a used/refurb unit if it's worth it, but don't really want to buy something more than a year old or so. Lastly, I'd highly prefer a 15-inch unit that's not super heavy, but it doesn't need to be an ultra-portable. And I have no use for touchscreen.

Budget: $700 usd or less
Processor: Intel
RAM: 8GB+ (or less if it's upgradeable and better budget wise)
Storage: SSD
New/Used: Either, but less than 1 year old if used
Use: Microsoft Office (Excel) and Gmail
Other: HIGHLY prefer a laptop with a num-pad
Size: 15" preferred, would rather go to 13 than 17 if there are better options.

Thanks!

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jan 2, 2018

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
The Lenovo L500 series have numpads, but besides that you cut down on choices quite massively with this demand.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

baka kaba posted:

No colorimeter no, I'm just going off the visual difference - it's very noticeable. The photo obviously isn't very good, but if you can see that slight dimming and shift in colour on the white background behind the text, almost like it has a gradient applied to it, that's the impression you get when you look at the screen

Would calibration even help with this? It's not possible to just apply it to regions of the screen, right? It's the variation that looks bad - if it all looked like the left side I'd have no complaints

I can't see what you're talking about based on your picture. There's vignetting in general, but it's not stronger on the right side in that image, and there's purple fringing but that looks more like CA from the camera.

A colorimeter wouldn't solve the problem, but it would let you describe it in quantifiable terms rather than subjective ones. It'll let you call up Dell and say "hey, the display on my xps 15 measures 60 cd/m lower on the right side than the left at 80% brightness, is this in spec?" rather than having them replace your display until you find one that works for you, which they'll stop doing pretty quickly.

And it's just worth having if your work requires any sort of color accuracy, which I'm sure yours does.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

the only color i need is brown

im a shitposter, u see

also my xps 13 seems to be working fine. did you guys do a fresh install of w10 on your xps 13s or just go through and delete the useless stuff?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I can't see what you're talking about based on your picture. There's vignetting in general, but it's not stronger on the right side in that image, and there's purple fringing but that looks more like CA from the camera.

There's a red/purple cast on the right side of the image - if you can't see it, try looking from one side to the other quickly, the difference should be obvious. In person the screen is bright white, but the white point is different on each side in the same way. It happens with shades of grey too - if I look at posts on the Dell forums, where posts are in the middle and there's a grey background on either side, the grey on the left looks like a yellower tint. I had to check it was all the same colour

And the right side of the image is slightly darker, which I'm assuming is related to the colour shift somehow. There's a subtle but noticeable drop in brightness, it makes the screen look like it's lit up by a spotlight but it's offset to the left. You can see a similar effect in the picture - again it doesn't look exactly like that (it's just a phone pic it's the best I can do) but you can see the variation if you compare both sides, and you get the same impression in person

If this is basically normal for these displays then ok, but I was expecting better - not perfection, just not obvious tinting on one side of the screen

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Honj Steak posted:

The Lenovo L500 series have numpads, but besides that you cut down on choices quite massively with this demand.
Yeah that's what I've seen in my searching.

I actually specced out an L500 and a T570, and the L500 came out a little more expensive with the same stuff chosen. Plus the T570 has a better port selection. Right above 800 using the B&N Gold link in the OP.

I guess 800's not too much more than 700...anyone have any IRL thoughts on the T570 w/ the full HD screen? Reviews are all saying it's dim. 99% of my use is in a well-lit office.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Honj Steak posted:

Would a USB numpad be a viable option? It gives you the best of both worlds, full selection of the laptop market and a nice full-size numpad when you want it. I've seen a few that can even function as a standalone calculator, making it a bit more worth the backpack space.

Optikalusion
Feb 21, 2007
The better you look the more you see

baka kaba posted:

There's a red/purple cast on the right side of the image - if you can't see it, try looking from one side to the other quickly, the difference should be obvious. In person the screen is bright white, but the white point is different on each side in the same way. It happens with shades of grey too - if I look at posts on the Dell forums, where posts are in the middle and there's a grey background on either side, the grey on the left looks like a yellower tint. I had to check it was all the same colour

And the right side of the image is slightly darker, which I'm assuming is related to the colour shift somehow. There's a subtle but noticeable drop in brightness, it makes the screen look like it's lit up by a spotlight but it's offset to the left. You can see a similar effect in the picture - again it doesn't look exactly like that (it's just a phone pic it's the best I can do) but you can see the variation if you compare both sides, and you get the same impression in person

If this is basically normal for these displays then ok, but I was expecting better - not perfection, just not obvious tinting on one side of the screen

I went through 3 different XPS15 all with exactly this problem. Dell has poo poo quality control and told me this is within their normal screen parameters.
Absolute joke for anyone working on anything visual, or anyone with eyes really. Sent them all back and bought a surface book, couldn’t be happier.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

The XPS 15 screen issues, where half the screen is one color temperature and the other half another, have been around since Day 1. I honestly thought they'd fixed it by now, or started sourcing different panels, since that complaint seemed to fade away. Obviously not.

To the poster with the 3rd new XPS 15, another thing to watch out for is VRM throttling which (DISCLAIMER: I THINK) still hasn't been fixed. I'd advise looking at threads over at Notebookreview.com, the owner's lounge one in particular.

The gist of it is that the VRMs are not actively cooled, and there is an ambient temperature sensor near them. The fan's air path does not cover the VRM without a mod (a piece of tape lol), meaning the ambient temperature rises past a threshold which then induces throttling, even if the CPU temperature is low enough.

I'm not sure how prevalent this is as it is likely also based on use conditions (room temp, cooler pad, laptop raised, CPU load, etc) but something to watch out for.

A simple mod is to put thermal pads on top of the VRMs so they make contact with the base of the chassis to turn it into a heatsink. Another mod is to tape off part of the airflow so it passes over the VRMs themselves.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Whitest Russian posted:

My bad I posted that last night before going to bed. I don't know anything about CPUs, So I'm at a complete loss there. I doubt she'll need the newest one.
For your other questions:
Probably not
13.3"
8gb RAM

She was eyeing My Laptop that i got a year and a half ago for around $700. The price appears to have gone up since then which is kinda funny.

I knew you were going to link a Zenbook before I even clicked on the link. :3: Since that's what she's interested in, just let her get one of those. Note that the specific one you linked has multiple used/Warehouse Deals options in the $500 range, and there are other Zenbook variants with slightly different hardware and at different price points.

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Hi thread. I'm looking for a laptop to use for work. Basically all it needs to run is Microsoft Office, mostly Excel, and Gmail. Also, I would REALLY really like it to have a num-pad built in as I use it quite often on my current huge, heavy, old laptop. I've had good experiences with IBM/Lenovo in the past, but am not really tied to any brand in particular. I don't need discrete graphics, integrated is fine. I'm also fine with buying something with less RAM and then adding in more myself if that's cheaper. Also willing to do a used/refurb unit if it's worth it, but don't really want to buy something more than a year old or so. Lastly, I'd highly prefer a 15-inch unit that's not super heavy, but it doesn't need to be an ultra-portable. And I have no use for touchscreen.

Budget: $700 usd or less
Processor: Intel
RAM: 8GB+ (or less if it's upgradeable and better budget wise)
Storage: SSD
New/Used: Either, but less than 1 year old if used
Use: Microsoft Office (Excel) and Gmail
Other: HIGHLY prefer a laptop with a num-pad
Size: 15" preferred, would rather go to 13 than 17 if there are better options.

Thanks!

Get this, add an m.2 SATA SSD and 4 GB of RAM and you end up ~$250 under budget. You can split the savings with me, tia~

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Optikalusion posted:

I went through 3 different XPS15 all with exactly this problem. Dell has poo poo quality control and told me this is within their normal screen parameters.
Absolute joke for anyone working on anything visual, or anyone with eyes really. Sent them all back and bought a surface book, couldn’t be happier.

They said it was fine to me too, but seeing as they were referring to a blown out phone snapshot the engineer sent in when he was done, I think they just say that to everyone whether it's true or not

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

The XPS 15 screen issues, where half the screen is one color temperature and the other half another, have been around since Day 1. I honestly thought they'd fixed it by now, or started sourcing different panels, since that complaint seemed to fade away. Obviously not.

To the poster with the 3rd new XPS 15, another thing to watch out for is VRM throttling which (DISCLAIMER: I THINK) still hasn't been fixed. I'd advise looking at threads over at Notebookreview.com, the owner's lounge one in particular.

Thanks for the tips! I'm not in the mood for messing around in there at the moment, but I'll keep that in mind if I start seeing issues

(It's actually the 3rd display, swapped onto the same base unit - that's why I was wondering if it could be some internal issue, since the base unit has been the consistent element in all this)

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

its cool that dell is basically straight up telling anybody that needs a good monitor that their product is absolutely an inappropriate purchase

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I hate that Apple is the only company that seems to really give a poo poo about displays. I especially hate that they simultaneously don't give a poo poo about keyboards, ports or value.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I mean, SOMEBODY cares about Apple's keyboards.

There was an ebay listing yesterday of someone selling their OEM imac pro keyboard, mouse, and trackpad in space grey with the top bid for $1,500.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Hadlock posted:

Last year CES was Jan 4 with a couple of manufacturers announcing before the holiday weekend their new line up. Lenovo announced their 2017 lineup on Dec 30 2016.

This year CES starts Jan 9, if they follow suit we can expect the T480, X280 etc to be announced perhaps Jan 2 2018.

X280 chassis was last updated with the X240 nearly 4 years ago (oldest chassis in the Thinkpad lineup, twice as old as the T series), pretty excited to see if they go the XPS13 infinity bezel route with it.

Lenovo has been total (TOTAL) radio blackout about their 2018 lineup and CPU thermals have dropped pretty significantly in the last couple of years allowing for a thinner chassis or larger battery. Should be interesting.

2018 Thinkpad lineup announced:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.en...d-updates-2018/

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

quote:

Not that it's a simple speed bump. There's now a ThinkShutter webcam cover on the T series for those worried they'll be targeted by creeps and spies.

....finally, a feature that most of us have been doing to our own laptops for years already!

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I'm pretty excited that we're in the 21st century and it looks like all the Thinkpad lineup now has USB-C charging. Now everything I care about (phone, laptop, wireless headphones, game console) except my eReader charges off the same plug.

Based on the publicity photos, the x380 has Thunderbolt 3. If you zoom in and squint, the x280 may as well.

Getting Thunderbolt 3 in a Thinkpad is great; that means you can have your 8-logical core portable Thinkpad with 32-64GB memory on the go, and use it for gaming at home via eGPU. That's one less computer in the house, my girlfriend is going to be thrilled.

Edit: Ubergizmo reports 1 TB3 port on the x280. Getting conflicting reports on if the x280 will have IPS (historically the x2*0 has always had an IPS option)

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jan 4, 2018

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Hopefully I’ll be able to keep my current laptop for another year or so, but are there any model lines that cater to non-16:9 aspect ratios that I can keep an eye on for refreshes and the like? Surface Books will probably be out of my price range for always unless they drop a cool grand off the prices when the next model is about to come out. Keeping my eyes open for CES as well.

E: running Windows, need to do 3D modeling on Rhino 5.

NewFatMike fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 4, 2018

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

NewFatMike posted:

Hopefully I’ll be able to keep my current laptop for another year or so, but are there any model lines that cater to non-16:9 aspect ratios that I can keep an eye on for refreshes and the like? Surface Books will probably be out of my price range for always unless they drop a cool grand off the prices when the next model is about to come out. Keeping my eyes open for CES as well.

i think that answer probably depends on how you use your laptop

for example samsung pro/plus chromebook has a 3:2 display

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
Yay actually usable graphics.

A 1050 in the 15 inch would have been better but whatever.

E: new XPS 13 as well. Thinner but not lighter and a 13% reduction in battery capacity? :fuckoff:

Honestly, has anyone ever complained that their XPS 13 is too thick? Wasn't the whole point to get astoundingly good battery life with the FHD panel? Oh and they're stucking with DDR3 too.

Seamonster fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 4, 2018

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Statutory Ape posted:

i think that answer probably depends on how you use your laptop

for example samsung pro/plus chromebook has a 3:2 display

Sorry, should have specified Windows; I need to do 3D modeling with Rhino 5. Hopefully there will be a Ryzen mobile variant of whatever laptops have non 16:9 ratios, but if I need to go Intel+Nvidia again, the battery life isn't the most important. In that case, it'll be plugged in most of the time.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Seamonster posted:

Yay actually usable graphics.

A 1050 in the 15 inch would have been better but whatever.

E: new XPS 13 as well. Thinner but not lighter and a 13% reduction in battery capacity? :fuckoff:

Honestly, has anyone ever complained that their XPS 13 is too thick? Wasn't the whole point to get astoundingly good battery life with the FHD panel? Oh and they're stucking with DDR3 too.

otoh as somebody that just dropped almost 2k on an XPS 13, to see that the next one doesn't really do much i care about is pretty great

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Statutory Ape posted:

otoh as somebody that just dropped almost 2k on an XPS 13, to see that the next one doesn't really do much i care about is pretty great

as someone who just dropped less than four hundo on a used 9350 in perfect condition, holy poo poo.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

I hope this isn't too much of a dumb or vague question, but I haven't had to buy a non-Mac laptop in over 10 years and I need a great starting point.

I just moved out of my parents' place, and I finally registered for some CPA classes. I'm looking for a laptop specifically because the exams specifically require a laptop (or else I'd just get a PC). Not really looking for portability other than those exams. I'll probably just get an extra keyboard and mouse for it.

I don't need much with it, just something that'll run standard MS Office programs. I already play most video games on a PS4 so that's not an issue (though I might download a 4-year-old game once in a while). Problem is I'm in Canada, and everyone I know just buys their laptops at Best Buy and has no advice (I've heard Costco's better, but I don't really know by how much). I can go up to $1,000 since it seems that's what most laptops run for these days. Even if Amazon.ca is a good bet, I get 2% cashback on it.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
I need a second opinion, I can't pick between these two:

https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T470s-14in-Core-i5-6300U-8-GB-RAM-256-GB-SSD/4512969.aspx
https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-20FB-14in-Core-i5-6300U-8-GB-RAM-256-GB-SS/4763195.aspx

The only con I can think of for the X1 is that it lacks a built in rj45 port and I can't expand the memory later.

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T470s-14in-Core-i5-6300U-8-GB-RAM-256-GB-SSD/4512969.aspx
https://www.cdw.com/shop/products/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-20FB-14in-Core-i5-6300U-8-GB-RAM-256-GB-SS/4763195.aspx

The only con I can think of for the X1 is that it lacks a built in rj45 port and I can't expand the memory later.

:lol: At those prices. Jesus christ.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

Prescription Combs posted:

:lol: At those prices. Jesus christ.

Hey it’s the company’s money, not mine!

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Yeah, they're pretty much the same internals. See if you can get the qhd display option, it's much, much better unless you're running crappy software that breaks with scaling.

Xenthalon
Jun 28, 2010
Guys, I have been eyeing the Microsoft Laptop i7 for a long long while. Reason being, I do not want a dedicated GPU, but want a little more oomph than the default IGP, and the only laptops you can find with the Intel Iris Graphics package are Apple devices (no!), the Microsoft Laptop and one Dell XPS 13.

Build quality of the Microsoft Laptop seems to be top notch, and I do have the money for a new laptop currently, however... the Microsoft Laptop has been around for quite a while now, and I'd hate to buy it when a refresh is around the corner. So, any opinions? Or is the XPS 13 the preferred choice; I am on a Dell right now and quite happy too.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

What are you trying to run software wise? I have an xps13 but with the uhd620 not the iris- it still kicks some serious butt in stuff like diablo3, insurgency, company of heroes 2, CSGO, chivalry and I forget what else.

I do not game on it really, i just happened to be at a friends house with it and i installed some games to LAN with him while we waited out a snow storm (not this past one)

I want to use my helios but lol if i have the time. Which is good because I've yet to put in an actual decent capacity hd

Worf fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jan 5, 2018

Xenthalon
Jun 28, 2010
Diablo3 is the only thing I want to play on a laptop, I have a gaming desktop for anything more challenging.

You might be right about a uhd6xx series being sufficient, my current laptop has integrated HD Graphics 4000, and that is definately not enough for smooth D3 on max settings. But the uhd6xx series seem to be about 25% faster than that. Hm. I guess I'll wait a bit more for some new XPS 13 reviews to drop.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
If you're buying new and it's not like OMG URGENT, wait for CES. Every big laptop announcement happens next week.

edit: if you're looking to run diablo 3 at max settings on an ultrabook, you will need a dgpu. Iris won't cut it. The only thing I can recommend right this second is a xiaomi air 13, but next week who knows.

Dr. Fishopolis fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jan 5, 2018

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Uhd620 isnt gonna run d3 at max @1080p tho. Maybe with dropped resolution. Ill try it when i get home

E: random thought- i think i actually prefer the touchpad on the asus x205t to the xps13 lol

Worf fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 5, 2018

Eletriarnation
Apr 6, 2005

People don't appreciate the substance of things...
objects in space.

Oven Wrangler

I had that choice too and went for the X1 Carbon (6600U/8G/256G), but I do most of my work on a desktop remotely so the fixed DRAM didn't seem like much of a loss. You can get an Ethernet dongle for the docking station port although I know that's a controversial option.

Very good experience overall - I had one bad key with the first unit and they sent me a whole new one since they have to completely disassemble it to remove the keyboard, but the second has been flawless. The 1440p screen is a bit annoying when connecting to old Windows machines with no scaling and I do that enough to sometimes wish I had 1080p instead, but it looks great for everything else. It doesn't have any cooling problems and seems pretty sturdy. I wish the docking station supported more than 1 4K screen or 2 other screens since that would motivate me to get one, but it's not a big deal.

Xenthalon
Jun 28, 2010
Alright, thanks for the opinions guys. I'll wait a while longer.

I'd still be interested in that benchmark Statutory Ape, I don't need Diablo3 to run at 60fps, but currently it's just very stuttery and takes noticeably long to load assets, no matter the settings. Turning down the resolution helps, but thats... ugh. I'm pretty sure it's all because there is no dedicated GPU memory.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

I realize my question early was a bit too generic, so after re-reading the OP, I've done some more research and considered buying Best Buy refurbished laptops, since I only need these to last just a few years until I finally finish my CPA.

I was leaning towards this Dell XPS 13 for $600, but it's not sold directly by Best Buy. Should I be worried about that?

In case that's a problem, I found this HP Probook 640 for $570.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

mojo1701a posted:

I was leaning towards this Dell XPS 13 for $600, but it's not sold directly by Best Buy. Should I be worried about that?

The only bit to worry about is that the warranty is short, so you'll have to make sure you thoroughly test it out quickly in order to ensure everything works correctly. Otherwise, it's being sold by CDI, which is a very large and reputable vendor that does a ton of business with large corporations; it's no fly-by-night shop out of some dude's basement.

That said, it might be worth looking at CDI's site directly to see if they have the same listing for less, since I'm sure BestBuy is taking a cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

DrDork posted:

The only bit to worry about is that the warranty is short, so you'll have to make sure you thoroughly test it out quickly in order to ensure everything works correctly. Otherwise, it's being sold by CDI, which is a very large and reputable vendor that does a ton of business with large corporations; it's no fly-by-night shop out of some dude's basement.

That said, it might be worth looking at CDI's site directly to see if they have the same listing for less, since I'm sure BestBuy is taking a cut.

Their website doesn't seem to have it, so Best Buy seems like the best bet. As for testing it out, I'll have to probably find a checklist and give it a once-over within a week or two.

Edit: I'm also in Canada so that makes checking certain companies a bit of a pain in the rear end.

Edit 2: Ahh how did I not notice its hard drive was only 320GB? I think I might just go to Costco and have a look around.

mojo1701a fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 5, 2018